Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths (13080 Views)

UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs / Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / The Agony Of Unemployed Medical Graduates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by micronut(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
And You think Nigeria is not Finished? When we are not only sitting on a keg of Gun powder but also using a stainless steel-plate to administer the powder to every single poor man on the street.
-

How i wish we are the future leader, as we were made to believe, many years ago. But sadly, today's Leader are smartly making swift replacement with their clan each time they leave or die..
-
The next minister of finance is currently at Harvard business school as we speak, the next minister of health might probably be in John Hopkins College, Other parts of the future Executive and Legislative representative are scattered in the best Schools in the word, from MIT to Princeton to Imperial College, down to London School of Economics and Oriental studies....
-
The future leaders are everywhere now, from Accenture, to Goldman's sach to NNPC. It's sad that only the opportune thrive now and only the privileged few excel and make exploit while bulk of other great minds are wasting of. Many have become devastated, dejected and lost hope.
-
70% of those who can become the real future leaders are loosing their sanity by the day. Like seriously, more than ever, poverty stares at us now, more than before.
-
Last week i spoke with an Energy Expert on his research on power generation and distribution in Nigeria, was made to understand even privatization of distributing channels like IBEDC OR KEDC would never solve our problem cos as we speak, kanji dam is badly tensed, as it supports other few ones like Egbin.
-
In addition to that, only last week the University of Ibadan Teaching hospital recruited for Otunba subomi balogun Care centre, a private arm of UCH, Just 100 personnel (with outrageous salaries for 55k for midwives nurses with 9yrs experience, Medical officer with 3yrs experience for 50k salary) were needed, about 20000 applied. UCH had to stopped the application because the Teaching hospital has between just 3days, became so overcrowded, as applicants flooded the Institution, to the extent that even a plantain seller in UCH was forced to ask "Ejo kini won un se nibiyi tero fi po to bayi?".
-
That's the stage we have seemingly found ourselves, and more worrisome is the fact that it's getting more worse by the day.
-
No Fuel, Insecurity and Unrest in every neighbourhood, No job, The 18K Minimum wage of a 52yrs old govt worker at level 2 is still being bargain to be reduced. No light, corruption and ineptitude has rented our air for years...
-
There is developmental gridlock, Education has lost it's value, youths are now becoming more useless and restless by the day, the only courage we once had is the"Change Mantra" but as it stands, this is 2015, and it seems we are still where we were in 2009.

Tell me why i have to get hope again?

Tell me why my song would not change?
-
Tell me how the EFCC daily news has helped the common man on the street, the driver, the Jobless graduate with HND and Bsc, the seamstress, the artisan, the poor market woman and the local village dweller?
-
How i wish i can curtail my emotion, but the bitter truth here is that there is a serious problem in the land, the street hope stinks and oozes of a slummy future.
-
#PrayForNigeria#

CC:lalasticlala, seun, davide470 and uboma.

71 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by DuchessLily(f): 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
God heal Nigeria .... Nigeria has never been this sick

9 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by abimbawealth(f): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
It is well

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by ambassadorgozie(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
Nigeria is in a big mess.
One dollar to #260

11 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by VampireeM(f): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Blame President Buhari grin

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by olufeyi: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
Please do you know anyone who is outspoken, bold, presentable, hard working and has good command of english, for immediate employment.: JOB
DESCRIPTION (marketing), LOCATION (surulere) , SEX (female) QUALIFICATION (S.S.C.E ), PAY (25K) pls tell the applicant to call 08171998202.
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by ksstroud: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
Micronut.... May you turn to MACROnut ....
But I don't know any other song we can sing again in this land than that of HOPE...

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by ednut1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
Touching

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by micronut(m): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
ksstroud:
Micronut.... May you turn to MACROnut ....
But I don't know any other song we can sing again in this land than that of HOPE...

Ameen! And you too my brother... The country's status is undescribable or Indescribable as the case may be. Utterly beyond normal explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by GentleYoung(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
Like u read my mind
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by thefakestan: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
Can't talk now

There is someone looking for Female SSCE holder for Marketing Job above!

LOL!

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by priscaoge(f): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
There is developmental gridlock, Education has lost it's value, youths are now becoming more useless and restless by the day, the only courage we once had is the"Change Mantra" but as it stands, this is 2015, and it seems we are still where we were in 2009.
But they wanted change? Biko its too late to cry now. Buhari is on top of the matter

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by yaskarahyelhope(f): 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
Chaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! N5000 O. Sai changy. Sai Buhari. Wake up youth and do sth. Nkitikpa

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by englishmart(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
it's high time those 18th century men stppped repping us

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by xender(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
tu tu twe bu ya tu tu twe
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by michaelo2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
God help us
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by GentleYoung(m): 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
What I've been thinking about all day
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Cutesexy1(f): 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
And dis finished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
It is terrible and horrifying.
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Everyone is tired of complaining,,,,d sooner we leave d country in search for greener pastures,,,d better for everyone,,,im waitn to complete my nysc and ill zoom off even if it's ghana,,,no wahala cool

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Pesuzok(m): 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
What can we do, do we fold our hands and wait for Nigeria? I believe it is time for like minds to come together and reason a way out of this. We need to put on our thinking caps, it might be difficult for one person, but being in a group can forge a way.

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Izontubo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
True fedralism is a good start to curtail unemployment...the governors of each state must be involved completely in solving the problem of unemployment, and no way can that be accomplished if regionalism is avoided..our governors should not expect monies from the fg like kids so that they work hard to develop their states thereby empowering indigenes of each state..

We should tell ourselves the truth and get it right...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by bqlekan(m): 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
great write up

I don't understand how 5000/Month for all unemployed is a temporary solution, talk more of a permanent one...

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Sweetguy25: 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Nigeria is a lost cause. I don't see any hope for this country. It's a painful truth.

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Pavore9: 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
So sad. The feeding bottle Federalism we practice will never lead us to the path of growth.

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Fkforyou(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
.Reminds of a comedy I watched today, situation is so critical that goats are not left out, You'll hear them scream "Heeellllppp, Heeelllppp".

1 Like

Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Pesuzok(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
Izontubo:
True fedralism is a good start to curtail unemployment...the governors of each state must be involved completely in solving the problem of unemployment, and no way can that be accomplished if regionalism is avoided..our governors should not expect monies from the fg like kids so that they work hard to develop their states thereby empowering indigenes of each state..

We should tell ourselves the truth and get it right...

I dont think it will help if people wait for the Nigeria system, its better to look for how to make it even with the present situation
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
I read it all.
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Pesuzok(m): 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
ikihealthplus:
Everyone is tired of complaining,,,,d sooner we leave d country in search for greener pastures,,,d better for everyone,,,im waitn to complete my nysc and ill zoom off even if it's ghana,,,no wahala cool

What do you intend to do in Ghana?
Re: Unemployment And Leadership's Selfishness:Agony Of The Depressed Nigerian Youths by Izontubo(m): 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
Pesuzok:

I dont think it will help if people wait for the Nigeria system, its better to look for how to make it even with the present situation
and please tell me how..how do you create employment when the nigerian system cant allow states control their resources...how?...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do I Keep Failing Job Tests? / Massive Recruitment At Federal University Of Technology, Owerri [55 Positions] / The Truth About Federal Inland Revenue Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.