Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,998 members, 7,806,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH (1895 Views)

Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW / Power Supply Drops By 1,647MW / Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2015

’Femi Asu and Okechukwu Nnodim

Power supply to households and businesses across the country plunged by 724.98 megawatts in 24 hours to 3,107.31MW on Wednesday, down from 3,832.29MW on Tuesday.

The electricity generated on Wednesday dropped to 3,175.92MW from 3,914.74MW the previous day, according to data obtained from the Presidential Task Force on Power and the Federal Ministry of Power on Thursday.

Following Wednesday’s drop, the national grid has lost 1,707.98MW in the last 24 days.

The PUNCH had on Tuesday reported that the nation lost 1,153.66MW of power in 20 days, worsening the load shedding arrangement that electricity distribution companies have been subjecting consumers to.

The electricity generated on Sunday, December 13, stood at 3,730.24MW, down from a peak of 4,883.90MW achieved on November 23, according to data from the Federal Ministry of Power.

Following the dip in generation, power supply to households and businesses across the country dropped to 3,651.82MW on December 13 from 3,920.07MW on December 8, when the generation stood at 4,008MW.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, had recently said subject to budgetary provisions, the ministry would build some critical infrastructure to transport gas to the power plants in order to add 2,000MW to the country’s stock of electricity in the next 12 to15 months.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has licensed eight companies to generate 1,648.25MW of electricity.

According to NERC, the licences were issued at its headquarter in Abuja on Wednesday.

It said the licences were a mixture of on-grid, off-grid, embedded generation and electricity distribution.

The commission, in a statement on Thursday, said, “One of the licensees, Ossiomo Offistes and Utilities/Ossiomo Power and Infrastructure, based in Edo State, will engage in electricity distribution and in embedded generation of 55MW gas power electricity.”

Copyright PUNCH.
http://www.punchng.com/power-supply-drops-by-725mw-in-24-hours/

lalasticlala
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Tolexander: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2015
The power generation has been fallen for the past 24days just as if the world force of gravity is concentrated on it.

Even Isaac Newton won't be able to calculate the rate at which it is falling if he is alive.

Fashola, we believe in you!

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2015
change tngz

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 18, 2015
I no fit laugh this yeye govt

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by matinex(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2015
I never knew the 2 or 3 months relatively stable power supply we enjoyed was a fluke. i have been on generator for the past 3 days.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2015
matinex:
I never knew the 2 or 3 months relatively stable power supply we enjoyed was a fluke. i have been on generator for the past 3 days.

sure
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by dgr8truth(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

sure

When we told you it was not Buhari's doing you didn't believe us. Rainy season is gone, now we're back to reality. Welcome back to dark days.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2015
onlinebizinfo:

When we told you it was not Buhari's doing you didn't believe us. Rainy season is gone, now we're back to reality. Welcome back to dark days.
well apc zombies said body language grin grin grin
tonyebarcanista flets kenai firefire anonimi nigerianvenom genbloodykiller grin grin grin grin grin

Cc: Teryfik Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher bomsilaga, erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom PRYCE Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Tomakint Francizy Temitemi1 Hinwazaka Dumkem21 Biafranqueen Mogidi IsraeliAirforce Candyrain Ambivert Rose2014 Opiaoku Engineerboat, Talktimi ahaika23
coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 Mizmycoli DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 and all patriots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Kingkamal(m): 9:32am On Dec 18, 2015
No Problem. Change is a process, Not an event. We will reach 12000MW soon.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2015
Kingkamal:
No Problem. Change is a process, Not an event. We will reach 12000MW soon.

CHAIN is a negative process

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2015
WILL COMMENT WHEN IT DROPS TO 200 MEGA WATTS?

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2015
Is it not the same Fashola that said he will fix the power sector in EIGHT MONTHS? For avoidance of doubt, read his own words....

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, [b]While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

[b]He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

Thankfully, PMB gave him his desire and less than 3 months we are witnessing drop in power generation.

This is a lesson to leaders. They should stop putting square pegs in round holes. Gov Fashola with due respect don't seem to have any clue on power sector. He's not even an engineer. I am sure some of the engineering jargons will sound 'strange' to him.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2015
which way Nigeria??
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by kurt09(m): 10:07am On Dec 18, 2015
Lalasticlala, you're cordially invited here
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by anigbajumo(m): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2015
Huh!!!
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by obailala(m): 11:00am On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Is it not the same Fashola that said he will fix the power sector in EIGHT MONTHS? For avoidance of doubt, read his own words....

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

Thankfully, PMB gave him his desire and less than 3 months we are witnessing drop in power generation.

This is a lesson to leaders. They should stop putting square pegs in round holes. Gov Fashola with due respect don't seem to have any clue on power sector. He's not even an engineer. I am sure some of the engineering jargons will sound 'strange' to him.
Barca did you just say this?... and you really think the problem of power in Nigeria is an 'engineering' problem and not an 'administrative' one?.... Please dont tell me you are one of those who believe a proper president should be one who studied political science.?
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by tomakint: 11:13am On Dec 18, 2015
I thought the lying liars are saying Buhari and Fashola will revamp most of our ailing sectors especially power .....even Fashola will soon realize that lying your way to power is different from lying to Nigerians in power. His lowest point is declaring a soon to come increment in power bills when there is no 12 hours per day power supply on ground yet.....let alone 24 hours supply....Fashola is just a dreamer with a lying lip.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by iokpebholo: 11:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Nigerians pls don't panic,body language is currently working on d power plants.power wil soon be restored.cheers grin

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by tomakint: 11:19am On Dec 18, 2015
obailala:
Barca did you just say this?... and you really think the problem of power in Nigeria is an 'engineering' problem and not an 'administrative' one?.... Please dont tell me you are one of those who believe a proper president should be one who studied political science.?
You don't get it, being in power sector requires some technicalities and its beyond administrative procedures.....the reason why I support Barca on this is that when it comes to buying some electrical appliances, equipments and even technical works on power, Fashola as a trained lawyer will be clueless on these basic technicalities, hence, Fashola may end up being another Bola Ige in Power Ministry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2015
obailala:
Oh no, you are missing the point.

Govs, Chairman, President, CEOs etc are pure administrative and managerial offices that require one that is smart and a leader irrespective of academic/vocational training.

The positions of Ministers, Commissioners, Directors etc require one that is very knowledgeable in the area and will come up with brilliant policy. If Fash is knowledgeable on the power sector, he will do fine whether he's an engineer or not. So far, it doesn't appear so

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Lanretoye(m): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2015
We want dollar to drop and not power.
Dear Lord!,let dollar drop against Naira like this one soon day.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by engineerboat(m): 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
obailala:

from ur points, it then means that a teacher can be AGF, a lawyer can be minister of health, reason again now, what is coren there for, what is NSE doing are there no Engineers with good manegerial and administrative skills. BRF knows nothing about power, i pray that his own case not be worse than that of Baba Bola IGE, he also said more than this then, we know how it all ends

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Chubhie: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
Prophet Fayose with a new brand of opposition.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by engineerboat(m): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Oh no, you are missing the point.

Govs, Chairman, President, CEOs etc are pure administrative and managerial offices that require one that is smart and a leader irrespective of academic/vocational training.

The positions of Ministers, Commissioners, Directors etc require one that is very knowledgeable in the area and will come up with brilliant policy. If Fash is knowledgeable on the power sector, he will do fine whether he's an engineer or not. So far, it doesn't appear so

Fashola was able to have appreceable siccess in power, works and housing sector in lagos because he put so to say round peg in round hole in those ministry in lagos, all he was doing is commissioning, remeber his quite during ministerial screening 'I ONLY SIGNED CHECKS' there are ministry in charge, when questions about website was thrown at him in senate. The point now do we say those are part of his experience, the answer is NO.
Even the honourable minister of NURTW and EMPLYEE (ABGEROS) said he is not even aware that Rail transport exist in Nigeria, when He hiself have a flying hanging rail in PH,
@ comrade barcanista, this people are POLITICAL Baba suwe, AKi and Pawpaw
Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
engineerboat:

Fashola was able to have appreceable siccess in power, works and housing sector in lagos because he put so to say round peg in round hole in those ministry in lagos, all he was doing is commissioning, remeber his quite during ministerial screening 'I ONLY SIGNED CHECKS' there are ministry in charge, when questions about website was thrown at him in senate. The point now do we say those are part of his experience, the answer is NO.
Even the honourable minister of NURTW and EMPLYEE (ABGEROS) said he is not even aware that Rail transport exist in Nigeria, when He hiself have a flying hanging rail in PH,
@ comrade barcanista, this people are POLITICAL Baba suwe, AKi and Pawpaw
You just echo my sentiment. For instance, what does Fashola understand in the power sector for him to develop a workable blueprint as a minister? He is left at the mercy of civil servants that will most likely tell him 'what to do' because he doesn't really have enough knowledge. It is a pure case of round peg in triagular hole. This issue is what has been killing Nigeria. We appoint people into any office that we please without preference to expertise.

Amaechi is even more clueless..

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You just echo my sentiment. For instance, what does Fashola understand in the power sector for him to develop a workable blueprint as a minister? He is left at the mercy of civil servants that will most likely tell him 'what to do' because he doesn't really have enough knowledge. It is a pure case of round peg in triagular hole. This issue is what has been killing Nigeria. We appoint people into any office that we please without preference to expertise.

this thread did not make frontpage

mods lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Omenkata: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
[s]
obailala:
[/s]

shatap there a SAN heading a sensitive sector like power is Cluelesnes grade 1 what does he know about power can he calculate watts, joules, KW, volts, Amps, etc does he even know the meaning.

mr man let the right person head the right section that's how it's done out there in developed world and they progress.

It's like an engineer heading the ministry of health.

why are apc bastards soo myopic huh?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by ayindejimmy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
matinex:
lucky u. I no see even black market buy. I've 4goten d last tym i had light here. Tank God 4 harmattan

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by Emekamex(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Body Language doing wonders

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by porka: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
“I believe if you are in touch back at home you would have been told that already there is some improvement in power.

“We haven’t said anything to them yet. I think they only find it sensible or appropriate for them to try and improve the power" - Buhari

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/treasury-looters-now-returning-stolen-funds-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 725MW In 24 Hours To 3,107 MW - PUNCH by engineerboat(m): 4:46am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

laf wan kill me at ...clueless.....
the man just they ride rail as if he no get car to dey travel again, now forming commisioner of rail sectors, shm. Minister of agberos NURTW indeed.

Even if at all the civil servants give fashola the advise, is he going to do them, who are even those that will give him the advice.
1. is those that have been telling him that more power generated cannot be utilized or they are too much for the available transformers and transducers, when indeed, power is GOING DOWN BELOW. heeeeeeeeeeee shey na like this them they do am.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: See What President Buhari Said To This Pretty Child / Kanu: Threading The Path Of Extremist Radicalism / Ijaw-youth Demand Apology From Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.