Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

NEW: Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2016 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NEW: Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2016 (1254 Views)

Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2017 / The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships / SCHOLARS: 300 Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NEW: Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2016 by Prevho: 5:03am On Dec 17, 2015
Brief description: The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) are awarded to students from selected countries for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2016. The scholarships cover both living costs and tuition fees.

Accepted Subject Areas: About 600 different study programs at Swedish universities are eligible for a scholarship. Priority will be given to applicants choosing study programmes with an emphasis on gender equality, sustainable development, democracy, human rights or poverty reduction.

About Scholarship

The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships – SISS is the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI),
The Scholarships target highly-qualified students and are awarded for studies in Sweden starting in an autumn semester. The scholarships are intended for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden and cover both living costs and tuition fees.
The Swedish Institute is looking for applicants who display both intellectual ability and leadership potential and welcome applications regardless of age, gender and religious beliefs.

Scholarship Offered Since: Longer than 2007

Eligibility Criteria:

The programme offers a unique opportunity for future leaders to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.

Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with outstanding academic qualifications, demonstrated leadership experience and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.

Applicants must be from an eligible country and have at least two years’ work experience. Applicants must display outstanding academic qualifications and leadership experience. In addition, applicants should show an ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country.

Number of Scholarships: Approximately 300 scholarships will be awarded

Scholarship Benefit

The scholarship covers both tuition fees (paid directly to the Swedish university/university college by the Swedish Institute) and living expenses to the amount of SEK 9,000 per month.

The scholarship period cannot be altered or extended beyond the study programme period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded one.

Duration of Scholarships

The scholarship is intended for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.

Eligible countries: International students especially from developing countries

To be taken in (country): Sweden

Application Deadline: The scholarship application consists of two steps, the first step will be open 1 December 2015 – 20 January 2016, followed by a detailed second step for successful candidates from the first step, 8–13 February 2016.

Scholarship offered annually? Yes
How to apply

The application process consists of two steps. The first step will be an online application form from 1 December 2015 – 20 January 2016. Successful candidates will be notified in the beginning of February, and required to submit a detailed application for the second step 8 – 13 February 2016. The two-step application process aims at offering transparency in the selection criteria.

To be considered for a scholarship, you must first both complete your separate application to the master’s programme(s) before the university deadline of 15 January 2016, and pay your university admissions application fee (SEK 900) before 1 February 2016.

Click Here for details to how to apply

SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIPS

Leadership and Advocacy for Women in Africa (LAWA) Fellowship Program 2014/2015

Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships for Women in Africa, Europe and the Middle East 2016/2017

2016 Facebook Internet.org Innovation Challenge Africa ($USD 250,000+ Prize for Internet Based Solutions).

Undergraduate MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at Duke University, USA 2016

cc: fynestboi, lalasticlala, mynd44, seun to all NAIRALANDERS

2 Likes

Re: NEW: Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2016 by chaiks: 9:16pm On May 03, 2016
Hello gud people of this thread. I must say you v been doing nice job here. I duff ma cap. Please I want to know whether Sweden still give full scholarship or tuition waiver even though they have abolished free tuition. I will like to do masters in international relations in Sweden. Please which University there do you advise I should look for. Is there any part time work there for one to do.
Re: NEW: Swedish Institute Study Scholarships For Developing Countries 2016 by chaiks: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
chaiks:
Hello gud people of this thread. I must say you v been doing nice job here. I duff ma cap. Please I want to know whether Sweden still give full scholarship or tuition waiver even though they have abolished free tuition. I will like to do masters in international relations in Sweden. Please which University there do you advise I should look for. Is there any part time work there for one to do.
someone should please answer me I dey beg

(1) (Reply)

Share The Names Of Secondary School You Finished From / Unilorin Students Involved In Ghastly Accident / Fpi Begins 2016 /2017 Admission Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.