Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,722 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season (5841 Views)

5 Beauty Accessories A Man Should Have Always / Maintain Your Fashionista Looks This Harmattan Season / See The Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2015

The harmattan season is here and more than anything, I am super excited about this cool dry air than the nasty heat that has been dealing with us

Although the harmattan season comes with it’s many disadvantages like dry lips, cracked & ashy skin, sore throat and more.

That being said, we have put together top 5 beauty essentials to help keep your skin luscious and radiant all through this season.

Check them out below;:

LIP BALM

As much as you love matte lipsticks, this is not the time to have them around. Lip balms are lip savers as they help to keep the lip moisturized, heals and protects the lips from being chapped. It’s extremely important to have at least one in your everywhere bag, another in your house and an extra one.

BODY OIL

The harmattan might be cold and breezy but there is nothing cool about a cracked ashy skin. During this period, moisture is lost from the skin faster than usual hence to ensure a healthy skin, it is wise to keep your body oil close as it comes handy. Coconut oil is usually a go-to at times like this because ordinary body lotions and Vaseline might not work the magic.

HAIR OIL/ SERUM

Even our weaves and natural hair needs some attention too. We spend a lot of money on weaves and so during the harmattan, taking proper care of the hair should be priority. The hair serum gives weaves some shine and also helps to lock in moisture. Also note to never leave your hair undone

BODY SCRUB

Due to the fact that it can be very dry during this season, there is need to exfoliate at least twice in a week to help get rid of all the dead, dry and flaking skin cells. If you can, also invest on a foot scrub as this weather can lead to excessive cracking of the feet

WATER

Water is an ultimate beauty essential, whether in a cold of hot weather. The harmattan season comes with a lot of dryness and a s a result, you need to increase your intake of water so as to stay hydrated.
http://www.360nobs.com/2015/12/top-5-beauty-essentials-for-the-harmattan-season/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Omotayor123(f): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Aminat where you put our Local ADI AGBON grin cheesy
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by winetapper: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
grin

No body oil fit be like Vasline grin

Just as Garri no get advert but e sell pass Indomine grin
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by DONSMITH123(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
nice one Op. grin
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by SirSmithHarry(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
smiley
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by ArikeAriyo(f): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
@Op nice one

Dominique
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Teeboy22(m): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ok o
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
Cool smiley
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Funjosh(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
I often battle with dry lips during Harmattan season tongue
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thowbie7 was looking for you this morning angry
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Aminat508:
Thowbie7 was looking for you this morning angry
U didn't....was in school all through...infact, I and my boss(Dr Aderogba) left school around 6pm....sent u E-mails sef...u didn't reply!
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thowbie7:
U didn't....was in school all through...infact, I and my boss(Dr Aderogba) left school around 6pm....sent u E-mails sef...u didn't reply!
i swear, saw Dr Aderogba today sef, he was putting on one cream color native cloth, did microbial Genetics test today angry I was very frustrated this afternoon. Just came back from LFk grin
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
Aminat508:
i swear, saw Dr Aderogba today sef, he was putting on one cream color native cloth, did microbial Genetics test today angry I was very frustrated this afternoon. Just came back from LFk grin
Yeah, that's true!...pls kindly respond to my mails...thanks
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thowbie7:
Yeah, that's true!...pls kindly respond to my mails...thanks
i have done that since Thursday
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Aminat508:
i have done that since Thursday
Oops...didn't see it....buh pls kindly do me a favor...08099421829...just an alphabet or any means of identification would do on whatsapp...I know you won't wanna drop ur digits on here!...
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 10:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=Thowbie7 post=42873786]Oops...didn't see

Copied. Modified pls
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=Aminat508 post=42873831][/quote]alrite
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by ChappyChase: 10:46am On Feb 13, 2016
Sister Aminat508 abeg na Madagascar you dey live?
How you go dey give us tips for harmattan by this time of the year!?
Well if I survived the harmattan reach this time, I sure won't be needing your tips..
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
ChappyChase:
Sister Aminat508 abeg na Madagascar you dey live?
How you go dey give us tips for harmattan by this time of the year!?
Well if I survived the harmattan reach this time, I sure won't be needing your tips..
Old Thread angry
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Babydeedee: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
your natural body brightening and skin repair oils, scrubs, soaps and supplements, DIY skin problem solutions Visit: Bb Channel: C002E821B Website: https://doeyeensbeautyhaven..com
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Babydeedee: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
your natural body brightening and skin repair oils, scrubs, soaps and supplements, DIY skin problem solutions Visit: Bb Channel: C002E821B Website: https://doeyeensbeautyhaven..com
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by ChappyChase: 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
Aminat508:
Old Thread angry
Oops; my bad..
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
Shumuel, teach me how to insert that your signature nah cry angry
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by shumuel(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Aminat508:
Shumuel, teach me how to insert that your signature nah cry angry
which signature ? Or do you mean adding a photo to a link ?
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
shumuel:
which signature ? Or do you mean adding a photo to a link ?
not that. This your yellow signature I mean angry
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by shumuel(m): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Aminat508:

oh, Okay, its

just add what you want in the middle of it, and it would come out highlighted/yellow
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by shumuel(m): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
Aminat508:

oh, Okay, its

[highlight] [./..highlight] just add what you want in the middle of it, and it would come out highlighted/yellow, remove the dots
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by shumuel(m): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2016
Aminat508:

I hope you've gotten and understood how to do it ? for Blogs i believe you'd have to use <highlight> instead of [highlight]
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2016
shumuel:

I hope you've gotten and understood how to do it ? for Blogs i believe you'd have to use <highlight> instead of [highlight]
mi o get e ooo embarassed
Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by Aminat508(f): 11:58am On Feb 20, 2016
shumuel:

After typing it and I highlight, which one will i click out of this icon below?

Re: Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season by shumuel(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Aminat508:
After typing it and I highlight, which one will i click out of this icon below?

none, just click on ''Submit''

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bespoke Suits Made In Lagos / Bling With Rhinestones And Pearls / Photo: Nigerian Babe Steps Out In See-through Top Without A Bra, So Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.