Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,718 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (28740 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by koxyz: 10:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
Itsekiri are blood brothers to the Yorubas,that was why Awolowo favour them during the old Western Region.

2 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolomiurenyi(m): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
fratermathy:

Some Itsekiris won't like this statement. Itsekiri is Yoruboid but not a clan of Yoruba. The Olu of Itsekiri answers to no one like other Yoruba kings.

Idiot, he is THE OLU OF WARRI not THE OLU of ITSEKIRI.

2 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolomiurenyi(m): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
mrobruche:
Hey hold it! Olu of Itsekiri not Olu of Warri

But you know you can't remove it, idiot Urhobo boy, he is the OLU OF WARRI, go and hang ur self if it pains you most.

Long live the king
Long live IWERRE NATION
Long live WARRI KINGDOM
Ogiame suooooooooooooo.

3 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Irunmole(m): 12:04am On Dec 14, 2015
He is the Olu of Itsekiri and not the Olu of Warri, as there is a Supreme Court ruling reverting the misapplied title of Olu of Warri, which is a misnomer, to.the Olu of Itsekiri on the death of the last but one Olu in the person of the late Ogiame Atuwatse. The correct and appropriate title of the newly installed Olu, is the Olu of Itsekiri. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by kesternice: 12:05am On Dec 14, 2015
I have decided 2 stick with love hate is 2 great a burden 2 bear.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 14, 2015
Drchristian:

how many times have i told u dat u sudnt speak on behalf of d itsekiris r u alrt?

go and find ur urobo clan. itsekiris are benin + yorubas therefore they are oduduwa's clan. afterrall d language is 90% yoruba.

why is OPC in their land?

who b. this 1?.. y u dragging Urhobo into this ?..

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by kesternice: 12:35am On Dec 14, 2015
We spend so much time fight ourselves and forget d true course dats worth fighting for.
Most young guys from urhobor, itsekiriand ijaw are in ph or lag cos d beloved warri has notin 2 offer anymore.

While d pple were fighting d den governor Ibori was collecting 2billion every month 4 security.

Uduaghan also followed with d divide and rule politics. And now d entire city is becoming a village where we come and see our parents.

From wat am seeing it appear okowa is playing dsame card.

Plz wake up warri boys and girls. See beyond d picture being forced on ur face.

D term warri boy doesn't connote urhobor or itsekiri or ijaw boy. It's a common identity.

I don't need 2 state d problems of d town u knw dem advise ur sef cos I knw we are very sharp.

I would like 2 see us having an online forum where we can all meet and discuss and together demand wat is ours from d Govt.
Tnx
I hail

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by madenigga(m): 1:06am On Dec 14, 2015
lol.... see mumu people, itsekiri can be found in which Rivers state? is it there dream rivers or our own?
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 14, 2015
fratermathy:

Some Itsekiris won't like this statement. Itsekiri is Yoruboid but not a clan of Yoruba. The Olu of Itsekiri answers to no one like other Yoruba kings.
Thanks for reminding him. Our language might sound a little bit like yoruba,but we are not yorubas. Just like we have a yoruba speaking communities (the olukumis) inside an igbo-speaking towns in delta does not make them yorubas.

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by debinile(m): 1:57am On Dec 14, 2015
uu001:

Itsekiris are well-known to be terrible liars for ages. Claiming to be owners of Warri when they are fully aware that they are the strangers. Check population and LGA's stats. How can an ethnic group of roughly about 600,000 people claim to be owners and first settlers when the Urhobo's are hundred times their number?

To the outside world he maybe known as Olu of whatever but as a Warri born and brought up son in the 80s I see him as Olu of Itsekiri.

Also check where their dwelling place or communities in Warri is all by the waterside meaning they originate from the interlands. How can one person from the least minority tribe in Nigeria become a olu of place where you have two other major tribe in Nigeria as the originators/indigence of that land? grin grin grin grin grin

Go and sleep Jor, Go ask your forefather, go ask the Portugese and the rest of the world who own Warri. No urhobo or Ijaw man is from Warri, they were all brought in as a slave, it was when slavery was abolished they started getting married the Itsekiris. No pure Urhobo or ijaw persons are from Warri. The early u located your root the better for and ur families. Mind you the Itsekiri Populations is over 1, 000, 000 and the Population of the urhobo does not double that amount. And also late 200years ago the Population of the Itsekiris re far more than the Urhobos, is birth control and civilization that has reduce the Itsekiri Population. As at now Itsekiri couples don't give birth to more 3-4 Children, but the urhobo re still producing like 10-15 fifteen children. We can now see where the problems lies.

4 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by UwejaTimeyin(m): 4:19am On Dec 14, 2015
Long live the Ikenwole 1 of warri kingdom Ogbowuru, Afomasi, Afoweretsewere.... Ogiame Suo

2 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Ajamini(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2015
This Olu is the 20th king of the warri
kingdom. I want the urhobos and Ijaws to state their history here on nairaland who was their first king and the present and where in the warri kingdom they ruled.

2 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by uu001: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2015
debinile:

Go and sleep Jor, Go ask your forefather, go ask the Portugese and the rest of the world who own Warri. No urhobo or Ijaw man is from Warri, they were all brought in as a slave, we was when slavery was abolished thry started getting married the Itsekiris. No pure Urhobo or ijaw persons are from Warri. The early u located your root the better for and ur families. Mind you the Itsekiri Populations is over 1, 000, 000 and the Population of the urhobo does not double that amount. And also late 200years ago the Population of the Itsekiris re faf more than the Urhobos, is birth control and civilization that has reduce the Itsekiri Population. As at now Itsekir couples don't give birth to more 3-4 Children, but the urhobo re still ptoducing like 10-15 fifteen children. We can no see where the problems lies.

Hey man, na u need to go ask your lying forefathers. Stack illiterate. Where is your proof that 200yrs ago of the unfortunate existence of the Itsekiri's have they been more than the Urhobo's? And how can the Urhobos who you claim to be less in population be the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria since the Amalgamation of Nigeria? The Urhobos main home is known to be Delta. Where is your home? List your LGA's? Can the Itsekiri population decide an election in Delta state with which population? Itsekiri's have only one LGA in Delta State/Warri to be exact Warri North while the Urhobos and Ijaws have two in Warri. In addition, the Urhobos have 10 LGA's to themselves all-together as the major ethnic group in Delta State.

The Itsekiri can naturally not marry an Itsekiri because when it comes to marriage they don't trust themselves knowing fully if they don't inter marry they cant lay claim to other people's properties.

Stop your cheap propaganda. The recent supreme court judgement clearly put an end to the illegality called Olu of Warri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by donj84: 8:16am On Dec 14, 2015
Drchristian:

what are d differences? South South dats all
And dat south south dosnt mean anything to u.. Ok wen u filling any form like bio data, pls just put south or north or west or east depending on which of the cardinal points u from, then come back and give us your feedback
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by April4th(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2015
martineverest:
itsekiri owns Warri,urhobo and ijaw should chill

You this Itsekiri boy, you dey always like to cause trouble. How Itsekiri take own Warri? Nor go repeat this word for NPA area, if not you go collect.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by martineverest(m): 9:19am On Dec 14, 2015
April4th:

You this Itsekiri boy, you dey always like to cause trouble. How Itsekiri take own Warri? Nor go repeat this word for NPA area, if not you go collect.
bros, abeg, Dey your lane o...I be Edo/itsekiri
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by April4th(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2015
debinile:

Go and sleep Jor, Go ask your forefather, go ask the Portugese and the rest of the world who own Warri. No urhobo or Ijaw man is from Warri, they were all brought in as a slave, we was when slavery was abolished thry started getting married the Itsekiris. No pure Urhobo or ijaw persons are from Warri. The early u located your root the better for and ur families. Mind you the Itsekiri Populations is over 1, 000, 000 and the Population of the urhobo does not double that amount. And also late 200years ago the Population of the Itsekiris re faf more than the Urhobos, is birth control and civilization that has reduce the Itsekiri Population. As at now Itsekir couples don't give birth to more 3-4 Children, but the urhobo re still ptoducing like 10-15 fifteen children. We can no see where the problems lies.

The Itsekiris are not up to 1Mil in population, this rubbish was started by Awolowo who staffed the father of the late Olu and changed the title from Olu of Itsekiri to Olu of Warri. It's common knowledge that the name Warri stems from the Ijaw word Wari "which means house in Ijaw language". The Itsekiri's are originally from Igbesen in Edo state, so i don't understand how you can lay claim to Warri just because you were allowed to come and settle there.

2 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by April4th(m): 9:27am On Dec 14, 2015
martineverest:
bros, abeg, Dey your lane o...I be Edo/itsekiri

I dey my lane, but you know say your people are from Igbesen Edo State?
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by martineverest(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2015
April4th:

I dey my lane, but you know say your people are from Igbesen Edo State?
and urhobo ate also from Edo state,too
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by fratermathy(m): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2015
jolomiurenyi:

Idiot, he is THE OLU OF WARRI not THE OLU of ITSEKIRI.
I don't know know why some of you guys are just so hostile like mad people. I created this thread and was even correcting a misconception. All you could do was insult me. Even after the good things I've said in the caveat of my post. I see why some of you guys are being decimated by the Ijaws everyday. Kindly stop the hostility and be more like Onuwaje and Goodboiyy, your kindreds.

2 Likes

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolomiurenyi(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
fratermathy:

I don't know know why some of you guys are just so hostile like mad people. I created this thread and was even correcting a misconception. All you could do was insult me. Even after the good things I've said in the caveat of my post. I see why you some of you guys are being decimated by the Ijaws everyday. Kindly stop the hostility and be more like Onuwaje and Goodboiyy, your kindreds.

Bunkum.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bintexy(f): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
I am an Urhobo from Warri South where the supposed Olu of whatever's palace is. Now my question is "If he is the olu of Warri, why did they decorate only a section of Warri during his coronation?

Secondly, his coronation took place in the riverine area of Warri not the main Warri town where his palace is located.

Thirdly they have been able to fool the world that he is the olu of warri but they know very well just like they know their names that in warri he is only king to a quarter of the population.

My grandmother is Itsekiri but I can categorically tell you that the Itsekiris are suffering from complex and as a result seeking relevance in the scheme of things thereby deceiving the world with lies.

I am not beefing, I am only stating facts.

Itsekiri communities in Warri south are Ekurede Itsekiri, Ajamimogha, Ubeji, Ugbuwangwe and where again? kindly add yours so I can mention over 12 communities in Warri South alone that he does not rule over.

Itsekiri and Lies are like Bread and Butter.

We love you guys but you beef the Urhobos and Ijaws like they are responsible for making you a minority.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by uu001: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
Bintexy:
I am an Urhobo from Warri South where the supposed Olu of whatever's palace is. Now my question is "If he is the olu of Warri, why did they decorate only a section of Warri during his coronation?

Secondly, his coronation took place in the riverine area of Warri not the main Warri town where his palace is located.

Thirdly they have been able to fool the world that he is the olu of warri but they know very well just like they know their names that in warri he is only king to a quarter of the population.

My grandmother is Itsekiri but I can categorically tell you that the Itsekiris are suffering from complex and as a result seeking relevance in the scheme of things thereby deceiving the world with lies.

Itsekiri communities in Warri south are Ekurede Itsekiri, Ajamimogha, Ubeji, Ugbuwangwe and where again? kindly add yours so I can mention over 12 communities in Warri South alone that he does not rule over.

We love you guys but you beef the Urhobos and Ijaws like they are responsible for making you a minority.

You nailed It!

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by owumzy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
mrobruche:
Hey hold it! Olu of Itsekiri not Olu of Warri

Nothing can change this fact grin grin grin grin
He is the 'OLU OF WARRI' gazetted and internationally recognized
Go back to history my dear one
No be today o grin
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by owumzy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
Irunmole:
He is the Olu of Itsekiri and not the Olu of Warri, as there is a Supreme Court ruling reverting the misapplied title of Olu of Warri, which is a misnomer, to.the Olu of Itsekiri on the death of the last but one Olu in the person of the late Ogiame Atuwatse. The correct and appropriate title of the newly installed Olu, is the Olu of Itsekiri. Thank you.

Misinformation grin
All boils down to jealousy
I guess even your traditional ruler came to pay homage here grin

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bolaadu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
urhobos no dey use condom ni.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bolaadu(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
Bintexy:

broda population is not determine d indigen of a particular place if minority lack focus and education majority will takeover their land.

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by uu001: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
Bolaadu:
broda population is not determine d indigen of a particular place if minority lack focus and education majority will takeover their land.

Unfortunately, my friend you seem to misunderstand the issue minority are claiming ownership it is not a case of lack of focus/education. Lack of education does not wipe away a mans history, facts of Nigerian history already pegs them as one of minority riverine settlers who have their monarch as Nana of Itsekiri history never indicated them as having an Olu of Warri if not for Awolowo who was hell bent on marginalizing the Urhobos and Ijaws for is political gains.

**They cannot list their communities in Warri where they claim to own.***

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by macof(m): 3:42am On Dec 15, 2015
fratermathy:

What is Yoruboid what is yoruba? aren't the Yoruboid language speakers in Togo and Benin republic Yorubas? Many of whom don't speak a language close to yoruba like itsekiri which is just Modified Ilaje language. All this unnecessary disattachment.. listen everybody needs to gather companions and form a union. . Itsekiri cannot stand alone. Best is to either fall in to the Edo group of people or Yorubas. ..
No king has to answer to anyone
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by macof(m): 3:44am On Dec 15, 2015
njays24:
Thanks for reminding him. Our language might sound a little bit like yoruba,but we are not yorubas. Just like we have a yoruba speaking communities (the olukumis) inside an igbo-speaking towns in delta does not make them yorubas.

What makes a people yoruba? Is there something that exists with all yorubas but doesn't with itsekiri? You'll say Bini influence? What about Owo, Ilaje?

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bintexy(f): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2015
Everybody in Benin is answerable to the Oba of Benin so why is everyone in Warri especially majority not answerable to your olu?

@Bolaadu: I need an answer to my question.

Bolaadu:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure / 21 Ibadan Obas Drop Crowns, Reconcile With Olubadan / PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife At Eid Prayer Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.