Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval (5826 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2015

Does it mean Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala are expert "diversionist" to have perpetrated such too?

Maybe they learnt it from buhari cool cool cool cool cool He appears to be the expert since N700Billion is greater than N61Billion
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by LadyExcellency: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

I'm happy you've clearly defined your position, hence your ambiguity in calling out a crime for what it is.

So the national orientation about the road construction or power generation status of the country, coupled with the propaganda in support of the PDP while maligning the APC as a party and it's prominent members, is judicious use of defence funds?

Now that the PDP is highlighting the failures of the military in concluding the victory over boko haram, I reckon that has also made the PDP the mouthpiece of boko haram?

Who spent defence funds meant for weapons on political campaigns? Was it PDP or APC?

If the above submission is your defence in court, then Dokpesi and Dasuki would have a long career in jail as the entertainers, D square.

Presidential Approval is what settles Dokpesi's case while Dasuki's case will be settled by authentic proof that the military hardware, gears and services (including hired military contractors) were provided as approved by the President.

The keypoint is if there was proposal and tender by Dokpesi for which President Jonathan consented to under military budget for media services.

The same thing you accused PDP of doing is what APC is presently doing with DSS, media propaganda and States elections by INEC

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Some dude banned me. @Candyrain, please take note too. That's why I couldn't reply that day.

Meanwhile, I want to ask, was the 700 billion approved by presisaint Buhari meant for bailing out states through and through?
I ask because, from my calculations via this website http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/19/cbn-reveals-states-given-bailout-amounts-full-list/
27 states were meant to receive a total of 348.4 billion as bailout funds.

Pray tell, what was the remaining 351.6 billion used for?
Is the expenditure detail in public domain?

Nice observation!!! We have to start probing this thieves even before we leave office.Buhari must have used the rest to buy new watches for Aisha grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Nice observation!!! We have to start probing this thieves even before we leave office.Buhari must have used the rest to buy new watches for Aisha grin

cheesy
I'm going to pop a thread then.
Someone out there must know exactly what the money was used for.
Brb.

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

Presidential Approval is what settles Dokpesi's case while Dasuki's case will be settled by authentic proof that the military hardware, gears and services (including hired military contractors) were provided as approved by the President.

The keypoint is if there was proposal and tender by Dokpesi for which President Jonathan consented to under military budget for media services.

don't mind them let they continue to rant,The case would be decided in court and not on the pages of newspapers!! Dokpesi is a business man and would receive money from anyone to run ads as long as the ads are not against the laws of the land
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

cheesy
I'm going to pop a thread then.
Someone out there must know exactly what the money was used for.
Brb.

Will be watching out for that
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will be watching out for that

Done grin
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

The same thing you accused PDP of doing is what APC is presently doing with DSS, media propaganda and States elections by INEC

DSS is not paying any media house for reporting news about accused or investigated suspects. INEC is doing a great job conducting elections as a neutral body, and ensuring that the results are valid and would not be upturned by tribunals and appeal courts as was the case in the miserable 16years of the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

DSS is not paying any media house for reporting news about accused or investigated suspects. INEC is doing a great job conducting elections as a neutral body, and ensuring that the results are valid and would not be upturned by tribunals and appeal courts as was the case in the miserable 16years of the PDP.

Which elections were credible? The one where Bello got 6000 votes and is declared Governor elect abi is it southern ijaw where eletions where held at midnight grin grin
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

can you substantiate this claim please cheesy cheesy cheesy

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/186365-2bn-eca-fund-okonjo-iweala-shifts-says-jonathan-unilaterally-approved-withdrawal.html

Immediate past Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy & Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, yesterday described as “false and malicious,” the allegation by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, that she spent $2.1 billion from the Excess Crude Account, ECA, without authorization.
Speaking through her Media Adviser, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, in Abuja, the ex-minister said that there was no unauthorized expenditure from the ECA under her watch in the Finance Ministry.

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Nigeria’s former minister of finance said on Tuesday night that the $2 billion she was alleged to have withdrawn from Excess Crude Account without authorisation was used to pay for fuel subsidy on the instruction of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

She however said the issue was discussed at the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), a statutory body which is chaired by the Minister of State for Finance in which all the states are represented.

The former Minister however said FAAC did not approve the withdrawal.

Ngozi can lie for Africa oooo. See the conflict between the 1st position of hers and the shift in position in the 2nd.

CC: Chukwudi44

Below is the funds shared by Buhari after due approval by the concerned stakeholders.

“It was in keeping with that disposition, that the President promptly disclosed the accrual of the NLNG dividends and taxes to the Federation Account at his recent meeting with State Governors and approved the convening of a special session of the FAAC to share it.” - See more at:

[url]http://citynews.ng/bailout-funds-shared-not-jonathans-savings-buhari-replies-pdp/#sthash.j2lvveD3.dpuf
[/url]

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Candyrain(m): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Some dude banned me. @Candy.rain, please take note too. That's why I couldn't reply that day.

Meanwhile, I want to ask, was the 700 billion approved by presisaint Buhari meant for bailing out states through and through?
I ask because, from my calculations via this website http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/19/cbn-reveals-states-given-bailout-amounts-full-list/
27 states were meant to receive a total of 348.4 billion as bailout funds.

Pray tell, what was the remaining 351.6 billion used for?
Is the expenditure detail in public domain?

Oh ok. Now I get it. I was actually wondering why you never responded that day. What was the reason for the ban?

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
Candyrain:

Oh ok. Now I get it. I was actually wondering why you never responded that day. What was the reason for the ban?

Said I was derailing.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

Where in that link Did NOI say GEJ gave a verbal approval? I didn't see anything like that in that where is your source?
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Decapo: 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/rep-sues-buhari-five-others-over-n700b-bailout-fund-to-states×
The story below is proof that Buhari is equally guilty of extra budgetary spending without approval from the NASS. I remember reading lots of vitriolic comments on the NOI thread, where some of Buhari's online warriors were castigating her for releasing some portions of the Abacha loot to be used to procure arms to tackle the boko haram insurgency.

From the foregoing we can only fault an emergency fund if it was embezzled and not used for its intended purpose.

So unless anyone can prove that Dasuki did not procure any weapons from the money allocated for it, they should STFU

So will the hypocrites now shut up

Old news
Pa chukwudi is just a big slowpoke
Next please

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Decapo:

Old news
Pa chukwudi is just a big slowpoke
Next please
is that all you have to say? smh
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by LadyExcellency: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

miserable 16years of the PDP.

We were "extraordinarily" doing well "individually" in my part of the country until APC came and brought hardship and unfair economic policies to strangulate our vibrant economy and cash follows that trickles down to the common people on our streets and remote rural areas.

We are 5%ters who expect less hence we are restrategizing on how to survive through our doggedness and ingenuity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by TimeManager(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
As Senile As Chukwudi44. He Would Never Understand An Executive Order Or Fiat In A Dire Circumstance, Besides,the Basis Of The Bailout Funds Is Simple; Debts Restructuring Through The Office Of The DMO And Loan Grants From The CBN
No lie only truth!

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
TimeManager:
As Senile As Chukwudi44. He Would Never Understand An Executive Order Or Fiat In A Dire Circumstance, Besides,the Basis Of The Bailout Funds Is Simple; Debts Restructuring Through The Office Of The DMO And Loan Grants From The CBN
No lie only truth!

Oh so you know all this yet you were trying to crucify GEJ for using N61 billion recovered from Abacha to procure weapons to tackle boko haram kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Candyrain(m): 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Said I was derailing.

This is ridiculous. The rate at which these present mods are banning people unnecessarily is becoming worrisome. I know of someone who deactivated her account because of these bans. Really bad.

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by TimeManager(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
@chukwudi44, Some Lunacy Arecurable While Some Are Incurable, It Would Seem You Clearly Fall In The Second Category. Truly, There Is Nothing Wrong In Buying Arms For Security With The Abacha Loot But The Question Is, Must She Feign Ignorant Of The Actual Transaction? Was There No Invoices Of Those Arms Purchased With Her Office And The Office Of The Accountant General? If Yes, Let Her Present Those Documents As Proofs. If No, Then Why Would She Signed For Monies To Be Released And Had No Follow Up On Those Monies? By The Way, She Is Yet To Respond To SERAP With Substantial Proofs On How She Managed $5b Abacha Loot.(Note That $5b Will Change Your Present Life Forever)She Has A Disease Of Making Claims And Rebuttals With No Substance! What An Hardvard Product! Always Failing To Take Responsibilities! If Buhari, Osinbajo Emefiele, Kemi Adeosun Comes Out Later To Pass Bulk Among Eachother Over The Bailout's, Then The Deserve Stoning The Way We Xpect NOI&GEJ,dasuki & Co be stoned to jail
No Lie Only Truth!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by oshyno(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
U see my qualms with apc is not that they condemn GEJ and people that worked with him but the issue is that they look the other way when they commit the same offence. Pray tell Oshiomole did not ask if the bailout money he received was appropriated and approved by the NASS.

That is height of hypocrisy. If actually any money from the presidency must be approved by NASS ( which by the I'm in support of) Buhari shud not do otherwise. Period.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
oshyno:
U see my qualms with apc is not that they condemn GEJ and people that worked with him but the issue is that they look the other way when they commit the same offence. Pray tell Oshiomole did not ask if the bailout money he received was appropriated and approved by the NASS.

That is height of hypocrisy. If actually any money from the presidency must be approved by NASS ( which by the I'm in support of) Buhari shud not do otherwise. Period.
Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
TheVoice

You exchange over 10 conversations with me and you didn't do a simple profiling?
Angry?
Me?
No, I'm not. I don't think I ever was actually.

Thread's been deleted.
I can't remember your question in specifics.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
TheVoice

You exchange over 10 conversations with me and you didn't do a simple profiling?
Angry?
Me?
No, I'm not. I don't think I ever was actually.

Thread's been deleted.
I can't remember your question in specifics.

i believe you wink

The issue is that N413.7B isn't a loan. It's the money due the FG, States and LGA's from income accruing to the federation account. It needs no NASS approval for sharing.

It's the N300B that is the loan and i really mean it when i tell you i'm not sure of the constitutional requirement. If you know, tell me
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

i believe you wink

The issue is that N413.7B isn't a loan. It's the money due the FG, States and LGA's from income accruing to the federation account. It needs no NASS approval for sharing.

It's the N300B that is the loan and i really mean it when i tell you i'm not sure of the constitutional requirement. If you know, tell me

I don't either. Well, let's hope the FG component of the shared allocation was properly appropriated. Time will tell....just like Time is telling on his predecessor smiley
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

I don't either. Well, let's hope the FG component of the shared allocation was properly appropriated. Time will tell....just like Time is telling on his predecessor smiley

ok
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Meriekriss: 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Done grin
Pls quote me on the thread
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by nduchucks: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Well after ranting in the media go and arrest NOI and GEJ let us see!!

The handwriting is on the wall yet people like this poster continue to bury their heads in the sand. I'm afraid many are grossly underestimating Buhari's resolve to bring these looters to book.

Once we gather enough foolproof evidence even your goddess Ngozi will not be spared.

Most Nigerians fully support this fight against the looters.

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by jlinkd78(m): 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
Chukwudi nwanne mu, something tells me u can thoughtfully catch in on this Seun misfire and turn into a big blogger by design a blog dat while being pro-biafran do not segregate against other Nigerians. Seriously think of this and align forces with other like minds but make sure u present all ur info with verifiable facts. Ka amara Chineke nonyere gi. As u can see from all these probe in arms no single core Igbo man is yet to be implicated in the yam and goat theory but North cum d Sw and some SS. Now our amiable Seun is asking us to leave though d predicament dat NigerianVillageSquare Big-k comes to mind. If u sincerely know Seun pls counter advise him cos most of us here truly wish him well. If his NL looses traffic cos of d ban in d end his ngwati siblings will only laugh with scorn at his downfall. Much as Dangote is a northerner he remained pan-Nigerian to remain in biz.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by godwinkessi: 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
Biafra tongue
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by godwinkessi: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
tongue tongue tongue Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Adoring Bridge A Village In Anambra Contributed Money For / Why PPPRA Lacks Constitutional Power To Determine Fuel Price In Nigeria - Falana / Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.