Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. (5215 Views)

Things You Need To Know Before Choosing Your Dentist In Nigeria / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married / See Your Dentist Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I am a dentist, with four years experience in the dental practice. Based in Kaduna, I work in a private hospital.
We have poor dental awareness in Nigeria. Many go about with aesthetically disfiguring dental problems and they are unaware that a simple visit to the dentist could change their lives.
I made a pictorial collection of some of my work in my place of practice. But I know many out there still have similar issues and have no idea their problems can be fixed.

Note : All pictures were taken after getting informed consent from patients.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
More Pictures

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
More Pictures

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by sod09(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
Wat is dis na angry angry
Can't u put graphic pix
Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by SurefireAsoOke: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
Before and after picx

For AsoOke, Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
I also advise you go see your dentist every 6 months for dental checkups.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
sod09:
Wat is dis na angry angry
Can't u put graphic pix
Mtcheww

Lol. It's not that graphic.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by fiftynaira(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
Doc in the issue of rotten teeth does it have remedy?

Thanks
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by ilsmiling(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
Aboki teeth...
Op u dey try o seeing all these end time teeth.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I am a dentist, with four years experience in the dental practice. Based in Kaduna, I work in a private hospital.
We have poor dental awareness in Nigeria. Many go about with aesthetically disfiguring dental problems and they are unaware that a simple visit to the dentist could change their lives.
I made a pictorial collection of some of my work in my place of practice. But I know many out there still have similar issues and have no idea their problems can be fixed.

please, does rotten teeth has remedy? I am marveled at some of your pictures? they seem incredible I most say. A nice work there if at all it's true.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
what a nice job,where do u base
brainy4oli:

1 Like

Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Innodon(m): 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Drop your contact or mail me @ OP.....kingcoleonline@yahoo.com
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by jossiwan(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
I reside in Kaduna n will like us 2 talk... How do we connect?
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Seequadry(m): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

i will like to pay u a vizit anytime u are in lag pls.....diz is my whatsapp 08158488236
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by iluvkpetus: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
brainy4oli:

Lol. It's not that graphic.
This has been giving me psychological trauma since my sec school days as i find it so difficult to engage in a normal conversation with a girl, I onced asked my mum the reason why my teeth is brown and she told me it was as a result of the highly concentrated herbs and an antibiotics which contains tetracycline i used when i was very ill at infantry. Is there possibility that a white sparkling teeth can be achieved if I visit a dentist nd please How much does it cost?...Thanks
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Walexz02(m): 11:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wao! Nice work you have done their
I have problems with tooth hole, I have them in two seperate places in my teeth.. Last time I visited a teaching hospital in my state they ask me to pay some big money for registration and consultancy only. So I gave up sad
I think to see a dentist in naija one have to be OBO angry
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by ivyT(f): 7:39am On Feb 14, 2016
Walexz02:
Wao! Nice work you have done their
I have problems with tooth hole, I have them in two seperate places in my teeth.. Last time I visited a teaching hospital in my state they ask me to pay some big money for registration and consultancy only. So I gave up sad
I think to see a dentist in naija one have to be OBO angry

Exactly o..1 has to be obo..my elder sista had to remove a tooth or 2 at 8k or above..
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2016
Hello peeps. I'm based in Kaduna.

I know dental treatments can be expensive, but it's worth it. The dental chair and other dental equipments and materials are expensive. So that explains why treatments are expensive. Just be sure ur dentist is a good one.
For d people asking if rotten teeth can be fixed, it depends on how bad, but for most cases, I think it can. Just see ur dentist.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Walexz02(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2016
ivyT:

Exactly o..1 has to be obo..my elder sista had to remove a tooth or 2 at 8k or above..
My sister I tire o, if I pay like 4k for just registration and consultancy I wonder how much I should pay for treatment I just gave up angry
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by samjadinero(m): 11:59am On Feb 14, 2016
Eyin goro.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by MissIndependent(f): 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hello @Op please how much do u think scaling and polishing will cost in a good Dental Clinic in Lagos? Can u please tell me the names of the Dental clinic and location I can visit in lag for scaling and polishing? And the amount please. Thanks smiley
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
MissIndependent:
Hello @Op please how much do u think scaling and polishing will cost in a good Dental Clinic in Lagos? Can u please tell me the names of the Dental clinic and location I can visit in lag for scaling and polishing? And the amount please. Thanks smiley

I'm based in Kaduna. But I'll ask my friends in Lag. I'll get back to u. Or contact me on my whatsapp number, I posted earlier on.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by MissIndependent(f): 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
brainy4oli:

I'm based in Kaduna. But I'll ask my friends in Lag. I'll get back to u. Or contact me on my whatsapp number, I posted earlier on.
Ok thanks
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by swaggzo(m): 11:14am On Feb 15, 2016
iluvkpetus:
This has been giving me psychological trauma since my sec school days as i find it so difficult to engage in a normal conversation with a girl, I onced asked my mum the reason why my teeth is brown and she told me it was as a result of the highly concentrated herbs and an antibiotics which contains tetracycline i used when i was very ill at infantry. Is there possibility that a white sparkling teeth can be achieved if I visit a dentist nd please How much does it cost?...Thanks

DO YOU KNOW WHAT "GOLD SLUGS" ARE?

THERE ARE CERAMIC WHITE CROWNS THAT ARE SIMILAR TO GOLD SLUGS THAT CAN BE WORN ON THE AFFECTED TOOTH OR TEETH.

I'M ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH YOU.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by iluvkpetus: 9:07am On Feb 16, 2016
swaggzo:

DO YOU KNOW WHAT "GOLD SLUGS" ARE?

THERE ARE CERAMIC WHITE CROWNS THAT ARE SIMILAR TO GOLD SLUGS THAT CAN BE WORN ON THE AFFECTED TOOTH OR TEETH.

I'M ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH YOU.
Did u do that as well,If yes...How much does it cost?
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by irynterri(f): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
iluvkpetus:
..as a student dental technologist i'm aware that your teeth can be prepared so that you can put on porcelain crowns(quite expensive though) or you can wear veneers which are cheaper but in advanced dentistry all the surgeon has to do is internal or post canal bleaching..my sincere advise walk up to any standard dental clinic and explain your situation..I had a friend with cleft palate and it was affecting his esteem he took courage and walked up to a clinic and to his greatest surprise an NGO smile train was giving totally free treatment and the rest is history..you can find out about smile train and know if they can sponsor you
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by swaggzo(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
iluvkpetus:

QUITE EXPENSIVE. DEPENDS ON YOUR LOCATION, AND QUALITY OF THE SLUGS.
CAN RANGE FROM 3K TO 50K PER SLUG.
I DID MINE IN ZARIA. ... 12 SLUGS OF 5K IS WHAT I USE.
CAN LAST UP TO 10 YEARS BEFORE YOU THINK OF DOING REPLACEMENTS.
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by Ebimablog: 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
Those pictures can cause a child convulsion.

Meanwhile if you live in Asaba, onitsha and environs and you need good private dental treatment, you can reach me using my contact details
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by dolapoesho: 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
Let’s face it. Many people fear you.

Seventy five (75%) percent of adults experience some degree of dental fear, from mild to severe.

Five to ten percent have dental phobia who avoid dental care at all costs.

What is it with dentists?

When people were asked to think about the last time they searched for health and medical information, as well as doctors or other health professionals…

https://wsiaxon.com/dental-marketing-ideas-dentists/
Re: Pictures: What you didn't know your dentist could do. by frankhert2019: 3:38am On Apr 14, 2019
This is great work. I mean truly. There;s also this clinic that does world class work, Choice Dental Clinic, its amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ju8ECSuPs,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFm7pGpGNBY

But to be clear, its not every dentist thats qualified to perform every procedure, so its pertinent to research the extent of training and clinical experience that a prospective dentist has, particularly with regard to specialty procedures.

For example, not all dentists are trained in performing the full array of cosmetic or restorative procedures and may in fact refer certain cases to colleagues. A referral may be a less convenient option

(1) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Flags Off COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Campaign In Enugu / How Do I Prevent My Hair From Splitting/breaking? / Blood Groups And Healthy Eating Habits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.