Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,000 members, 7,799,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. (41681 Views)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by HenriFayol(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
shyshally:
Op I know how you feel, your story is just like mine, except it's my dad that bothers us about going to church. He literally took out the fun in serving God . I use to be suicidal too. My past posts on nairaland can prove it. All these has changed for me since I found a new church where there's no condemning, but love, pure undiluted love from christ.a place where my spiritual eyes has been opened to see spiritual realities and all the wonderful plans God has for me. The best thing to do right now is pray. Cus prayer changes everything. But you'll have to be equipped effectively for that. Can you drop your number so that I'll contact you? There's a solution for you my dear. Don't give up.
What church do you worship Pls?
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by badesco(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
please do not rebel against your parents. i will advise that you continue to bear till you finish your university education thereafter you can make your decision. But if it persist, see your church pastor.
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Johnsown1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
Please obey ur parent so that ur days will be long, there is somethin ur parents sees inwhich u can't see,they know the reason inwhich they treat u that way, birds in the sky do nt do biznes or cultivate and still they lack no food bt they have places to perch,so sit tight with ur parents and i also that the lord will soften their hat so that they will see some things with u and always be dia for u
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Sammyblaq(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
I rebelled but I won't advice you to act that way.
Thank God today am a changed man.

OP! do ur tyns right and make right choices.
Suicide is not an option. Freedom will come.

99/2k: Got admitted into one of the Unity schools, dad pulled me off to a Missionary school thinking that to be the best option...na so spoiling start....
Parents begat us but at times they get it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by FBLJ(m): 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
This is the case with many Christians who care more about position in church than the development of their children or overprotective parents. This is common in depper life and many holiness churches. But my brother i am a Christian teenagers teacher and I see this often. I will advise you to talk to a Christian counselor, don't take your case to unbelievers, because the will only advise you wrongly. You must also understand that your parents love you and want you to be good, even if they are doing it harshly. You can talk to me if you choose just indicate interest and we will arrange to talk. One more thing the solution is in renewing your mind and seeing things alot more differently, soon your parents will see your side and make corrections.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by 3Div: 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
shyshally:
Op I know how you feel, your story is just like mine, except it's my dad that bothers us about going to church. He literally took out the fun in serving God . I use to be suicidal too. My past posts on nairaland can prove it. All these has changed for me since I found a new church where there's no condemning, but love, pure undiluted love from christ.a place where my spiritual eyes has been opened to see spiritual realities and all the wonderful plans God has for me. The best thing to do right now is pray. Cus prayer changes everything. But you'll have to be equipped effectively for that. Can you drop your number so that I'll contact you? There's a solution for you my dear. Don't give up.

FWC?
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by omortoyosi01(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
nairalander2015:
Good day nairaland.
As I write this... I am depressed, simply depressed.. If suicide led to heaven mayb i would have been a victim.
Truly itz nt everyone who smiles that is happy.
MY story
I was born into a deeper life family 20yrs ago.. And I can say i regret being born into deeper life.. I would ave preferred been converted there than being born there.
My travails started in secondary school.. Wen i failed to attend a fellowship, my mum talked harshly, slapped me an said i was a dishes disgrace.. Just because i failed to attend a school fellowship.. And I knew that I wasn't a bad kid.. Jes the gentle type.. Since then it has been bad... When others celebrate their mum.. I can't.. I am as far from my parents as anything.. Jes because they are deeperlifers.. I can't seat comfortably with my parents.. Cos of principles. Next was the battle concerning trousers.. She woke me up one black night with a thundering slap over a slim trouser.. Imagine dat was @16.. I cried and cried dat day.. Dat God made a mistake borning me in deeper life... Jes because i walked with a girl.. She banned me from going out..
Even at a young age... Threatened me that she"ll disown me if I marry a lady who wears wigs, trousers.. Omg.. Now.. I am in the university.. I never want to go home. I hate home.. I am depressed.. So so depressed.. My dad didn't send me any cash for a month cos a friend told him I failed to attend a midweek service.. Imagine.. Yet i am not rebellious. I know fellow guys like me who had big problems with their children but they were rebellious.. But i am not
I feel depressed writing this.. Spirituality without love is a disaster.. Aw i wish i wasn't born to a deeper life's family.. Itz a curse.. I am tired.. Itz threat all the time. I am not close to my parents.. Imagine.. Seems i should just die.. I now see my mum as a enemy.. Anytime i see her i am sad.. Talks too much about simple things in a bad manner quoting Bible over needless things.. Watching ball outside is a sin.. Visiting friends is a nono.. Cos they are highly placed in the church.. Yet no one to share my burdens with.. So sad... Yet they think i am happy..i know many out there experience something similar but are helples.. Oh God have mercy on me.. Itz calamitous to be the child of a fanatic especially if you don't wanna be a fanatic also.... Advice pls.. What can I do? So so depressed.. Feel like dieing to be reborn elsewhere
brother I swear YU be mumu... Y YU go dey talk say been born into a deeper life family is a curse.
YU dey kolo oo..
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by afobie: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
No need report them to any higher authority they wont listen.my parent were harsh to me in my teem ages like u,cos i was the only girl in my father children,i reason like u most times.i though of killing myself manytime,cos there was no love on my side.
When i enter the higher institution,the heat became worst,i though of what to do not to go to them for money,cos its money that stil take me to them.i got link to do admission runs(to put people into variou school in the east)i became popular in school cos of it.i no more think og going home,my neigbour became my friends,i found love in them.one day my parent call me,and gave me FREEDOM to all my fear,worry,just to return home.i go to them as visitor cos i have my cash to care for myself,until i left school.and stool on my own.
My advice for you,is to get a liile job were u are schooling to assist you self,until they change their concept over u.
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Fawklicant: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
sisisioge:

You kinda have a point, fawk. I would run as far as my legs will take me until they get their senses back...that would happen when they take stock of their lives and holdings. We all need the family unit...pretty important.

Running sef is not easy. He still needs their sponsorship. Sometimes they just need a little tugging to get in line. If he can talk to them with all humility and sincerity, everything will be ok. But he has to take it to God in prayers too.
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Chimdiebere(m): 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
Sunbellar:
Everyone is supporting you and you think you are right. The fact is that you were born in Deeper life but you are not yet born again. That's why it's almost impossible for you bend down, obey your parents and serve the Lord. Your parents want the best for you but you are a rebellious child that wants to follow the way of the world. Both of your parents can't be wrong and you are here proving yourself right. Many of us wished we were born in Deeper life with good moderation void of youthful waywardness and rascality and the fortunate one is crying foul.
Surrender your life to Jesus and obey your parents in the Lord. At last you will value the good way your parents have trained you. Some of us are still regretting why we never had such protective parents!
maybe that's you who wishes to be born in a Deeper life family, however for me, I don't ever want to enter one not to even see one! wetin? I dey parraaa o angry
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by shyshally(f): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2015
HenriFayol:
What church do you worship Pls?
Believers love world aka christ embassy
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 15, 2015
onojemma:

If you commit suicide,you will go to HELL STRAIGHT.
I wish i had parents like yours.Its when you lose them that you will know wether they love you or not.When outsiders maltreat you,you will know the difference.
Honour and respect them,except u don't want to live long.The bible says honour your father and mother.
why attack me na.... They are just stressing me up.. Yet. M nt a thug
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 15, 2015
xexy:
the parents are no hypocrite they training him the way he should grow don't miss church don't dress worldly and the guy wants to die
false accusations sir
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 15, 2015
Truth001:
My dear brother, let me ask you a few questions before I will know what to say, why did you decided not to do their wish? And also don't u like being a Deeper life member? Pls answer this question, and let me tell you this your parents wants d best for you according to their own knowledge and understanding, but that doesn't mean they should treat you anyhow. You have to be careful in dealing with them, because it will make you loose many things from them. Try and sit them down, let them know you are not a kid anymore, all the best.
i am fine with deeper life
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 15, 2015
Sunbellar:
Everyone is supporting you and you think you are right. The fact is that you were born in Deeper life but you are not yet born again. That's why it's almost impossible for you bend down, obey your parents and serve the Lord. Your parents want the best for you but you are a rebellious child that wants to follow the way of the world. Both of your parents can't be wrong and you are here proving yourself right. Many of us wished we were born in Deeper life with good moderation void of youthful waywardness and rascality and the fortunate one is crying foul.
Surrender your life to Jesus and obey your parents in the Lord. At last you will value the good way your parents have trained you. Some of us are still regretting why we never had such protective parents!
y attack rashly sir? I have no problem with deeper life... Nd please i am not rebellious.. If i was i wouldn't put this up here.. I would have done something rash..
Tanq.

I thank you all for the advise.. I appreciate
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Amicable24: 10:25am On Jan 17, 2017
nairalander2015:
Good day nairaland.
As I write this... I am depressed, simply depressed.. If suicide led to heaven mayb i would have been a victim.
Truly itz nt everyone who smiles that is happy.
MY story
I was born into a deeper life family 20yrs ago.. And I can say i regret being born into deeper life.. I would ave preferred been converted there than being born there.
My travails started in secondary school.. Wen i failed to attend a fellowship, my mum talked harshly, slapped me an said i was a dishes disgrace.. Just because i failed to attend a school fellowship.. And I knew that I wasn't a bad kid.. Jes the gentle type.. Since then it has been bad... When others celebrate their mum.. I can't.. I am as far from my parents as anything.. Jes because they are deeperlifers.. I can't seat comfortably with my parents.. Cos of principles. Next was the battle concerning trousers.. She woke me up one black night with a thundering slap over a slim trouser.. Imagine dat was @16.. I cried and cried dat day.. Dat God made a mistake borning me in deeper life... Jes because i walked with a girl.. She banned me from going out..
Even at a young age... Threatened me that she"ll disown me if I marry a lady who wears wigs, trousers.. Omg.. Now.. I am in the university.. I never want to go home. I hate home.. I am depressed.. So so depressed.. My dad didn't send me any cash for a month cos a friend told him I failed to attend a midweek service.. Imagine.. Yet i am not rebellious. I know fellow guys like me who had big problems with their children but they were rebellious.. But i am not
I feel depressed writing this.. Spirituality without love is a disaster.. Aw i wish i wasn't born to a deeper life's family.. Itz a curse.. I am tired.. Itz threat all the time. I am not close to my parents.. Imagine.. Seems i should just die.. I now see my mum as a enemy.. Anytime i see her i am sad.. Talks too much about simple things in a bad manner quoting Bible over needless things.. Watching ball outside is a sin.. Visiting friends is a nono.. Cos they are highly placed in the church.. Yet no one to share my burdens with.. So sad... Yet they think i am happy..i know many out there experience something similar but are helples.. Oh God have mercy on me.. Itz calamitous to be the child of a fanatic especially if you don't wanna be a fanatic also.... Advice pls.. What can I do? So so depressed.. Feel like dieing to be reborn elsewhere
@ bolded.. Don't you ever say that again.. It's insensitive to say so
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 17, 2017
Amicable24:

@ bolded.. Don't you ever say that again.. It's insensitive to say so
duly noted
Re: Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. by Amicable24: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2017
nairalander2015:
duly noted
Correct bro.. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Seeks Divorce Over Impotence After Five Children / For Men ONLY: Simple Things You Can Do To Last Longer In Bed / Delta Corper Welcomes Conjoined Twins (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.