Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents (60295 Views)

Buhari Appoints Uchechi Orji And Isa Hayatu Chiroma As Heads Of Agencies / Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements / Former Heads Of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Babangida And Others In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by StOla: 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pidggin:

Bubu, Dokpesi, and Obiagbena were all named as beneficiaries of the funds allocated for the procurement of arms. Now, if I transact a legal business with someone who is a staff of the company in which I had dealings with, what is important to me is that I get paid for the service I rendered by a staff of the company I had business dealings with. This is the scenario with Dokpesi, he was paid by a PDP member on behalf of the party to run ads on his TV station. But since your APC leaders require ordinary business men to be CIA agents, then i think Bubu also has some anwsering to do. He should have investigated the source of the funds used to purchase the SUVs

And your defence for Obaigbena is what?

Dokpesi has already convicted himself, there's no need to even waste words on a sure convict. He knew the source of the money is the NSA, and he has pleaded guilty by this admission.

I'm so happy Buhari is not the type to be hindered. He is a moving train.

1 Like

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by timunstopable: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
They keep saying black people dont read

Op is a great example

He certainly didnt read what he posted

Where it said ex presidents are entitled 2 3cars that ll replaced every 4yrs

Buhari got 2 SUVs

so i see nothing wrong

Another Angle

let us assume the money used to procure the SUV was from the arm money

That doesnt change the fact that statutorily there is money allocatd in the budget for replacing ex presidents Vehicles.Why did FG leave that money and now use arms money 2 procure the Vehicles.What happened to the money allocated in the budget for such purposes

This ll further indict the office of the NSA and dasuki and those in charge of FG then

except someone that is in a pit looking 4 how drag pple down with him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by docadams: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2015
StOla:

And your defence for Obaigbena is what?

Dokpesi has already convicted himself, there's no need to even waste words on a sure convict. He knew the source of the money is the NSA, and he has pleaded guilty by this admission.

I'm so happy Buhari is not the type to be hindered. He is a moving train.

Hmmmmmmm

You really have the energy and patience to engage an anonymous slowpoke in such a lengthy discuss.
In Hitler's era, such retards are deleted ie eliminated and incinerated to avoid contamination of others. EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by adanny01(m): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2015
TheImp:

http://www.placng.org/new/laws_of_nigeria3.php?sn=478

Nowhere is provision made for the NSA to provide armoured vehicles and make payments like Buhari received as compensation after the Kaduna attack

And since the NSA is not provided for and no any other person is provided for, it then means they are not entitled to anything. I am just paraphrasing you.

Who do you think should give it to them so that the constitution can be amended to provide for that person.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Bamz(m): 12:43am On Dec 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

YOUR OWN CASE NA DIE, JUST LIKE THE STUBBORN FLY THAT FOLLOWS THE CORPSE TO THE GRAVE. I HATE YOU FOR THIS BRO

You hate someone for his own opinion? I can just imagine what would happen if you were made president, you'd probably annihilate the opposition party when you get in power.

Look, people have the right to express whatever they feel, it's a fundamental human right.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Bamz(m): 12:46am On Dec 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Common sense dictates that Dasuki has to prove his allegations. As simple as ABC. Not so?

Yes, while this is correct, he's yet to plead guilty to any of his accusations.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by hmohammed(m): 12:47am On Dec 16, 2015
richidinho:
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again
U won't be shouting "God save me" if u are not part of the Jonathan thieves. Silly comments from a senseless man

1 Like

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by ejiyke2007(m): 12:50am On Dec 16, 2015
hOOO
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Ariba2(m): 1:37am On Dec 16, 2015
TheImp:

Nowhere is provision made for the NSA to provide armoured vehicles and make payments like Buhari received as compensation after the Kaduna attack

Buhari said the office of the presidency gave him 2 SUVs not Dasuki.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 16, 2015
Dannyset:
Buhari will never collect what he's not entitle to. Go nd ask the past govts how many % he collects out of the money meant to be given to ex head of states.
how will dey receive Dat chicken change wen dey steal triple
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by onoja12: 1:54am On Dec 16, 2015
are you drunk, it clearly states 3 cars o be replaced every 4years and you say nowhere states so

TheImp:

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by oluwadabiri(m): 2:04am On Dec 16, 2015
All dis for "former' heads of state shocked Nd presidents?
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by ddeola: 2:29am On Dec 16, 2015
Just wondering if this will be necessary after some have stacked away billions of naira and acquired all kinds of assets while in government.

1 Like

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Chigold101(m): 3:53am On Dec 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Has the president not denied the allegation of ever collecting any money from Dasuki?
Let Dasuki prove his allegation nah!
gbam!

Every other person mentioned by Dasuki in Dasukigate is guilty already even when no court of law has proven so...

But because Bubu is Buhari and he is saint Angel, Dasuki must not prove his allegations against him or else it is just a mare looking for whom to go down with...

Hypocrites...
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by enitiObanke(m): 4:50am On Dec 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

YOUR OWN CASE NA DIE, JUST LIKE THE STUBBORN FLY THAT FOLLOWS THE CORPSE TO THE GRAVE. I HATE YOU FOR THIS BRO

The mistake some gullible folks are making here is equating Buhari collecting 2 SUV (as a former President/ie in his capacity as a former Head of State) from Dasuki/FGN to Dokpesi et al collecting slush funds for Dasuki/FGN (for purposes strictly PDP-related).
The error in judgement of Dokpesi et al is it's wrong in every ramifications for them to have collected payment for PDP-related issues from the NSA. Even if those payments had been made by the Minister of Finance, or the CBN Governor, or any any agent of Federal/State Government, it would have been blatantly wrong, and Dokpesi and Co would have still been in this same mess today.
PDP and PDP only should have paid Dokpesi and his goons. The least GEJ and his thieving goons should have done was wire those monies into PDP's accounts, and paid their campaign contractors and election manipulators (read Dalhatu Bafarawa, Odili, Bode George, Ayumi et al) straight out of PDP account. The narration today could have been less messy.
Here is a poser for Wailers; if Dokpesi and his goons (but Raymond Dokpesi in particular) knew before the March General elections that Buhari was gonna win it,......would a Dokpesi have collected payment for those dirty campaign ADVERTORIALS (or any PDP campaign adverts for that matter) which aired on AIT from the NSA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by PassingShot(m): 4:58am On Dec 16, 2015
Bamz:

Yes, while this is correct, he's yet to plead guilty to any of his accusations.
And no one has sentenced him. Let the judges decide. cheesy
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by IkUKU01(m): 4:59am On Dec 16, 2015
Nigeria get BAR pieces!!
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by PassingShot(m): 5:00am On Dec 16, 2015
Chigold101:
gbam!

Every other person mentioned by Dasuki in Dasukigate is guilty already even when no court of law has proven so...

But because Bubu is Buhari and he is saint Angel, Dasuki must not prove his allegations against him or else it is just a mare looking for whom to go down with...

Hypocrites...
No one has pronounced them guilty but their own admission of receiving money from him for things outside his constitutional jurisdictions. So, it's their statements that have found them guilty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by PassingShot(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2015
TheAdvocate:

Same common sense is required to prove the allegations against Dasuki abi it's the usual double standard?
Is Dasuki not being properly tried in court of law according to our constitution already? That one has even been taken beyond common sense reasoning. Not so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by enitiObanke(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=originalmachine post=41038685]..you will also show me that part of the constitution that says entrepreneurs should not CHARGE money for services rendered, just like DOKPESI did, or the unknown blogger,and the other one claiming to collect money for SPIRITUAL services rendered....these are entrepreneurs no matter their line of business, one own a TV station,another a BLOGGER, and the other a SPIRITUALIST... or is it illegal to operate any of these businesses ?[/quote

Here is a poser for you;........ if Dokpesi and his goons (but Raymond Dokpesi in particular) knew before the March General elections that Buhari was gonna win that election,......would a Dokpesi have collected payment for those dirty campaign ADVERTORIALS (or any PDP campaign adverts for that matter) which aired on AIT from the NBA, or even from any agent of Government

1 Like

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by PassingShot(m): 5:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Newmanluckyman:
.. Oh Dasuki has to prove the allegations as it concerns PMB but allegations that Dasuki dole out funds to various individuals must be accepted as true even when he has not been pronounced guilty By a competent court? There is a limit to which hypocrisy and syncophancy can go.
No one accepted Dasuki's allegations on others without those alleged confirming that they indeed got money from him. So, it's their statements that indicted them. Let Dasuki show evidence of giving Buhari any money just as he showed evidence against most of the earlier alleged persons. Only then will we take him serious.

Anyway, he's already in court to prove his innocence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by PassingShot(m): 5:16am On Dec 16, 2015
henrysam:

But u believe when he said he gave Bode George 100m. Meanwhile he refuted it.
But Bode George said he got $30k only. Now that's an admission Bode got from arms money. The exact amount may be in dispute but not whether he got something or not. Say something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Ghandi12: 5:30am On Dec 16, 2015
enitiObanke:

The mistake some gullible folks are making here is equating Buhari collecting 2 SUV (as a former President/ie in his capacity as a former Head of State) from Dasuki/FGN to Dokpesi et al collecting slush funds for Dasuki/FGN (for purposes strictly PDP-related).
The error in judgement of Dokpesi et al is it's wrong in every ramifications for them to have collected payment for PDP-related issues from the NSA. Even if those payments had been made by the Minister of Finance, or the CBN Governor, or any any agent of Federal/State Government, it would have been blatantly wrong, and Dokpesi and Co would have still been in this same mess today.
PDP and PDP only should have paid Dokpesi and his goons. The least GEJ and his thieving goons should have done was wire those monies into PDP's accounts, and paid their campaign contractors and election manipulators (read Dalhatu Bafarawa, Odili, Bode George, Ayumi et al) straight out of PDP account. The narration today could have been less messy.
Here is a poser for Wailers; if Dokpesi and his goons (but Raymond Dokpesi in particular) knew before the March General elections that Buhari was gonna win it,......would a Dokpesi have collected payment for those dirty campaign ADVERTORIALS (or any PDP campaign adverts for that matter) which aired on AIT from the NSA?

When it comes to disputes in financial transactions only courts of law can determine the appropriateness of elements involved in the transactions. While you believe AIT or Dokpesi being paid by Minister of Finance is wrong the court might not see this an enough reason for punishment.

It now depends on the questions the state prosecutors are asking Dopkesi and the Court. From my angle here Dokpesi being a private businessman stands a good chance of answering all prosecutors questions effectively to escape punishment. To convince the Judge that Dokpesi deserves to go to jail; the prosecutors have to establish Dokpesi has broken a particular law of the land.

Dokpesi's case is however not the same with Dasuki's and others (who were public officers at the time of these transactions). Public officers are answerable to many public codes. Its easier to establish a jailable case against them.

This is one reason some people have been advocating the government should prosecute these cases with the ultimate aim of recovering looted fund - its difficult and expensive to get "big people" legally jailed, especially,for a nation that has not known much order since independence.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by showy(m): 5:46am On Dec 16, 2015
tervishi3:
NairaLanders---
SCAM
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by femi4: 5:51am On Dec 16, 2015
TheImp:

(1) Three vehicles to be bought by the Federal Government and liable to be replaced
every four years.

Is NSA not under FG again?
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Holak: 6:27am On Dec 16, 2015
Dannyset:
Buhari will never collect what he's not entitle to. Go nd ask the past govts how many % he collects out of the money meant to be given to ex head of states.

He collects every dime thing. Don't bring this propaganda please.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by rhektor(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
The constitution is silent on who to implement the payment, however I think the money should be paid by the office responsible for the sitting president remuneration.
On security(bulletproof vehicles), the NSA is solely responsible for that, however I think the recipient can make demand for cash in lieu of the vehicle so he can buy it himself if he lacks trust in the government of the day.
However, the money paid should not be more than the market price for the product.

It shall be taken care of in the CRF
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by anyaekekehinde(m): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Dont mind the OP

I guess he missed that part. Most probably deliberately

Corruption is fighting back but they do not understand the resolve of the man called General Buhari

Una never see anything

God Bless Buhari

oga be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot
I didnt go through that stuff, but listen to the point you stressed "the car should be replaced every 4 years"
now, do you know the last time the car was replaced ? probably NO
if the car was replaced when it wasnt yet 4 years interval them something must be wrong

again, did that constituion stipulate that the car can be replaced if damaged, if it does, then that is the only defence buhari has most especially if the 4 year period has not elapsed
but
if the 4 years period has not elaspsed and the entitlement program does not stipulate that the car should be replaced if damaged within the 4 year period, then buhari has succesfully implicated himself.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Kazrem(m): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2015
The entitlements of former Presidents is enough to do better things for a country.
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by LastProphet: 7:54am On Dec 16, 2015
Ghandi12:
At this perilous time this needs urgent review from the national assembly. I doubt if the beneficiaries are not ashamed of benefiting luxuries like these in the midst of starving millions.

This reminds one of Shakespearing courts - always running with lavish food and wine while the masses lack.

as at 4 years ago a retired CBN director earns N1.2m per month as pension after collecting N120m as gratuity, I can also confirm to you that Emefiele has almost doubled it since he became governor so if you call that stipend of 350k a luxury then you haven't heard news for a long time. and if you think CBN is news then you need to hear about FIRS, NCC, BPE, TETFUND, Bulk Electricity, DPR, see my guy unemployed youths have no idea what many parastatals pay their staffs otherwise this country should have burnt by now
Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by Lawsteller: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2015
TheImp:

Http://www.placng.org/new/laws_of_nigeria3.php?sn=478
YOU LIED, IS NSA NOT PART OF FG? SECTION 3 (1) OF PART 1 RELEASES 3 VEHINCLES AND TO BE REPLACED EVERY FOUR YEARS. DONT ARGUE BLINDLY!

Re: Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents by jackima: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2015
We say as simple as ABC forgetting that the problem we have been having is caused by ABC so ABC has never been simple and it will forever never be simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Drives Journalist, Olaleye Olawale Around (Photo) / Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.