Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari (30908 Views)

Nigerian Musicians With Shehu Shagari In 1982 (Throwback Photo) / 2015 Elections: How Jonathan's Agents, Opc Tried To Eliminate Me - Ex LASAA MD / Imo North: Appeal Court Sends Senator Achonu Of PDP Packing, Orders Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by zinachidi(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
KADUNA-President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the electoral victory of All Progressives Congress, APC, in 2015 general elections would not have been made possible save for the contributions of Nigeria’s musicians and artistes.

He said that the musicians during the campaigns drove home the change message which permeated the nooks and crannies of the country.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/300x200ximage16-300x200.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZagT_xVQn8.webp[/img]President Muhammadu Buhari and the musicians at KADAMFEST

Declaring the Kaduna Music Festival (KADAMFEST) open, on Saturday in Kaduna, the president stated that the performers activities helped in mobilizing Nigerians to vote out the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

The president therefore expressed his appreciation to the industry, saying that it has earned recognition in his government.

“Many were the efforts made to build a strong party and persuade people that an alternative exists to the incompetence of the PDP. We politicians did our best. But the story of 2015 cannot be honestly told without acknowledging the contributions of creative people to the APC’s success.

“Many actors, musicians and writers – from different strands and in various styles- drew Nigerians to the banner of change. In speaking the language of the people, enlightening and mobilising them with words and images they could understand, I doubt if any politician surpassed the likes of Dauda Rarara and other musicians.

“You – our artists gave hope to our people and persuaded them to believe that things could really change. Musicians and actors across the length and breadth of Nigeria mobilized the citizenry to stand up for peaceful, orderly and transparent elections. You preached both peace and hope leading to democratic change.

“This application of creative talent to the cause of political change in a dire moment for our country deserves eternal gratitude. As President, I say a formal thank you today on behalf of myself, the APC and our victorious candidates.

“In appreciating talent, we have a duty to ensure that we do not turn our backs, or reduce the creative sector to something that we engage only during elections. We who have been inspired or benefitted in other ways from creative talent owe an obligation to help ensure that the talented can live on their gifts. Those who identified with us, sang, danced and rapped for us when we were seeking office have earned the right to our recognition.

“It is in this spirit that I commend the Kaduna State Government for organising the Kaduna Annual Music Festival (KADAMFEST) which offers a platform to acknowledge musicians from all over the country for helping to make 2015 the year of change.

“KADAMFEST also reflects the Kaduna State Government’s approach to giving momentum to the growth of the creative industry in the state. In creating jobs, government often has to provide funds and facilities to catalyse the opportunities.

“It is noteworthy, however, that the Kaduna State Government has attracted private sector sponsorship for this festival, and did not have to put in its own resources,” President Buhari said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/2015-elections-how-nigerian-musicians-artistes-sent-pdp-packing-buhari/

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by bigeagleeye(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
smiley
Truth be told, only a few musicians can fit in into this bracket! But since the man is for nobody, it is nice he simply thanked everybody! cheesy

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by frankay430(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
ok
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Trut(m): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting God save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked. Were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replies; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again grin grin grin

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ok
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by crispberry(f): 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
Good
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by iteleaye(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
Una try, next election make una ready sing carry me enter sef...
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
In appreciating talent, we have a duty to ensure that we do not turn our backs, or reduce the creative sector to something that we engage only during elections. We who have been inspired or benefitted in other ways from creative talent owe an obligation to help ensure that the talented can live on their gifts. Those who identified with us, sang, danced and rapped for us when we were seeking office have earned the right to our recognition.

Its good to appreciate those that sacrificed a lot to get you to power, the actors and musicians did a lot and my Sai Buhari is grateful about there efforts.

What about he other musicians that was passing fake news that when my Sai Buhari gets to power that he will turn this country into Muslim country.

We need to give my Sai Buhari time, people keeps on criticizing him to the point that they said he doesn't support young talents but since he got to power Nigeria retained there under 17 world championship and now for the first time win the African U23 championship for the first time. I know its not by his effort but i think his making nice changes in the sports department.

Sai Buhari

15 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by DickDastardly(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
angry
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by ztar(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
I need to authenticate the truism of this claim before I comment.... Please bear with me... I deyy come....
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by tobiyayo: 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
okay
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by kennyman2000(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Innodon(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
Okay
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by musicwriter(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Olemi700: 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
Buhari always talks out of point grin grin grin, I can't believe that this man is an illiterate or brainless as some people said cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Oceemo(m): 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Make believe
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by anonimi: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
And they played for FREE abi? grin
Or it was the ATM of Rivers and Osun people's money that paid for it

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2885358_img20150922174134_jpeg0fdff65c2baa2dc29d70b69a4da476f6

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Galacious1: 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
Perhaps the northern based artists cuz in the West here they were busy dinning with GEJ

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Zico5(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
Good, but very few of those artists know what change really stand for. Many were carried away by GEJ fraudulent money
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Beehshorp(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
Keep talking about Pdp while u leave the important things u need to talk about...
Are u dis dull brainless and senseless?
I av no other thing to say dan to tell u mr man to Receive Sense

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by seunlayi(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
[size=15pt]The same way apc will be sent away in three years time [/size]

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Aromas: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Trut:
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting God save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked. Were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replies; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again grin grin grin
Lia Muhammed must here this grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Joythah(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Masugudu sugudu was a hit song in the north west. It really drove home Buhari's campaign message.
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by efilefun(m): 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
anonimi:
And they played for FREE abi? grin
Or it was the ATM of Rivers and Osun people's money that paid for it

"No human life is worth my ambition but every penny in the nation's treasury no matter what its budgeted for is worth my second term" GEJ2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Buhari is not a scam and he will never be!
Any man, woman, boy, girl, wailers, enemy, praying or hoping for Buhari to fail; that fellow will never have a successful 2016
AMEN!
NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by gift01: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Onyeka Onwenu, Daddy Showkey and Sammy Okposo must see this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by seunlayi(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Olekumaster:
Anybody praying or hoping for Buhari to fail will never have a successful 2016
AMEN!
but Mr..... Gmb has failed in the last six months. I prayed he recover from the failure sha

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
The worst thing about Nigeria's problem right now is that the masses have not realised that APC and PDP should NEVER be voted for again!!! Many APC senators were once in PDP. They are the same people. Best to chase both of them away and flood leadership with youths who have never held or run for any political office.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by freethug: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Guy, we elected you to work, not to be talking about this, your hard on for PDP never go down?

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
bigeagleeye:
smiley
Truth be told, only a few musicians can fit in into this bracket! But since the man is for nobody, it is nice he simply thanked everybody! cheesy
you are right, Don Jazzy, olamide, flavour et al tried ooo. NO thanks to nollywood money dealers for praise singing GEJ.
Re: 2015 Elections: How Nigerian Musicians, Artistes Sent PDP Packing – Buhari by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Jimeta Police-Headquarters Yola Bomb Blast Today / Ijare, Ondo Seizes 150 Cows For Destroying Farmlands / Ajimobi, Amaechi, Ganduje, Abubakar In A Meeting In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.