Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? (15528 Views)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / 10 Things You Must Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start Your Company / Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by wkkwl: 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
My reasons i need to pay my bills....
Tired of my job jare..

Your reasons

7 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sorry, no reasons at all and no regrets too, just up and went, quit the job of 9months, it wasn't making any sense to me no more, had become practically disgruntled, sick, tired, fed up of the life threatening situation. I was losing it, didn't have no peace, was sick everyday but alas each morning I rise up really early and rush out, like the drone I had been propelled to become, I work all through and am expected to keep on a plastic smile in a bid to remain customer centric, return home and I can barely keep still to feed myself, bathe n get enough rest before the break of dawn the next day and the cycle begins all over. No time to even eat until ulcer became a familiar caller. Of course no one knew what I was going through but me. Asked a couple of colleagues, friends and anyone that meant something to get an opinion and everyone; Aaah u want to quit ur job, the country is hard o, see this small girl, what of us that have been here for 8-9yrs, no raise no promotion? My dear please try to manage Oooh, that's how the country is and u have no choice, besides there are many people looking for this opportunity and u want to pass it up. Noooo please don't, continue managing and keep on applying(where was the time to even look out for another vacancy) I tire.

Hmmmmm what was a girl to do? I braced up took d laws into my own hands. Waited for pay day for the month, wrote the darned resignation and signed off. Everyone was aghast, all sorts were said and done but hey; the earlier the better plus life is just too short, no? Between my umblical chord wasn't tied to that organisation or any other for starters.

Funny but the world didn't seize to be and life went on, I was glad I took my freedom back. Today I am happy I did what I did and with other opportunities abound, I remember to thank the Creator who has been merciful.

P:S -. I will never settle for less again, will continue trying and pushing and praying till I get what I deserve from the universe grin grin

OP thank u for this thread, the company I left is still recruiting and there's even a fresh thread on them with everyone scampering to get in, but little do they know and each time I go thru the thread and read their genuine interest at the offer I feel bad all over again as they know not what they are vying for.

The exploitation of graduates have got to end!!!

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sorry about that.
But if i may ask...what is the name of the company as i am interested.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by kaysunnex: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
The poster above me has wrote all my predicament. It's as if she was describing my life. I got this job immediately after NYSC n jst because i didnt want 2 go bck home after NYSC i hv bn managing it as d stress cant be explained n d pay is no different frm factory worker take home. Its more dan 7months nw n hv failed numerous job tests n interviews jst cos i had no time 2 prepare. I am depressed almost evryday as my boss is nt helping situatn. He knws my qualificatns yet he fictimizes me everyday. I hav decided 2 leave d job latest by march next yr either i get a new one or nt. But i am also scared hw i wil survive as going bck hme is nt an option for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
makky04:
Sorry about that.
But if i may ask...what is the name of the company as i am interested.

For me to know and for you to find out!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
Came here to read, learn nd get experience..
So help me God!

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by wkkwl: 1:31am On Dec 13, 2015
keep the comments coming.
Spill the beans
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by osemeka: 7:24am On Dec 13, 2015
dazzle101:
Sorry, no regrets!!!

Shredding. Interfering bosses. An office being managed like a secondary skl. Etc. Not everyone is cut out for that.

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 10:15am On Dec 13, 2015
Very frustrated,a 2.1 graduate earning 20k...and even th salary is not forthcoming....by january ..am leaving...God will take care of his people....I know and believe my future is bright...all these manage this or that sometimes limits someone's ability...no one knows tomorrow....slave jobs everywhere

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Very frustrated,a 2.1 graduate earning 20k...and even th salary is not forthcoming....by january ..am leaving...God will take care of his people....I know and believe my future is bright...all these manage this or that sometimes limits someone's ability...no one knows tomorrow....slave jobs everywhere
Sorry to derail, but you are very very dark. The darkest I've seen in my life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
Sorry to derail, but you are very very dark. The darkest I've seen in my life
hmmmm......am honoured...any oda thing u noticed miss?

30 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
hmmmm......am honoured...any oda thing u noticed miss?
Yea... ... You are still cute tho very dark. Are you a teacher?

3 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 10:50am On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
yes
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
yes and thanks for the compliment..

2 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
yes
I thought as much. It's only teaching jobs that will pay a 2.1 graduate 20k. Have you tried other companies like Kpmg, Pwc, Awd, Ey, Diamond bank, Gtbank, Nestle, P&G, e.t.c. They pay well for entry level.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 11:19am On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
I thought as much. It's only teaching jobs that will pay a 2.1 graduate 20k. Have you tried other companies like Kpmg, Pwc, Awd, Ey, Diamond bank, Gtbank, Nestle, P&G, e.t.c. They pay well for entry level.
omo...I hav tried those peopl o...although not all ar recruiting naw..I vn did standard chartered test last week...I am always on the lookout..anoda annoying thing Is the age stuff..I almost got access job .but thy wanted 25 downwards...and am 3 yrs older than dat..its annoying..I am optimistic
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

Nawao, u dey try

20k is damn small for a 2:1 graduate
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2015
ambassadorgozie:

Nawao, u dey try

20k is damn small for a 2:1 graduate
my bro..na so I see am o...after collecting my salary....na to waka
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
omo...I hav tried those peopl o...although not all ar recruiting naw..I vn did standard chartered test last week...I am always on the lookout..anoda annoying thing Is the age stuff..I almost got access job .but thy wanted 25 downwards...and am 3 yrs older than dat..its annoying..I am optimistic
Chai. .. .. that age stuff can be very annoying tho and most entry level positions in big firms have an age benchnark. The lord is your strength.

You can read Jarus blog: Jarushub. That blog will fortify you with knowledge on how to beat underemployment

4 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
Chai. .. .. that age stuff can be very annoying tho and most entry level positions in big firms have an age benchnark. The lord is your strength.

You can read Jarus blog: Jarushub. That blog will fortify you with knowledge on how to beat underemployment
thanks dear I will.....what about you?...you lik wher you are?

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
thanks dear I will.....what about you?...you lik wher you are?
Lolzzzz...... I'm at home
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 11:56am On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
Lolzzzz...... I'm at home
lmao.....don't worry will join you by january...
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
lmao.....don't worry will join you by january...
hahahahaha.. .. .... 2016 is going to be a good year. We've derailed the thread

3 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
osemeka:

Shredding. Interfering bosses. An office being managed like a secondary skl. Etc. Not everyone is cut out for that.

Spot on bro grin
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
hahahahaha.. .. .... 2016 is going to be a good year. We've derailed the thread
Amen!!!
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by nenergy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazzle101:
Sorry, no reasons at all and no regrets too, just up and went, quit the job of 9months, it wasn't making any sense to me no more, had become practically disgruntled, sick, tired, fed up of the life threatening situation. I was losing it, didn't have no peace, was sick everyday but alas each morning I rise up really early and rush out, like the drone I had been propelled to become, I work all through and am expected to keep on a plastic smile in a bid to remain customer centric, return home and I can barely keep still to feed myself, bathe n get enough rest before the break of dawn the next day and the cycle begins all over. No time to even eat until ulcer became a familiar caller. Of course no one knew what I was going through but me. Asked a couple of colleagues, friends and anyone that meant something to get an opinion and everyone; Aaah u want to quit ur job, the country is hard o, see this small girl, what of us that have been here for 8-9yrs, no raise no promotion? My dear please try to manage Oooh, that's how the country is and u have no choice, besides there are many people looking for this opportunity and u want to pass it up. Noooo please don't, continue managing and keep on applying(where was the time to even look out for another vacancy) I tire.

Hmmmmm what was a girl to do? I braced up took d laws into my own hands. Waited for pay day for the month, wrote the darned resignation and signed off. Everyone was aghast, all sorts were said and done but hey; the earlier the better plus life is just too short, no? Between my umblical chord wasn't tied to that organisation or any other for starters.

Funny but the world didn't seize to be and life went on, I was glad I took my freedom back. Today I am happy I did what I did and with other opportunities abound, I remember to thank the Creator who has been merciful.

P:S -. I will never settle for less again, will continue trying and pushing and praying till I get what I deserve from the universe grin grin

OP thank u for this thread, the company I left is still recruiting and there's even a fresh thread on them with everyone scampering to get in, but little do they know and each time I go thru the thread and read their genuine interest at the offer I feel bad all over again as they know not what they are vying for.

You've spoken my mind. Stayed with my employer for 3 years and finally got the courage to leave in August. I haven't found a better offer and I'm doing freelance work till I find someone willing to pay me my worth. Thanks for sharing your story.

7 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by LeJeun3: 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazzle101:

Congratulations for the courage to take this bold step........ I was in ur shoes a while back, remaining customer centric wasnt my problem cos I loved satisfying the customer, going the extra mile, but heck it was wasnt enough, they kept changing parameters till I upped and left. Got another almost immediately, stayed on it and the as the cycle began to repeat itself, I went Solo..... Havent regreted doing so.

It is not for the fainthearted to try this, but I swear to you that you will survive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by wkkwl: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
BUMP
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by LeJeun3: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2015
nenergy:

You've spoken my mind. Stayed with my employer for 3 years and finally got the courage to leave in August. I haven't found a better offer and I'm doing freelance work till I find someone willing to pay me my worth. Thanks for sharing your story.

Enjoy the Break..... Something is gonna come!!

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by PresVA: 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
People keep their jobs despite frustration/stress et al because HUNGER is no man's friend. .. grin

On a serious note though, if the demerits of your job far outweigh the benefits; then, I think it's time to quit. ....

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by nenergy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
LeJeun3:

Congratulations for the courage to take this bold step........ I was in ur shoes a while back, remaining customer centric wasnt my problem cos I loved satisfying the customer, going the extra mile, but heck it was wasnt enough, they kept changing parameters till I upped and left. Got another almost immediately, stayed on it and the as the cycle began to repeat itself, I went Solo..... Havent regreted doing so.

It is not for the fainthearted to try this, but I swear to you that you will survive.

Parameter changing can be annoying. Just as you're settling in, they raise the bar again. Fuuny grin

2 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by LeJeun3: 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
nenergy:

Parameter changing can be annoying. Just as you're settling in, they raise the bar again. Fuuny grin

Very funny.....and annoying too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctors Defend Yourselves From Smooth-Talking Medical Jobbbers / How To Increase Your Income In Nigeria / Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.