Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (668787 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2015
Yipeeeeééé, no Biafra madness anylonger.

17 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by chronique(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun and Buhari have the same thing in common when it comes to issues this sensitive;they just know how to make erratic decisions. By banning and stiffling them,you only end up make them more popular. I never knew about NK until this administration and that's because the previous regime decided not to pay him attention... Seun's decision making ability sometimes makes me wonder how He reasons. I remember how we woke up one day to find a rule that prohibited people from talking negatively about "islam" and not just any religion. In a society like Nigeria where Christians and muslims are the dominant religions,it was a very silly rule to make,considering the fact that there are lots of Christians on this platform... The rule should have been made to cover all religions,not just islam. Even if you're going to be biased,you don't have to make it glaring. It was when people started bashing him and threatening to quit NL,that he now went back to adjust the rule;I no longer see it here.
BedLam:
You should have let this slide. Stifflling them will give them more power. You dull for this one.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2015
Demdem:
Yipeeeeééé, no Biafra madness anylonger.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Mescopaul(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2015
I rarely comment on posts on Nairaland, a silent reader of comments you might say. Did some stuffs in the Literature section and the Religion sections. I love being alone, seems my Phlegmatism follows me even to Nairaland..lol

BUT, I just couldn't by-pass this thread without dropping something, though I tried to force myself against it, but I just couldn't stand this and this is my humble opinions and inferences.

I WAS WRONG
All the while I had thought Nairaland was not just a relative forum, I thought it was more than just a social media.

I actually held Nairaland in high esteem with other sites.

Whilst I saw sites like Naij.com and the rest as a restricted platform were a prime focus was on mainly POLITICS and NEWS, I saw Nairaland as a platform that has excellently, interestingly and of course successfully combined both the POLITICAL aspect, CULTURAL, EDUCATIONAL and even INTERNATIONAL aspect of our time into one giant and due to the fact that this technological giant was founded on the shores of Africa, precisely Nigeria, it was named NAIRALAND, giving credence and respect to its source NIGERIA.

So I pledged my allegiance to rank this wonderful brainchild of our genius as one of the best in the world (you don't believe me, I don't expect you to).

Now due to the recent turn out of events in our dear country Nigeria, and the elite's response to it in respect of his property (Nairaland), I am now being forced beyond my will to annul those high attributes I held for Nairaland - though who cares anyway, I can go to hell for all 'THE FOUNDER OF NAIRALAND' cares!

HE WAS WRONG

I don't expect you (Seun, mods, fellow Nlers) to believe me anyway, but needless to say, I will still say it.

Please, I agree that am from Delta, I love my people, but I don't support the idea of inciting people against the government, so I don't advocate for or against Biafra, and I have my reasons for that.

I am a Christian. God forbids disrespect to constituted authority in whatever form, so I obey all the laid down rules of the Fg.

Also God forbids riotings, so I also disagree with any form of violence and riotings.

And lastly, God does not forbid seccession, so neither do I.

If Biafra wants to secceed, I pledge my full support but it must not be achieved outside the confinement of peaceful dialoguing.

Nairaland owner and founder was wrong for:
1. Taking Nairaland as a personal property.

Inducing social dictatorship. I believe such ideas are archaic and a rational human would know that the INTEREST of everyone in any organisation and system is highly paramount.
This he failed to look into, by acting as a LORD of all and this is a mindset of a failure.

Successful people acknowledge the presence and also the success of others and tries as much as possible to get their opinions even if they think they are sufficed with theirs.

There is never a forest without a tree.

2. Mixing business with emotions.

I think the founder sees Nairaland as more of a business platform were income is generated than justa mere fun site.

Telling people what to post and what not to post simply because it is against your public security and your ethnicity depicts a man who hass not defined his parameters right.

You should know that Nairaland is just above a fun site or play thing. By now you should know that nairaland is a herald of cash generating jackpot, hence you should know how to address and checkmate your emotions so that they don't come inbetween you and your business.

3. Failure to ask from others.

If you think you know it al, then you are just showing me a man who is on his way to failure.
Always ask questions.
If possible bring it up for the public and see their response, act on it and try not to injure the feelings of your 'customers' by striking a balance between the ill and right.

I cease to say more.

195 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
but lalasticlala is a biafran, how can you write this and still look at him in the eye?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2015
menesheh:

That's a naive thinking bruh. You could imagine how dirty your heart is. This is the only thought that comes to your mind each time you hear about Biafra.

To your greatest disappointment, is not gonna be like that. Did you heard any story about claims of people's properties when south Sudan and their northern counterpart got disengaged. No. So go and die, you're not gonna see any igbo property to steal.
See mr beautiful ugly idiot monkey, nah ur people and u will go and die. @Seun, i want u to deal with this guy, he has violated the rules of this forum, therefore he should be banned. Just watch out, immature somebody.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by xmich(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,

Oga seun you are on your own,we have decided to go and we are going.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by nyabinghi(m): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2015
menesheh:

What's your personal problems here. You're just busy replying every possible comments that is against curbing freedom of expression. Why not go and rest.
did you fall off your mum's back as a kid, you turned the blind eye to your mate's folly.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by princejayboss: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2015
MPEROR:
You can have your Biafra just leave Akwa Ibom and Cross River state out of it we want to spend our oil money by ourself we don,t need Ibo help to spend it

Lack of education is a bad thing.... Oga in the next 10years nobody will need crude oil for anything.... Free energy is here now.... Proposed by my mentor Einstein.... Physicist are working hard to delete crude oil from the needs of the earth

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by derecho(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
derecho:
Please guys letz not allow it degenerate to tribal contest.
I expect to see more fora by next week.Seun has the right to ban anybody on his platform.
Unfortunately,I think this has done more harm than Good.This will draw the undecided to give another look at the issue.Many will be challenged by the ARROGANCE "The Founder of Nairaland".BTW,how much does it cost to own a forum?
@OP, seun only sent a message.He has not beaten anyone.Those interested in the rule will adhere to it,those who see it as a challenge will react.
Look at it from another angle,What will Seun's endorsement of Biafra do?Seun, though owns nairaland,is no different from a super moderator.He is not an opinion molder.
Seun is only doing his work,howbeit,within his space.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mcjoe007: 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
JayJustus:

i am not igbo neither am i yoruba...nigga get off my facking mentions...when you can write properly comeback...buttwipe
fool,that ur headache not mine.my jotter is with me am ready to learn from d only man that knows how to write.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by HaroldFinch(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2015
The interpretations and meanings that are attributed to posts sometimes baffle me. Seun's stance to me is proper in the circumstance. Nairaland from the name represents a unified Nigeria and at best, people promoting cecession shouldn't use this platform as vanguard. I don't see his comments to hold any bias, rather, it protects his investment, prevents nairaland from being subject of a pull down and a form of disclaimer should any post be found incriminating by the government. Yes, freedom of speech, association, thought and expression are guaranteed under the Constitution. but these freedoms are also qualified, with certain forms of restrictions. Radio Biafra existed on its own, Seun's comment is simply urging those interested to get their own website.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by pinkcita: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun am disappointed in you..pride goes before a fall..Don't let you think Naira land is ALL.Dont put your personal ideologies in this kind of business or you become a loser.Expecting my Ban.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Gboskee(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2015
martyns303:

The word u are looking for is solidarity, FB showed solidarity and didn't ban, restrict or changed it's rules to that effect.

Seun could have shown Solidarity. Can you imagine GTBank, MTN, or any company for that matter saying that they won't serve Biafrans? And that all their branches in Biafran states would be closed?

Don't tell me it's not the same as NL, because it is, both are their to serve the public without prejudice. Biafrans use the banks to make transactions to fund their course, and use telecom to mobilize themselves. So Ya lets ban Biafrans from using those services.
i liked your write up it tells that you are intelligent but let me remind you of a sort' biafran cyber movement has violated his online application (rules number 2) so i think if you cant stick to his rules then you can exit nairaland.brox!!

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by iconaus: 9:32am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun stop . This is not right. It is undemocratic

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mastro: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2015
just adding my 5 kobo,
Tthis forum is "NAIRALAND" for a reason, its a place for like minded Nigerians and persons interested in Nigerian matters to come together and discuss, rant, educated and even abuse one another, the thing that binds us together is Nigeria, so why should we give voice to the people who want to that away from us.

You don't go to an Arsenal forum and start shouting about how great Chelsea are. If anyone wants to form a forum called yourbaland or Hausaland and discuss those issues they should feel free to do so.
Leave Nairaland for Nigerians

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2015
HaroldFinch:
The interpretations and meanings that are attributed to posts sometimes baffle me. Seun's stance to me is proper in the circumstance. Nairaland from the name represents a unified Nigeria and at best, people promoting cecession shouldn't use this platform as vanguard. I don't see his comments to hold any bias, rather, it protects his investment, prevents nairaland from being subject of a pull down and a form of disclaimer should any post be found incriminating by the government. Yes, freedom of speech, association, thought and expression are guaranteed under the Constitution. but these freedoms are also qualified, with certain forms of restrictions. Radio Biafra existed on its own, Seun's comment is simply urging those interested to get their own website.
i concur with you, Nairaland should not be used to promote secession. it should be used to promote unity, oneness, equity and justice. what baffles me is the inclusion of niger delta with secessionist group. i am still asking what is the owner`s rationale for doing this? i thought by now he should have edited the original post. or does the rest of Nigeria perceives the south south (whose resources have been used to sustain this country for decades) as Biafrans too? if this is the case, this will go down as the highest form of injustice and inhumanity. it will mean that they are not regarded at all. this goes to show and confirms the very scant number of south south in the civil service and even in the oil and maritime sector not because of education disadvantage or deficiency but on the basis of discrimination.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Seun(m): 9:38am On Dec 11, 2015
Walkopet:
you and ur blog didn't support Biafra, but u came here sometime around last week ranting how nig police killed one of ur sister protesting in onitsha, u against Biafra, and ur sister is in support, who u dey deceive?
It's possible that her sister went there to cover the event for her. Not to participate, but to provide information about what was going on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Malawian(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thanks,
THE MONI WEY NNAMDI KANU NO GREE COLLECT, SHEBI DEM DON PARCEL AM GIVE YOU? grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Malawian(m): 9:42am On Dec 11, 2015
LOGGING OUT. SEE YA.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by nike4love: 9:45am On Dec 11, 2015
kelechi50:
my brother ur talking it might be nairalands turn
Who knows?
Its so absurd to ban ppl to express their view even on social media.
I know most of this ppl jubilating now re against Donald trump.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by oyinkinola: 9:56am On Dec 11, 2015
All the terrorists and criminals hide under the right and freedom to cause hadvoc on people today , they imposed and opressed on other in the name of freedom, wasnt it ridicule that the life of victims were nothing? bokoharam slaughter the people on daily bases no detest by the human right advocate but they denounce the soldiers for human right violation on bokoharam terrorist fighter!...the life of the victims is worthless in the era of human right and freedom!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thanks,
Seun please i want you to purnish this guy named 'menesheh' he has violated the rules.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by sarutobie(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2015
Malawian:
LOGGING OUT. SEE YA.
dude where have you been?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ksstroud: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2015
mastro:
just adding my 5 kobo,
Tthis forum is "NAIRALAND" for a reason, its a place for like minded Nigerians and persons interested in Nigerian matters to come together and discuss, rant, educated and even abuse one another, the thing that binds us together is Nigeria, so why should we give voice to the people who want to that away from us.

You don't go to an Arsenal forum and start shouting about how great Chelsea are. If anyone wants to form a forum called yourbaland or Hausaland and discuss those issues they should feel free to do so.
Leave Nairaland for Nigerians

Said

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Kippah(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2015
Pls Seun. Don't refer to Niger Delta as a part of Biafra. Niger Delta is comprised of several ethnic groups. and only a minute few from Delta North and part of Rivers desire to be part of Biafra. so pls don't generalize Niger Deltans as been Biafra. Niger Delta is unique and should be respected. I nevertheless appreciate ur views.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by joseph1832(m): 10:12am On Dec 11, 2015
warrior01:
You go ban tire na. So what happens to freedom of expression and beliefs? So Yorubas are free to aspire and promote their Odua beliefs and Hausas, Arewa but Igbos of course are to be banned to talk or aspire for their beliefs in Biafra. Highly disappointed in you Seun.

What stops you from coming up with a superior argument why they should remain in Nigeria? Why are you so scared to discuss Biafra? Must we all have the same line of thoughts or intellectual discourse? I reject being or tagged a zombie where a fellow man will dictate what I discuss.
A very lucid example of a man who doesn't even know what he's saying. Is expressing the belief of Odua and Arewa the same thing as secession?

Have you ever heard the yorubas or hausas here in this forum or anywhere else for that matter speak of seceding from Nigeria. Even if they have, have they ever gone about it the way you guys do?.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Seun(m): 10:12am On Dec 11, 2015
We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks, everyone.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Giftas: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Omo Seun dey fear arrest oooo. kaiiii .No worry nothing go do you. PMB no go reason ur mata.
but not vex.
u fit list wetin we go dey discuss for here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.