Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Biblical Signs Of The End Times - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Signs Of The End Times (4905 Views)

Apocalypse Now: 6 Biblical Signs Of The End Times / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / BEWARE OF THE RISING CULT OF END TIMES CHURCHIANITY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
Luke 1:34-35

Mary asked the angel, “But how can this happen? I am a virgin.”

The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2015
[b]Matthew 25

Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids

25 “Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 The five who were foolish didn’t take enough olive oil for their lamps, 4 but the other five were wise enough to take along extra oil. 5 When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight they were roused by the shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Come out and meet him!’

7 “All the bridesmaids got up and prepared their lamps. 8 Then the five foolish ones asked the others, ‘Please give us some of your oil because our lamps are going out.’

9 “But the others replied, ‘We don’t have enough for all of us. Go to a shop and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. 11 Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!’

12 “But he called back, ‘Believe me, I don’t know you!’

13 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.
[/b]
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
Matthew 25:5

When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by sonmvayina(m): 1:08am On Dec 27, 2015
Your making a big mistake by interpreting these passages from the point of view of the reader..that not right..see it from the point of view of the speaker..in those passages you quoted, jesus was not talking to you the reader..he was talking to his disciples...they asked him a question..just relax. Jesus was a failed jewish messiah who became a roman god..no one is coming, but the real Gods of antiquity are coming soon..the Anunaki....
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2015
John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Heaven is Real, Hell is Real

[b]Luke 16:19-31

Parable of The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”[/b]
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2015
Matthew 13:24-30

The Parable of the Weeds

24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Revelation 22:12

"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2015
Matthew 4:17

From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
John 3:17

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2015
Acts 3:19

Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
Mark 13:32 says, "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Interestingly, the disciples asked Jesus the same question just before He returned to heaven. At that time Jesus told them it was not for them to know the times or seasons which are in the Father’s authority.

Therefore, Jesus may come back tomorrow, next month, next year or 100 years from now. So what does this mean for you and me? Always be ready for the second coming of Jesus Christ. Watch and focus on Jesus because the devil is seeking to distract mankind from understanding the signs and closeness of Jesus' coming.

Culled from Bibleinfo.com
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2015
Matthew 4:17

"From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2016
[b]Matthew 6:25-33

Do Not Be Anxious

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
Isaiah 41:10

Don't fear, because I am with you; don't be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will surely help you; I will hold you with my righteous strong hand.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 1:19am On Jan 03, 2016
[b]John 21:15-19

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." 16 Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

18 I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go." 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, "Follow me!"[/b]
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2016
Revelation 21:1-6

New Heaven and New Earth

21Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2016
Revelation 21:7

Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2016

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
smiley
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Revelation 1:7

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 10:14am On Jan 07, 2016
John 14:3

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Matthew 24:31

And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2016
Revelation 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:34am On Jan 10, 2016
John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Joel 2:31-32

The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the Lord has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the Lord calls.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:36am On Jan 11, 2016
Revelation 20:15

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Isaiah 13:9-11

Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it. For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light. I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2016
1 Thessalonians 3:13

So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Matthew 24:1-51

Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. ...
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Daniel 12:1

“At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.
Re: Biblical Signs Of The End Times by secondcoming: 12:38am On Jan 14, 2016
Isaiah 2:17-19

And the haughtiness of man shall be humbled, and the lofty pride of men shall be brought low, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. And the idols shall utterly pass away. And people shall enter the caves of the rocks and the holes of the ground, from before the terror of the Lord, and from the splendor of his majesty, when he rises to terrify the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Man Bless God ? / Religion And Poverty In Africa. Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest / Mfm Prayer Points: 7 Furious Prayers For March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.