Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 PM

What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? (13496 Views)

Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by hustler(m): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2006
Just to let members share their experiences of great football moments.

I think mine was the Nigeria vs Brazil game at Atlanta 96, and the Damman Miracle.

And how could i forget the Milan vs Madrid game at the San Siro (UCL 2003) that Sheva finished off a beautiful attacking move.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by hustler(m): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2006
to be honest the Liverpool Milan match wasn't a bad match either just that liverpool fans would feel it more than i did.

Still waiting for entries,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Uclaw: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2006
I think de liverpool milan champs league fina is still very fresh in my memory i still remember de embarrasment it caused me dat day
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by c0dec(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2006
Champions League 02/03 Semi-final.
Juventus 3 - Real Madrid 1
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by nosa101(f): 1:00am On Oct 23, 2006
Spice boy's last CL game for United, against Real.
United 4-3 real
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by teeroy(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2006
No doubt.Man Utd-Madrid champs league game in 2003 at old trafford.That game was 2good even if my team lost.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by kitaun(m): 11:51am On Oct 23, 2006
Hey teeroy! Go put in words 4 ur team, am so happy for u guys, even yesterday's el classico must qualify as one of the best in a long time
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Jackal(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2006
The best football match i have ever seen had to be:

Arsenal Vs Man Utd(FA cup S/final 1999)

It was the day Ryan Giggs scored the best goal ever scored by any football player in the whole wide world.
Giggs single-handedly turned football from a team game to an individual game.

@ Kitaun,
Did u see Ruud's goal last night?
How do u stop RVN from scoring?
He is the best goal poacher in the modern game.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by kitaun(m): 12:41am On Oct 24, 2006
Henry remains his father goals-wise, let him compete for best goalpoacher with the likes of Inzaghi, Trezeguet and co. But really i was happy 4 him yesterday, he should have had an hatrick
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by TSpurs(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2006
Jackal:

It was the day Ryan Giggs scored the best goal ever scored by any football player in the whole wide world.
Giggs single-handedly turned football from a team game to an individual game

Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by hustler(m): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2006
Hoping to see one of the best matches in serie A history 2mmrw.

Catch it on Rai DSTV channel 102 kickoff 7.30 pm MILAN VS INTER
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by toshmann(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2006
liverpool vs milan 2005

we never walk alone cheesy

only liverpool can do that (in a champions league final, agaist an italian side well known for good defending.)
but we did it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by nilla(f): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2006
Olympics finals 96: Nigeria - Argentina
cos we won

World Cup 2006: France - Italy
cos of the headbutt even though i still wanted france to win
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2007
yes, that madrid man utd game is a classic
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by RuuDie(m): 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2007
Real Madrid vs Roma

UCL group stage match at the Bernabeu, Real had lost the opening game away 3-0 and sorely needed to win this one.

first 30mins of the 1st half, they were 2 goals down astonishingly. . . . . then, out of the dead the Galacticos showed us all why they were just that. . . . $250million worth of superstars scattered all around the field and a bunch of mediocres were making 'em feel so hopeless in front of their home fans. . . i guess the embarassment was just too much for 'em. . .

they produced fireworks in the 2nd half to turn the game around. . . . . Zidane was just outstanding; Raul lead the charge like a true leader, Guti worked his heart out. . . . . everybody in a madrid shirt gave it a 150%, they just didn't want to lose this one and they fought like lions! in the end, they overturned the deficit. . . 4-2 it ended in favor of the Galacticos.

that game always remains one if my very best c'uz it always reminds me that if u really want something and u put ur all into getting that thing - u're determined and committed to the cause - u'll b rewarded somehow, someway!

I've never seen Real play with as much character as they did that night. . . it was AWESOME!
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by doyin13(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2007
Hmm

Barcelona v Valencia

Barca needed to win to gain C-League qualification

And Rivaldo produced what I regard the greatest individual
performance ever in a soccer match

the hat-trick, a shot from outside the box, a freekick and
then to top it up a beautiful bicycle kick.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by orobo50cl(m): 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2007
Arsenal v Manutd ( last season) Emirates stadium. The 93rd minute header from henry that beat van de sar was a classic. Alex fergurson's red face after wards and the fact that he was trying to rip his hair out after that dying minute goal is what i call " PRICELESS VIEWING", Haaaaaaaaaaaa! grin
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by ow11(m): 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2007
its too hard to choose but i'll try

Valencia Vs Barcelona UCL semifinal i think 99/00  the one at the Mastella
Liverpool V Milan    UCL final 04/05
Argentina V England world cup 1998
France V Portugal Euro 2000

to me the best NGR VS ARG olympics 1996
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by akinalabi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2007
Newcastle v Liverpool 1996

Then

Milan vs Barcelona 1994
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by RuuDie(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2007
B.Faso vs DRC - African Cup of Nations 98 Not so sure

But its was 3-1 to B.Faso with about 5mins to go including time added on at the end of the 90min; and there was an injury to a player. . . . . during that li'l break the DRC got his troops together and gave 'em a real mouthfl; whatever it was that he said, did the trick! they back got onto the pitch and by the end of the tie, it was 3-4 in favor of the DRC in just 5mins. ASTONISHING!
got friends who still insist that it was jazz. . . . . if so, then i'd advise FIFA to allow all managers to go get a li'l dose of that jazz and use. . . . certainly would make the game much more exciting for us fans grin
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by RuuDie(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2007
WYC // Portugal - Cameroon Can't remember the year and if it was under-17's or 21's

Cameroon had 1 draw and 1 loss from their previous matches and badly needed a win to make it through the group stages. . . . . well, they didn't get the win but gave us one of the most exciting matches in WYC history!
at halftime, it seemed like curtains 4 the Africans; it was Portugal 5-0 over Cameroon in a classic Portuguese exhibiton fluid passing, quick movement and goal-scoring. . . . one of the goals was a drop-shot from the half-way line a la' David Beckham!
But the Africans cam back from the break a different side that played the first stanza; they dished out some exquisite African flavor of their own; Strength, movement and skills. . . . . . by the 40thmin it was all square. . . . . 5 all! what a come-back. . . the Portuguese never knew what hit 'em and it could have been worse, c'uz in the dying embers of the game, the Cameroonians rattled the bar; a rasping drive that was destined for the top right hand corner of the net. . . . . . Guess the god of soccer wasn't smiling their way. it could'a been WYC football archive's biggest and most astonishing upset ever! it remains ever-green in mine!!!

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by justkunmi(m): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2007
Brazil - Netherlands at the France 98 World Cup was a very crazy match. . Damn,. the action was from start to finish.
Pure class and beautiful football by those whose know how to play the game. . .

The match ended 1-1 in regulation time and Brazil won on penalties. .

Patrick Kluivert was on fire that night. .The Boer brothers, Marc Overmars, Edgar Davids. , and just so many other crazy players. .
Brazil had Dunga, Carlos, Rivaldo and the young Ronaldo then. . .

One of the greatest matches I've seen with my eyes!!!. lol

and of course United vs Bolton last season. . . .
that game was kraazieee. . . Definitely one of United's best performance yet. .,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by MP007(m): 8:07am On Nov 16, 2007
arsenal(kanu) versus chelase, kanu scored 3 dam goals , that was crazy,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by hollandis(f): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2007
I love Nigeria vs Brazil
i Love the way BEBETO CRIED LIKE A BABY
HA HA HA HA
pls does any one have the c.d or tape.pls i need it.i am ready to pay 4 it
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Faitymine(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2007
damn! too many matches to choose from'
juve-madrid 2:0

milan-barca 4:0

man utd-madrid 3:4

germany-italy 0:2

and the best of them all
milan-man utd 3:0

the worst ever are;
milan-liverpool 3:3

italy-france 1:2

nig-denmark 1:4
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by davidif: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2007
Best games ever

EURO 2000 HOLLAND VS. CZECH REPUBLIC PART 1 (PART 2 WAS IN EURO 2004)
I lost track of hom many times the czech's hit the bar

NEWCASTLE VS. LIVERPOOL PART 2 (PART 1 WAS PREVIOUS SEASON) 1996/97 PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON
Asprilla, Shearer, David Ginola vs. Steve Mc Manaman, Robbie Fowler, Stan Collymore

UEFA CL FINAL 2000/2001 VALENCIA VS. BAYERN MUNICH: Ottmar Hitzfeld vs. Hector Raul Cuper (master tacticians)
Heavy weight battle. Never seen so much post to post action in my life especially when both teams got desperate in extra time and wanted to win now, instead of going to penalty shootout.

ATLANTA '96 NIGERIA VS. BRAZIL. need i say more?

2002 WORLD CUP SOUTH KOREA/JAPAN
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND VS. GERMANY 1ST ROUND
Scene: The republic of Ireland without their talismanic skipper and a very young team needed a draw in this game to have a chance of qualifying for the 2nd round.
Last gasp winner from Robbie Keane after several attempts on goal (they basically laid a siege on Oliver Kahn's goal post but no breakthrough). Injury time, ball headed down his path from Niall Quinn and he hit the shot at point blank range. Can somebody spell euphoria Up till that point, i had never been happier in my life, i was rolling on the floor, screaming, jumping for joy, running all over the place absolutely ecstatic. I guess there is a little irishman in all of us grin grin grin

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND VS SPAIN 2ND ROUND
Greatest individual performance i've ever seen from a player (Damien Duff) who took over towards the end of regulation and persisted to torment the entire spanish team, how the spanish escaped is beyond me. Even after the loss to penalties, the boy deserved a 21 gun salute for that performance.

SOUTH KOREA VS. ITALY 2ND ROUND
Probably the greatest day of my life; watching the azzuris misery grin grin grin
God bless Ahn Jung Wang, Guus Hiddink and the entire country of south korea for this one, oh and panucci for causing the equalizer. ha ha ha
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by davidif: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2007
Or how could i forget
ARSENAL VS. REAL MADRID UEFA CHAMPS LEAGUE 2005/06
That was indeed one for the history books.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by folahann(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2007
It has to be Champion league Final 2005 ooooo! Liverpool -Milan it was hot that day
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by cooljoe(m): 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2007
The semi finals of Euro 200 between Holland and Italy, followed by the finals between France and Italy. Classic matches, the Italians really do know how to defend, not to mention the fantastic tournament Toldo was having.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by PurestBoy(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2008
Bayelsa (Militants) Team vs House of Assembly Football Team
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by tkb417(m): 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2008
for country
Nigeria vs Brasil -atlanta 96

for club
United vs real - we were taught some football lessons by Ronaldo de lima
United vs Bayern- glory glory nite

generally
AC vs barcelona-ended 4-0 in favour of AC
Liverpool vs AC- UCL final
Brasil vs Italy- Paolo Rossi and his tricks
Barcelona Vs Valencia- UCL semi
United vs Barcelona -(3-3) 1999
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by vicade(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2008
Arsenal 5 spurs 4-Breath taking match

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flying Eagles Arrive Burundi Ahead Of CAF U-20 Championship / The European Court Of Justice Has Authorised The Creation Of The Super League / Violence: Nigerian League Fines 3SC, Bans Stadium And Expels 3SC's Media Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.