Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (39177 Views)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant / BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Doing His Job In Benin City (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
I under your plight,the truth about life is that working like hell can't make one rich,but been smart at what you do with good initiative can make you rich.Don't forget that life is not all about riches because the rich also cry.
mrking3:
Your friend is confused! Obviously from the Last paragraph!! He works with an American company earning that high figure yet, he's complaining! I know people that works like hell in this country and still doesn't earn close to what he claims he earn. Abeg, he should decide for himself!
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
The guy is an expert and I don't think you can replace him.
duduade:
I feel for your friend sha
But anyways.
Abeg drop the name of the company here ...
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
He's got two houses,cars,landed properties and already have a patent for the product he designed which is part of the business he's about to start.I think he's good to go.
CrazyMan:
A lot of young Nigerian graduates earn far less under more terrible working conditions and still hope and believe things will get better someday.

Eight years is enough time for him to have saved something reasonable to become a boss of his own considering what he earns per month.

My advice is that he should start the business while maintaining his current job, put his wife there and monitor his profit after removing his capital, cost of maintenance, tax and other expenses.

If he's happy with that he sees, then he can happily quit his current job,

Good luck.
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Don't forget that your wages is directly proportional to your expenses when you don't invest.Also,he lives in his personal house,drives good cars and owns some properties which are all potential assets apart from the cars.So,his 8 years of work isn't really in vain.
mrvitalis:
This guy is not serious... how can u earn half a million for 8 years and ur investment can only generate 200k a month..
... now I believe some people can't be rich no matter how much u give them
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
Your full of wisdom!
Psalm18:
Family is more important or he should relocate his family closer to him.
If this is not possible, he should quit ASAP and carry on with his business. 200K he earns from his business is not bad money ...that's also a good pay.

Children don't get spoiled from too much love, they get spoiled when parents substitute presents for presence.
Those kids and his wife needs him more than any money, gifts he thinks he can buy for them.
Taking it further, I just want to say, boys growing up aim to be like their dads, from manner of dressing, speech, everything you know of, once as a father you are not active in their lives, they will substitute you for another male figure - could be a teacher, an uncle, anybody else, someone in the neighborhood. Someone you don't know their own values.
Let your friend be wise, money is not everything. Better to raise good kids than not to try and change grown adults.
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Drilling.
achu442:
He is a Seafarer right??...We are all faces with the same experience.... Working as a sailor.
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
You're very intelligent.Same question I asked him and he said his company can't afford to re deploy him to the office because he's an asset and a field Engineer.
dustydee:
I feel your friends pain. It is not easy to be away from one's family especially when kids are involved. He should weigh his options carefully. Is it possible for him to be redeployed to the office? Is his wife employed? in case his business slows down they can have something to fall back on.
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
There's a stage you attain in life,you become an asset and when you become an asset,things like getting a job no longer scare you.I've left three different jobs that pays more than my friend's without thinking twice.The guy can get another job if he quits,but his problem is that he doesn't want to quit and still go back working for another company.
metorichmond:
Bros with more than 500k as monthly salary u can neva be sad with such work. na from village de don table ur Mata ooo, u beta see pastor or imam asap.
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
He's an Engr.working for a multinational company.
joseph1832:
What line of work is your friend into and what's the name of the compAny he works for?
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
Not 6 months at a stretch,one month in and off.
egbaguy:
I am wondering the kind of job it is......perhaps,d guy leaves away frm his family. Oil firms dnt work six months away frm home nah. Abi,wetin una think? Worst av heard is, a month offshore,a month onshore......
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by joseph1832(m): 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
nyben4eva:
He's an Engr.working for a multinational company.
And the multinational company doesn't have a name?
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
I earn more than my friend and I've quit three different companies.Nigeria may be very difficult,but everyone doesn't really feel the same level of hardship.So,don't judge everyone based on what you think or the little you've seen.
Leez:

seun pls give these fiction ppl dia own section abeg
who in todays naija will be earnin dat much and be angry
mtcheeeèw
iranu

1 Like

Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by rhames(m): 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
No matter how good you are and what you do, there comes a time when you lose passion for what you do. In his case , he has made adequate sacrifices for his family to be convenient.

His head cannot take the 8-5 anymore and the training of his kids and the closeness
Re: He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job by mjbaba: 7:32am On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
This guy is not serious... how can u earn half a million for 8 years and ur investment can only generate 200k a month..
... now I believe some people can't be rich no matter how much u give them
Read again. He never said he's been earning 500k since he joined. He probably was just promoted to the 500k position

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Electrician Fell Off Ladder In Popular Abia Hotel, Dies (Graphic Pictures) / Chartered Insurance Institute Of Nigeria (ciin) / 70 Best Out Of Office Messages That Always Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.