Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? (15533 Views)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / 10 Things You Must Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start Your Company / Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ollyboy009(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
be right back to tell my story......
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by simonns(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
My first job after nysc, I was working for an Indian company. Terrible place to work. I was suffering & smiling, was working 9am - 8pm during the week, 9am - 10pm at end of the month, hardly closed in the afternoon on Saturday. All for 45k. My siblings used to laugh at me, they have good jobs. Initially, I was contented considering the rate of unemployment.
After four months, I was fed up on a Saturday. I left work later than the time stated on my appointment letter. As usual, they expected me to stay longer due to work load. Told my immediate boss by mouth. The Indians were having a meeting, sent a text to the dept head. The Indian dude sent me a text few hours later informing me to stay at home on Monday. I replied him saying I expect payment of my entitlements.
No regrets leaving the company, people suffering there. Bosses and married woman looking used and unkept. God help Nigeria. I thank God i'm now where I didn't think i'll be. God has been faithful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
iceberylin:

V missed u sha
Missed you too bae
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by xcelmind(m): 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hello All,

Do you know you don't have to work without much result. You can make a gradual transition while still on the job. You can start an online business in your spare time.

Join our Facebook group to learn about ideas you can start everyday https://m./1528456274134119?ref=bookmarks
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by olu4life(m): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Was once in this shoe. Lemme share a little

Immediately I finished NYSC, I went for a teaching job to keep busy pending I get a better job but ensured I placed a time limit to be spent there (which helped me).

Was collecting N28k and was just a 5min ute walk from home. The time I planned to stay was a year but after a year I was still stuck there. Hardly had chance to go for interview, d few I went for was with the excuse of being sick. Lol.

After a year, started telling few peeps around me I might be quiting the job, but most said the same story of why quiting when you haven't gotten another one undecided

Was still hell bent on quitting and I took the bold step after a year and 3months,never informed anyone till I took the decision. My parent only knew when I Was still home the next day, lol. As usual was a shocker to them. But who cares, only he who wears the shoe knows where the pain is.

After 6months of sitting at home, though was doing some biz which kept me busy,finally got double job offer at the same time.

I knew I couldn't have gotten the jobs if I was still in that school cos no time for interviews.

Moral of the story is, if you strongly believe that u ought to move forward please kindly do quit and have faith. wink

P. S. The school proprietress didn't help matter, always grumbling and complaining with the stupid talk of "I can always get someone else so quit if u are tired" lol. Even after tendering my letter, she made my stay more tough. But upto date my students still contact me saying I should come back bla bla. Lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by hector: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
i am so fUcking tired after working for two years for a meagre pay, poor working conditions n high level of disregard from my employer. My boss feels she is doing us a favor by employing us. Resigning is not an issue since she can always get someone else as a replacement any time afterall they are many fresh graduates who can equally teach as much as anyone of us for the same 30k or even less if we decide to leave. She cant even raise our pay as she promised.

I dont like the job anymore. i am so depressed. So tired, my moral has dropped including my efficiency. i jus wanna leave buh i dont know whre else to go or wat next to do. i graduated wit a 2.2 despite being very sound in my field of study. reasons?? story for anoda day. Most gud companies always call for only 2.1 graduates for their entry level thereby making getting a better job somewhat difficult.

Things are a bit tight for my family now. I really wanna make it in life even wit my predicaments buh i dont know How. i am scared of resigning coz i dont have anyone i can depend on till i get something beta.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by feaworaoja007: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
I thought about ds very topic today too...everybody"s alwaays like govt jab's the best bla bla bla...truth's that it just helps you get by while stealing ur meaningful life from you;2day,i was just talking to myself,and i said it aloud, "i have to leave;i"m not living,i"m just existing and paying bills;but hey! Everbody will be outraged,lots of people even envy my jab i knw,what do i wanna do wit my life,the govt work's almost stealing everytin from my dreams and aspirations,i js av a lil" tym left to recoover my lost time/life or resign to my fate...i believe i"m destined for gr8er tins...ds cant just be it....i pray for courage to make the decision someday!!
N.B. Considering stories i av read here so far,dont think am avn the worst of it tho';just that it's killing me deep doown inside that i"m not living my dream...just existing and paying bills!!

5 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by olu4life(m): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
@hector, ur grade shouldn't set u back, 2.2 is still accepted and don't just focus on big firms only. I graduated with 2.2 and I got a job with not so popular firm but a very good package despite having no certification in what i do at the moment. Just believe and don't stop applying. Got my current job via NL job section. Wishing u the very best wink
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by hector: 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
olu4life:
@hector, ur grade shouldn't set u back, 2.2 is still accepted and don't just focus on big firms only. I graduated with 2.2 and I got a job with not so popular firm but a very good package despite having no certification in what i do at the moment. Just believe and don't stop applying. Got my current job via NL job section. Wishing u the very best wink

I will. tanx .
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by LeJeun3: 10:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Lost your contact boss
How have you been?

Bro I have been great....... Its alright man been offline for a while!!
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
No option for now, if not hungry go do us sometin
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by obamma: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
A lot of people are frustrated with their jobs but have refused to quit due to the fear of the unknown. People share their frustrations here checkoutmyemployer.com
Learn from it.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Ayt27(m): 11:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
makky04:
Sorry about that.
But if i may ask...what is the name of the company as i am interested.
Sharp guy
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by LeJeun3: 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
zeb04:
I hate my job, it has made me depressed God knows. I work Monday to Saturdays everyday including Christmas days, sallahbreaks. the thing is I earn over 200k which is quite much for a single lady but money isn't everything. just this Saturday my boss told me to come today Sunday. that's is when I started to regret I wasn't a witch. I am thinking about quitting.

You work in the fashion Industry! It doesnt go on break, have you however considered realigning yourself?? Giving ur best to the employer doesnt mean giving up ur life. U die or breakdown, you would as soon be replaced by another.

Considering how much you earn, have you considered doing you own stuff??
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ggirl4real: 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
I'm really baffled at the comments I'm reading here...

So while many graduates are even looking for "any" job to keep body and soul together, others currently working are tired of their jobs?

What a funny world!

Abi na only Nigeria e dey happen?

If so, what a funny country!

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by BlackHummer(m): 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazzle101:
Sorry, no reasons at all and no regrets too, just up and went, quit the job of 9months, it wasn't making any sense to me no more, had become practically disgruntled, sick, tired, fed up of the life threatening situation. I was losing it, didn't have no peace, was sick everyday but alas each morning I rise up really early and rush out, like the drone I had been propelled to become, I work all through and am expected to keep on a plastic smile in a bid to remain customer centric, return home and I can barely keep still to feed myself, bathe n get enough rest before the break of dawn the next day and the cycle begins all over. No time to even eat until ulcer became a familiar caller. Of course no one knew what I was going through but me. Asked a couple of colleagues, friends and anyone that meant something to get an opinion and everyone; Aaah u want to quit ur job, the country is hard o, see this small girl, what of us that have been here for 8-9yrs, no raise no promotion? My dear please try to manage Oooh, that's how the country is and u have no choice, besides there are many people looking for this opportunity and u want to pass it up. Noooo please don't, continue managing and keep on applying(where was the time to even look out for another vacancy) I tire.

Hmmmmm what was a girl to do? I braced up took d laws into my own hands. Waited for pay day for the month, wrote the darned resignation and signed off. Everyone was aghast, all sorts were said and done but hey; the earlier the better plus life is just too short, no? Between my umblical chord wasn't tied to that organisation or any other for starters.

Funny but the world didn't seize to be and life went on, I was glad I took my freedom back. Today I am happy I did what I did and with other opportunities abound, I remember to thank the Creator who has been merciful.

P:S -. I will never settle for less again, will continue trying and pushing and praying till I get what I deserve from the universe grin grin

OP thank u for this thread, the company I left is still recruiting and there's even a fresh thread on them with everyone scampering to get in, but little do they know and each time I go thru the thread and read their genuine interest at the offer I feel bad all over again as they know not what they are vying for.

The exploitation of graduates have got to end!!!

Looks like we're in the same boat. Only that I resigned after two months.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by foody(f): 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
In summary to make people know that you are employed.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ifeomaekol(f): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
its annoying...its frustrating whn people who are not in ur shoes will say manage this.its better than nothing....sometimes its bttr to be jobless than to be a slave
my dear ehhh, God ll do it oooo, d truth is dt there r jobs dt end up reducing ones life span-----believe me, @d end of everything u find out its jux nt worth it @all.

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 7:25am On Dec 14, 2015
ifeomaekol:
my dear ehhh, God ll do it oooo, d truth is dt there r jobs dt end up reducing ones life span-----believe me, @d end of everything u find out its jux nt worth it @all.
so true...I know by next year,something good will pop up
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ifeomaekol(f): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
so true...I know by next year,something good will pop up
definitely, I hv faith dt it ll. Nxt year is nxt mnth, our lord ll do it. Take care of u n dnt allow dt job run u dwn--------do hv a pleasant day.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by clemz88(m): 7:56am On Dec 14, 2015
So im not only the one wearing this shoe. I find it difficult to quite cos i av nothing to fall back to. I earn just 39k n av not been able to save any tin reasonable. I even find it difficult to spend so i can have little to fall back to when situation arises. undecided
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2015
had a similar experience, bounced out like a boss after 3 months, without 2 months pay though. They were shocked. got another job a week later. bladdy wicked devils now own companies. thing is pple are scared of leaving due to fear of the unknown, not knowing they are dying slowly, by the time u decide to leave, you are weak, angry and in pains. like the frog and the hot water.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by kodlins(f): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2015
This is my story.

dazzle101:
Sorry, no reasons at all and no regrets too, just up and went, quit the job of 9months, it wasn't making any sense to me no more, had become practically disgruntled, sick, tired, fed up of the life threatening situation. I was losing it, didn't have no peace, was sick everyday but alas each morning I rise up really early and rush out, like the drone I had been propelled to become, I work all through and am expected to keep on a plastic smile in a bid to remain customer centric, return home and I can barely keep still to feed myself, bathe n get enough rest before the break of dawn the next day and the cycle begins all over. No time to even eat until ulcer became a familiar caller. Of course no one knew what I was going through but me. Asked a couple of colleagues, friends and anyone that meant something to get an opinion and everyone; Aaah u want to quit ur job, the country is hard o, see this small girl, what of us that have been here for 8-9yrs, no raise no promotion? My dear please try to manage Oooh, that's how the country is and u have no choice, besides there are many people looking for this opportunity and u want to pass it up. Noooo please don't, continue managing and keep on applying(where was the time to even look out for another vacancy) I tire.

Hmmmmm what was a girl to do? I braced up took d laws into my own hands. Waited for pay day for the month, wrote the darned resignation and signed off. Everyone was aghast, all sorts were said and done but hey; the earlier the better plus life is just too short, no? Between my umblical chord wasn't tied to that organisation or any other for starters.

Funny but the world didn't seize to be and life went on, I was glad I took my freedom back. Today I am happy I did what I did and with other opportunities abound, I remember to thank the Creator who has been merciful.

P:S -. I will never settle for less again, will continue trying and pushing and praying till I get what I deserve from the universe grin grin

OP thank u for this thread, the company I left is still recruiting and there's even a fresh thread on them with everyone scampering to get in, but little do they know and each time I go thru the thread and read their genuine interest at the offer I feel bad all over again as they know not what they are vying for.

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by masties2(f): 11:33am On Dec 14, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Very frustrated,a 2.1 graduate earning 20k...and even th salary is not forthcoming....by january ..am leaving...God will take care of his people....I know and believe my future is bright...all these manage this or that sometimes limits someone's ability...no one knows tomorrow....slave jobs everywhere

Am telling u! I just upped and quit the job. I can't fit die on a pay less than my allowance

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Sunnypar(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2015
Hunger wey get hope go chop-Goldendr.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by masties2(f): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2015
hector:
i am so fUcking tired after working for two years for a meagre pay, poor working conditions n high level of disregard from my employer. My boss feels she is doing us a favor by employing us. Resigning is not an issue since she can always get someone else as a replacement any time afterall they are many fresh graduates who can equally teach as much as anyone of us for the same 30k or even less if we decide to leave. She cant even raise our pay as she promised.

I dont like the job anymore. i am so depressed. So tired, my moral has dropped including my efficiency. i jus wanna leave buh i dont know whre else to go or wat next to do. i graduated wit a 2.2 despite being very sound in my field of study. reasons?? story for anoda day. Most gud companies always call for only 2.1 graduates for their entry level thereby making getting a better job somewhat difficult.

Things are a bit tight for my family now. I really wanna make it in life even wit my predicaments buh i dont know How. i am scared of resigning coz i dont have anyone i can depend on till i get something beta.

I am so touched by this. I can actually feel your pains. Everything will work out fine. Do not fear

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
masties2:

Am telling u! I just upped and quit the job. I can't fit die on a pay less than my allowance
lolz...na so o..make I just collect my 20k dis december ...make I just send them resignation text by jan 2...God will make a way

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by wkkwl: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
it's well
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by icecooljay71(m): 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
dazzle101:

many graduates endure all sorts of sh*t in this country....God help us all.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by GoldenJulius(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
I am just speechless......still searching for a better job.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
icecooljay71:
[color=#770077][/color]

many graduates endure all sorts of sh*t in this country....God help us all.

Amen
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
LeJeun3:

Bro I have been great....... Its alright man been offline for a while!!
Good to hear from you boss
You bought your bike?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctors Defend Yourselves From Smooth-Talking Medical Jobbbers / How To Increase Your Income In Nigeria / Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.