Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job (23509 Views)

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by sluvy4tune(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
At about 3pm today while trying to tidy up my desk for the day, one of my office assistant who I employed about 6months ago walked into my office and that he had some things he wants to discuss with me.

Knowing he has not made such demand before I quickly gave him all attention

After settling into the chair, he went on telling me why we should close early this year,that there is so much responsibility for him this period from his church to family he went on to tell me about how his body need rest and that even his birthday is coming up this month and he needs time so he can run around and put things in order before the birthday comes up.

After he left, I called the accountant to verify if his November salary and allowance has been payed of which I got a Yes response. (Needed to be sure if it's money wahala)

Aside this I personally Tip him as he helps me run some outside office errand once in a while.

I am still speechless....

Nairalanders what do you think?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Maybe he actually needs a rest...btw cld u employ me pls? I nid a job seriously

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by dikeigbo2(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
You may be the course..... Maybe he is working as an elephant and receiving the payment of an ant...an American company paid all its 1400 staffs 100,000usd each as bonuses for this year.....are you nearer to this benevolence?

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by dikeigbo2(m): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
Motivate your workers and see them choosing to die with you
.....in essence motivation is the key

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
Is like he got anoda job...
Anyways, u can employ me, I nid a job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by jashar(f): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2015
2 things:
1. He's tired.
2. He's fed up.

12 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Cutehector(m): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:
Maybe he actually needs a rest...btw cld u employ me pls? I nid a job seriously
lol urm u want him to sack him to employ u? Really...

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Cutehector(m): 7:14am On Dec 17, 2015
U should give him that benefit "boss"

By the way, his birthday... I really dont see any reason why he chooses to skip work because of his birthday.. Who just does that.

Second, i knw of many establishments dat are going to close on the 19th of december.... I think u should listen to him. Its the end of the year already.

11 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
lol urm u want him to sack him to employ u? Really...

Lol...I'm just tryna advertise myself as a jobseeker, I didn't say he should sack him

14 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Cutehector(m): 7:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Lol...I'm just tryna advertise myself as a jobseeker, I didn't say he should sack him
like seriously, wen i saw ur profile, i thought u wr somewhat independent.... As in ur personality, the aura around ur profile was good

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
like seriously, wen i saw ur profile, i thought u wr somewhat independent.... As in ur personality, the aura around ur profile was good

So looking for a job makes me dependent or wah undecided

25 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Cutehector(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

So looking for a job makes me dependent or wah undecided
nope.. U knw urself more dan i do
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
nope.. U knw urself more dan i do

Yep I most certainly do!

10 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by olubenjazzy(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2015
Seriously oga boss

U need to talk to him,
If u like his service let him knw why he should give you some extra days b4 u can close for the year. And let him know that bringing his b'day issue into his work isn't ur own biznes.

My boss always do the same to any of us.
Whenever we ask him of tins he can't gv us on time, he will let us know n ask us to gv him few days.

5 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by sluvy4tune(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
U should give him that benefit "boss"

By the way, his birthday... I really dont see any reason why he chooses to skip work because of his birthday.. Who just does that.

Second, i knw of many establishments dat are going to close on the 19th of december.... I think u should listen to him. Its the end of the year already.

Thank you bro, We are into E-Commerce and he knows.December is one of our busy month.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by sluvy4tune(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
olubenjazzy:
Seriously oga boss

U need to talk to him,
If u like his service let him knw why he should give you some extra days b4 u can close for the year. And let him know that bringing his b'day issue into his work isn't ur own biznes.

My boss always do the same to any of us.
Whenever we ask him of tins he can't gv us on time, he will let us know n ask us to gv him few days.

I just kept quiet so maybe to understand what could possibly make him ask for such, I look forward to talk to him today

I like his service and thats why he is still working with me, but putting his birthday party as a reason why we should close early is what still baffles me, we are into E-Commerce and december is that time of the year where every platform is on their feet.

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Atmmachine(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
He's a lazy guy.
Just fire him immediately.
Here in America, we don't play with our jobs.
We work like slaves.
Even if you're sick, you must show up for work.
No birthday celebrations, No time for church activities, No time to spend with our families.

9 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by onosprince(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by WisdomCanada(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sack him
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by OCTAVO: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Daslim180(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
No need to sack him. We all know that our body needs rest and more so, all work without play makes john a dull boy.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by tammie24: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cant stop laughing
Is this a joke?
his birthday is coming up
Abeg abi na comedy section we dey?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Fatigue and weakness are some of the factors hindering efficiency of human mental and physical exertion. These vices are some of the issues that every manager should be versed with; how they begin, what activity makes an employee more fatigued and how they can be manipulated. However, activities that tend to be monotonous, although foster specialization and professionalism, tend to fatigue workers than activities without. The key to the gentrification and reawakening of workers is motivation, which could be in form of kindness, cash, sweet words of appraisal, humour and others. And this, unfortunately, is what many nigerian managers are abysmally lacking.

5 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by exlink10(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
what are you waiting for?

is he or she your relation?

or don't know how to write a sack letter?

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by kennyman2000(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by missKiffy(f): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Such boldnesss, i dont think its his responsibility to be suggesting that the company close early this year, citing his upcoming birthday as a reason is quite funny

5 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by UTMOST10(m): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
Let him go because your organisation is at stake!
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok! Allow him oooo before he would kill himself and Run away like this photo down here!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Hefemale: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
what was he thinking
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Maximus85(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:
At about 3pm today while trying to tidy up my desk for the day, one of my office assistant who I employed about 6months ago walked into my office and that he had some things he wants to discuss with me.

Knowing he has not made such demand before I quickly gave him all attention

After settling into the chair, he went on telling me why we should close early this year,that there is so much responsibility for him this period from his church to family he went on to tell me about how his body need rest and that even his birthday is coming up this month and he needs time so he can run around and put things in order before the birthday comes up.

After he left, I called the accountant to verify if his November salary and allowance has been payed of which I got a Yes response. (Needed to be sure if it's money wahala)

Aside this I personally Tip him as he helps me run some outside office errand once in a while.

I am still speechless....

Nairalanders what do you think?

His excuses are lame. Don't Sake him just yet, start looking for a replacement. Cos I'm 80% sure he won't resume after the Xmas break. He's already gotten a job in a bigger company.

But the guy get mind ooo. Telling his boss he needs time to prepare for his birthday. O ga ooo
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by winkmart: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
give him a raise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude / Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers / Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.