Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary (22819 Views)

Buhari Orders DSS To Hand Over Judges Cases To EFCC / Why Malami Shuns EFCC, Sends Judges’ Cases To DSS / Metuh Has Admitted Collecting N400m From Dasuki – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by chidiandre(m): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2015
love the new efcc under PMB .....wish the police were more effective like this

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by omenka(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2015
modath:

Nurse Metusellah is displaying the typical attitude of an arsonist being the first to shout "fire" in order to deflect attention from himself.....

He will explain the nameless job FORTUNATO duly funded from the nation's commonwealth..

Apart from money Laundering charges, he knows quite well that when the probe is done deeply into the nitty gritty , his property company "Legend Properties in Maitama Abuja will surely be tied to many illicit & unlawful acquisition of properties abroad (looted states & federal funds)

Horrible & uncouth man!!! sad
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2015
carinmom:
Who will take care of PDP if the auxiliary nurse is arrested?
I will take care of that and effectively manage the communication affairs of the party while Metuh face justice.

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
leave metuh alone. he is the voice of the opposition
If he's innocent he'll be vindicated but if otherwise, let him pay for his deeds.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by front247: 9:13am On Dec 18, 2015
does it mean it is only pdp that is curropt nigeria is a zoo
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by Goke7: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2015
hotdi:

All of them are quick to point finger at GEJ. Did Jonathan ask him to launder money with his private company?
The bitter truth is that all this men worked against GEJ while in office without his knowledge and karma is catching up with them.

very true my brother, the so called GEJ supporters were actually the ones who worked against him, not the APC and their gang. It's looking more as if its the people who voted GEJ out, loved him the most to rescue him from the hands of sycophants such as dasuki, metuh and co who were only using GEJ's name to launder money, they never loved their so called beloved hero, they only wanted him to continue in office for the stealing to continue. Bunch of thieves.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by Goke7: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
leave metuh alone. he is the voice of the opposition

No he is the voice of looters! grin
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by front247: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2015
apc want to suppress d opposition and suppress d masses una say na change u want una go hear am
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by Goke7: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2015
front247:
apc want to suppress d opposition and suppress d masses una say na change u want una go hear am

suppress by asking people to account for FG's stolen money! common man, you are more than this grin
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by Goke7: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2015
front247:

pdp was the ruling party from 1999 until may this year, you guys forgot that at a time, only Lagos state and one or two states were not pdp. Opposition was almost non existent. They really held sway for so long.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by dammytosh: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2015
Goke7:

suppress by asking people to account for FG's stolen money! common man, you are more than this grin

May be you overated him.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by dammytosh: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I will take care of that and effectively manage the communication affairs of the party while Metuh face justice.

As much as i av never agreed with you on any political view.

Your stand on corruption is commendable and patriotic. I hope Chukwudi learn to call a spade a spade too when issues around corruption is being politicized.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by dammytosh: 9:30am On Dec 18, 2015
front247:

May be .

When Ribadu was there. 90% of thieves arrested were PDP despite being in power.

It was the same WitchHunt song
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by billyG(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2015
mbulela:
17 Dec 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/efcc-metuh-has-cases-to-answer-says-his-alarm-was-unnecessary/228215/

The alarm raised by the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Olisa Metuh, last Tuesday in Abuja, alleging threat to his life was “unnecessary and an attempt to pre-empt his arrest’’ by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), an operative of the anti-graft agency told THISDAY last night.

“We have been able to established that two of his registered companies were used to launder money to some key members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He has several questions to answer. And we will soon invite him officially for interrogation.

“We believe the alarm he raised on Tuesday was unnecessary and it was an attempt to pre-empt our move. But he has failed. Some of these suspects believe they can use the media to forestall our determination to get them to account for their dirty deals and it would not work for them,’’ the EFCC source stated.

The operative of the EFCC who is deeply involved in the ongoing investigation of many of the suspects linked to the alleged arms deals by the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), further told THISDAY that more of the “key leaders of the PDP, including a member of the party’s board of trustees,’’ would soon be invited for interrogation.

“One or two of them are currently outside the country; we have requested them to come and clarify some issues suspected to be money laundering,’’ the source added.

Metuh, during a news conference last Tuesday, had claimed that his life was under threat by some suspected federal government’s agents.

“Gentlemen, this news briefing is expedient, taken into consideration the times we find ourselves, especially as they relate to me. In the last seven months, as opposition spokesperson, I have been hounded, harassed, intimidated and threatened severally.

• “In order to avoid personal and family pressure, I had refrained from bringing them to the public domain,” Metuh had claimed.

• He alleged that recent events around him and information available to him, had given him cause to believe that some persons in power were out to eliminate him.

• The PDP’s spokesman said he had not taken any public office and that the choice of where, how and when to invest and conduct his personal business remained his prerogative.

Metuh added: “In this regard, I note that I never had any contract dealings with the immediate past federal government or any of its security apparatus. As the National Publicity Secretary of our party, the then leader of our party and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria invited me and directed that I carry out some assignment relating to my office and he funded it.

• “It is important to note that the former president was fully satisfied with the way and manner I handled the assignment. Finally, I reiterate that the present government should not use the apparatus of state power to settle personal scores.’’

He declined answers to questions on some of the issues he raised during the press conference.
This Metuh cn lie,he s^id he never got ^ny job frm govt. yet he s^id he collected ^ job frm d prsdnt who p^id him frm d coffer,let him tell us d job he does th^t he does th^t is worth #450milln frm D^suki.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2015
mbulela:

It is the Portuguese word for Good luck grin

Hahahahahahhahaaaa
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by charlycharles(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2015
Useless govt of vendata... dats all we ll get afta 4 yrs of dis childish administration sorry regime.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by charlycharles(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2015
Useless govt of vendata... dats all we ll get afta 4 yrs of dis childish administration sorry regime.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by lawydewy(m): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=mrmetoo1 post=41108581]

Very true! But imagine that happening in Nigeria. Problem is we have too many criminals' sympathizers, there'll be guys wailing talking about someone being a dictator, or talking about tribe or religion or party affiliation. In the US, everyone is united when its comes to prosecuting a criminal but in Nigeria people always take sides depending on where their interest lie. The picture of Dokpesi in prison says a lot though, we need more of those.[/quote
It started shortly after OBJ left. But it came up openly when Yaradua died. Most Politicians openly propagated politics along tribal and religious line regarding Dr Jonathan must be or not the president forgetting the Constitution.
Now we are reaping the consequences of the Nigeria blindfolded style of politics ,where people support there tribal/religious man may good or bad!
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by lawydewy(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Very true! But imagine that happening in Nigeria. Problem is we have too many criminals' sympathizers, there'll be guys wailing talking about someone being a dictator, or talking about tribe or religion or party affiliation. In the US, everyone is united when its comes to prosecuting a criminal but in Nigeria people always take sides depending on where their interest lie. The picture of Dokpesi in prison says a lot though, we need more of those.
It started shortly after OBJ left. But it came up openly when Yaradua died. Most Politicians openly propagated politics along tribal and religious line regarding Dr Jonathan must be or not the president forgetting the Constitution.
Now we are reaping the consequences of the Nigeria blindfolded style of politics ,where people support there tribal/religious man may good or bad!
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by hotdi(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2015
Goke7:

very true my brother, the so called GEJ supporters were actually the ones who worked against him, not the APC and their gang. It's looking more as if its the people who voted GEJ out, loved him the most to rescue him from the hands of sycophants such as dasuki, metuh and co who were only using GEJ's name to launder money, they never loved their so called beloved hero, they only wanted him to continue in office for the stealing to continue. Bunch of thieves.

Exactly.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by gbishman: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2015
This has nothing to do with using state power to witch hunt anyone, its simple if the crime sniffers have substantial evidence to prove that a person or group of persons were involved in cases bothering on money laundry they have the right to invite anyone for question.
I don’t think any innocent person would be crying wolf when he has not yet be invited.
So Metuh be ready for invitation and prove them wrong if u are innocent.
That’s all.

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by billyG(m): 9:55am On Dec 18, 2015
hotdi:

All of them are quick to point finger at GEJ. Did Jonathan ask him to launder money with his private company?
The bitter truth is that all this men worked against GEJ while in office without his knowledge and karma is catching up with them.
He s^id Fortunto g^ve him money.let him denied it.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:59am On Dec 18, 2015
dammytosh:

As much as i av never agreed with you on any political view.

Your stand on corruption is commendable and patriotic. I hope Chukwudi learn to call a spade a spade too when issues around corruption is being politicized.
It is dishonourable to protect an alleged thief from facing justice.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2015
hedonistic:

And then how do you compensate them for the public humiliation and barbaric treatment you just prescribed? How can they go back to their normal lives when by kicking down their doors and parading them in handcuffs and criminal robes in public, you have already damaged their public image and depicted them as guilty in the court of public opinion? Some of you are unreasonable.

There is a reason suspects are always deemed innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law. Besides it is not their duty to prove their innocence. It is the duty of the prosecuting authority to prove their guilt.
Barbaric?! Yes, go ahead and teach me how the law works. It's funny how you highlighted the part where I said they are free to continue their normal lives if they prove their innocence, but wilfully ignored the preceding statement where I said their guilt CAN and WILL be proven by the Prosecution. Stop being a criminal sympathizer.

You think you will be accused of treason the type Dasuki committed and you will saunter into my court room like a rock star? Or you will be accused of crimes the magnitude of Dokpesi's and you will tote cell phones as if you're in your living room? My point is you treat them that way because you have a ironclad case and their public image won't be dented because they are going to be convicted. They will not be "compensated" for anything like you suggested because their guilt will be proven and the next destination is prison. You will respect the court, you will subject yourself to its power and you will face the fact that you are half-way free, and will remain so until your innocence is fully proven. Until Nigeria learns to make the court, and judges, the most powerful institutions in the land, everything else will remain a joke. That's why you have instances where a Mr.Saraki will go to court and refuse to enter the witness box. You try that in my courtroom and I'll throw you in jail for contempt and I won't recall you for 3 days; by then hopefully you'd have come to your senses. And I'm only giving 3days in jail because of his position as senate president. Were he to be an ordinary citizen, I'd give him 3weeks, easily, to clear his brain of any madness that might have sought residence there.

Everything I analyzed is how it happens in the developed world which you are trying to emulate. If you do not want to be treated like I enumerated above, then do everything in your power to avoid coming in contact with law enforcement. Do not break the law or you will be treated like a criminal.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by sochima1989(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2015
ikwekwekwe you are the first wailing team member to comment.

the issue of opposition has nothing to do with a witch.....if metuh is part of the witches please hunt him down........
and you know non of them have denied recent allegations on them rather they tie their deeds to normal transactions.

but do u mean because they are oppositions they should not be questioned?
and please ehn dont ask me of Amechi, Fashola etal.......... its an open media present your case and efcc takes it up.........
Opinedecandid:
Keep hounding down of the opposition.

It will count for you as an achievement after one year in office.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by sochima1989(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
e dey pain you say them wan fight corruption? thank God buhari stated all you mentioned in his asset declaration.
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
tinktanker:
Anyone Dat kicks against APC dem go pin one lie on u n use EFCC on u. Yet EFCC never go arrest buhari on his $300,000/2cars case. Mtcheww. Soon na Fayose 'n ffk dem lie for DIA head.

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by sochima1989(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2015
oh boy ehhh you funny oh.......but God fit punish you for praying such though your comment sounds like that of the pharisees.......but try and read the comment of Adeoladele( two comments ahead of yours), He called your problem 'Congenital Stupidity' i really pity the people you teach if truly tou are a christain
amusadele:
And Buhari will fail in no distance time. Right from time there is no where in the world, whether it is through scientific means, whether through any other known means where an opposition party or any other tribe provided, it is outside the the rulling party or those Buhari regards as 5% vote against him has been peoven to be the ONLY corrupt group. This is a clear divisive means. Buhari will end in a way that will leave only questions we are not expecting.
Buhari will never succeed. Amen.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by sochima1989(m): 10:20am On Dec 18, 2015
oh boy i need oh......but hope Dasuki no go call our name say we follow chop the arms deal for your bday?
happy bday padi
Jraph:

thank God

chat me up if you need free data its my birthday and its free
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by billyG(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2015
Dullard like Metuh shld know th^t crimin^ls h^ve d Right to rem^in Silence.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by Afolabi78: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2015
amusadele:
And Buhari will fail in no distance time. Right from time there is no where in the world, whether it is through scientific means, whether through any other known means where an opposition party or any other tribe provided, it is outside the the rulling party or those Buhari regards as 5% vote against him has been peoven to be the ONLY corrupt group. This is a clear divisive means. Buhari will end in a way that will leave only questions we are not expecting.
Buhari will never succeed. Amen.
may Your Life Be Rules As Gej Rules Nigeria.
Re: EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary by TheSpellChecker: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2015
IykeChukz:
This corruption fight is getting interested day after day...

But I'm afraid now because when they told me to port, I refused...

God save me...

Take note, interesting not interested, okay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong / I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. / 15 Boko-Haram Suspects Arrested In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.