Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Letv Le 1s Discussion thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Letv Le 1s Discussion thread (33322 Views)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
hey guys,

I just want to introduce us to one of the new smartphones in town, that's the Letv le 1s, "the le pronounced as lè"

Specification:

It it is a full HD 5.5" screen with thin bezel, though it still has black borders around the screen but that's almost available on all Chinese phones running lollipop.

Surpports dual Sim, dual standby

Also has fingerprint scanner on the back which supports 360° unlock in 0.5s, and it's mirrored which makes usable when using the rear camera for selfies, the fps is also serves as a button to take pictures.

It's has a 3gb of RAM to run applications and heavy games smoothly and a 32gb of ROM, and doesn't support external SD card,

It has a 13mp isocell Samsung rear camera and a 5mp front camera

It runs letv version of Android EUI, based on Android lollipop 5.0.2

It has a USB type C port which also supports OTG,

And also supports fast charge, hence the charger output is 9v/2.7A, and 5v/2A, and d phone is equipped with a whooping 3000mah nonremovable battery, which on normal usage should serve a day and for a heavy user would require a powerbank but 3000mah battery still worth it

Now to the chipset, it is equipped with one of the latest mediatek chipset mtk6795T(helio X10) clocked at 2.2ghz with GPU PowerVR G6200 @ 700Mhz, also with this chipset, the phone is capable of making slow motion recording and also 4k recording, also support mediatek copilot

All this enclosed in an aluminium chassis which gives the phone a premium look and feel and only cost between $170 and $210.

It's a phone worth buying.

I'll be giving u updates as we progress and how Google play store can also be installed, and if interested in joining our letv le 1s what's app group, kindly drop in mobile number.

2 Likes

Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by jimikata(m): 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
Masterpiece.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by obosirow: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
seen the phone online and watched detailed reviews on YouTube and its a well designed phone. One guy complained of the screen cracking on him thrice after it fell from a table height...hmm-mm, so disappointing, when compared to other phone of not too high in spec.
I was at computer village today and from my observation, the phone design is the same with Huawei Mate7, Infinix Note 2 is also a copy of it. Huawei is more premium in design and sturdier than Infinix note 2. Letv is also premium in design and its basically the same phone as Huawei Mate 7.
After seeing the Mate 7 with it's spec sheet, it's a powerful phone and it's worth owning.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by lukmoore: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
I'm using the phone and i'm enjoying it.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
obosirow:
seen the phone online and watched detailed reviews on YouTube and its a well designed phone. One guy complained of the screen cracking on him thrice after it fell from a table height...hmm-mm, so disappointing, when compared to other phone of not too high in spec.
I was at computer village today and from my observation, the phone design is the same with Huawei Mate7, Infinix Note 2 is also a copy of it. Huawei is more premium in design and sturdier than Infinix note 2. Letv is also premium in design and its basically the same phone as Huawei Mate 7.
After seeing the Mate 7 with it's spec sheet, it's a powerful phone and it's worth owning.

Great comment, though I just ordered mine but I already know what I'm buying
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
lukmoore:
I'm using the phone and i'm enjoying it.

Are u using the stock rom or the other rom with playstore, cos we all know the stock rom doesn't come with playstore
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by lukmoore: 7:05am On Dec 17, 2015
hassanAde:

Are u using the stock rom or the other rom with playstore, cos we all know the stock rom doesn't come with playstore
one with playstore
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 8:09am On Dec 17, 2015
lukmoore:
one with playstore

Y not go for the stock rom so u can get constant updates, I can put u thru on how to install Google play store on it
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Phone looks good with impressive specs. The name though, letv le 1s lol
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by samintegrity(m): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2015
I was about paying for this on aliexpress, not until I discovered doller isnt too favorable, I dont hav much so will go for the 3gb ram/16gig rom ,.

Now am following this thread and would love to know how the battery fairs upon usage, also does it get heated up while using? And pls on a daily usage, browsing with H+ and of cos being online all through, how many hrs are we looking at before phone shut down?

I have watched close to 10 of its review videos on YouTube. cheesy grin
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by samintegrity(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2015
hassanAde:

Y not go for the stock rom so u can get constant updates, I can put u thru on how to install Google play store on it

Does it come pre installed with the stock rom or the one with playstore? Or users are the ones to flash the rom with playstore?
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2015
greenhulk:
Phone looks good with impressive specs. The name though, letv le 1s lol

Yeah the name but interesting, Letv is one of the largest media company in China, digression into phone manufacturing will b a plus for them.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2015
samintegrity:

Does it come pre installed with the stock rom or the one with playstore? Or users are the ones to flash the rom with playstore?

D stock rom has no playstore pre-installed but u get updates to the Rom unlike the internal version with app drawer button
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by Youngpo413: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2015
No playstore?then what is the alternative?
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2015
I think dis is an opportunity for me to explain the 2 types of rom that r available for this device.

Letv le 1s is being manufactured to thrive in China only and built with a lollipop version of Android (5.0.2) to b precise modified by the company to EUI 5.5, only supports 2 languages, that is English and Chinese and also doesn't have play store pre-installed like the xiaomis running MIUI, but due to international acceptance, they decide to make another version of rom which supports more languages with playstore also pre-installed but lacks OTA support and also some features r missing on this ROM, e.g the IR blaster and the QR Scanner.

But in Android world, nothing is impossible, u can get playstore running on the stock version of the rom and also get updates anytime it's available.

Still interested in the what's app group, kindly drop ur number here.

Have a lovely day guys.
wink
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2015
samintegrity:
I was about paying for this on aliexpress, not until I discovered doller isnt too favorable, I dont hav much so will go for the 3gb ram/16gig rom ,.

Now am following this thread and would love to know how the battery fairs upon usage, also does it get heated up while using? And pls on a daily usage, browsing with H+ and of cos being online all through, how many hrs are we looking at before phone shut down?

I have watched close to 10 of its review videos on YouTube. cheesy grin

Yes, dollar isn't favorable, thanks to Nigeria economy, I already made my order b4 I observed dollar wasn't my friend, grin

Nontheless, I believe you'll get all u want on this thread, and thank goodness we already have users available and more r to come, an more will also buy, this is a phone we will regret not buying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2015
Youngpo413:
No playstore?then what is the alternative?

I get it installed and also get updates to ur rom unlike the international version that has ps but no update.

I already gv a brief explanation about the 2 roms but if need more, kindly ask, I'll b highly happy to respond, wink
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by samintegrity(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
How is the battery life oh heavy usage? Lets say u on H+ browsing all thru, how long does it last
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by Eghosa1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
hassanAde:
I think dis is an opportunity for me to explain the 2 types of rom that r available for this device.

Letv le 1s is being manufactured to thrive in China only and built with a lollipop version of Android (5.0.2) to b precise modified by the company to EUI 5.5, only supports 2 languages, that is English and Chinese and also doesn't have play store pre-installed like the xiaomis running MIUI, but due to international acceptance, they decide to make another version of rom which supports more languages with playstore also pre-installed but lacks OTA support and also some features r missing on this ROM, e.g the IR blaster and the QR Scanner.

But in Android world, nothing is impossible, u can get playstore running on the stock version of the rom and also get updates anytime it's available.

Still interested in the what's app group, kindly drop ur number here.

Have a lovely day guys.
wink

070 595 89 222.. Anyone interested, I can sure hook them up and answer a few questions. I currently use the device and perhaps I and Iliyande are to first to get it in NG.

2 Likes

Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by samintegrity(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Eghosa1:

070 595 89 222.. Anyone interested, I can sure hook them up and answer a few questions. I currently use the device and perhaps I and Iliyande are to first to get it in NG.

Untill I quote una before u actually reply to my question, kkk bro now quoted .. grin

How is the battery life oh heavy usage? Lets say u on H+ browsing all thru, how long does it last
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
Eghosa1:

Good, I just added u guys to the newly created what sap group for our lovely fone where we can share ideas wink
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
For those interested in the stock ROM, here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gyhzhb1pa3pkucy

D link to download the unofficial but with multilingual and no Ota support: http://www.mediafire.com/?j1qur21814hm0lb

How to install official stock ROM :

Download the zip file from the first link above, rename to update.zip

Place in root of memory of phone

Switch off phone

Boot into recovery by pressing volume down and power button simultaneously, do not release until u c the boot animation,

Check on clear data, this also checks system update and clear data

Click start, and wait till fone reboots

Yeah! You on on official stock ROM with access to OTA.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by lukmoore: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
hassanAde:

i found rooting guide for the phone but i couldn't figure-out how to copy files to the root of the phone using adb.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 1:37am On Dec 18, 2015
lukmoore:
i found rooting guide for the phone but i couldn't figure-out how to copy files to the root of the phone using adb.

Adb driver is meant for ur fone to b recognised by ur pc, u install Adb on ur pc by so doing enabling commands and instructions to b sent to d fone via pc and vise versa
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by puskin: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2015
hassanAde:

.[s]...... and if interested in joining our letv le 1s what's app group, kindly drop in mobile number. [/s]

Awwwwwh....my sweet phone......Letv 1S ..........but there shall be no dropping of any form of contact details in here.
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by hassanAde(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2015
puskin:

Awwwwwh....my sweet phone......Letv 1S ..........but there shall be no dropping of any form of contact details in here.

Not a must, and that's y the clause "if interested" was included wink
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by Eghosa1(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2015
samintegrity:

Untill I quote una before u actually reply to my question, kkk bro now quoted .. grin

7-8hrs
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by mindtricks: 8:57am On Dec 18, 2015
hassanAde:

Not a must, and that's y the clause "if interested" was included wink

Why not use PM which saves this issue, and is more decent?
Re: Letv Le 1s Discussion thread by mindtricks: 11:51am On Dec 18, 2015
hassanAde:

For PMs on whatsapp, contact any of the above numbers or 08062457609

Tnx for the advice bro

K no p.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OAU Student Purchases Iphone6 That Uses Nokia Battery / How To Deactivate All MTN Services To Stop Deducting Your Money / Beautiful Pictures Of Speculated Design Of Iphone7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.