Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers (31565 Views)

Best Diets For Women / Top 10 Breakfast Ideas – Healthy African Diets / The Best Slimming Tea So Far And Affordable. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by chop4naija: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2015
Do you think you are becoming overweight? Do you think there is a need for you to reduce your weight? There are lots of disadvantages of being overweight or obese. Many overweight people struggle to breathe due to excess fat that prevent diaphragm to move downward as it should. Walking long distance is a challenge for obese folks. They got tired easily after walking a few distance or climbing staircases.
In addition, heart disease is common among obese folks. Extra fat in the body puts lots of pressure on the lungs, heart and other internal organs which is dangerous to the body system.
With these aforementioned problems that is associated with Obesity, there is a need to reduce your weight and fat intake if you are overweight.

Lets take a look at some foods that helps in weight reduction.

1. Apple

A study recently published in the journal Nutrition, scientists found that there is significant weight loss when apple is taken before meals.One dietary component that is associated with weight loss is FIBER CONSUMPTION. The reason fiber is associated with weight loss is that it fills the belly and yet yields few calories. It makes you feel fuller for longer so that you eat less at your next few meals. Eating one apple a day will give the taker an average of 4.4 grams of fiber which is about one-fifth of our daily need. Apples also contain quercetin, a flavonoid known to help in reduction of cholesterol damage and promote healthy lungs.

2. Eggs.

If you truly want to loss some pounds, it advisable to take couple of eggs for breakfast which will help to limit your calorie intake throughout the rest of the day. Just like Apples makes you feel fuller for longer , eggs also do the same.
In a research conducted by Rochester centre for Obesity in the United States, 30 overweight women were instructed to eat egg-based breakfast, the researchers found out that the women who had eaten eggs for breakfast felt less hungry throughout the day and ate smaller lunch as a result.

3. Fish.

The best source of animal protein is obtained through consumption of fish. The reason behind this assertion is that fish is generally lower in fat and more importantly, the type of fats in seafood is the “good fats” which appears to be harmless to the body system. A study by Karolinska Institute in Sweden found that people ate 11 percent less at dinner after having fish for lunch compared to those who ate beef for lunch. This shows that when fish is consumed it reduces calorie intake compared to when beef is consumed.

4.Salad

Eating a low calorie salad at a start of a meal helps in weight reduction.Research has shown that those who consume salad as lunch will definitely eat less during dinner. Just like apples and eggs above that makes you feel fuller for longer , salad also does the same.

When these aforementioned foods are properly consumed, they will go along way in helping weight watchers. Although, reducing weight requires lots of courage and sacrifice.

Source http://chop4naija.com/four-best-foods-for-weight-watchers/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by looseweight: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nice writeup OP, I want to begin from the last sentence of you article...

Many people thought weight reduction is as simple as eating some fruits or just dieting...

The physiological and biochemical make up of our body is quite different. By this, I mean we are not all the same, therefore we don't consume the same food and expect it to the same work..

Exercise is a very important daily activity you need to introduce into your routine if you want to loose weight....

One important fruit that the OP forgot to put there is cucumber. Its very good to get flatbelly..

We normally prescribe it to all our clients following our weight management program.

A click on my profile will explain better....

24 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Cornerstone001: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
typing.....
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by iameugene(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
This guyz above me which network una dey use wen i enter dis page nobody don comment o shocked

2 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by OboOlora(f): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
Space bookers up there mehn!

1 Like

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by iameugene(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
If i wann fat nko cheesy

1 Like

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Growingboi(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
There is one lady in my area, even if she consumes 50kg of these food daily she will nt loss 0.0000005g weight cox God carefully blessed her wit fat

5 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by pretydiva(f): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
All these items u listed also help in weight gain undecided

2 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by colejeje: 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
iameugene:
Js
space booker
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by OboOlora(f): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
NEVERForget:
okk
space booker
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by nnamdibig(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by fwesharumi(m): 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]He don tey I taste any of this things...so no to poverty

1 Like

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Adesiji77: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for sharing....
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by colejeje: 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by aieromon(m): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
Eggs? Are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by calliope(f): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
Op u forgot to add
Ice cream
grin
And chess burger angry

3 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Kingbilo(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
All my favourite foods lol
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by bdemix(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
#Sleeping
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by priscaoge(f): 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sometimes I get confused with all these kind of post, some will tell u DON'T EAT THIS it makes u gain weight, another will say EAT A LOT OF THIS to loose weight. In Nkoli's voice, Konfusion ga dimakwa undecided undecided angry angry

Anyways all I do is cut down d intake of Carbohydrates, eat more of fruits, drink a lot of water, do a little exercise and I'm good to go. undecided undecided I no fit follow all this Una TYPES OF FOOD stuff biko, make Una no confuse me cheesy cheesy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
chop4naija:
Do you think you are becoming overweight? Do you think there is a need for you to reduce your weight? There are lots of disadvantages of being overweight or obese. Many overweight people struggle to breathe due to excess fat that prevent diaphragm to move downward as it should. Walking long distance is a challenge for obese folks. They got tired easily after walking a few distance or climbing staircases.
In addition, heart disease is common among obese folks. Extra fat in the body puts lots of pressure on the lungs, heart and other internal organs which is dangerous to the body system.
With these aforementioned problems that is associated with Obesity, there is a need to reduce your weight and fat intake if you are overweight.

Lets take a look at some foods that helps in weight reduction.

1. Apple

A study recently published in the journal Nutrition, scientists found that there is significant weight loss when apple is taken before meals.One dietary component that is associated with weight loss is FIBER CONSUMPTION. The reason fiber is associated with weight loss is that it fills the belly and yet yields few calories. It makes you feel fuller for longer so that you eat less at your next few meals. Eating one apple a day will give the taker an average of 4.4 grams of fiber which is about one-fifth of our daily need. Apples also contain quercetin, a flavonoid known to help in reduction of cholesterol damage and promote healthy lungs.

2. Eggs.

If you truly want to loss some pounds, it advisable to take couple of eggs for breakfast which will help to limit your calorie intake throughout the rest of the day. Just like Apples makes you feel fuller for longer , eggs also do the same.
In a research conducted by Rochester centre for Obesity in the United States, 30 overweight women were instructed to eat egg-based breakfast, the researchers found out that the women who had eaten eggs for breakfast felt less hungry throughout the day and ate smaller lunch as a result.

3. Fish.

The best source of animal protein is obtained through consumption of fish. The reason behind this assertion is that fish is generally lower in fat and more importantly, the type of fats in seafood is the “good fats” which appears to be harmless to the body system. A study by Karolinska Institute in Sweden found that people ate 11 percent less at dinner after having fish for lunch compared to those who ate beef for lunch. This shows that when fish is consumed it reduces calorie intake compared to when beef is consumed.

4.Salad

Eating a low calorie salad at a start of a meal helps in weight reduction.Research has shown that those who consume salad as lunch will definitely eat less during dinner. Just like apples and eggs above that makes you feel fuller for longer , salad also does the same.

When these aforementioned foods are properly consumed, they will go along way in helping weight watchers. Although, reducing weight requires lots of courage and sacrifice.

Source http://chop4naija.com/four-best-foods-for-weight-watchers/
onions
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by sunkoye: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
aieromon:
Eggs? Are you kidding me?
toh undecided
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by strawb(f): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
FCT guy has said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Victorchuks4(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Odi mma.
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by tammie24: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Boring
Why not put together something more exciting, you dont expect them to be eating fish, egg・. .
everyday
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Lincoln275(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
really?
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Koolking(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Every edible food is a slimming diet. What matters is how well (creating a balance) you consume them. Too much breeds a problem, too little results in deficiency.

2 Likes

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by nastyesco(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
The dude above me is the Fool of this Generation

1 Like

Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by Tonnniey: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
Check my signature if you are obessed or overweight and you want to slim down
Re: Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers by stchinedu: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
Growingboi:
There is one lady in my area, even if she consumes 50kg of these food daily she will nt loss 0.0000005g weight cox God carefully blessed her wit fat
See wetin you dey notice for your area grin cheesy grin cheesy

Funny enough, some go eat anything and yet remain slim.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / A Few Reasons Why Ladies Love Or Should Love Cucumbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.