Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North (2331 Views)

Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam / Ask A Shi'i / Why Didn't Allah Intervene In The Recent Crane Disaster? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 2:44am On Dec 13, 2015
MY HUMBLE OPINION ON SHI'I - MILITARY CLASH

During Jonathan administration, there were campaign that his administration worked alongside Israel Zionist agenda (which apparently was) therefore targeting the "Shi'a" especially Sheik Zakyzaky led group.

Now Jonnah and his administration are gone vis-a-vis his allies. Muhammad Buhari, a Muslim who had practically gave "political allegiance" to Iran, a known Shi'i state, is at the helm now. Interestingly he has many Shi'a in his administration. Yet we (Shi'a) are still sentimentally shouting "oppression".

In as much as I do not believe the transparency of our military activities, I also refuse to accept the sentimental appeals of our Shi'i brothers against the Nigerian military.

The news from the two sides are too much biased in their presentations. While it is understandable for the military because of the age-long Boko-Haram atrocities and counter measures, making them to be more vicious, the socio-political stance of the North these days is also not helping the religious situation.

With respect to Islamic movement under the leadership of Sheik Zakyzaky, I think it is high time the movement should devise a more tolerable hiccup-free strategy to organize and led processions. The fact that Nigeria is a secular state, processions should not in anyway affect the orderliness of the socio-religious activities of non-Shi'i on one hand and of most important the law enforcement responsibility of combating insurgency within the very region.

Generally we (muslims) are intolerable and like forcing down our beliefs into other people's throats at all cost. Having a procession whereby millions took to the street, block the road networks, making lives difficult for others will surely incurs the wrath of law enforcement agencies and give them licence and excuses to halt or disturb such processions by all means.

This is not the spirit of Islam. This is not the teachings of the Ahlulbayt [alaihima salam]. This is not the treatment fellow humankind deserve. If people of other faith have similar fashion of this "social disturbances", it is not a licence or a standard for us to emulate.

Personally I have heard reports from AUTHORITATIVE sources (neutral minds) that many of the members of Islamic movement do go against the normal ethical decency and, emotionally, owing to the sorrowful past incidences of several loss of lifes of their members, will dare the law enforcement agencies esp. the military.

It is easier for Iran, Iraq, Lebanon etc to have processions in their millions halting all activities because their state is more or less Islamic with Shi'i having largest percentage of the population. This is definitely not the case in Nigeria. I believe we need to be more civil by being law abiding. Cooperating with the law enforcement agencies, getting advices from them on how to conduct millions in procession without violating the social orderliness or military rules and regulations are ways in ensuring smooth and peaceful processions.

Wa Salam alaykum

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by tbaba1234: 4:15am On Dec 13, 2015
I. I do not think think the 'assassination story' is true. At least not deliberately.

ii. I think, it was more of a case where they blocked the road with their procession while the chief of Army staff was passing.

iii. For some reason, things got out of hand and Nigerian security agents can be heavy handed. Perhaps they resisted clearing the path for the convoy, Maybe a few in the crowd got rowdy and threw things at soldiers or the car of the Army chief...

iv. Allah knows best.

May Allah forgive the departed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by mohammad11: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2015
tbaba1234:
I. I do not think think the 'assassination story' is true. At least not deliberately.
ii. I think, it was more of a case where they blocked the road with their procession while the chief of Army staff was passing.
iii. For some reason, things got out of hand and Nigerian security agents can be heavy handed. Perhaps they resisted clearing the path for the convoy, Maybe a few in the crowd got rowdy and threw things at soldiers or the car of the Army chief...
iv. Allah knows best.
May Allah forgive the departed.
Point well raised.
But i‘ve felt maclatunji absence in this section @tbaba1234

2 Likes

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by BIOLASUNKONMI(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2015
http://en.abna24.com/service/africa/archive/2015/12/13/724549/story.html

For all willing to get the truth of this matter should not only depend on mere Media only. It was reported that the road was barricaded, For what reason would they barricade the road. But was A pure lie. The single road is only been dualized with tyre so as to control traffic easily. The attack was purposely preplanned attack. Ibthink also that an Assassinator should possess a strong arm, but this faithfuls only has stones and catapult to defend themselves.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 4:04am On Dec 16, 2015
Sheik Zakyzaky is dead now. Just got this report. Geez....whats going on?
http://naijagists.com/photo-shiite-sect-leader-sheikh-ibrahim-zakzaky-left-for-the-dead-after-nigerian-army-attacked-him/

Is this sign of pending trouble.....
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Empiree:
http://naijagists.com/photo-shiite-sect-leader-sheikh-ibrahim-zakzaky-left-for-the-dead-after-nigerian-army-attacked-him/

The link's headline says "Zakyzaky left for the dead after being attack..." This never suggest he's dead. And besides Nigerian Army confirmed he's in their custody receiving treatment.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
^ Thanks for the piece.

I think i have enough information to discern situation on ground. Too many mixed information out there. I don't even know what to believe anymore.

I believe the people do have the right to protest in their so called democratic society. Whether their religious procession is Islamic or not is another topic.

I believe they should have notified proper authority of their intention before blocking the road. Authority have the right to challenge road blockage whether it is absolutely necessary or not. They should have got some sort of permit beforehand. This is public road.

That being said, excessive force by military is dang daddy. Could they have used tear gas, robber bullets, water cannon to disperse the crowd rather than military gears?. Protesters throughout the world are known to throw objects at riot police, military etc. Or the protesters carried and used deadly weapons?.

100 people being killed over silly things could be avoided if their procession was properly coordinated. May God have mercy on them.

2 Likes

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by carinmom(f): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
Empiree:

Sheikh al Zakzakiy is not dead. There is a picture of him dining with Int minister, Gov El Rufai and IGP when they visited yesterday here on Nairaland.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
carinmom:

Sheikh al Zakzakiy is not dead. There is a picture of him dining with Int minister, Gov El Rufai and IGP when they visited yesterday here on Nairaland.
Thanks. I think i read the article wrong. Let me tell you a little secret. I was about to k.o. when i read the article grin
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by carinmom(f): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Empiree:
Thanks. I think i read the article wrong. Let me tell you a little secret. I was about to k.o. when i read the article grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
carinmom:

What? Is that a joke or insult?! Those pictures were during el-Rufai's Gubernatorial campaign.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by BETATRON(m): 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
carinmom:

DINING with el-rufai ? Seriously ?
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by carinmom(f): 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
AlBaqir:

What? Is that a joke or insult?! Those pictures were during el-Rufai's Gubernatorial campaign.

But Minister of Interior and IGP Arase were also there. In fact d minister was wearing same clothes he wore yesterday when he visited d scene in Zaria.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by carinmom(f): 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
BETATRON:
DINING with el-rufai ? Seriously ?
I'm serious
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Rafidi: 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
AlBaqir:
MY HUMBLE OPINION ON SHI'I - MILITARY CLASH

During Jonathan administration, there were campaign that his administration worked alongside Israel Zionist agenda (which apparently was) therefore targeting the "Shi'a" especially Sheik Zakyzaky led group.

Now Jonnah and his administration are gone vis-a-vis his allies. Muhammad Buhari, a Muslim who had practically gave "political allegiance" to Iran, a known Shi'i state, is at the helm now. Interestingly he has many Shi'a in his administration. Yet we (Shi'a) are still sentimentally shouting "oppression".

In as much as I do not believe the transparency of our military activities, I also refuse to accept the sentimental appeals of our Shi'i brothers against the Nigerian military.

The news from the two sides are too much biased in their presentations. While it is understandable for the military because of the age-long Boko-Haram atrocities and counter measures, making them to be more vicious, the socio-political stance of the North these days is also not helping the religious situation.

With respect to Islamic movement under the leadership of Sheik Zakyzaky, I think it is high time the movement should devise a more tolerable hiccup-free strategy to organize and led processions. The fact that Nigeria is a secular state, processions should not in anyway affect the orderliness of the socio-religious activities of non-Shi'i on one hand and of most important the law enforcement responsibility of combating insurgency within the very region.

Generally we (muslims) are intolerable and like forcing down our beliefs into other people's throats at all cost. Having a procession whereby millions took to the street, block the road networks, making lives difficult for others will surely incurs the wrath of law enforcement agencies and give them licence and excuses to halt or disturb such processions by all means.

This is not the spirit of Islam. This is not the teachings of the Ahlulbayt [alaihima salam]. This is not the treatment fellow humankind deserve. If people of other faith have similar fashion of this "social disturbances", it is not a licence or a standard for us to emulate.

Personally I have heard reports from AUTHORITATIVE sources (neutral minds) that many of the members of Islamic movement do go against the normal ethical decency and, emotionally, owing to the sorrowful past incidences of several loss of lifes of their members, will dare the law enforcement agencies esp. the military.

It is easier for Iran, Iraq, Lebanon etc to have processions in their millions halting all activities because their state is more or less Islamic with Shi'i having largest percentage of the population. This is definitely not the case in Nigeria. I believe we need to be more civil by being law abiding. Cooperating with the law enforcement agencies, getting advices from them on how to conduct millions in procession without violating the social orderliness or military rules and regulations are ways in ensuring smooth and peaceful processions.

Wa Salam alaykum

a video was released today showing how the followers of Zakzaky prevented the convoy of the COAS from passing. the youth stated that last year when a military convoy passed through the area 34 members (including three sons of the Sheikh) were killed. the youth challenged the army, and prevented the convoy from passing. the army used force and killed a number and passed through.

after the incident on the issue of road block, what we need to know is why was the Sheikh's house surrounded and attacked into the night, and the Islamic center and cemetery also attacked and destroyed, which led to many casualties, most likely, way more than the casualties (extra judicially) on the road block incident. this is what makes me feel alarmed and concerned.

https://www.nairaland.com/2805886/why-hussainiyyah-zakzakys-house-besieged

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
Rafidi:

a video was released today showing how the followers of Zakzaky prevented the convoy of the COAS from passing. the youth stated that last year when a military convoy passed through the area 34 members (including three sons of the Sheikh) were killed. the youth challenged the army, and prevented the convoy from passing. the army used force and killed a number and passed through.

Yeah I saw the video. Its about 10mins video. You don't carry cutlasses, catapult, Barton of various sizes, sticks and stones and block a major road [shouting Ya Mahdi and Allahu Akbar and Ya Hussein] facing one of the world known reckless military who were even generous enough to negotiate. That's suicide. That's being uncultured. That's not Islam and that's not Shiism. It is very unfortunate Shi'i name is being mention through this kind of things in this ill-informed society. This does not in anyway exonerate Nigerian military. They have record of being reckless. And over the years nobody reprimand them.

Rafidi:

after the incident on the issue of road block, what we need to know is why was the Sheikh's house surrounded and attacked into the night, and the Islamic center and cemetery also attacked and destroyed, which led to many casualties, most likely, way more than the casualties (extra judicially) on the road block incident. this is what makes me feel alarmed and concerned.

https://www.nairaland.com/2805886/why-hussainiyyah-zakzakys-house-besieged

Historically both group (Nigerian Army and IMN) have a long bitter history. It started during the military regime. Sheik Zakyzaky was a political prisoner for years during Abacha regime. Thousands of his followers were killed then. Had Sheik teaches violence, "boko-haram-like" group would have emerge in retaliation long ago. In short I think the cross feelings of yesteryear is what escalate to that because there's no news that Sheik's house is near the scene where the calamity started. Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by carinmom(f): 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
AlBaqir:

I have just confirmed that it wasn't Sheikh al Zakzakiy, it was Emir of Birningwari, Kaduna state. I apologise for the misinformation.

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
carinmom:

grin grin grin grin grin
I am used to read some stuff wrong sometimes. This usually happen when am about to k.o. or middle of it.

Last year, i think, I was far asleep and in the middle of the night i got up and opened naijagists website. The first article with picture i saw was obasanjo being "hanged". Dang!...I truly believed what my eyes saw. I opened the link really quickly, glanced at the pix hurriedly. I didnt care to read the article. The picture is about two people by the sides of former president. One appears to be holding his neck. The other guy put hand on his head. I quickly open yahoo see if there is any report of hanging obasanjo, I see non-related incident. Then I left comment on the site and went back to bed.

I went to bed thinking obasanjo was dead for crimes committed. By the time i woke up, my comment had gone viral on the internet. Naijagists republished my comment and dang, I was laughing like how in the world i made this comment. My comment generated thousands of replies from around the world. I was really tired and knocked out when i saw the picture. I can be myopic sometimes....i admit grin

When i finally read the article later in the day, the guys were actaully measuring his height. shocked

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Bakare19: 7:05am On Dec 17, 2015
grin[quote author=Empiree post=41071919]I am used to read some stuff wrong sometimes. This usually happen when am about to k.o. or middle of it.

Last year, i think, I was far asleep and in the middle of the night i got up and opened naijagists website. The first article with picture i saw was obasanjo being "hanged". Dang!...I truly believed what my eyes saw. I opened the link really quickly, glanced at the pix hurriedly. I didnt care to read the article. The picture is about two people by the sides of former president. One appears to be holding his neck. The other guy put hand on his head. I quickly open yahoo see if there is any report of hanging obasanjo, I see non-related incident. Then I left comment on the site and went back to bed.

I went to bed thinking obasanjo was dead for crimes committed. By the time i woke up, my comment had gone viral on the internet. Naijagists republished my comment and dang, I was laughing like how in the world i made this comment. My comment generated thousands of replies from around the world. I was really tired and knocked out when i saw the picture. I can be myopic sometimes....i admit grin

When i finally read the article later in the day, the guys were actaully measuring his height. shocked[/quo grin
lol..
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by carinmom(f): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2015
Empiree:
I am used to read some stuff wrong sometimes. This usually happen when am about to k.o. or middle of it.

When i finally read the article later in the day, the guys were actaully measuring his height. shocked
Hahahaha, that was really funny. The best thing you should do now is to avoid commenting when in that situation.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Onyocha: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
[b]honestly speaking, what happened on the road is very much irrelevant. Both sides are wrong there.

What is relevant to me is that the army used the earlier road incident as excuse/cover up/pretext to launch two assaults at the worship center and at the cleric's home. During the siege and raid many were killed and the structures got demolished. These are crimes against humanity committed and human rights violations. No one really care that the army reacted -by taking law into their hands -to road block and many understand that the blocking of road and confronting soldiers who don't value lives is wrong. The problem is the siege on the house and the hussainiyyah.

Many are distracted by what happened on the road. The army is using the road incident to cover up their assault on and demolition of the house and hussainiyyah. Many lives were wasted.That is wrong and unjustifiable even under military rule.

The siege and assault on the home and worship center came after the road incident had ended. Why?

The COAS should please not resign. He should either remain and continue to tarnish the image of the APC government and the image of the country, or let him be sacked immediately and punished for his crimes. This is a democracy and no one should be a victim of religious persecution. Citizens should be free to choose what beliefs they want to follow.[/b]

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
Onyocha:
[b]honestly speaking, what happened on the road is very much irrelevant. Both sides are wrong there.

What is relevant to me is that the army used the earlier road incident as excuse/cover up/pretext to launch two assaults at the worship center and at the cleric's home. During the siege and raid many were killed and the structures got demolished. These are crimes against humanity committed and human rights violations. No one really care that the army reacted -by taking law into their hands -to road block and many understand that the blocking of road and confronting soldiers who don't value lives is wrong. The problem is the siege on the house and the hussainiyyah.

Many are distracted by what happened on the road. The army is using the road incident to cover up their assault on and demolition of the house and hussainiyyah. Many lives were wasted.That is wrong and unjustifiable even under military rule.
The siege and assault on the home and worship center came after the road incident had ended. Why?

The COAS should please not resign. He should either remain and continue to tarnish the image of the APC government and the image of the country, or let him be sacked immediately and punished for his crimes. This is a democracy and no one should be a victim of religious persecution. Citizens should be free to choose what beliefs they want to follow.[/b]

Honestly you have a valid and balanced submissions esp the underlined. Any other group of any religious affiliation could be the next victim. This is not the first time our security services esp the military will commit such an heinous crime. Their history with the civilian is worst. Remember the Baga incidence. Almost a civilization was wiped out. All these are in their history and they were never reprimanded even once by any administration. I doubt anything reasonable will come out of this. We love sweeping crimes under the carpet.

2 Likes

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
I suspect @underlined as well. But i have no other proof to think otherwise. However, is it true that the Sheikh house was destroyed by the army?. Article surfaced here today about the incident.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by tbaba1234: 2:25am On Dec 18, 2015
This is the information according to the Kaduna State Government.

What the Kaduna State Government has learnt
Based on reports from government organs and security agencies, we have learnt the following:
• There had been tension in parts of Zaria since Thursday, 10 December 2015, when members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria were alleged to have attacked Gabari, a community on the outskirts of Zaria, in continuation of a dispute over a mosque. Like the previous attack, this second assault on Gabari also took three lives. The alleged bone of contention was that the El-Zakzaky movement wanted to take over a mosque they did not build in Gabari. The mosque had been sealed by the authorities following the collapse of the arrangements that had enabled various sects to amicably share its usage.

• In the last two weeks, the Islamic Movement of Nigeria has also illegally occupied federal roads. Over a period of four days, they took over one side of the federal expressway between Kaduna and Zaria, and the roads to Kano and Katsina. They entered schools along these routes, using them as rest and recreation points without notice or permission or any concern about the disruption of academic activities.

• The Husainiyah building, the headquarters of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, was put up without statutory title to the land, and in outright defiance of a stop-work notice issued by KASUPDA in 2010. When KASUPDA followed up with a demolition notice in the same year, the then authorities chose to look the other way, and allowed the sect to complete a building that had neither title nor planning approval, and which the appropriate agency had determined was in violation of planning and development regulations.

• The successful completion of this illegal building on a major road subsequently led to a pattern of inconveniences being inflicted on members of the general public. There were various reports and complaints that the sect was harassing members of the public, and inflicting hardship on commuters. At their headquarters and in other areas where Zakzaky’s movement had structures, they had tried to forcibly acquire the property of their neighbours; this is apart from subjecting residents to an illegal curfew.

• Government also received reports that the Islamic Movement of Nigeria acted like a parallel state, with total disdain for the formal structures of the Nigerian government and little regard for the rights of non-members. Whenever community, traditional or political leaders invite the sect to dispute resolution meetings, they often declined the invitations. In addition, members of the movement are alleged to openly carry and use offensive weapons.

• Following the Zaria incident, Shiite members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria have tried to upset the peace in parts of Kaduna. The security forces have responded firmly to the situation in the Tudun Wada area of Kaduna Metropolis. Violent actions by sect members on Tuesday, 15 December 2016, included the use of Molotov cocktails and petrol bombs against the security forces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 3:13am On Dec 18, 2015
^
Na wa o. Dont even know who/what to believe anymore....SMH

Hands crossed until further notice undecided
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by tunde1200(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2015
exactly bro..

Empiree:
^ Thanks for the piece.

I think i have enough information to discern situation on ground. Too many mixed information out there. I don't even know what to believe anymore.

I believe the people do have the right to protest in their so called democratic society. Whether their religious procession is Islamic or not is another topic.

I believe they should have notified proper authority of their intention before blocking the road. Authority have the right to challenge road blockage whether it is absolutely necessary or not. They should have got some sort of permit beforehand. This is public road.

That being said, excessive force by military is dang daddy. Could they have used tear gas, robber bullets, water cannon to disperse the crowd rather than military gears?. Protesters throughout the world are known to throw objects at riot police, military etc. Or the protesters carried and used deadly weapons?.

100 people being killed over silly things could be avoided if their procession was properly coordinated. May God have mercy on them.
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2015
tbaba1234:

• The Husainiyah building, the headquarters of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, was put up without statutory title to the land, and in outright defiance of a stop-work notice issued by KASUPDA in 2010. When KASUPDA followed up with a demolition notice in the same year, the then authorities chose to look the other way, and allowed the sect to complete a building that had neither title nor planning approval, and which the appropriate agency had determined was in violation of planning and development regulations.

• The successful completion of this illegal building on a major road subsequently led to a pattern of inconveniences being inflicted on members of the general public. There were various reports and complaints that the sect was harassing members of the public, and inflicting hardship on commuters. At their headquarters and in other areas where Zakzaky’s movement had structures, they had tried to forcibly acquire the property of their neighbours; this is apart from subjecting residents to an illegal curfew.

# Hmmm! With above broadcast, haven't we a clue to what the outcome of the proposed panel? It seems there is a synergy between the army and state Government or how do you explain the governor's affirmation that the husseiniyyah's construction was Illegal both in terms of location and structures and importantly in defiance to authorized agency's instructions. Hence, the army has invariably reclaimed the said land for the government by destroying it.

# How true are those claims? IMN should take to court if those allegations are false. At least they must have documents and paper works.

# Governor El-Rufai raised some real issues that must not be waved away. They need to be addressed urgently and critically by the Shi'i community, to avoid giving further excuses to enemies of the Shi'a in the future. Corrections must be made wherever necessary. And necessary legal actions must be taken to seek redress for the injustice suffered by the community.

Meanwhile, Governor El-Rufai seems to be seeking to justify the destruction of the Husayniyyah. Let us assume that the Movement refused to register it (which is possible), there are legal procedures for the demolition of illegal properties. It is NEVER the job of the military to demolish houses for the Kaduna State township planning commission (or whatever name they bear). Moreover, no notices were issued to the administrators of the Husayniyyah. Rather, the demolition was impromptu and carried out in an illegal manner. So, the Movement need to take legal steps on this issue.

Also, the army indisputably overreacted and committed clear crimes against humanity. Again, the legal process should be followed to punish the perpetrators.

# grin Funny enough El-Rufai nearly became a member of Zakyzaky IMN during his guber campaign. Politics. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by AlBaqir(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Harun Elbinawi writes:

A Rejoinder to Emir Sanusi on his malicious insinuations on the Zaria massacre:

A brother who is a Lecturer in one of the Nigerian Universities sent me an Audio recording of a "counselling" session of the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II on the recent brutal killings of defenseless Shia Muslims in Nigeria by the Nigerian Army. When I saw the title of the Audio recording I thought it was the usual Emir Sanusi that will preach Unity, tolerance, mutual respect & peaceful coexistence among all Nigerians whether Sunni, Shias, Christians & followers of African traditional religion.

Sadly that was not what happened, I discovered a new Emir Sanusi who is reading a script given to him be the corrupt northern Elites & promoting the evil agenda of #ShiaGenocide & Shia cleansing. I deliberately refused to add the word "Sunni" in describing this corrupt elites of Northern Nigeria because they do not represent the real Sunni Islam that led that Great Islamic civilization that history celebrates. It is important that we note this corrupt Northern elites are largely responsible for most of today's ills in Nigeria & they are wholly responsible for the extreme poverty, ignorance & backwardness of the Northern Nigerian that had a rich past history.

Emir Sanusi made some allegations that are malicious, divisive & threat to peaceful coexistence in Nigeria. He claimed that Shia Islam is all about cursing & insulting Companions of the Prophet (sa) and the wife of the Prophet, Umm ul-Mu'meneen Aisha. All followers of Shia Islam in Nigeria are followers of Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Khamenei as their Mar'jii Taqlid (Religious Reference) including followers of Sheikh #Zakzaky who are the majority. It is important to note there are two other Shia organizations in Nigeria that are independent of the Islamic Movement that is led by Sheikh Zakzaky. In 2005 Ayatollah Khamenei gave a Fatwa (religious Edict) that made it Haram for anybody to abide or insult personalities revered by Sunni Islam. These personalities include Abubakar, Umar, Uthman & Aisha.

So Shia Muslims in Nigeria do not abuse these Sunni personalities, the fact that Shia Muslims does not consider them role models to follow is known to all students of Islamic history. The Prophet (sa) had nine wives & Shia Islam have the utmost respect to seven & considered them role models of Muslims but the point of differences is on two, Aisha & Hafsat. And the reason for this is the other seven played the role given to them by God as "Mothers of all Muslims" perfectly by refusing to be involve in politics. The other two especially Aisha abandoned this role by involving in politics. She raised a huge Army against the legitimate Govt of Imam Ali (as) & launched the first civil war in Islam. More than 30,000 Muslims were killed in that war. She was supposed to be the mother of all Muslims not initiating wars & wars among Muslims. May God forgive her sins & the transgressions!

Emir Sanusi also claimed that since Islam came to Northern Nigeria it has always been a "AhlulSunnah" & insinuations that they will not tolerate anything other than this. To remind him before Islam came to Northern Nigeria, African traditional religion existed. And after Islam came, Christianity also came to Northern Nigeria. Today there are millions of citizens of Northern Nigeria that are Christians. And again the Ahmadiyyah sect also came to Northern Nigeria & they still exist with their mosques & schools. Emir Sanusi should understand that with the Globalization of the world, artificial barriers had been smashed & in future we might see Hindu & Buddhist Temples in Northern Nigeria.

Another malicious insinuations of Emir Sanusi is equating Shia Islam will murderous terrorist cults like Maitastine & BokoHaram that are offshoots of Sunni Islam. These terrorist groups from day one were hell bent in killing innocent civilians, they are murderous entities that only know how to kill people & they are not offshoots of Shia Islam. There is no where in the world where Shia Muslims are terrorists, terrorism has no place in Shia Islam because the Shia Religious references will never approve it. Sheikh #Zakzaky started his call more than 37 years ago no single innocent person had been killed. He & his Islamic Movement are completely peaceful & they promote Unity of Muslims & peaceful coexistence with Christians. The Islamic Movement is the only Muslim organization in Nigeria that invites Christians to all its programs & also attend Christian programs when invited. Sheikh Zakzaky in other to promote Unity among Muslims had forbid his millions of followers to build mosques. He ask them to always pray in the Sunni mosques available.

Emir Sanusi & this corrupt Northern elites must understand that Nigerian constitution guaranteed freedom of worship for all Nigerians. Their attempt to suppress & crackdown on Nigerian Shia Muslims is unconstitutional & wicked. What is wrong with Sunni Islam today is not that millions are abandoning it for Shia Islam, what is wrong with Sunni Islam today is that it has been contaminated by Wahhabism & infiltrated by it. Today the face of Sunni Islam contaminated by Wahhabism is hate & terrorism. The real Sunni Islam rubbed shoulders with Shia Islam but the Sunni Islam contaminated by Wahhabism is inferior to the high values of Shia Islam & this is the main reason today why millions of Sunni Muslims are becoming Shia Muslims.

Go to all these Wahhabi infested mosques in northern Nigeria, they only promote hatred for Shias & Christians. This is what their preachers does everyday. They do not teach people tolerance, love, mercy, kindness, generosity & peaceful coexistence. What they teach their followers is to Shia Islam & Christianity. That was why when the Nigerian Army brutally killed defenseless Shia Muslims in Zaria they were happy & jubilating. One day if Christians are massacre like this they will still celebrate like they are celebrating today.

My advice to these corrupt Northern elites is that they should please allow peace & security to rein in Nigeria. There are Tens of thousands of Shia Muslims in Southwest Nigeria, have anybody ever heard and clash or killings. They are accepted, tolerated & considered part of the society. This is because Islam in the south is based on sincerity while Islam in the north is contaminated. This corrupt northern elites must understand that Faith can never be imposed or forced. They will never succeed in forcing Shia Muslims to return to Sunni Islam. If they want to halt this slide they must return to the real Sunni Islam of Sheikh Uthman Ibn Fodio (ra) who was tolerant & celebrated the Twelve Imams of Shia Islam.

The corrupt Northern elites should understand that we know the Wahhabi regime of Saudi Arabia gave you this contract to inflame sectarianism in Nigeria & target the peaceful followers of Shia Islam in Nigeria. In the past you had received millions of dollars yearly from Saudi Arabia to spread Shiaphobia but you woefully failed. The more you spread Shia hate, the more Nigerians turn to Shia Islam. Is it not time for you to repent & allow peace to rein? You are trying to demonize & humiliate Sheikh Zakzaky who have always been an advocate of peace, unity & mutual respect but what you succeeded in doing is making the world know about him & his message. Today thousands come to my websites to know more about Sheikh Zakzaky & his Movement & 60% of them are from the West.

Finally, my last word to all Nigerians is that we should reject Hate preachers. We should political & religious leaders who promote hate & have hate propagation as an agenda. Hate will never benefit Nigeria, hate will only breed wars, conflicts & senseless killings. Nigeria is the only country we have, if we allow evil & corrupt leaders like this corrupt northern elites to destroy our country then we will live to regret that.
#GodProtectZakzaky
Elbinawi.
elbinawi@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Rafidi: 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
Spokesman of the Shi'ite Islamic Movement in Nigeria talks to Channels TV and gives his own side of the story:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-cR7-Pgg4
Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by abulbanaat(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
إذا تكلم رجل شيعي فاحذر. إنهم إخوة الشيطان المنعون. نسأل الله السلامة.

1 Like

Re: My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North by Empiree: 12:05am On Dec 19, 2015
abulbanaat:
إذا تكلم رجل شيعي فاحذر. إنهم إخوة الشيطان المنعون. نسأل الله السلامة.
اتق الله

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / Ramadan 101 Class 1 - Understanding Ramadan / We Let Muslims Celebrate Eid El Kabir In Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.