Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,320 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:27 PM

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. (71166 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] / DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Good day.2 God be the glory.Imm able to put my DIY drawings (plan)into ground
https://www.nairaland.com/2434106/diy-drawing-floor-plan
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Site Engr. Engr Mathias (childhood friend frm the UK.)
Actual area of land =
Areas occupied by the building=
Building descriptions
2 units of 2 bed flats (semi ditched )
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
So I have done all the enabling works ie clearing settlement all logistics so won't go into it but anyone needs the info jst ask on here and I'm more than happy to share.stay tuned pictures coming shortly and I got my proof vest with me for all the critics on here grin grin grin
Engun and co lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 6:48am On Dec 16, 2015
So that's where it all will sit. I shall give exact dimensions in subsequent post.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by tataiwo09(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=erico2k2 post=41045017]Good day.2 God be the glory.Imm able to put my DIY drawings (plan)into ground
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Actual area of land =
Building descriptions
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
So I have done all the enabling works ie clearing settlement all logistics so won't go into it but anyone needs the info jst ask on here and I'm more than happy to share.stay tuned pictures coming shortly and I got my proof vest with me for all the critics on here grin grin grin

u are the client
u are d contractor
u are d supervisor...welldone sir....Nigeria and management......lol

5 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by twinskenny(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2015
You welcome home sir... Good luck

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:42am On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=tataiwo09 post=41045846][/quote]
Hahah don't worry.we are on top the matter.
Men at Work. Ground braking

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
First mishap of the day,wrong size of granite supplied for blinding and slab.3/8 instead of 1/2

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
OK.. We don start o!
Oga, we want to see the 3D of the buildings o.

Hajji M.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
mufutau55:
OK.. We don start o!
Oga, we want to see the 3D of the buildings o.

Hajji M.
Oga we don start oh.we will try and do 3D.but conditions are not smiling..I duff my heart for spyder880 and co.E nor easy with all the obstacles grin

4 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
erico2k2:
Good day.2 God be the glory.Imm able to put my DIY drawings (plan)into ground
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Actual area of land =
Building descriptions
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
Engo and co lol

You're braver than I am.

I will be skinned alive by my friends "cough" kolashangone "cough" and co grin

On a serious note I support you being the General Contractor for your site.

No one is more qualified to organize your dream than you.

5 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
erico2k2:

Oga we don start oh.we will try and do 3D.but conditions are not smiling..I duff my heart for spyder880 and co.E nor easy with all the obstacles grin

They make it seem so easy, it's actually rather challenging but I like challenges and I rise to the occasion.

I will always be the GC of my sites.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
EgunMogaji:

They make it seem so easy, it's actually rather challenging but I like challenges and I rise to the occasion.

I will always be the GC of my sites.
Yes they make it look so easy.I have been on site since Monday. Sometimes I forget I have not had any food to eat until the Mrs shows up.I av separated 3 fights already lol.anyway we are %99.9 fru on excavation

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
erico2k2:

I can surely relate to all that wahalas o. Just do as much as you can while on ground. Good luck.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
erico2k2:

Yes they make it look so easy.I have been on site since Monday. Sometimes I forget I have not had any food to eat until the Mrs shows up.I av separated 3 fights already lol.anyway we are %99.9 fru on excavation

Yeah, you need to be on site before everything scatter-scatter o. Just keep at it and the end will surely be fruitful.

Hajji M.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
erico2k2:

But you're doing a good thing so don't get discouraged.

You're saving money.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mekzyjoe(m): 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
cool cool cool cool
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
EgunMogaji:

But you're doing a good thing so don't get discouraged.

You're saving money.
You are on point sir.plus I'm deriving so much satisfaction from doing this and the jokes shared ;epic grin grin angry.I sometimes laugh and hurt my ribs. grin grin
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Welcome back sir..
Im sure you will get a bit of tan staying in the sun for some weeks..
It's not also easy to manage a group of people. Dialogue has proven more useful to me than brute stamping of authority.

4 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 12:41am On Dec 17, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Welcome back sir..
Im sure you will get a bit of tan staying in the sun for some weeks..
It's not also easy to manage a group of people. Dialogue has proven more useful to me than brute stamping of authority.
Thanks Oga at the top.Tan or U mean Darkness grin grin grin
I hide frm the sun by sitting on the boot of my SUV with it opened grin.regarding managing people.it's not easy at all ordinary refreshments of soft drinks and bread I bought by my own gesture turn wahala.it turned into PDP and APC.they where snatching drinks like ballot boxes lol bross I duff my hat 4 U guys. I dnt know how you do this for a living day in day out .me being the owner I have the option of saying everybody go home until next week U guys do not.Una try Ooh.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 17, 2015
Internal or external plumbing?
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Internal or external plumbing?
External. I'm using 6" solid for all ground floor. There was no allowance for a U structurally due to the size of the building plus I wont crack no wall and corresponding ground space.but 8 trying to be adventures.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by twinskenny(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2015
erico2k2:

Thanks Oga at the top.Tan or U mean Darkness grin grin grin
I hide frm the sun by sitting on the boot of my SUV with it opened grin.regarding managing people.it's not easy at all ordinary refreshments of soft drinks and bread I bought by my own gesture turn wahala.it turned into PDP and APC.they where snatching drinks like ballot boxes lol bross I duff my hat 4 U guys. I dnt know how you do this for a living day in day out .me being the owner I have the option of saying everybody go home until next week U guys do not.Una try Ooh.

welcome to Naija sir.. you will get used to it. sometime its fun grin

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2015
twinskenny:

welcome to Naija sir.. you will get used to it. sometime its fun grin
Thanks.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by smiley001(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2015
erico2k2:
First mishap of the day,wrong size of granite supplied for blinding and slab.3/8 instead of 1/2

Welcome home sir.

If the Rice granite (3/8 ) is not much, u can order for 1/2 inch and mix but if it's...i guess u can still use it but more materials will be used.

By the way sir, where is my Arsenal Jersey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
smiley001:

Welcome home sir.

If the Rice granite (3/8 ) is not much, u can order for 1/2 inch and mix but if it's...i guess u can still use it but more materials will be used.

Thank U very much yes I did the lata.I ordered 1/2 and it has been delivered

By the way sir, where is my Arsenal Jersey?

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by richardquest: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
from the picture the granite looks like 1/2
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
richardquest:
from the picture the granite looks like 1/2
The new pic is 1/2 they re supplied me.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok today we managed to finish all the excavation 0.9m depth and 18"width
We also did %90 of the blinding work,cast the basket for the column and 40 out of the 46 starter bars.I have used Y16,Y12 and Y8 as advised by the Oga in the house

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Looks really good, site looks very neat.

What stage are you hoping to reach before you head back out to base?

Reminds me of when I too was "tearing shyte up" grin

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Looks really good, site looks very neat.

What stage are you hoping to reach before you head back out to base?

Reminds me of when I too was "tearing shyte up" grin
Lol Yeh I'm tearing shyte up down here.I'm looking at achieving window level by grace of almighty. Yeh the site is neat as I keep telling them exactly what to do.they do t like it they grumble a bit but I always remind them who's da Boss. grin 2morrow we will begin block formation God's grace

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
First thing that I'm going to do in March is to stop any ongoing work and do a major clean up and organization of materials. It's gone to shyte since I left angry

Will also level the lot as best as possible (wish I could get me some of that Lagos white sand shocked ) and then german floor and raise to lintel level.

But if exchange rate holds up until then I might even slap the roof on.

N274 to $1 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:
First thing that I'm going to do in March is to stop any ongoing work and do a major clean up and organization of materials. It's gone to shyte since I left angry

Will also level the lot as best as possible (wish I could get me some of that Lagos white sand shocked ) and then german floor and raise to lintel level.

But if exchange rate holds up until then I might even slap the roof on.

N274 to $1 grin
Nice one. Eheh our x change rate today is N360 to £1
March I would think of lintel we thank God for the continuous good health.

See how time flies, its now N780

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
erico2k2:

Nice one. Eheh our x change rate today is N360 to £1
March I would think of lintel we thank God for the continuous good health.

Actually it's N385 to GBP1 on AbokiFX.Com

Time to get rid off extra toys that can be replaced later. Turn them into Naira grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did / This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) / How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.