Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

African Man With 999 Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / African Man With 999 Wives (1986 Views)

Emasculation Of The African Man / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Man With 999 Wives by AloyEmeka9: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2009
Prince Zimboo is hip-hop's African Borat. He has 999 wives. He hails from an unnamed region of central Africa known simply as d'bush. His full name is Prince Zimboo Abakunamabooba.
Zimboo has been performing since at least 2007, and his fame has grown of late, thanks to his association with Diplo, the DJ and producer best known for his work with MIA.According to Slate.com, Diplo is preparing a reggae project called Major Lazer, and Zimboo, based in Jamaica, has been announced as one of the album's featured guests.

So who is he really? Prince Zimboo is the alter ego of Jamaican dance-hall producer Asanney "Asani" Morris.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/06/prince-zimboos-999-wives-_0_n_212147.html

31 Comments »

What an idiot

Comment by Ange Sossere — May 31, 2009 @ 11:58 am

That Is “NASTY”, He Must Be MUSLIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because, they are the one of the many Islamic Cultures That Believe In This Kind Of Marriage.

I Am Sorry, But Please! He Thinks He Is “KING SOLOMON”!

I Hope That He Has The “FINANCIAL MEANS”, Like King Solomon, did when he had - 700 Wives, 1,000 Concubine.

That Is Just A Life That I Could Never AGREE TOO THAT! And If My Parents Try Too Force Me Into Something Like That, I Would Commit Suicide!

I am not Sharing My Body With Every Woman, That Man Has. Because, when he has sexual relations with those women; it is sharing their bodily fluids aswell.

That Is Just Disgusting Too Me, Thank Goodness I Wasnt Raised In That Kind Of Enviroment Where My Only Choice Has Resorted Too This.

God Bless Too Those Woman, I am Sorry That This Is The Reality They Have Surcumb Too!

Comment by Kahndi2000 — May 31, 2009 @ 1:04 pm

prince zomboo is not muslim because in islam only four wives are allowed(if he can afford all of them with equal financial sponsorship and equal rights)otherwise only 1 wife is allowed if he is not capable of filfulling same rights to others one.thanks

Comment by raza — May 31, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

Think you should know prince zimboo is just his stage name. He is not even African he is from Jamaica and the line about 999 wives is a line from a song.

“My wives worldwide number 999, the only one I don’t sleep with is 69″

His big song in Jamaica was Her beauty is just a light switch away. He is just a comedic singer.

Comment by HillView — May 31, 2009 @ 2:20 pm

If you study King Solomon you will find there was a limit to how many of everything and everyone a King was allowed to have and King Solomon broke the rule on that which eventually led to his down fall.
He took wives he was not supposed to take and when he aged they turned his heart.

Comment by CC — May 31, 2009 @ 9:20 pm

sounds like mormonism or polygamy.

Comment by tiffany — May 31, 2009 @ 11:06 pm

This is a reply to Khandi2000!

How can u admit that tis guy is a Muslim?
You are such an ignorant and illeterate as u judge a religion without knowing its basic and inherent principles?

An advice: get acquainted with a religion before giving random and unwise judgements.

Comment by Rym — June 1, 2009 @ 12:55 am

Makes me wonder why and how people can only think of Muslims with sooooo many wives when here in the good old USA there are sects AND religons where men have 6 wives (or maybe more) and plenty of children. Watch TV or read anyone?

Comment by WhatEv — June 1, 2009 @ 10:03 am

To: Kahndi2000 — I totally agree with rym in suggesting you that the you should get basic knowledge about the golden principles of Islam which turned the dark world of ignorance with the lights of human kind and human respect. The few people leaving the negative image of Islam are not actually the true followers of Islam and are misled, as Islam leads to respect for all; even non-muslims. You must study it….

Comment by SA — June 1, 2009 @ 10:11 am

Don’t you find it interesting how a discussion on this “Clown Prince” has subsequently turned into a discussion on Muslims. You are right….Kahndi2000 really should know what she’s talking about before speaking….but then so should Tiffany. Polygamy is simply having multiple spouses, male or female. However, mainstream Mormanism hasn’t practiced polygamy since the late 1800’s, in accordance with federal law. There are offshoots, of course, like the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints on the YFZ Ranch in Texas that was raided last year by Child Protective Services. (Incidentally, nearly all of those children were returned to their parents). And there are other cults.
However, Muslim is no more a cult than Mormonism (LDS). By the way, cult comes from the word “occult”, meaning hidden. Cults are often defined by they way they are hidden from society. My own churches’ doors are wide open for anyone to enter or leave as they choose. In my humble opinion, they all should be. As for the “Clown Prince”, what makes you think he has to support all his wives? If he has multiple wives, he’s probably unhappy enough.

Comment by Diamar — June 1, 2009 @ 11:23 am

This is a reply to Khandi2000!

What a slowpoke you are. You contradicted yourself in the first 2 sentences. First you say that he must be a Muslim then you compare him to King Solomon. FYI King Solomon was not a Muslim.

I am pretty sure if you name your religion I will be able to cite some instances within your religion.

Comment by Dani — June 1, 2009 @ 1:27 pm

Ok. All religons are the same when you get down to it. Judaism Christianity/Catholiscism, Buddhism, Islam etc. are all basically the same at heart. They all preach morals good for all men and women. They all have masses of followers and they all have a dark side. Jew’s and Musilums hate each other. Why? not because of religon but because of Jews migrating to the holy lands and the british giving the jews a plot of land out of what was traditionally (if you go back far enough) islamic lands. Christians and Cathlocs hated each other because of the protestants throwing off the shackles of rome. Buddhism I will admit I don’t know much about. My point is ALL RELIGONS ARE THE SAME WITH ONLY MINUTE DIFFERENCES THAT DONT MEAN A THING! ALSO MOST RELIGOUS STRIFE HAS NEXT TO NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGON!
Ahhh…, I feel better now.

Comment by Kris Picman — June 1, 2009 @ 4:16 pm

Can’t we all just get along?

Comment by john316 — June 1, 2009 @ 4:26 pm

Kris,

Except Christianity has the risen Christ. All other “Prophets” are in the grave. Christianity is not a moral compass to look to. Relationship based on repentence. Name another religion where a lifelong criminal can be granted access to heaven and eternal life (or nirvana, bliss or whatever you want it to be) while hanging on a cross being punished for your sins.

Comment by Woody — June 1, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

You all realize this is one of those pull you leg spoofs… READ it again ….
Borat was that wacko comedian you went around gettin laughs at your expense when you believed the bull …, haha on you all ….

Comment by David — June 1, 2009 @ 5:15 pm

I am surprised the Prince has not died of AIDS yet.

Comment by cdrsjb — June 1, 2009 @ 9:11 pm

Its one thing to quote the Bible pertaining to King Solomon, but before quoting, try reading and setting the facts straight. Since it you look i First Kings chapter 11 verse 3 where it clearly states that King Solomon had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines.

As for the prince well thats another story which I am not familiar with, but I chose to set the record straight on the issue involving King Solomon.

Comment by John W — June 1, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

Are you people high? How did mainstream religion (or your own misinformed and frankly ass-backwards interpretations thereof) even get into this comment stream? This blip is about a performer. A PERFORMER. You know, someone who pretends to do sensational and bizarre things in a parody of real life? There are no 999 wives, and there is no place called “da bush”. Its not real. He’s not real. Niether are the tiny little people who live in the box in front of your sofa…,

Comment by SmartypantsMcgeewhiz — June 2, 2009 @ 1:12 am

Holy Shit !!!He’s a Hugh Heffner turbo!

Comment by Ray — June 2, 2009 @ 2:28 am

Until now I had never heard of this PERFORMER; Most artists will tell you that they have to do something to make themselves to stand out in the sea of people in their field trying to become famous, before they die. Every faith/religion has people, that’s kind of a part of the religion being practiced is that it has people. People are humans and that means they are imperfect, nobody’s fault just the way we are. I have not heard of a any faith/religion that does not have people that shame it and give it a bad name, just as there are good people that give their faith/religion a good reputation. This PERFORMER is trying to get your attention to make him famous with whatever it takes, and he has look at the comments. Don’t attribute him as a representative to any religion is my advice.

Comment by sharifa — June 2, 2009 @ 3:02 am

Here in comments some one has comment that he must be a muslim because it is in muslim cultures. The commentor should know truth then he should pass that such marks becasue in Islam a man can marriage with 4 women but it is exceptional and with reasons because Quran says that one wife is sufficient because you can not justice between your 4 wives. So, such comments should not be permitted to authority to display on net.

Comment by Mian Sohail Ahmed — June 6, 2009 @ 3:10 am

How i envy this man for reducing the number of single mothers. If we can only encourage a few thousands more then the world can be rid of the ‘other woman’.
I envy him. Long live zimbo.

Comment by GEORGE ADONGO — June 6, 2009 @ 4:45 am

This buls hit is already a christian bcoz they know only to Bleep and he is fukcer of 999 fuckies

Comment by aijaz — June 6, 2009 @ 8:08 am

To: Kahndi2000 : i think you khandi2000 are 1 out of these 999 or ou will make it 1000 from 999 because you are also of that category and you can come to know this zimboo’s religion by his name only it clearly says that He is bloody non- muslim

Comment by aijaz — June 6, 2009 @ 8:20 am

Why you always blaming on Muslims. Jews are poligamists too even worse than Muslims.They can have one wife and as many lovers as they want.

Comment by John Wilde — June 6, 2009 @ 8:40 am

what makes you say he’s a muslim?, oh right…because in YOUR culture marriage has alot of sacred meaning and sanctity left right? you marry in your “little white chapel” and get divorced the next morning….wow, some nerve people have to comment on other cultures…take a look at your drug infected, sex driven disgusting culture.
shame on you, because you’v probably slept with half a trillion men already. you have no sanctity and purity left in you…corrupt.
and muslims are not forced to marry…, if you come out of your ignorance, your little world where you think your so advanced, and read a little, you’ll find out women have more than equal the rights of men in islam…. these radial fundamentalists are the ones who you look at….because its in your nature to deny the good in other cultures……,

Comment by nugget — June 6, 2009 @ 8:56 am

Than why is it Muslim men are allowed to violate their wives in marriage without Equal partners consent? Why are women fighting in secret in their own culture for rights? Why do they have to cover themselves and appear ghostly to protect what, man from viewing them as sexual objects? That’s really sad. It seems women in that culture have to sacrifice allot to keep their man under spiritual control which never works. Oh and the Muslim men in Heaven get 40 Virgins right and what do the women get, I guess we get to be the recycled virgins. God will judge Evil from the heart and by each individual’s motive. That means no religion is safe. All real believers must separate culture (mans mad ideas which changes time to time based on environment ECT) from really allowing yourself to see the real God.

Comment by lance — June 6, 2009 @ 11:00 am

Yes yes people… we know kandi (as nutritious free as her name suggest) don’t know what shes talking about. I’m not Muslim, a Jew, or Catholic, but because of her ignorance and the way every one was quick to come point out the flaws in her “backward” way of thinking i started to do a little research of the many religions including my own. I am learning alot…i have to give it to the girl…. sometimes it takes an misguided person (aka idiot) to open up peoples minds so we can choose to go forward and learn… (George Bush was that for this Country.)

By the way… I am Jamaican… there is no Prince Zimboo…. just a name a performer gave himself…. no 999 wives, listen to the lyrics if you can follow… plus in almost every religion, the person you’re sleeping with is considered your wife/husband because of the intimacy shared (that whole thing about the two becoming one)… i highly doubt this artist has slept with 999 woman but honestly we know that some people out there will stick there ish in anything…

Comment by stunedgurl — June 6, 2009 @ 11:17 am

All performers have so-called stage names, as do most authors. Is anyone out there aware of that? Because a song says so, doesn’t mean it is so. No Prince, No 999 wives. Only a performer, and a song!

Comment by Renee — June 6, 2009 @ 12:05 pm

Yeah go nugget!
“OMG he’s got 999 wives that don’t really exist!!! What a Muslim!”
How ignorant can some people be?

Comment by A Bit Of Sanity — June 6, 2009 @ 12:09 pm

well all i am saying everything is muslims fault . . . . lol just kidding

Comment by astro — June 6, 2009 @ 12:40 pm
Re: African Man With 999 Wives by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 07, 2009
*Pukes*
Re: African Man With 999 Wives by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 07, 2009
Speechless
Re: African Man With 999 Wives by jamace(m): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2009
Those 999 women can't qualify for wives. This is because the man will only end up being the core investor while some other men will be the technical partners una know what I mean ba? grin grin.
Re: African Man With 999 Wives by SeanT21(f): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2009
What a LUCKY MAN!!! wink
Re: African Man With 999 Wives by ifyalways(f): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2009
His name is damn too fuuny cheesy
Re: African Man With 999 Wives by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2009
I think they are just exaggerating it.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Inform My Inlaw?. / Kind Advisers / She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.