Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] (31408 Views)

Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation / First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by INTERMAN: 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
Coronation thanks giving of Oba Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Ogunwusi Ojaja 11 @ St
Paul's Church Ayegbaju.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by chocolateme(f): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ok.

FTC
Chocolate cream

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Ojestas(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
Last Days switch to xtianity

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Niyeal(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
God bless my king, i wil come home wen d airport is ready so i wil have where to my jet.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Niyeal(m): 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
God bless my king, i wil come home wen d airport is ready so i wil have where to land my jet.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by delishpot: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
One leg for shrine one leg for church smiley smiley classic interpretation of give unto cesar what is cesar's.....

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
I do not suppport this at all. The Church is not a Temple of Oduduwa and therefore it should be no throne set up in it for Arole Oodua to mount. That throne is blocking view of those sitting in pews behind him. This is not different from when Alaafin wives were allowed to stand and pray in front with men in a mosque. The children of Oduduwa should not tolerate this nonsense, whether in Christianity or Islam. The tenets of worship in Christianity and Islam calls for all to follow the creed without exception. If Obas are unable to do that they should worship in their shrines.

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by onoja12: 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
this is laughable, a traditional ruler, the head of African tradition doing thanks given for becoming the head to another religion on its own. i wonder when the pope would come to honor the Gods. black people and slave mentality.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by oluwazino(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
grin grin na only ham sitdown 4 front roll. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by JingoOAU(m): 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
onoja12:
this is laughable, a traditional ruler, the head of African tradition doing thanks given for becoming the head to another religion on its own. i wonder when the pope would come to honor the Gods. black people and slave mentality.

Tho you have a point

Be that as it may, even the same traditional religion you mentioned, they have varieties

Which of the traditional religion would u want him to follow?

Is it sango?
Amadioha?
Soponna?
Oluweri-oya?
Obatala?
Ogun?
Etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by onoja12: 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Christianity has varieties, so also those Islam

JingoOAU:

Tho you have a point

Be that as it may, even the same traditional religion you mentioned, they have varieties

Is it sango?
Amadioha?
Soponna?
Oluweri-oya?
Obatala?
Ogun?
Etc

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
JingoOAU:

Tho you have a point

Is it sango?
Amadioha?
Soponna?
Oluweri-oya?
Obatala?
Ogun?

Etc

The Ooni actually worships the two bold above in your post. These is just two out of several. You must have also seen his pictures with the Ogboni ibile clothe (white ofi)-traditional ogboni across his shoulder.

On Olojo day, the Ooni appears after several days of seclusion communing with the ancestors and praying for his people. The Ooni later appears in public with the Are crown, which is believed to be the original crown used by Oduduwa to lead a procession of traditional Chiefs and Priests to perform at the Shrine of Ogun.

As the Ooni designate, Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi continue to undergo seclusion rites at Ilofi, Nigerian Tribune reliably gathered on Wednesday that the traditional rites being performed would climax in Obatala shrine.

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
JingoOAU:

Tho you have a point

Is it sango?
Amadioha?
Soponna?
Oluweri-oya?
Obatala?
Ogun?
Etc

Amadioha is not a Yoruba belief and has no belonging in your list.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Favolly(f): 12:35am On Dec 14, 2015
So the church prepared a throne for him? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Saurab: 1:32am On Dec 14, 2015
This is ridiculous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 14, 2015
He wore a cap to church? Wait oo, is that a bishop wearing traditional attire?

Chai, uwa mmebi.undecided

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 14, 2015
Oga were u dey?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by haxorDelite(m): 3:16am On Dec 14, 2015
Wetin man no go see.
Meanwhile,

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Desola(f): 3:40am On Dec 14, 2015
Na wa o!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 14, 2015
oluwazino:
grin grin na only ham sitdown 4 front roll. grin

Bros no be roll na row.

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by duduade: 3:52am On Dec 14, 2015
The King of all religions. ..
Mo gbe idi fun yin oooo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by joymark276: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2015
brainbucks:
Last Days switch to xtianity

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by lonelydora: 7:10am On Dec 14, 2015
There can never be two captains on a ship.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Demmocrats(m): 7:59am On Dec 14, 2015
I so much love this dude, he got class and swag.

Long Live the King, may you rule well.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by omoadeleye(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2015
Uhmm awesome
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2015
Nice One.
Christianity is indeed the way and the Light.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Timileyin(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2015
after using 21 heads and 50 virgins for initiation sacrifice... you couldn't help but thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:00am On Dec 14, 2015
King of kings
Oba awon oba
Eze de eze
Seriki over seriki
Dats d name of my God

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 14, 2015
End Time Ooni

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Eyonu Awon Agba Todaju / Kingmakers Pick Bashir Aminu As New Emir Of Zazzau / Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.