Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp (12805 Views)

Corper Turns Her Khaki Into A Long Skirt, Rocks It In NYSC Camp (Photos) / Couple Who Met In Ebonyi NYSC Camp 4 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos) / Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by newsarena: 4:10am On Dec 16, 2015
The end-of-camping parade for the 2015 Batch B stream two National Youth Service Corp, (NYSC) members deployed to Ebonyi State was Wednesday put off following a bomb scare at the camp ground.
The parade was scheduled for the Old McGregor College orientation camp Afikpo, Afikpo North Local Government Area of the state.

But there was then panic and tension at the camp ground when security operatives raised the alarm of suspected explosive device in the orientation camp which prompted corps members and officials of the scheme to scamper for safety.

The security operative attached to the camp ground combed the hostels of the corp members looking for a possible place the device was hidden.
A corps member said apprehension heightened in camp when some unknown faces were seen coming into the camp ground during the camp fire night.

Following reports by some corps members that unknown faces were seen entering Aso Rock Hostel, the security operatives had to searched thoroughly for the device in the hostels.
As panic spread at the camp ground, the leadership of the scheme hurriedly distributed posting letters to corps members to proceed to their places of primary assignments.

Police spokesperson for the state, George Okafor, who confirmed the development, said the camp ground was safe as no bomb device was found by the anti-bomb squad deployed to the orientation camp.

He disclosed that a cable was found which he said was being screened by the anti-bomb squad.
He added that security had been beefed up in camp ahead of the posting of another batch of corp members to the state.

The Chairman of NYSC governing board, who is also the Ebonyi State Commissioner for Sports, Charles Akpuenika, said he got a call from a security agency in the state alerting him on the bomb scare.

He said he immediately alerted Governor Dave Umahi who ordered that the terminal parade be called off.

Mr. Akpuenika said, “I got a call from a security agency in the state that briefed me on what was happening at the camp ground and the panic the bomb scare created among corps members”.
“I immediately placed a call to the Governor, he ordered that the terminal parade be called off. The governor is so interested in the safety of every Ebonyi indigene and visitors to the state. He would not desire that anybody be hurt and that was why it was called off.

“Actually, from the information I got from the security agency, a cable allegedly usually used to construct bomb was discovered by the security agency at the camp ground.

“The cable has been taken by the anti-bomb squad and I believe that they would be in a better position to inform us if the cable was actually intended to be used by some miscreants to construct bomb in the area.

“Ebonyi is a safe ground for visitors, there has never been any fear of terror attack in the state and we don’t hope to have one. People should feel free to come to the state and there security is assured.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/195227-ebonyi-nysc-end-of-camp-parade-cancelled-over-bomb-scare.html

1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by slap1(m): 4:35am On Dec 16, 2015
With the way we're going it's only a matter of time before they hit the orientation camp.
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Kezino(m): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2015
Its not possible ooo
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2015
Buhari MAKA WHY?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by grandeur247(m): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2015
This country is in a mess..God pls guide us all
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:38am On Dec 16, 2015
God help us in this country.
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by ikombe: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2015
Hmm
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by DaFlash: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2015
cry
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Dapsin2901: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2015
able copers be cool nothing fit happen
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by mrlaw93(m): 9:39am On Dec 16, 2015
It might be banger jare.. Kids of nowadays re coward grin

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Davijunson: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2015
thank God it was jes a scare and not a Blast.... I know some ppl would have used that as another excuse to Start their violent Protests again.
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by boboLIL(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Mk una arrest dos wearing hijab abi wetin dem de call am... Boko haram and shite-haram....no get ground for. Here abeg.. Oya muslims fire me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by onosprince(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Cable wire or cable bomb...
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Miracle4Sure: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Bomb in camp........Run! Run!! Run!!!
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by 20bc(m): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2015
Is ebonyi a place undecided
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Davijunson: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Buhari MAKA WHY?
Shut up.... Wetin Buhari do for here now??
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by cycline404(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2015
I won't even bother to re confirm the story.
I can never die in serving my father land

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by MinorityTribe: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2015
Too many people don't read before they comment.
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2015
Under the SUN AND IN THE BOMB/IED

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Put your Man O War training to good use.

And all those Orobo Coppers, shebi you dey happy when you dey take am disturb parade.

Now you will know big hips and bum has its disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Nicepoker(m): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2015
Blame the dullard.
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by MzPecs(f): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2015
What kinda news is this?

Corps members left camp since monday and not today. undecided

1 Like

Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Sunnycliff(m): 9:46am On Dec 16, 2015
God save you guys!
NYSC doesn't worth your lives!
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by condralbede(m): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2015
So those ppl Don reach Ebonyi too
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by Shortyy(f): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2015
lol. na knockout o
Re: Bomb Scare Rocks Ebonyi NYSC Camp by keni232: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2015
this is very serious. I just hope that it is an ordinary scare and nothing more. On a flip side, hw do our security personnels check whether it is an actual bomb n hw do they prevent d bomb 4rm detonatin in d course of checking

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC: 10 Things To Do After You Get Your Call-up Letter / NYSC Exclusion Letter: Urgent Advise Needed / Corper Builds Healthcare Centre At Kwali In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.