Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,535 members, 7,801,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement (2614 Views)

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / Words Of Encouragement From The Bible / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Relocatusa(f): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2009
Please pray for me and send me words of encouragement, I have been struggling with homosexuality and I feel myself being drawn to it again. I am so ashamed. Help me. Your texts will be a constant reminder and will fortify me in my battle. 08023207844. Please help, Yemisi

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by pilgrim1(f): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2009
@Relocatusa,

Your boldness and honesty drew me to say a few things, which I hope will encourage you. If nothing else, I'll be praying for you. Second, perhaps you need to look for people who will be of practical help, so you're not fighting alone.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by huxley2(m): 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
MY dear, prayers are the LAST things you need. You need liberating from the grip of barbaric doctrines of bible and Christianity. You will only become sad and depress if you repress your natural instinct.

The question you have got to ask yourself is this - Where did this tendecy for homosexuality come from?
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by pilgrim1(f): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
huxley2:

The question you have got to ask yourself is this - Where did this tendecy for homosexuality come from?

Where, please?
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by noetic2: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2009
huxley2:

MY dear, prayers are the LAST things you need. You need liberating from the grip of barbaric doctrines of bible and Christianity. You will only become sad and depress if you repress your natural instinct.
Another false statement that cannot be proven.

u tell us. . . .where?
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Relocatusa(f): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
Honestly I do not know. It has been since my school days where my school mother introduced me to it. I talk about it because it helps me realise and deal with the urge. I might be thinking about doing it when a text message suddenly comes on my phone. It as if God is warning me and reminding me to resist. Thanks to those who have sent me texts, please keep them coming, it saves me. Text me on 08023207844
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by pilgrim1(f): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
Relocatusa:

Honestly I do not know. It has been since my school days where my school mother introduced me to it. I talk about it because it helps me realise and deal with the urge.

Initially I'd almost asked a question for the answer you've given, as highlighted above. Don't let it slide, seek some good help - and be strong.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Image123(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Relocatusa
sorry about your case. Anyway, you're already on the path to victory. You've asked for prayers, a sign that you believe in the SUPERnatural. Well the Word of God says 'He that confesses his sins and FORSAKES it shall have mercy.
You've taken a bold step to confess your sins, more than these, you should also confess it in personal prayer to God. Have the WILLingness to forsake it, and I'm telling you, God will respond with mercy. He'll have mercy on you, and save you from your sins. Then you need to remember, evil communication corrupts good manners. You need to stay away from people that have the tendency for engaging in homosexuality. Am sure you can't go and rape another girl. It takes another willing person, so stay away from them. And get busy. Keep your mind and body busy. People are praying for you. You'll stand.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Image123(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Relocatusa
sorry about your case. Anyway, you're already on the path to victory. You've asked for prayers, a sign that you believe in the SUPERnatural. Well the Word of God says 'He that confesses his sins and FORSAKES it shall have mercy.
You've taken a bold step to confess your sins, more than these, you should also confess it in personal prayer to God. Have the WILLingness to forsake it, and I'm telling you, God will respond with mercy. He'll have mercy on you, and save you from your sins. Then you need to remember, evil communication corrupts good manners. You need to stay away from people that have the tendency for engaging in homosexuality. Am sure you can't go and rape another girl. It takes another willing person, so stay away from them. And get busy. Keep your mind and body busy. People are praying for you. You'll stand.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Image123(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Relocatusa
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by JeSoul(f): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
Relocatusa:

Please pray for me and send me words of encouragement, I have been struggling with homosexuality and I feel myself being drawn to it again. I am so ashamed. Help me. Your texts will be a constant reminder and will fortify me in my battle. 08023207844. Please help, Yemisi

My sister I commend you for being brave and bold enough to ask for help. And by the unfailing grace of God you will overcome this and will live to be a testimony to others. Continue to drench yourself in the word and in the company of fellow believers. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead and direct you in everything and it will be well with you.

Father I thank you for our sister and pray in the name of your Son Jesus Christ that you grant her the strength to overcome this great temptation, not by might nor by power, but by Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus name. Amen.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by AmAlone: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2009
I assume you are talking of being Gay(Lesbianism) cool cool cool

abeg be what you wanto be wink wink wink
don't push it!
abi na 'God' create you so?
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Chuckdee(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
@poster,

Are you really sure you want to liberate yourself from Lesbianism or did you just set up this tread for cheap popularity cos on going through your posts (yes, that's actually possible here if you didn't realize at first), You have been seeking sexual partners and mates even after the date you posted this!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=345415;sa=showPosts

Na wah oo. I suggest you make up ur mind first and know what you want. HE helps those who help themselves!

God loves us all.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Relocatusa(f): 12:40am On Jun 27, 2009
Chuckdee:

@poster,

Are you really sure you want to liberate yourself from Lesbianism or did you just set up this tread for cheap popularity cos on going through your posts (yes, that's actually possible here if you didn't realize at first), You have been seeking sexual partners and mates even after the date you posted this!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=345415;sa=showPosts

Na wah oo. I suggest you make up ur mind first and know what you want. HE helps those who help themselves!

Lucky for you that you do not have to battle any temptations. I cannot help but seek sexual partners especially when they are so easily available. If you continue to go through the posts, you will find that I did not follow up on any of them. I do not know what you seek yourself but if you find popularity so important, I do not.

Keep your prayers to yourself and leave people like me to continue to seek solutions.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Chuckdee(m): 1:57am On Jun 27, 2009
Well, if you say so. I wish you all the luck you deserve. All the very best.
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by manmustwac(m): 2:57am On Jun 27, 2009
Prayer is nothing but superstition. Words of encouragement may inspire you but its action u need to motivate u. Giving up something that u enjoy doing is going to be a lot harder than u think. Its requires a lot of hard work and determination you've got to make your mind off it and stay focussed.

Wish you all the best smiley
Re: I Need Your Prayers And Words Of Encouragement by Aremugangan(m): 7:20am On Jun 27, 2009
Honestly i neva knew i cld contribute 2somtin lyk dis even if i eva came acros it bt i shd blv God's @work.
A problem shard is a problem halfd. Undastndin ur problem is anoda half. If u wnt a new wine, u change d old bottle. Startin a problem is easy bt endin it is hell difficult. Yl difficulty takes tym 2solve, Impossibility takes som1else 2achive possibility. No amount of praya ll solve hunger save u eat. Pls, b determind. Dnt b intoxicatd by our response coz we myt stp respondin 1dy, bt rememba d creator of d heaven n d earth, notin is so difficult d@ E cnt do. If E cld create d heaven n d earth, w@ is d@ problem of urs d@ E cnt solve? E's d 1d@'s presently present in d presence of doz wu re presently present in His Presence. E knos ur problem, afterol E creatd U. Ow hapi do u feel wen u rcv txt msgs? Imagine ow E feels wen E hears u callin Him? Start by makin Him kno u av nobdy save Him. Dnt command Him, beg Him hubmly. Confess urself n b gd @ ur deeds. E's answerin U already. Cal Him mor. Catch u L8r!

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Probes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Over Money Laundering / True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris / Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.