Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:16 PM

The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 (2058 Views)

World’s Most Valuable Company Is No Longer Apple / Apple Surpasses Google To Reclaim Title Of World's Most Valuable Brand / Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
Am using HTC ONE M8 which I believe is the best and most valuable phone since the last 2 years ( I stand to be corrected).
HTC ONE M8 was HTC's flagship last year 2014. I was using the predecessor HTC ONE M7 which won the best smartphone award in Barcelona 2014.
HTC took their time to craft out the best (M8) from the previously best smartphone (M7). Enough of the story, why is M8 the best ?

For a better argument, keep in mind M8 competitors ( iPhone and Samsung).

M8 significant specs: 2.3GHZ Quad core processor, 2GB RAM, Depth details 4 ULTRAPIXEL duo Camera+ dual led.

I bought my phone with Android 4.4.4 KitKat, I officially upgraded it to lollipop+sense 6+. As HTC was wasting time to release update for sense 7, I unlocked my bootloader, root my phone and push a Custom rom (Sky dragon and insert coin) on my phone to leak lollipop better.
Immediately that was done, my phone was running the same software with the current flagship M9 without HTC approval ( No be me get my phone ?).

I heard Android 6.0 marshmallow was released by Google, I was dem happy because I know I will be among the first set of Android user to rock the OS.

To my other Android phone users, calm down as am already eating Marshmallow Android 6.0 on my phone.

To old Samsung phone users less than s6 rocking and doing shakara with plastic phones, my phone was designed completely with aluminium, very rugged, falling is it's hobby, the screen is not like the biscuit screen on Samsung phones.

To my iPhone users, the first thing an iPhone owner will say is, my phone is expensive than your phone, I don't know why people doesn't value their money, they just buy phone just because a celebrity is using it. Anyway, my phone was $50 expensive than your phone and am getting the best out of what my money bought.

Why will I buy a phone and the manufacturer will tell me what to do and not to do with my own phone (See me see problem o!). Even the smart guys that use the best of the phone by jailbreaking it still face plenty problems.

I don't need to be bais about this, I phone design is very nice but their spec is just too low for the price of the phone. Untop of their low spec, they will still set plenty rules. Don't be surprise that 90% of the iPhone users use it for chatting,browsing, calling and snapping pictures.

To my infinix, tecno, itel and other WhatsApp phones (forgive me) users, I like you guys so much because you didn't waste your money to buy big phones that will still do exactly the same thing your phone is doing. But if you need the best user experience with a smartphone, go for HTC or LG don't ever buy a Samsung phone, I learnt my lesson in 2013 with Samsung galaxy note 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by tolugar: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Can't belive I read all this "crab"

I like the way you write though.

I belive everyone should get the right gadget that suites what you do.

For me, I make calls, run viz d social network, office and other cute stuff I get on my iPhone.

Don't even know the latest OS. Anything I need my phone gives. It's my PA
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by olakunle15(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
You have no idea of what you can do with a jailbroken iPhone.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
olakunle15:
You have no idea of what you can do with a jailbroken iPhone.
Of course I do, in fact I help friends with it.
There are still huge limitations to what a jailbroken iPhone can do to a rooted and unlocked bootloader HTC phone can do.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
tolugar:

For me, I make calls, run viz d social network, office and other cute stuff I get on my iPhone.

Tecno can serve you better with a lower price.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by olakunle15(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
mohemos:

Of course I do, in fact I help friends with it.
There are still huge limitations to what a jailbroken iPhone can do to a rooted and unlocked bootloader HTC phone can do.
limitations like
I get paid apps free
get tweaks free
transfer songs to music n video library without syncing n other stuffs.
i see no limitations.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
olakunle15:

limitations like
I get paid apps free
get tweaks free
transfer songs to music n video library without syncing n other stuffs.
i see no limitations.

You see no linitation because you are still doing normal thing with your phone. Most of the functionalities you jailbrake ios for, android can do them withough rooting or installing custom rom.
Have you ever thought of installing custom rom on your iphone ? Don't mind me I know they don't exit, but why ?
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by olakunle15(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
mohemos:

You see no linitation because you are still doing normal thing with your phone. Most of the functionalities you jailbrake ios for, android can do them withough rooting or installing custom rom.
Have you ever thought of installing custom rom on your iphone ? Don't mind me I know they don't exit, but why ?
you have no idea what I do with it

I don't know how custom ROMs work. I'm just iOS
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Youngzedd(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
mohemos:

Tecno can serve you better with a lower price.

You're recommending Tecno to someone that uses iPhone.

Nawaaa for you Ooooo. grin

Shame won't allow me dash someone a Tecno phone.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Youngzedd(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
Until you handle Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
Samsung phones socks for real
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngzedd:

Did you see his reasons for using iPhone ?
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
olakunle15:

you have no idea what I do with it

I don't know how custom ROMs work. I'm just iOS
Jailbroken ios = unrooted Android.
Rooted Android is far greater than jail broken iOS.

What do you do with your jailbroken iPhone that ordinary Android cannot do ?
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by HyDef(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
"transfer songs to music n video library without syncing n other stuffs."

This is why I'll never own an iPhone as a daily driver(only for debugging purposes and development purposes).

I can't send music and stuff normally without jailbreaking? Choi.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Youngpo413: 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
HTC is dead,na samsung dey reign now,try and lay your hands on the A8 and thank me later.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
tolugar:

The camera is still wack, worst camera on a flagship phone. I have the m7 and refused to upgrade to the m8 because they only made the size bigger, no real improvement in my opinion. The m9 too, I don't really like. Now I have a galaxy s6 and kept my m7 as my second phone. Galaxy s6, best phone I've ever used. O still drool over the s6 edge, maybe when the s7 comes out I'll probably get the edge.

I have insertcoin lollipop running on my m7 with sense 7 and it runs like butter. I have lollipop 5.1.1 on my s6 and I've refused to root it because I really see noreason to (at least for now. )

1 Like

Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngpo413:
HTC is dead,na samsung dey reign now,try and lay your hands on the A8 and thank me later.

What ?
Are you serious ?
You must be joking, am very sure.
Imagine Samsung A8, that slim patch up phone to make money, is what you are referring to as good phone.
When talking about strong phones, never mention Samsung.

Read the comment below from a user of the phone

Unfortunately, after using the phone for even just a few minutes, its limitations become quite obvious.
Between the Snapdragon 615, the 2GB of RAM, and TouchWiz, the phone is constantly lagging and stuttering.
At times it takes seemingly ages for Swiftkey to load up or to open an application and, coming from the Galaxy S6, this is egregiously problematic.
Even something as simplistic as opening the Settings menu has lag with the background loading up a pure white screen, followed by the actual listing.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Youngpo413: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
mohemos:

What ?
Are you serious ?
Imagine Samsung A8, that slim patch up phone to make money, is what you are referring to as good phone.

Read the comment below from a user of the phone

Unfortunately, after using the phone for even just a few minutes, its limitations become quite obvious.
Between the Snapdragon 615, the 2GB of RAM, and TouchWiz, the phone is constantly lagging and stuttering.
At times it takes seemingly ages for Swiftkey to load up or to open an application and, coming from the Galaxy S6, this is egregiously problematic.
Even something as simplistic as opening the Settings menu has lag with the background loading up a pure white screen, followed by the actual listing.
that comment is from all those apple trolls.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
mohemos:

What ?
Are you serious ?

[/b]

This comment made me laugh. Can u explain what u mean by strong phone? If u are looking for a phone to use as a hammer u can as well get a Nokia 3310. Samsung and HTC build durable phones, but Samsung are still ahead. The only year HTC dominated Samsung was in 2013 when they released HTC one m7 and Samsung released the galaxy s4. In 2014, galaxy s5 was a better phone than HTC one m8. HTC just can't seem to get their camera right. I love sense no doubt but the overall phone sucks, and Samsung are still ahead in terms of innovation. Building a good phone is not all about metal and aluminum body, there are those little extra things that count and which HTC don't get right.

In 2015 Samsung beat HTC again. HTC one m9 is no different from m8 while Samsung released a masterpiece in galaxy s6. From display to camera to features to design to ease of use, galaxy s6 beat HTC one m9.

Android authority are currently making videos of the best android phones of 2015. If unsubscribe to their YouTube channel u can watch all the videos. The base their companions on display, camera, battery life and performance. They picked the best 5 android phones and guess the phones that they listed.

Samsung Galaxy note 5
Blackberry priv
Sony xperia z5 compact
Motorola droid turbo 2
Nexus 6p

No HTC phone was listed.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by PhonePlanet(m): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
greenhulk:

This comment made me laugh. Can u explain what u mean by strong phone? If u are looking for a phone to use as a hammer u can as well get a Nokia 3310. Samsung and HTC build durable phones, but Samsung are still ahead. The only year HTC dominated Samsung was in 2013 when they released HTC one m7 and Samsung released the galaxy s4. In 2014, galaxy s5 was a better phone than HTC one m8. HTC just can't seem to get their camera right. I love sense no doubt but the overall phone sucks, and Samsung are still ahead in terms of innovation. Building a good phone is not all about metal and aluminum body, there are those little extra things that count and which HTC don't get right.

In 2015 Samsung beat HTC again. HTC one m9 is no different from m8 while Samsung released a masterpiece in galaxy s6. From display to camera to features to design to ease of use, galaxy s6 beat HTC one m9.

Android authority are currently making videos of the best android phones of 2015. If unsubscribe to their YouTube channel u can watch all the videos. The base their companions on display, camera, battery life and performance. They picked the best 5 android phones and guess the phones that they listed.

Samsung Galaxy note 5
Blackberry priv
Sony xperia z5 compact
Motorola droid turbo 2
Nexus 6p

No HTC phone was listed.

HTC is gradually falling...
Samsung is no1 but the s5 was not exactly great. I care about phone looks and there the s5 was an epic fail..tho it works well internally.

That guy should probably check out s6 active, if his is looking for tough phones.

Personally I seriously love galaxy A8
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 12:37am On Dec 14, 2015
greenhulk:

Samsung Galaxy note 5
Blackberry priv
Sony xperia z5 compact
Motorola droid turbo 2
Nexus 6p

No HTC phone was listed.

I cannot beat my chest for m9 because am not going for it myself HTC didn't get it right this time with their software and technologies. but how did S5 beat M8 ?
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 14, 2015
mohemos:

I cannot beat my chest for m9 because am not going for it myself HTC didn't get it right this time with their software and technologies. but how did S5 beat M8 ?

In design the m8 looks better. But again a good phone is not all about design or metal body. Galaxy s5 is easier to hold, has a better display, performs better and has a far better camera than the m8. Plus hey, it's waterproof and came with USB 3.0 for faster charging.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2015
mohemos:

Stop beating your chest about HTC m8 being the best phone. That's just your opinion and am guessing you're yet to get your hands on any of this year's flagship.

I will agree with you that HTC has a pretty good design and the ability to release Google updates quicker than other brands but they have disappointed in the camera department.
The common "purple tint" in the m7 and even m8 showed how careless HTC were with design of the internal hardware.
Like other previous comments pointed out, Samsung Galaxy s5 is a better option to the HTC m8 performance wise
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by PhonePlanet(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2015
greenhulk:

In design the m8 looks better. But again a good phone is not all about design or metal body. Galaxy s5 is easier to hold, has a better display, performs better and has a far better camera than the m8. Plus hey, it's waterproof and came with USB 3.0 for faster charging.
Can I disagree with you?
S5 had the "numbers" as samsung usually do before but M8 was a better all round phone than galaxy s5.

Personally I would buy a m8 over s5.

I believe its because of this same s5 samsung lost sales and had to come back with a whole new approach on the s6 with project zero, which even lead them to removing some things from the s5 e.g USB 3.0, waterproof, and a whole new design that cared less about grip but more about looks. All together in building a more completely phone like s6 esp s6 EDGE

www.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/project-zero-helps-samsung-get-the-galaxy-s6-right-but-sadly-it-is-a-year-too-late-257173.html

www.phonearena.com/news/Half-a-year-later-do-you-think-Samsungs-Project-Zero-was-a-good-idea-after-all_id75805
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mosjames: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2015
Youngzedd:

It doesn't mean na
What if he uses the iPhone just to show off
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 14, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Can I disagree with you?
S5 had the "numbers" as samsung usually do before but M8 was a better all round phone than galaxy s5.

Personally I would buy a m8 over s5.

I believe its because of this same s5 samsung lost sales and had to come back with a whole new approach on the s6 with project zero, which even lead them to removing some things from the s5 e.g USB 3.0, waterproof, and a whole new design that cared less about grip but more about looks. All together in building a more completely phone like s6 esp s6 EDGE

www.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/project-zero-helps-samsung-get-the-galaxy-s6-right-but-sadly-it-is-a-year-too-late-257173.html

www.phonearena.com/news/Half-a-year-later-do-you-think-Samsungs-Project-Zero-was-a-good-idea-after-all_id75805

Well well, I think it's down to personal preference. I have HTC one m7 and I still prefers it to m8,not in terms of function but in terms of size. Those aluminium phones are very slippery and the m8 is just too big, not comfortable to hold in my opinion. It's got better build than the galaxy s5,but let's be sincere, majority of users are going to use a rubber case anyway for better grip and protection, the s5 doesn't need a case.

S5 got more festures, (some useful and some useless,) but nice to have. Again personal preference

1 Like

Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
idokojerry:

Stop beating your chest about HTC m8 being the best phone. That's just your opinion and am guessing you're yet to get your hands on any of this year's flagship.

I will agree with you that HTC has a pretty good design and the ability to release Google updates quicker than other brands but they have disappointed in the camera department.
The common "purple tint" in the m7 and even m8 showed how careless HTC were with design of the internal hardware.
Like other previous comments pointed out, Samsung Galaxy s5 is a better option to the HTC m8 performance wise

Stop abusing the usage of performance, how would you say S5 has better performance than M8. Purple tint is a great drawback to some M7, All those problems had been solved with the introduction of M8.
Tell me one thing that makes S5 better than M8 in term of performance.
Re: The Best And Most Valuable Phone 2014/2015 by mohemos: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
greenhulk:

What's your definition of better performance ? Because am yet to see any area s5 outperform M8 rather the opposite is the case.

Water resistant, where is that in the upgrade S6 ?
Or you thing Samsung are not wise to know that it was an error to add that to S5 ?

(1) (Reply)

Exactspy Mobile Spy App Free / How To Find Out Everything Google Knows About You In Activity Dashboard / What Version Of Infinix Note 4 Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.