Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court (28665 Views)

N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN / MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court Over Fine / NCC Moves To Deactivate MTN Subscribers Over Refusal To Pay N1.4trn Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by KelvinKelt(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2015
bigass:

This fine needs to be increased and anti-competitive laws strengthened
U're heartless! In fact, u have de heart of a lion(no mercy).
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by CioAngels(f): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2015
I saw it coming this way. Mtn don see nigeria finishoo. They know nigeria is counry with No Rules, Laws and Standard. If our lawmakers are collecting huge airtime everymonth and baba iyabo collects 1# per all recharges, then were is the respect to nigeria from south africa mtn. Nigerian leaders have sold nigeria's birthrights to foreigners. SHAMEFUL.
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by Johnsown1(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2015
If they don't have the cash at hand, let them send my own share to my account
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by NDIRU: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
2sex:
what's wrong with you people? Do you know how much people pay in develop world's?

Go figure

Its funny how you are quick to make the above statement without doing any research, please refer to the link below in order to educate yourself.

N:B you are also very right about developed world , but let me remind you "Nigeria is not a developed country nor its any close to being such".

I am not advocating for MTN or any company to break laws and regulation ,all i am trying to say is the word "Reasonability" needs to be applied before coming with any fine/penalties which in this case it did not happen.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-of-the-biggest-corporate-penalties-ever-2013-09-27
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by redsconsult(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ramos16:

I know how the amount was come about, what I am saying is that the amount surmounted to a very large sum, hence considerations should be given, considering that MTN may likely run out of business if they pay that amount;
do you also consider what their negligence have cause the country.. how many ve died cos of their negligence due to terrorist actuvities and kidnapping ...if it means they should run out of biz ..who cares ..theirs is not the first
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by Johnsown1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
What is even wrong with mtn line. I tried calling an my brosy MTN number,i ranged bt was picked a another person and she is asking me to explain my self that am calling her line.
Is it network collision or superimposed network?
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by Dhotseal(m): 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
papparatzzi2013:

Human beings are talking, this South African bingo too is showing up.

Mor0n.

Your mental laziness is very obvious from the fact that u could conclude on my nationality from....yes, nothing. Dude, u need to start using your brains. In other news, I am more Nigerian than u could ever hope to be.
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by papparatzzi2013: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dhotseal:

Your mental laziness is very obvious from the fact that u could conclude on my nationality from....yes, nothing. Dude, u need to start using your brains. In other news, I am more Nigerian than u could ever hope to be.

Who cares whether you are from ISIS or Somalia? The only obvious fact here is that you are a mor0n.
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by Bestbeelieve: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Who is joking here?let me get back and that money has not been paid.Imagine....
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by Dhotseal(m): 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
papparatzzi2013:

Who cares whether you are from ISIS or Somalia? The only obvious fact here is that you are a mor0n.

Comment from a retard...I guess I should take u serious right?
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by adaxxy: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigass:

I want MTN out my country. I hate the Name
they're thieves
Re: 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court by KINGOFJAPAN: 5:19am On Jan 03, 2016
OohLalah:
Good move Mr Putuma Nhleko, Sir! Now let the games begin.

NOW! MTN should make sure the court case attracts major publicity internationally, it will definitely have a huge negative impact on Nigeria. Investors will run.

I knew MTN would not take this lying down. cheesy
investors run from naija? Kikiki
It's good to dream, dream on bish grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Razes Auto Spare Parts Market In Ibadan (Photos, Video) / Arthur Eze Dances To 'Igba Eze' At His Residence In Ukpo,Anambra / CBN Signals End To Official Rate Regime For Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.