Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) (83643 Views)

Nasarawa Pastor Survives Terrible Accident On His Way To His Hometown (Photos) / 5 Exciting Reasons To Visit Your Hometown This Festive Season / A Deeper Look Into The Life Of Mansa Musa–the Richest Human Being Who Ever Lived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by ephi123(f): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Very pointless thread angry Don't face your governors and local government officials. Mtschew
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by wristbangle: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rukkydelta:
I didn't read the write up. Who can summarise for me please ?

In summary,

READ THE POST
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by RichDad1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
PapaBrowne:
Interesting name. Imagine the name of a town in Amanbra called Nnewi Yoruba.
No that way bro.
Igbo in Yoruba means Bush. coolcool
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by igraman(m): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
agarawu23:
Proudly from ijebu Igbo grin

Well I don't think mike adenuda should be blame because he isn't the federal govt. Blame gbenga Daniel that failed to perform as a governor.

You should also blame kaka too because he is from the soil.

Blame all the politicians from ijebu north and not the businessman
my brother man I'm also an indigene of Ijebu Igbo ....you can't/shouldn't absolve Mike Adenuga of blame. the fact that he's not a politician isn't an excuse not to give back to the society.

and for you to blame Sen. Kaka, then it seems you're an 'ingrate' . just last week I read in the newspaper where the man commissioned a block of classroom he built at Atan amongst others. that's after you people voted him out of office . ire o
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
As if Dangote own go different..

Extreme wealth surrounded by squalor is still poverty..
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Rukkydelta(f): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
wristbangle:

In summary,
READ THE POST
lol
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Shymm3x: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Skywalker5:
Typical Nigerians complaining that their sons have forgotten them. Most people are always waiting for some people to do everything for them

You have got the typical nyggah mentality - the tight-fisted ones who don't like giving back. Your type is the Michael Jordan that will rather sell expensive and overpriced trainers to kids, andwaste millions on gambling, rather than give back to disadvantaged folks.

Yes, it's not a must - but there's an unwritten rule about giving back when you achieve a certain level of success. I believe Ijebu Igbo has hundreds, if not thousands of extremely successful folks in all walks of life. Why can't these folks come together and do something to uplift their hometown? Or since a lot of them are well connected and are in position of power, they can at least lobby whatever government to do something.

A cursory look at the whole of Ijebuland shows an utterly messed up region of the country - both in Lagos and Ogun. Why can't these folks do something with all the money everywhere and gazillion of high flyers? You can't wait for handouts from the government all the time, especially a fvcked up government in a fvcked up country that maliciously broke Ijebuland into different parts - for unnecessary marginalisation.

3 Likes

Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by asha80(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Naughtysite:
As if Dangote own go different..

Extreme wealth surrounded by squalor is still poverty..
dangote is from Kano city so his case is different
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Rukkydelta(f): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
wristbangle:

In summary,
READ THE POST
lol
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tolexander:
Adenuga isn't a government!

Mike is just like every citizen of Nigeria paying his tax like every Nigerian!

Moreover, the OP could have shown us the caption(s) of the whole town to know the extent of the underdevelopment of the town.

Mike Adenuga is an entrepreneur whose sole expectation is profit in anything he invests on.
Like the OP stated, "he has a branch of his bank, Equatorial Trust bank built there but was closed down due to the series of robbery several years ago". Just a bank could not thrive in the town, what would now be his fate if all his investment was established in the town?

However, as a wealthy indigene of the town, I think he needs investing on things that will bring about "growth center" in the town.
God bless you
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Rukkydelta(f): 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
wristbangle:

In summary,
READ THE POST
lol
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
Saheed9:
you must be from oke agbo then. I'm I right?
sure.
If you are current in oke agbo/ oke Moro, you will know 'Agarawu' family cheesy ko pe meji
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
igraman:

my brother man I'm also an indigene of Ijebu Igbo ....you can't/shouldn't absolve Mike Adenuga of blame. the fact that he's not a politician isn't an excuse not to give back to the society.

and for you to blame Sen. Kaka, then it seems you're an 'ingrate' . just last week I read in the newspaper where the man commissioned a block of classroom he built at Atan amongst others. that's after you people voted him out of office . ire o
kaka isn't doing anything to help ijebu Igbo. This is not an ingrate issue.

Adenuga can choose to develop it or not because it's not his duty.
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
rahazaqa:
ijebu north politicians are to blame. The likes of segun adesegun(formal deputy governor),kaka, martins kuye etc.
yes o
Especially kuye.
These set of politicians are disgrace to their motherland

1 Like

Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
VenusBetty:
God bless you
shocked venusbetty, I tot u have deactivated your account because of me. grin

Are you from ijebu ?
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Luukasz(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
We dont have to wait for our government to do everything for us Bill gate has donated more than $20Billion to charity how much has any of our billionaires or millionaires donated to their countries.We keep blaming our government for all our calamities & yet we av a lot of rich individuals who have failed to do something tangible for their fatherland.
An example is Ijebu a town that has produced lots of billionaires in nigeria and yet its underdeveloped.
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agrovick(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
agarawu23:
Proudly from ijebu Igbo grin

Well I don't think mike adenuda should be blame because he isn't the federal govt. Blame gbenga Daniel that failed to perform as a governor.

You should also blame kaka too because he is from the soil.

Blame all the politicians from ijebu north and not the businessman
So u be my kinsman
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
agrovick:

So u be my kinsman
abi na
Ijebu alare smiley
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Tantolu: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
I was in year 3 of my secondary school education when Oba Otudeko tarred about 20km road that leads to his mother's house in ijebu Igbo.till today anytime I drive on that road his name comes to my mind.such contribution are monumental,our billionaires needs to realize that no matter what Forbes magazines rate u to be,what you've given back to ur root matters .i never knew the former Nigeria Ambassador to d US Prof Adefuye was an ex Molusians like me,not to talk of being an indigene of Ijebu Igbo ,until I saw his obituary on d street of our hometown.lets give back to our root.
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Rhea(f): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
[size=18pt]Wetin you expect from Ijebu (evostick/superglue) man? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
agarawu23:
shocked venusbetty, I tot u have deactivated your account because of me. grin

Are you from ijebu ?
excuse me!!! did I just quote you? didn't check the moniker tho
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Shymm3x: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
Rhea:
Wetin you expect from Ijebu (evostick/superglue) man? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly, do you have to use extremely large font to pass ya idiotic message across?

Some of you monkeys shouldn't be allowed to co-exist with fully evolved people.

And Rhea sounds like rhesus monkey - what a befitting handle you have got there.

Rhesus Monkey.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-IRZ1CS928Sg/ThO6dB9qChI/AAAAAAAAAB4/R6t0piIFXDM/s1600/macacus%2Brhesus.jpg[/img]
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
VenusBetty:
excuse me!!! did I just quote you? didn't check the moniker tho
I asked a question smiley
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
agarawu23:
I asked a question smiley
no
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agrovick(m): 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
dominique:
Is the Op expecting Adenuga to demolish and rebuild people's ancient houses ni? I don't believe Ijebu Igbo is the 2nd largest city after abeokuta when there is Ijebu-ode and Sagamu.
I don't know about sagamu but Ijebu-Ode is child's play compared to Ijebu-Igbo based on land mass
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by agarawu23(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
VenusBetty:
no
you might look me like an enemy cos we had disagreement some months ago but I ain't taking Nl beef personal wink.

Will you be my friend ?
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by ademusiwa1e: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by Jacko1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
He cant feed them forever best that he can do is teach dem hw to fish and in longtime they benefit lik set up a trust dat educates bright willing minds till university level or somein.....bla bla bla
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Don4eva:
ok, Abia is a generally poo, bad governance at the very peak. Let's see what the new administration would offer
That's why you had to generalize it to the whole east?
Lack of sense
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by toggy: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
it is true he is a businessman with the aim of making profit. but there is something call Corporate Social responsibility. CSR can be considered for this type of thing. afterall, Glo ambassadors are enjoying. please beg him to consider village ambassadors too. God bless our Country.
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by wytecat: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
@Op, ijebu igbo is NOT the second biggest town in ogun state. Both ijebu ode and Sagamu are bigger, even Ago iwoye is bigger than ijebu igbo.

Rich people from ijebu igbo live and do their businesses in ijebu ode. Senator Lekan Mustapha lives in ijebu ode and has his hotel there. Mike Adenuga does more in ijebu ode(his mother's hometown) than in ijebu igbo.
Re: A Look Into The Hometown Of Mike Adenuga !!! (pics ) by wytecat: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ijebu igbo = ijebu forest

It has nothing to do with Nnewi and Anambra, and you have failed if this is the reason you changed your name from ibo to igbo. Igbo has always been a Yoruba word since the days you were first known as eebo/ebo, later ibo and now igbo. And eventually igborigbo in the nearest future.
PapaBrowne:
Interesting name. Imagine the name of a town in Amanbra called Nnewi Yoruba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / Photo Of What I Saw In India . Science Or Magic? / Qatar Is So Hot, Now Installs AC Outdoor And 2022 World Cup Stadium(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.