Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:13 AM

Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt (27593 Views)

Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) / Okerenkoko Community Asks EFCC To Probe Tompolo Over Alleged N13bn Land Scam / Alleged N13bn Land Scam: Okerenkoko Community Asks EFCC To Probe Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by myners007: 2:41am On Dec 15, 2015
ASABA—THE Federal Government, under former President Goodluck Jonathan, actually approved the payment of N11 billion to ex-militant leader, Chief Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, out of which he collected 90 per cent of the money, but it was not for land deal as claimed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

A reliable source told Vanguard, yesterday, that the money paid to Tompolo was for purchase of the buildings and other facilities at the International Diving School he built at Kurutie, Gbaramatu Kingdom, Warri South-West Local Government, Delta State, allegedly valued at N15 billion, which the Federal Government acquired for the Maritime University, Okerenkoko.

The buildings include lecture halls, multi-purpose pavilion, administrative block, vice chancellor’s lodge, lecturers’ lodge and hostels for male and female students

He said: “Tompolo has no problem with President Muhammadu Buhari but some people are trying to use the EFCC against him. He (Tompolo) met with President Buhari after his swearing in and assured him that he accepted amnesty under the late President Umaru Yar’Adua and would work with his government. It was a very good meeting.”

The source added, “It is a known fact that he started building a diving school in Warri South-West, Delta State some years ago, to fulfil his vision of creating educational opportunity for youths interested in the maritime sector and to meet the work force requirement in the field. The buildings were completed.

“Last year, some officials of Delta State Government, I do not want to mention names because everything is now politics, visited Gbaramatu Kingdom and Tompolo took them round the diving school. It was well reported by the media. So the diving school was there but yet to commence. The officials who came commended him for his vision.

“However, when the Federal Government wanted to set up the Maritime University at Okerenkoko, government officials found out that he had built structures for a diving institute at Kurutie and felt that government should acquire and use them for the take off of the university.

“They approached Tompolo, I think it was NIMASA people that raised the matter. He was not interested in jettisoning the project because the diving school was a long-term dream for him, but because of the way they spoke to him, insisting that it was also for the development of the area, he accepted and invited estate valuers to value the project, which was put at N15 billion.

“Officials from the Ministry of Lands later came to value the projects and put the value at N13 billion, which is contained in the letter to the Federal Executive Council to approve the purchase.

“Let me tell you, it was not Tompolo that wanted to sell the buildings, it was government that indicated interest and informed him. The transaction was never for land as the EFCC is claiming, but for the buildings.

“The FEC met on the matter and the N13 billion came down to N11 billion after removing VAT and other things. So far, government has paid him 90 per cent of the money. What is illegal in this and why is the EFCC talking as if he was involved in a fraudulent deal? They should check their facts well.
“They should go and find out what it takes to reclaim a swampy location and put structure on it.

“Tompolo did not really see anything that should trouble him in the matter even when sometime in August, the EFCC froze his business account. He indeed, took it as a joke but all the same, contacted some top persons to find out what was wrong. They told him that he should not worry, that it was political and he should wait for some time.

“He waited and when there was no result, he took the commission to court in October to explain why it froze his account. EFCC refused to come to court, but invited him on November 24 to appear before it on November 25. He told them through his lawyer that he took them to court and they should wait for the court to determine his case.

“The commission then came to court November 30 without filing any paper and requested that the matter be adjourned to December 17, same date that they wrote a reminder, dated December 9, report at the commission, failing which they would declare him wanted.

“Tompolo still does not think that there is any big deal about the matter because government underpaid him for the property bought from him.

“He, however, got suspicious when the EFCC renewed its aggression after he refused a request by a top government security official to join the All Progressives Congress, APC and help its candidate in Bayelsa State to win the governorship poll in the state
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/alleged-n13bn-land-deal-tompolos-real-transaction-with-jonathans-govt/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by dammytosh: 2:46am On Dec 15, 2015
Even covenant University will not be sold for a whooping 13billion

grin cheesy grin

Bros J can negotiate sha

Tompolo should just come and explain to exceed that this is the land and buildings and this is the receipt.

Datz all

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by deathmen12: 3:01am On Dec 15, 2015
interesting, bros above me did tompolo point gun at their forehead and force dem to buy d building at dat amount?... if this news is true then efcc shld handle this thing a matured way, and if they want to arrest tompolo they shld come out with fact and envidence. bt wait o even pmb have meeting wit tompolo too? i thought some pple said pmb doesnt have time 4 pple like tompolo...abeg make owner arrange meeting for me and pmb. lala abeg do sumtim.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by koxyz: 5:44am On Dec 15, 2015
Nigerians and their stupid arrangement.Tompolo should explain to EFCC where he got money to finance project of such magnitude.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by Aufbauh(m): 5:57am On Dec 15, 2015
Now i realise why most people termed GEJ as clueless and inept.
We only had different presidents at different times presiding over the affairs of the nation with Jonathan representing them as arm chair president.

NIMASA under the leadership of Akpobolokemi who is Tompolo's hand-picked boy was just an ATM for Jonathan associated militants.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by Standing5(m): 6:07am On Dec 15, 2015
dammytosh:
Even covenant University will not be sold for a whooping 13billion
grin cheesy grin
Bros J can negotiate sha
Tompolo should just come and explain to exceed that this is the land and buildings and this is the receipt.
Datz all
That's the difference between public and private system that shows how deep corruption runs in our public system. If covenant uni as a whole school could hardly exceed few ten of billions Naira in building costs, I wonder how the government is able to construct theirs some 20 to 35 times the cost for private. I can't wait for the recently concieved efficiency unit under Buhari's admin to start putting out benchmark cost for project with predictable scope. Even things like building can be assessed by estate values to know it potential cost of completion n see if contract value of a building if fair.
With integrity i know Buhari will easily dwarf Other administrations in acheivements and strengthening of public institution and trust.

27 Likes

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by joynjames366: 6:25am On Dec 15, 2015
Nigerians and their silly arrangement.
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by NinaTohBadt(f): 7:43am On Dec 15, 2015
grin
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by rozayx5(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2015
grin

buhari should thread carefully over tompolo matter. he is the most dangerous guy out there. we wont like another camp 5 shutting down 25% of our oil production in 10 minutes lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

greedy and scaredy cats ran to apc. but that dude ant afraid of anybody. the last time he called a meetng buhari appointed a ammesty head overnight to avoid trouble.

13 Likes

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2015
hbhb
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by iteleaye(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2015
GOD, this week na so so trillion, billion, gazillion, people dey mention... God, let me to taste a little of that money, i dont mind being probed at age 92... I will happily serve my prison sentence...

17 Likes

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by lonelydora: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2015
And again I ask; what if PDP had won? We will just wake up one day and see they have sold Nigeria to South Africa.

Thank God for a change of government

42 Likes

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by PLANETMARS(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2015
Let me confess dansuki gave me 100naira card on my bday

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by kingstylo01(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2015
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked ask again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again cheesy grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by hardywaltz(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2015
GEJ is an ole

5 Likes

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by Smartsyn(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2015
This case was between two governments.. The only difference is that one is a Federal government, while the other is a one-man government..

11 Likes

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by fejikudz(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2015
koxyz:
Nigerians and their stupid arrangement.Tompolo should explain to EFCC where he got money to finance project of such magnitude.
Mr man are you so daft??
Or have you forgotten these guys are being paid amnesty by the federal government
Where did Atiku get his money to build his America university in Adamawa state

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by cruzita(f): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2015
so what's the point of this article?

1 Like

Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by swizzdre(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2015
Y
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by DICKtator: 7:48am On Dec 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by Segadem(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2015
hmmm
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by Segadem(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2015
Damirash3:
Gud to see dIs
Re: Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt by nasty45(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2015
LOOOOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: The Senate's Plenary Session Today / Suicide Bombers, Gunmen Attack Worshippers In Maiduguri, 11 Killed / Bandits Ask Soldiers To Vacate Plateau Community Ahead Of Planned Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.