Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41447 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by citizenisb: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by chocolateme(f): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2015
Ok, we are waiting and expecting as usual.
The government of " we will"
You guys has made the masses loose concentration on having any choice on your decisions, so we are here observing.

FTC
Chocolate cream

26 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by McCarlito(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
Second to comment.... OK... I'm commenting my comments below...grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by McCarlito(m): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
These laws are supposed to be made by the people and not the government... The impact are felt by the people and not the government...
As the prices escalates there should also be increase in the salaries of the workers to be able to meet up with whatever price they deem to slash on it..... we never finish petroleum scarcity and price hikes...

124 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by dunkem21(m): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
My question is .. " If the govt had said this same thing a year ago, what would have been your reaction, Fashola ..and the reactions of Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai

..What goes around ..

321 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

Which power is been produced? eople spend a week without power and u talking of hiking the price of the little light we get

Sometimes I feel buhari just wants to punish Nigerians for not voting him many years ago... He doesn't seem concerned about our plights. Pls when is he travelling next

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Beg ke? U have said it and to nigerians that is final

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by omohayek: 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

Which power is been produced? eople spend a week without power and u talking of hiking the price of the little light we get

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by citizenisb: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
There is going to be a steep increase in the cost of living next year o!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by osazeeblue01: 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
You see the mess those that voted APC put us into. I wish this happen during GEJ you will see the way Fashola will condemn it.

128 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by otokx(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
where is his twitter handle?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by princemillla(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
As long as the end result will be positive, no problem.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

What are u saying? Do u know that sometimes in Benin, our maintenance +vat monthly fee surpasses what we consume for that month?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Blackfire(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Kneels down to pray again.
*put my feet inside hot water*

Amadioha call sango to call zeus, anybody who voted/ campaign for apc/buhari and he/she complain in 2016, let thunder from heaven and hell fire that person(s)... AMEN.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by falcon01: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

Sometimes I feel buhari just wants to punish Nigerians for not voting him many years ago... He doesn't seem concerned about our plights. Pls when is he travelling next
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by omohayek: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

What are u saying? Do u know that sometimes in Benin, our maintenance +vat monthly fee surpasses what we consume for that month?

If you're complaining about false billing, that's one thing - I agree that people should only be billed for what they use - but there is just no question that current tariff rates are too low for generating companies to cover their costs. If they can't even do that, how can they raise the funds to generate more electricity?

Fashola has already said they'll be working on improved billing, so I don't really see what there is to complain about with what he's saying here. Nigerians have to get used to paying market rates for decent services, instead of expecting "government" to give them artificially cheap electricity, fuel and dollars, then acting surprised when there are shortages of all these things.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by dikeigbo2(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
We are tired of promises, promises, promises........ When are we getting it right?... There must be something behind this multy year tariff.. Making meters compulsory by the discos in not among the contractual agreement (s) with them.,doing away with estimated and crazy bills is not part of it either..... Please dear minister come to aid of this electricity consumers these discos are milking us dry,.....unless there is something ministry of power doesn't want us to know...prepaid meters is what we want..especially here in the East... Mandate the discos to make prepaid meters accsesible to consumers in a pocket friendly manner...

Ministry of power
NERC
ALL DISCOS......pls take note
Thanks in advance...

18 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by CaroLyner(f): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
dikeigbo2:
We are tired of promises, promises, promises........ When are we getting it right?... There must be something behind this multy year tariff.. Making meters compulsory by the discos in not among the contractual agreement (s) with them.,doing away with estimated and crazy bills is not part of it either..... Please dear minister come to aid of this electricity consumers these discos are milking us dry,.....unless there is something ministry of power doesn't want us to know...prepaid meters is what we want..especially here in the East... Mandate the discos to make prepaid meters accsesible to consumers in a pocket friendly manner...

Ministry of power
NERC
ALL DISCOS......pls take note
Thanks in advance...
exactly

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ok..improve on supplies and we can discuss wink

If you can guarantee 18hours of power daily, then you can do whatever you want with pricing smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ModiKen(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hell2daNo!

Mak we see d light first then we go gladly pay.

BTW, Fashola shey many other power generation methods dey apart from gas powered plants.

Akon dey give people stable electricity thru solar power and u dey talk of increase in price of gas powered electricity.

Smh for you, Fashola.... angry

Mama Bukky, abeg share bottles of origin for the posters above and below me....dem dey use dia head well. cool

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by winkmart: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
no problem...just reduce the cost of fuel and that of generator...am good...awon omo ehsu

hello DEAR!!! please check MY SIGNATURE
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sisiclara: 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Dey should increase salaries n minimum wage den we'll accept dat trash hez spewing. Mtcheeeew

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Ishopbest: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
Increase in electricity bill plus decrease in power supply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by globalresource: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
We don hear Fashola
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by RichDad1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
Paying more for what we don't have?
Only in Nigeria. cry

To all you shouting Fashola dis, Buhari that...,
You all should know that it's the [b]Former Clueless government
led by GEJ that signs this slavery pact.
If not for APC, no one knows what would have happen to this country.[/b] angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by hezy4real01(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
Baba abeg no bring that leg oooh
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by godoluwa(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
APC IS A CALAMITY THAT NO SENSIBLE PERSON WISH FOR HIM/HERSELF.
I used to laugh at people that used to praise fashola during his time as a governor because they dont know that fashola is a scam. btw...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by otokx(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
He should remove fixed charge.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by bright007(f): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
This is what you get when you vote for change

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mikkypel(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please accept to live in a rented apartment in Bariga without generator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Dino Melaye Poses With His Exotic Cars (Photos) / Dino Melaye Flaunts His G-wagon (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.