Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? (1090 Views)

Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). / Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary / INEC Official, Three Other Female Dead Bodies Found In Room In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by Revolution: 12:03am On Dec 18, 2015
Why are so many photos of dead bodies uploaded on Nairaland? I think it is disrespectful to the dead and their families and should be stopped and/or banned. One day, that's if it hasn't already happened, family members and friends of a victim may end up seeing the body of their loved one on Nairaland before they have been informed of the death. In developed countries dead bodies are not published in this manner because life has greater value and bodies of the deceased are respected.

Recently, we saw the bodies of the dead being robbed in Zaria. Shameful. No level of poverty, nor greed, should trigger such a shameless act. It is so sad that in this social media age people think of taking pictures when they see a victim (dead or alive) instead of doing something to help the situation or person. Today, I saw a headline about the unclad body of a dumped rape victim. Although I didn't open it, I assume it was another offensive picture that needn't be published to make the point.

Let us be the change we want to see in Nigeria by stopping the upload of dead bodies on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:05am On Dec 18, 2015
kiiling innocent people does not bother you as long as you don't see them?
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by Kingkamal(m): 12:13am On Dec 18, 2015
Let it continue because we are all dead bodies except for the movement and breathe.. dead remind you God sometimes.
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by Revolution: 12:13am On Dec 18, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
kiiling innocent people does not bother you as long as you don't see them?

It bothers me very much. I hate that life seems to be of little value in Nigeria and I am annoyed at Buhari's response, or lack of, to the massacre in Zaria. I only need to read about it to be bothered and saddened by it, I don't need to see the photos. If a relative of mine was one of the dead I wouldn't want it published all over the internet.

1 Like

Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by DelGardo: 1:17am On Dec 18, 2015
I support your proposition, OP.

Most of us have lost a substantial measure of decency occssioned by severe bad governance and disappearing values. The societal decay is deep and uncivilized disposition towards the dead, which one sees within the Nigeria cyber community, is just a sign of this decay.

3 Likes

Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by BlackBaron: 1:23am On Dec 18, 2015
I'd previously mentioned this before, seems the owner likes it.
It's highly disrespectful and lack of courtesy to allow all manner of dead human displayed in full glare especially those that they put on the front page.
WTF man!

2 Likes

Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by ril19(m): 1:27am On Dec 18, 2015
ASAP!!!
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by rebranded(m): 2:59am On Dec 18, 2015
Seun please consider this, i strongly support also its time we get our media properly sanitized.

It builds value for life also that is being lost in our nation
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by nairamaniac: 5:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Revolution:
Why are so many photos of dead bodies uploaded on Nairaland? I think it is disrespectful to the dead and their families and should be stopped and/or banned. One day, that's if it hasn't already happened, family members and friends of a victim may end up seeing the body of their loved one on Nairaland before they have been informed of the death. In developed countries dead bodies are not published in this manner because life has greater value and bodies of the deceased are respected.

Recently, we saw the bodies of the dead being robbed in Zaria. Shameful. No level of poverty, nor greed, should trigger such a shameless act. It is so sad that in this social media age people think of taking pictures when they see a victim (dead or alive) instead of doing something to help the situation or person. Today, I saw a headline about the unclad body of a dumped rape victim. Although I didn't open it, I assume it was another offensive picture that needn't be published to make the point.

Let us be the change we want to see in Nigeria by stopping the upload of dead bodies on Nairaland.
please give me the link to the unclad dead body.

but jokes apart, something needs to be done about it.
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by nairamaniac: 5:21am On Dec 18, 2015
BlackBaron:
It's highly disrespectful and lack of courtesy to allow all manner of dead human displayed in full glare especially those that they put on the front page.
WTF man!

Please explain.
why/how WD he like it?
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by mensdept: 5:34am On Dec 18, 2015
BlackBaron:
WTF man!

So you guys don't want to face the music and see the filth that people have been facing and seeing right in front of their compound, dilapidated schools and roads in the zoo abi?

Next you will asking for bans on talking about the money senators and governors are stealing, because it is too much to be showing on internet for the world to see.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by krall69: 5:48am On Dec 18, 2015
That is why they put veiwer discretion advice. If dead body pictures trouble you dont look at it. Let those it doesnt trouble look as they please. Let the world see the evil that is going on in this country.
Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by BlackBaron: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2015
mensdept:

So you guys don't want to face the music and see the filth that people have been facing and seeing right in front of their compound, dilapidated schools and roads in the zoo abi?

Next you will asking for bans on talking about the money senators and governors are stealing, because it is too much to be showing on internet for the world to see.

Nonsense
How does depicting gore and mangled corpses equate to your own half brained analogy! Is that your life goal to feast your eyes on dead victims of mostly innocents?
Most of the pics here are accident and crime victims which sometimes can be distressing to people close to them.

If your humanity has been stripped to seeing dead bodies strewn everywhere like dead flies as a normality, then you may as well continue.

1 Like

Re: Should Uploading Photos Of Dead Bodies Be Banned On Nairaland? by Revolution: 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
krall69:
That is why they put veiwer discretion advice. If dead body pictures trouble you dont look at it. Let those it doesnt trouble look as they please. Let the world see the evil that is going on in this country.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Would you like pictures of your dead relatives published on the internet, without your knowledge and permission?

Viewing distasteful pictures for no useful purpose whatsoever desensitizes the viewers. Desensitized people are not moved by dead bodies and that is why they can rob them and take pictures of them instead of doing something to help the situation or the injured.

(1) (Reply)

World-Famous Architect Dame Zaha Hadid Dies / The Top Most Populated Cities In Nigeria / Breaking: BSU Final Year Student Killed By Suspected Cultist Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.