Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (38990 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by proudly9ja(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2009
JeSoul:

Thank you brotha, you've attacked the issue from the direction I was looking for. This is dealing the physical and anatomical side of things. Is this widely accepted and acknowledged by both sides? that some men are naturally born with excess female hormones?

ofcourse I agree. How this happens is what I do not know but like I said, Im sure it has to do with something that person's lineage did or did not do since its a gene thing. U know the genes could be recessive or dominant so it doesn't have to be associated with his/her immediate parents. Also, on a personla level, I do not think science has fully understood the nature of genes and how they are transfered and how much is even transfered. I for one think that genes can be changed/ammended if taking through series of 'treatment'. Same way a rock is eventually broken down after several years of being hit by same little drop of water. Get the drift?

JeSoul:

Excellent! so do you agree with the viewpoint that homosexuality is just another side effect of having the sinful nature? and since everyone has the sinful nature random people suffer homosexual tendencies?
   A lotta sense brotha, a whole lotta smiley
Again, Adam brought SIN into the world. SIN of all forms. His first son killed his brother. Thats murder which is a part of that sinful nature. Infact, its not a side effect, its part of the big package called SIN. BUT, the same way that it affected Cain is the same way it has affected you and I. but we are yet to kill someone (I haven't anyways wink).
Like I said, there is a remedy as long as the person is willing to be cured. Like every ailment, it can be cured. I really don't like attaching such things to spiritual all the time. Everything in life is spiritual and sometimes in our bid to be spiritual, we miss the simple solutions.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2009
Scooby Doo:

dont you think that i have some one like that living with me in the same room, suddenly he just started to behave like one of them
but not yet
still working on that but i dont know what to do about it
pls help me
lol are you homophobic  grin  grin

suppress your suspicions until he starts trying to make some moves on you at night.  have a stun gun handy so you can electrocute his gay ass.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chiogo(f): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
No, one can never be born gay. I think the state of moral decadence especially in America is also the cause why people say stuff like, "I found out I was gay when I was 5". First of all, what were you doing at 5 to know whether you're gay or straight?

Again, one can never be born gay; one can BECOME gay due to negative influences, lack of love from people and for yourself or sense of belonging, low self-esteem, etc. Being born gay is a myth.

With all due respect, I acknowledge the fact that the bible preaches against homosexuality but everyone is a sinner. Everyone who has posted on here has told a lie at one point or the other. My point is, when making an argument on the evils of homosexuality, don't always use the "the bible is against it" argument because the bible is against lying, keeping grudges, etc and we still do them.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dexmond: 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
What happens to replenishing the earth, when women marry women and men marry men? The Agents of eugenics and population control are behind all this publicity  homosexuals get and the  Dollars to support their protest. These agents are in govt. and multilateral organizations of the world. Ah, the Devil will go all the length to oppose GOD!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Horus(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2009
I am not a medical doctor but I think I know a bit about hormones and genes. First and foremost, some men are born naturally with excess female hormones and I think its called the progesterone or egesterone. You will find these men in many societies today displaying woman like behaviours and you will mostly see them in the company of girls. In Nigeria, people even go ahead and call them 'obirin' meaning woman. For me, I think for these kind of people, they are 'born' with it and as such, it belies on them to fight it and do the right thing. It is also their parents' responsibilities not to indulge their woman like tendencies from childhood. Trust me, they can be overcome. Some girls are also born with excess male hormones called the testosterone. They do same thing as described for their male counterparts except in reverse.

I think that most of you do not talk about gays man who look very masculin. Some man are born with a very masculin appearence but are gay. The reverse is also possible ; Some men are born with a feminin appearence but are not gay. So you cannot be 100% sure who you dealing with. So dont be judgemental about anybody.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dexmond: 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
My people come to think of it. I know that some govt of the world have given them the right to adopt children! Will the child call both parents  Daddies. IF they are both referred to as Daddies, who will be the Mummy. What If the child ask for Mummy? what will they tell him/her? The same thought applies to a woman marrying another woman.

The world is indeed getting mad cry
Lucifer we are well aware of your plans.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JeSoul(f): 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2009
proudly9ja:

ofcourse I agree. How this happens is what I do not know but like I said, Im sure it has to do with something that person's lineage did or did not do since its a gene thing. U know the genes could be recessive or dominant so it doesn't have to be associated with his/her immediate parents. Also, on a personla level, I do not think science has fully understood the nature of genes and how they are transfered and how much is even transfered. I for one think that genes can be changed/ammended if taking through series of 'treatment'. Same way a rock is eventually broken down after several years of being hit by same little drop of water. Get the drift?

I definitely get your drift. I do however get wary when we begin to attribute a persons tendencies & characteristics to their genetic make-up. Like someone mentioned where then will it end? murderers, alcoholics, child molestors will join the bandwagon and claim they too were born that way  undecided well we'll see with time I guess.

On the spiritual side of things I like your stance here:
Again, Adam brought SIN into the world. SIN of all forms. His first son killed his brother. Thats murder which is a part of that sinful nature. Infact, its not a side effect, its part of the big package called SIN. BUT, the same way that it affected Cain is the same way it has affected you and I. but we are yet to kill someone (I haven't anyways wink).
Like I said, there is a remedy as long as the person is willing to be cured. Like every ailment, it can be cured. I really don't like attaching such things to spiritual all the time. Everything in life is spiritual and sometimes in our bid to be spiritual, we miss the simple solutions.

Agree completely about we inheriting all of the sinful nature. I guess it can be refered to as spiritual genes right? some get expressed and others don't. And what this deciding trigger or factor is we don't know? Is that safe to say?
 and fyi, I also am yet to oust anyone  cheesy although some riffraffs here in religious forum do an excellent job of testing my restraint on a daily basis  grin.

@OLAADEGBU  
Absolutely!  Not only societal influences but child abuses prevalent in the RCC and other diabolical attacks on babies and young children by some disfunctional families especially here in the west.  These unfortunate children grow up disenchanted and disorientated and end up becoming atheists who in turn prey on young unsuspecting children, they become homosexuals, paedophiles or prostitutes.  

These atheists who are fortunate to get a good education then join powerful societies or clubs such as the occult and eventually get into political power to promote policies that makes homosexuality the norm and even have the cheek to equate it with the disabled and the minority in the society.  These humanist secular governments have become so powerful that they not only enforce the promotion of this dastardly act in schools but they also prosecute anyone who shows or preaches against it.  These are surely the last days that was predicted.  I will not be surprised if I get banned for expressing my views here.

I definitely agree that a good chunk of gays fall into that lifestyle as a result of their negative experiences however I hesistate to throw them all under that umbrella for the simple reason that homosexuality has existed since the early biblical times ie Sodom and Gom. How can we conclusively say they were also a product of their environment?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JeSoul(f): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
Horus:

I think that most of you do not talk about gays man who look very masculin. Some man are born with a very masculin appearence but are gay. The reverse is also possible ; Some men are born with a feminin appearence but are not gay. So you cannot be 100% sure who you dealing with. So dont be judgemental about anybody.

Horus, I think from the comments thus far those gays are likely to fall under the category of those who "learn" to be gay as a result of societal influences?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by proudly9ja(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
JeSoul:

I definitely get your drift. I do however get wary when we begin to attribute a persons tendencies & characteristics to their genetic make-up. Like someone mentioned where then will it end? murderers, alcoholics, child molestors will join the bandwagon and claim they too were born that way  undecided well we'll see with time I guess.

Well anyone can claim or attribute it to their genetic make up. Infact some already do thats why some can plead insanity after commiting murder, etc. It is not yet to crime to sleep with another consenting adult but it is a crime to kill one or molest a child, etc so whatever reason it may be, you get punished for it. Note however that I did not totally attribute homosexuality to genes. Some are gays just out of curiosity and due to societal influence. I et a Naija girl once who told me the weirdest thing she has ever done was to kiss a fellow girl. When I asked her why she did, she said she was just curious. Well thank God she's happily married now but hey, na dere e dey start from for some pple.

JeSoul:

On the spiritual side of things I like your stance here:
   Agree completely about we inheriting all of the sinful nature. I guess it can be refered to as spiritual genes right? some get expressed and others don't. And what this deciding trigger or factor is we don't know? Is that safe to say?
I don't know what triggers it too but sometimes, family background, upbringing, etc can trigger it too. Infact, think of it, a baby boy does not have an erection even when he is touched or bathed by females because he doesn't know wat it is! But as he grows up, he learns that he should be aroused by a female (depending on his society) and it begins to affect his thinking. So for me, parents and society play a major role in correcting a dysfunction and builing up a child in the right way.

JeSoul:

and fyi, I also am yet to oust anyone  cheesy although some riffraffs here in religious forum do an excellent job of testing my restraint on a daily basis  grin.

good for ya cheesy no let them o!! lwkm
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
JeSoul:

Horus, I think from the comments thus far those gays are likely to fall under the category of those who "learn" to be gay as a result of societal influences?

Have you taken time to interview these masculine gays or is this classic NL bootleg research?

Societal influences can only make one come out of the closet.  What we have in Nigeria are men and women who have to suppress their faggotry while having closet relationships during marriages.

this is the case of the dan daudu in Northern Nigeria.  The only reason more people are coming out in Nigeria is the increasing westernization of the country where issues like this can be brought up with the devil/evil spirits being flogged out of you (cele style).

Gays have always been among us, they just had a good way of hiding it.

How do you learn to be gay by the way? reading a bodybuilders magazine and watching MTV?

Like someone mentioned where then will it end? murderers, alcoholics, child molestors will join the bandwagon and claim they too were born that way

most child molesters are actually heterosexual and not homosexual.

and yes the make up the brain changes when someone abuses alcohol.  Many studies have show this.

the difference is homosexuality is an harmless activity which bigots like to pick on.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
You can be born male you can be born female you can be born black you can be born white, but nobody is born gay. If you believe someone can be born gay then you should believe that someone can be born to play tennis football be a criminal etc.

I would expect an atheist not to fall for dualism but you manmustwack has disappointed me.

Are you saying one can't be born an hermaphrodite or intersex?

Who the hell compares sexuality to sports.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chiogo(f): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

the difference is homosexuality is an harmless activity which bigots like to pick on.
Not necessarily. Not when these homosexuals harass you sexually. I know people who have been raped by same sex who are gay.

Most of them try to paint the picture that they're not hurting anyone, some of them do hurt people. If a lesbian smacks a straight female on the butt, that's being harmful because the straight female doesn't approve of that as she's straight. If a straight female does that, it'll be obvious that there's no sexual feelings involved 'cause some straight girls do play like that. But when you make it known that you're lesbian and go about smacking other females' butts, you're trying to impose your lifestyle on them. And that's not cool.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ILOCHUDI(m): 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2009
@AEjiro
   My guy i know that is might be hard to believe or accept. Man's believe and reverence on religion is mainly dude to FAITH and not FACTS,  you cannot use the holy books to prove FACTS maybe u can use it to say what you think is wonrg or right depending on what you believe in ( pls do read the poster very well).
 I think the questions is about proving what is a fact and not what you think maybe right or wrong
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Horus(m): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
These unfortunate children grow up disenchanted and disorientated and end up becoming atheists who in turn prey on young unsuspecting children, they become homosexuals, paedophiles or prostitutes.  

Why you seem to believe that an homosexual can only be an atheist?. What about homosexuals pastors?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2009
Not necessarily. Not when these homosexuals harass you sexually. I know people who have been raped by same sex who are gay.

so heterosexuals don't rape people? why are you guys so filled with contempt.

Most of them try to paint the picture that they're not hurting anyone, some of them do hurt people. If a lesbian smacks a straight female on the butt, that's being harmful because the straight female doesn't approve of that as she's straight. If a straight female does that, it'll be obvious that there's no sexual feelings involved 'cause some straight girls do play like that. But when you make it known that you're lesbian and go about smacking other females' butts, you're trying to impose your lifestyle on them. And that's not cool.

wait let me get this right, a straight girl can smack you on the ass but a lesbian can't (because obviously lesbians can't play like straight girls).

are you paranoid enough to believe every lesbian is trying to hit on you?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by manmustwac(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
@post
why don't u conduct a poll so that we can can all click yes or no?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by manmustwac(m): 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

I would expect an atheist not to fall for dualism but you manmustwack has disappointed me.

Are you saying one can't be born an hermaphrodite or intersex?

Who the hell compares sexuality to sports.
NO i guess i didn't explain my point well. The bottom line is nobody is born gay. Whether your gay or not is to do with the mind.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2009
manmustwac:

NO i guess i didn't explain my point well. The bottom line is nobody is born gay. Whether your gay or not is to do with the mind.

and how do you know nobody is born gay?

Did you choose to like female pussay(damn u seun)?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chiogo(f): 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

so heterosexuals don't rape people? why are you guys so filled with contempt.
Sure they do. Never said I support heterosexuals who do that. I used the rape thing to emphasize on the fact that not all homosexuals are 'harmless' like you claim and most gay people want everyone to believe. Hence, the whole "we're not hurting anybody" talk.

bawomolo:

wait let me get this right, a straight girl can smack you on the ass but a lesbian can't (because obviously lesbians can't play like straight girls).

are you paranoid enough to believe every lesbian is trying to hit on you?
I was talking in a general aspect. straight or not, nobody smacks my butt. Of course I'm sure not all lesbians are trying to hit on someone when they smack another female on the butt, but they give one that impression being that they're gay. Sorry, that's just the way it is. People see it just like a straight guy doing that to a straight girl. Just don't smack people's butts. simple.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ILOCHUDI(m): 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2009
@AEjiro
My guy i know that is might be hard to believe or accept. Man's believe and reverence on religion is mainly due to FAITH and not FACTS, you cannot use the holy books to prove FACTS maybe u can use it to say what you think is wrong or right depending on what you believe in ( pls do read the poster very well).
I think the question is about proving what is a fact and not what you think maybe right or wrong
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2009
ure they do. Never said I support heterosexuals who do that. I used the rape thing to emphasize on the fact that not all homosexuals are 'harmless' like you claim and most gay people want everyone to believe. Hence, the whole "we're not hurting anybody" talk.

consensual homo sex doesn't hurt anyone.  hope that makes more sense

Sorry, that's just the way it is. People see it just like a straight guy doing that to a straight girl. Just don't smack people's butts. simple.

sharrap, i reserve the right to smack your ass, no questions asked  cool
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by manmustwac(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

and how do you know nobody is born gay?
Did you choose to like female pussay(damn u seun)?
Yes coz i have a d.ick. The d.ick was designed to enter the puss.y. Just like the key is designed to enter the ignition. And can u tell just by looking at a new born baby who dosen't know weda its black or white male or female that the child is gay?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Ekiti86: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
LOL as the thread maker quickly stated this is for christians  grin. Nigga plz! If u a conservative, liberal or atheist there is no such thing as being gay. It all boils down to the upbringing, people you associate with, peer pressure, the enviroment etc *Shit! the list goes on and on* It's like someone is saying that someone was born an abortionist, or a war mongering maniac. Hitler went on a crazy war campaign because of the state of his Germany and the fact he didn't foreigners (Jews) being successdul in a German country which wasn't theirs. Shit! It was even said a Jews was among one of the police officers that arrested him and locked him up in jail. Thus infuriating him more. It all boiled down to peer pressure of hate and the state of the eviroment he grew up

This factors also applies to people who say they were born gay. They have to have nad some sort of affection or crush towards the opposite sex when they were growing up. Maybe doen the line when they were experimenting and exploring thier sexual life they liked the same sex relationship. If someone was brought up in a liberal azz family i bet your ass 90% of the time that person will turn out gay, bisexual of someone who sees nothing wrong with being gay.

I seriously dispute that fact that someone can be born gay, murderer, genious etc. It all boils down to natures upbringing. It is what it is, shit! some people don't even believe what is in the bible is 100% true.  At the end of day peoples opinions will differ but i believe majority of people (Yes the conservative christians, bigots) will say there is no such thing as a person born gay  smiley
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2009
this the only born gay i don seen  grin
imagine turning down that succulent jug
[img]http://1.bp..com/_R7DBahq56UA/Re9GhLq3vyI/AAAAAAAAAAY/ne-kZiUB-ao/s400/Gay.jpg[/img]

bawo is that chu?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
lol
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2009
manmustwac:

Yes coz i have a privates. The privates was designed to enter the womanliness. Just like the key is designed to enter the ignition. And can u tell just by looking at a new born baby who dosen't know weda its black or white male or female that the child is gay?

interesting so you woke up some day and decided between toto and oko?

Sexuality is determined by the individual and not outsiders. Just like you have always been attracted to women, some men have always been attracted to men.

You can suppress it as hard as you want to but you would just end with a Ted Huggard like fiasco.

bawo is that chu?

wrong am a boobs man. ask toyin, i've been stalking her mammary glands for a while.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
People don't turn from A to B all of a sudden. There must have been a trait in them right from birth.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
/\
i
i
Wel said.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
people turn from a to b all the time. lawyers turn into thieves, doctors and nurses turn into murderers, loving parents turn into wildebeests. it's all a matter of circumstance or choice. there's usually no genetic parameter to determine such.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

people turn from a to b all the time. lawyers turn into thieves, doctors and nurses turn into murderers, loving parents turn into wildebeests. it's all a matter of circumstance or choice. there's usually no genetic parameter to determine such.

cheesy That's what you know, now.

People used to think the earth was flat.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

people turn from a to b all the time. lawyers turn into thieves, doctors and nurses turn into murderers, loving parents turn into wildebeests.  it's all a matter of circumstance or choice. there's usually no genetic parameter to determine such.

who says a thief can't be a lawyer?

What circumstances would force me to become gay?  Watching too much teletubbies as a little boy?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
bawomolo:

who says a thief can't be a lawyer?

What circumstances would force me to become gay?  Watching too much teletubbies as a little boy?

You dey mind am? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed / Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got / Pastor Victor Ajisafe Arrested In Sierra Leone Over Hate Speech Against Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.