Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria (17243 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / After Over 20 Job Interviews, God Answered My Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2015
I'm a job seeker currently looking to be employed in any organization that pays a reasonable amount as salary. In my sojourn to various job interviews both on the island and mainland in Lagos, I have been confronted by some really rigorous processes that some organizations use to employ staff. Not saying these processes are bad just saying most of them are seriously unnecessary. Imagine after a particular hotel made me write an aptitude test that could almost rival any Jamb/Utme exam and conducted an interview that was equally as thorough, their salary package was very lousy. Same as another company that conducted phone interview and assessment. A mere pay package ranging from 12-18k for a BA holder, e ga si kwa!

Anyways feel free to share your experiences at job interviews. BTW I'm still jobless

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Sheikwonder(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is so funny...12k??

Chai!

Imagine what it would then be like if the minimum wage was brought down from 18k as those governors are proposing....employers would be paying workers via recharge card... At the end of the month you would be seeing MTN transfer alert of #2500

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
They were serious o! And dey expected me to happily collect d job cos accrding to dem dey had more qualified applicants fr d job. They wanted to do me a favour...anyways I left dem to do the favour to themselves and their family members since dey are so impoverished

Sheikwonder:
This is so funny...12k??

25 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Geesammy(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
Suigeneris93:
They were serious o! And dey expected me to happily collect d job cos accrding to dem dey had more qualified applicants fr d job. They wanted to do me a favour...anyways I left dem to do the favour to themselves and their family members since dey are so impoverished

Dats ridiculous for a graduate considering the task u will be required to perform and infact dat amount can't even feed u alone accurately let alone to drop some spills for ur loved ones who may sometimes look up to u as being a working class and to worsen it all how many years will it take u recoup ur cost of education... I dnt blame employers dis days its because of the mentality of getting something doing dat has gone viral which in turn make graduate laylow for loathsome offers....though I work with a private firm too bt atleast its nt dat bad for a start, PM me let's see if ur discipline can get u a space at the 2016 recruitment....#MayGodBlessOurHustle

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
Geesammy:

Dats ridiculous for a graduate considering the task u will be required to perform and infact dat amount can't even feed u alone accurately let alone to drop some spills for ur loved ones who may sometimes look up to u as being a working class and to worsen it all how many years will it take u recoup ur cost of education... I dnt blame employers dis days its because of the mentality of getting something doing dat has gone viral which in turn make graduate laylow for loathsome offers....though I work with a private firm too bt atleast its nt dat bad for a start, PM me let's see if ur discipline can get u a space at the 2016 recruitment....#MayGodBlessOurHustle

Amen o
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by harrysterol(m): 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
They was a day i paid a flight ticket from Lagos to Abuja only to discover it was GNLD undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by fpeter(f): 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by MeesterMAN: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
lol
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by promo4(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
That's so annoying.why can't they give one the job without all those rigorous process.

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by ERONX(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
I really wish I can be of help but we miles away cry

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by menix(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Una neva chichon chin, a security guard abi nah Mayguard I go call am underwent two stages of interview with normal grilling nd possibly waiting for the last stage of the interview with the MD..

So tey factory workers now write essay to get the job..

Nwanne Uwa emebigo ooo...

3 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by ttemmi(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Naija
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by loomer: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Na people wey dey pay less dey ask questions pass for interview na

5 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Is it not when there is availability of job one will be concerned about the rigours involved.

End time thread
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by amdoyin82(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
Try and be the boss.

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Temismith(f): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
oga oo
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
amdoyin82:
Try and be the boss.
Did you build your mountain out of mohill?
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by finestiyke(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Blame Buhari
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:
I'm a job seeker currently looking to be employed in any organization that pays a reasonable amount as salary. In my sojourn to various job interviews both on the island and mainland in Lagos, I have been confronted by some really rigorous processes that some organizations use to employ staff. Not saying these processes are bad just saying most of them are seriously unnecessary. Imagine after a particular hotel made me write an aptitude test that could almost rival any Jamb/Utme exam and conducted an interview that was equally as thorough, their salary package was very lousy. Same as another company that conducted phone interview and assessment. A mere pay package ranging from 12-18k for a BA holder, e ga si kwa!

Anyways feel free to share your experiences at job interviews. BTW I'm still jobless

are you complaining?

when your dream job comes una go be the first to codedly disappear from this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

when better don set una go dey code

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
Welcome to the Nigerian labour market.

Some employers be like...
icho my job, wete colat(collateral)...wete colat(collateral)
Before iga enweta alert ,nwete alert

^^^just kidding.

It's well dear. Don't be afraid to start something, anything...no matter how little. Do not despise little beginnings.

4 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by dejavubobo1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Create something fr yourself.. even a school cert holder wont accept 12k

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by tunde1200(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
OGA OOO i tire for this country ooo
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Anyway "special one/class of her own" @suigenersis, what's the minimum per month you're expecting in case NLers hear of openings?
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
dejavubobo1:
Create something fr yourself.. even a school cert holder wont accept 12k
Well, some NCE holders are on 6k to 10k a month in private schools o.

Apparently to gain experience.

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by nmreports: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
May we all find our dream jobs. Amen!
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by registration(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
God bless Nigeria
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by captainking(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

... Hahaha. I experienced something similar too.. It's is well with you... It is well with all of us.. Don't give up.. Next year holds something much better...

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
please ooo...am also in dire need of a job in Lagos.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by YerYer: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
That's pathetic. 12K a month, let's assume you are working 5 days a week that means you are earning N600 a day or the equivalent of $2 as a university graduate. The World Bank said the average Nigerian earns $1 a day and I thought they were spewing their usual propaganda but with the devaluation of the naira, I'm of the mindset the average nigerian now earns even less than $1. This is so sad.

My dear pls learn a trade, sewing, catering anything as another source of income... I won't suggest importation biz due to all the banking restrictions.

2 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by kennynelcon(m): 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
Funny enough, I never wanted to work on mainland,and got one on the island... No join me o na God help me.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
We go through those rigors because we have zero connection...if one had uncles like obasanjo, tinubu, any senator,GEJ etc one won't have to do zilch to get a job..This country is just full of shittt. .. angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies @ May And Baker Nigeria Plc-dec. 2013 / 7up Bottling Company Plc Recruiting / Workforce Invitation For Banking Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.