Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

The Origins Of Edo People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origins Of Edo People (1035 Views)

The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / The Origins Of White People According To Ifa (odu Ifa Eji Ogbe) / Who Are The Fulani People And Their Origins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Origins Of Edo People by HugoChavezJr(m): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
The origins of Edo people aren't discussed as much as Yoruba and Igbo origins. So with that being said, did we originate from Sudan? Did we originate from Egypt? Do we share anything with the Nupes perhaps? Do we even have a connection with places like Guinea? What about our genetics and bloodtypes? Do offshoots of Edo (Esan, Afemai, etc.) have different origins? Are they any different from Benin? These are all questions I would like answered by knowledgeable historians here on Nairaland like bokohalal and others.
Re: The Origins Of Edo People by Kirigidi(m): 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
I share som of my observatns nd research findings here soonest.
Re: The Origins Of Edo People by HugoChavezJr(m): 4:32am On Jan 17, 2016
Kirigidi:
I share som of my observatns nd research findings here soonest.

Please share.

(1) (Reply)

Monarch Places Curse On Native Doctors And Juju Priests In Edo State. Photos / Motivational Thursday: Be Humble / Ndigbo, Pls Help Me Out Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.