Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas (2057 Views)

BBNaija: Why I May End My Relationship With Miracle – Nina / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos) / OLOIBIRI - Now Showing At Filmhouse Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas by lynx200(m): 4:58am On Dec 11, 2015
I was with a director friend yesterday after having watched the movie "Taxi driver" (this film makes sense die) and while talking he noted that filmhouse cinemas are financing a large number of new nollywood films (including taxi driver) and as such it makes to patronize them and that got me thinking.

For some time now I have been shouting myself hoarse that distribution is the major impediment in the advance of the Nigerian movie industry and that any new investor should go there.

Well I want to use this space to commend Filmhouse cinemas and their distribution arm filmone for doing a lot for the Nigerian movie eco system. Not only are they the fastest growing cinema chain in the country. (At last count they had 8 cinemas with 25 screens and counting) with the lowest ticket prices (N500-N600) but they are proving to be one of the biggest financiers and distributors of “new nollywood” Nigerian movies.

Film one has helped finance some major movies in the last two, three years some of which include Lunch room heroes, Taxi driver, when love comes around, Out of luck, road to yesterday, Gbomo gbomo express among others. Many of their movies have gone into unexplored grounds in Nigerian story telling and....

Read the rest of the article here http://www.jovibabs.com/i-will-watch-my-movies-only-at-filmhouse-cinemas/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas by Ignatio(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
I remember your posts on film distribution and filmhouse cinema is on that path. I hope more investors come in too.
Re: Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas by prof800(m): 12:25am On Dec 13, 2015
Film One is making giant strides. They deserve support.
Re: Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas by IkBliss(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nice one Film House Cinemas. Just what the industry needs.
Lynx200, its been a while. U may not recall me yet. I sent u an email earlier today. Do check it. I lost ur number when I lost my phone.
Re: Why I Will Patronise Only Filmhouse Cinemas by charmy145: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
Its really great to hear stories like this. Not only has filmhouse outdone their competition silverbird and genesis cinemas, in terms of movie quality(Imax and 3d), they have expanded to regions in Nigeria that are lacking cinemas. They have a new location in benin and you can find more information about it on https://hotels.ng/guides/destinations/filmhouse-cinemas-locations-ticket-prices-nationwide/.

(1) (Reply)

Movies & Series || Tuesday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 208-209 / Where To Download Ant Man 1 / Favourite Nollywood Movies Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.