Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. (1804 Views)

What Will You Do If You Wife Does This ... Shocking Picture :o / Guys,if You're To Pick One,which One Will You Pick? Front Or Back?(pic) / When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by OneNaija(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
What will you Do?
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
Teach her like my hubby did me.

Or send her to one of your friends wifes to learn like he has also done for me.

Addtionally I have also download recipes off the net and just cooked it.

http://www.motherlandnigeria.com/recipes.html#recipes
this page is booked marked both here at the office and at home.

She has to have a willingness to learn and you should have discovered that in her before you married her.

If you are just now finding out that she does not want to learn then that is your bed and you must lay in it.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Teach her.
Exactly undecided
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by smooooooth: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
how u take marry who no sabi cook nigeria food in the first place?  undecided
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by bblacky(f): 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2009
smooooooth:

how u take marry who no sabi cook nigeria food in the first place? undecided
maybe na white woman

all u gota do is teach her.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by OneNaija(m): 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
I dont know how to cook it except my little sister who come for visit can cook it but she is not ready to learn it and she prefer I eat how own food and i am tired and I always fly to Lagos once a weeks to eat there.I am really tired for that trips always.She does not want to learn she prefer I eat her own type which I am sick and tired of it.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by Ben13: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
if u fink you've got no time to teach her, let her be and u both starve to hunger
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by smooooooth: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Addtionally I have also download recipes off the net and just cooked it.

i dey fear this kind wife, na poti/concotion the food dey turn out to be

bblacky:

maybe na white woman

all u gota do is teach her.

how i go take teach am, white woman fit pound yam? grin
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
OneNaija:

I dont know how to cook it except my little sister who come for visit can cook it but she is not ready to learn it and she prefer I eat how own food and i am tired and I always fly to Lagos once a weeks to eat there.I am really tired for that trips always.She does not want to learn she prefer I eat her own type which I am sick and tired of it.

That my dear is your own fault.

You should found that out before you said I do.

So contiune doing what you are doing.

sorry but that is your own cross to bear.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by OneNaija(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Ben20001  What ur Business na? I say I dont know how to cook it and she is not ready to learn it from my little sister who know how to cook it.oboy i dey hunger for eba and egusi soup.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2009
smooooooth:

i dey fear this kind wife, na poti/concotion the food dey turn out to be

Actually everything I have tried to make on my own has turned out wonderfully.  My husband says I cook just like his mom  grin and he was very close to her.

I have always been a self-taught type of girl/woman anyway.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2009
OneNaija:

@Ben20001  What ur Business na? I say I dont know how to cook it and she is not ready to learn it from my little sister who know how to cook it.oboy i dey hunger for eba and egusi soup.
Any friends that can cook it then
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by bblacky(f): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2009
u don how to cook, so eat am anyhow she cook am, simple
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by trimandtrendy(f): 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2009
sit her down and explain to her, that one of the very imortant things in marriage is the mans food.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2009
trimandtrendy:

sit her down and explain to her, that one of the very imortant things in marriage is the mans food.

Dont you think he should have done this before saying "I Do"?

Why marry someone knowing how they are then try to change them after marriage?
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by StrStruck(f): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2009
Maybe you should ask your little sister to teach you and then you can cook for yourself.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by smooooooth: 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2009
sistawoman:

Actually everything I have tried to make on my own has turned out wonderfully.  My husband says I cook just like his mom  grin and he was very close to her.

I have always been a self-taught type of girl/woman anyway.

what you expect him to say, or u want him to sleep on the couch and miss all that super sistawoman moves at nite. cheesy
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by C2H5OH(f): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
smooooooth:

what you expect him to say, or u want him to sleep on the couch and miss all that super sistawoman moves at nite. cheesy
lmao grin
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by OneNaija(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2009
@sistawoman wetin be your own na?Abeg if you nur get advice abeg leave me jara stop saying nonsense.abi i nur fit marry person wen i love from my heart just because she nur sabi cook food.

The problem I dont have much time to learn and cook because i work.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by bblacky(f): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Maybe you should ask your little sister to teach you and then you can cook for yourself.
gbam
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2009
smooooooth:

LOL cheesy

What and ever. . . . talk to the hand.

He always invites his friends over to sample my dishes. And smiles so proudly when they are licking thier fingers and singing my prasies tongue
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
OneNaija:

@sistawoman wetin be your own na?Abeg if you nur get advice abeg leave me jara stop saying nonsense.abi i nur fit marry person wen i love from my heart just because she nur sabi cook food.

This is my concern:

Did you know that she did not want to learn before you married her?
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by bblacky(f): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
so leave d woman alone, continue eatin outside, na love blind ur eyes wey make u no check 4 all dis b4 bringin her in
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by smooooooth: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
OneNaija:

guy sharrap!! she dey talk sense, why u marry person wey no sabi cook, when u know say u like food

oya since na love push you, then chop love and stop complaining.

sistawoman:

LOL cheesy

He always invites his friends over to sample my dishes. And smiles so proudly when they are licking thier fingers and singing my prasies tongue

guys can go to any lenght when they need to make a lie look true. prolly u shld put a camera in the dinning hall and see why the dishes get empty really fast anytime u go get some more juice, they all pour it in dat bag they bring to the table.  cheesy
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by sistawoman: 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2009
smooooooth:

guys can go to any lenght when they need to make a lie look true. prolly u shld put a camera in the dinning hall and see why the dishes get empty really fast anytime u go get some more juice, they all pour it in dat bag they bring to the table. cheesy

LOL cheesy cheesy

I think I will do that next time.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by trimandtrendy(f): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2009
lol. just ry and talk to her sha

my bf on the other hand loves american food, and when i saw that it was hindering us somehow, i got him to start teaching me how to make those things one after the other. so try and teach her, or at worst carry her to yetkem cooking school
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by oleigh(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
wetin i marry if my wife no fit cook nigerian food,she go return to her father's house ni oo
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by shezy(f): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2009
sistawoman:

LOL cheesy

sisterwoman are you part of nollywood stars?

una too like nollywood show for una house
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by biola44: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2009
u should av expressed ur fears b4 marriage, but u can also teach her wink
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by nethacker(m): 11:55am On Jun 05, 2009
e bad?or wetin do am? if u teach am na crime? mmmsshhhhheeewwwww hiisssss sad
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by ell77(f): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
Your best bet is to teach her yourself. Maybe she just feels like she is being forced to change. I am sure you did not make it seem so important to her before marriage. You probably wanted her to marry you at any cost because you loved her so much. The two of you should be able to compromise. You should learn your food first, teach her and then also learn her food. Ask her if you can cook each others food. Like Mon-Fri she cooks the Nigerian dish you helped her learn and weekends you cook her food. It can be a bonding experience. If she also works though you might need to make it a more even split.

You said you work and that is why you cannot learn. Throughout your life have you been working? Also how long do you think it will take you to learn one dish? As long as it takes you to fly to Lagos?

Some people just don't like hypocrisy. You are saying it is so important for you to eat this dish, yet you don't know how to make it yourself. Forget being a 'man' - the excuse i know people are ready with. If you landed a job in London today and went there quickly, who would cook your Egusi for you, if you did not know how? Would you go to restaraunts (£20 per Nigerian so like £900 per month - most of your salary) or eat English food (which you would still have to learn or eat ready meals) or fly to Lagos every month (again cash and time) or starve?

Please the best leaders lead by example. As the 'leader' of your home, learn the things you want to teach others. This goes for any example i.e. housechores, respect, work-ethic, kindness, parenting, loyalty etc. Your married life will be easier if you can. Hope this helps you open your eyes and mind.
Re: Guys: If Your Wife Does Not Know How To Cook Nigeria Food. by djcrucifix(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
before i even get married to her, she must have prepared various types of naija delicacies so i will know if she sabi or not. if she no sabi then it's bye bye.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Night Hour Toasting / Romance Language / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.