Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out (53272 Views)

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification / How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data / Mtn Stops Xtracool As Directed By Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2015
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

The effect of $5 Billion grin grin grin grin

This is the change that we seek.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2015
I thought I was it was a fluke when it happened to me.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by ojun50(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2015
Yes oh
for the past 2weeks hv being calling free,textin nd browsing free bt wen it stop i will pay for it.
I no mtn very well.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Omotayor123(f): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2015
I haven't noticed... Maybe because I don't wait for my Data to exhaust before I renew!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by MathsChic(f): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone notice MTN no longer deduct your money whenever u exaust your data??

I was supprise when my browsing came to a halt when I was surffing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surffing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest supprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to countinue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surffing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

The effect of $5Billion grin grin grin grin

NCC recently warned(?) MTN, GLO and other networks about deducting customer balance after data subscription comes to an end. According to NCC, only Etisalat was compliant. They informed them that if the same thing persisted, they'd institute another fine. I guess they all are compliant now.

This was an easy thing all networks could have done. Instead they took the shorter route which not only saved them the necessary work, but enriched them unjustly when data subscription runs to zero.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2015
MathsChic:

NCC recently warned(?) MTN, GLO and other networks about deducting customer balance after data subscription comes to an end. According to NCC, only Etisalat was compliant. They informed them that if the same thing persisted, they'd institute another fine. I guess they all are compliant now.

This was an easy thing all networks could have done. Instead they took the shorter route which not only saved them the necessary work, but enriched them unjustly when data subscription runs to zero.

Yes, I`m aware of the warning but am supprised they are implementing it very fast.

That is the effect of no business as usual.

$5billion fine comes to mind.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2015
Omotayor123:
I haven't noticed... Maybe because I don't wait for my Data to exhaust before I renew!

Lols, I envy you oooo. Oya dash me 10GB of MTN data grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2015
ojun50:
Yes oh
for the past 2weeks hv being calling free,textin nd browsing free bt wen it stop i will pay for it.
I no mtn very well.

Your own don good be that oooo, oya transfer some free credits to me grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by shreck(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

I was supprise when my browsing came to a halt when I was surffing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surffing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest supprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to countinue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surffing continue.

To browse with credit once you exhaust your data send RESET to 131.
to stop using credit to browse send SUSPEND to 131.
(MTN)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
I thought I was it was a fluke when it happened to me.

Men, I was so supprise.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Omotayor123(f): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

Lols, I envy you oooo. Oya dash me 10GB of MTN data grin
undecided tongue
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2015
Omotayor123:

undecided tongue

Sey nah tongues out I asked from you or 10GB MTN data?

Ahbeg pack well jorrrrrrrrrr or Gehrararararaia woman grin

8 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Omotayor123(f): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

Sey nah tongues out I asked for you or 10GB MTN data?
tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by ojun50(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

Your own don good be that oooo, oya transfer some free credits to me grin

lol u no say dis kind one transfer no they work
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by MathsChic(f): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

Yes, I`m aware of the warning but am supprised they are implementing it very fast.

That is the effect of no business as usual.

$5billion fine comes to mind.
True

4 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Youngzedd(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
MathsChic:

Yes. That's true.

Its really annoying to be lossing money. I use to loss over 500 in some cases.

Good they later adhered to NCC instruction.

13 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Youngzedd(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

Sey nah tongues out I asked for you or 10GB MTN data?

She wanna dash ya a kiss. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by SirLegal(m): 1:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
Noticed it on my Simple Server.

Back then whenever I recharged my phone, and did the SS, I must make sure that I used every bit of remaining balance before starting the simple server. Or else... Am done for.

But now, I can recharge and use SS without making irrelevant calls just to exhaust it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Youngpo413: 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Wow!

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by lovely17(m): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
Yes been calling freely for a week now cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngzedd:

Yes. That's true.

Its really annoying to be lossing money. I use to loss over 500 in some cases.

Good they later adhered to NCC instruction.

And i think NCC should stop MTN from deducting people's credit without permission and the most annonying is that there is no way to unsubsribe. For one useless fashion TIPS and MUSIC. I feel like filling a case against this MTN Rubbish Network

17 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmagenius:

And i think NCC should stop MTN from deducting people's credit without permission and the most annonying is that there is no way to unsubsribe. For one useless fashion TIPS and MUSIC. I feel like filling a case against this MTN Rubbish Network

True talk, they auto subscribe people to caller tune, English learning etc.

At times they will send u Push msgs once u mistakenly press OK ur own don set be that. Even Glo used to do that push msg one.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Canme4u:

I was supprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surffing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surffing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest supprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to countinue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surffing continue.

NCC gave them warning . Only etisalat compiled till they received the shock of their life

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Chrisx1x(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Waw.i used to do dat mtn 5naira 4 5mb but whenever the data is exhaused they will just start deducting my money.the frustrating part is dat there isnt any way of checking ur remaing data.but with this,i think its now safe to use it. I also noticed airtel has repented.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Arian11(m): 12:32am On Dec 14, 2015
anytime i load they would remove 15 naira every 20 mins or so for an imaginary text i sent...

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by joyjames835: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2015
Chrisx1x:
Waw.i used to do dat mtn 5naira 4 5mb but whenever the data is exhaused they will just start deducting my money.the frustrating part is dat there isnt any way of checking ur remaing data.but with this,i think its now safe to use it. I also noticed airtel has repented.

Thats what am using right now, have done it like 3 times this morning alone grin am loving this walahi grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Dannyset(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hehehehehehe!
I pity for all of una! MTN will catch up with you in one way or the other. I have been automatically subscribed to a CallerTune I didn't ask for and I can't even deactivate. By force and by fire, they've been deducting their charges from my money.

Beware of MTN! I can't guarantee you there won't be any side effect of that promo! grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by allisonluvsu(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hope they surrendered their Guns dey use in stealing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Cheap Android Tablets In Nigeria / Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / GLO's TGIF Bundle, Weekend Data Plan - 3GB For #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.