Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

What State Is The Best To Serve In? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What State Is The Best To Serve In? (8032 Views)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Top 10 Most Friendly State To Serve In Nigeria As A Corp Member / This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2015
Hey guys!, I need suggestions on the best state to serve in.... I might be going for batch A 2016 (depends on how fast my school finishes clearance)
. While waiting for NYSC, I'll like to get suggestions on the best states to pick for NYSC.... Thanks!
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Majikals(m): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2015
It quite depends on your definition of BEST, for example, BEST in terms of payment, security, climate, job prospects or entrepreneurship...

From data online and information from friends, I think the best paying states are
1.Ogun
2. Lagos
3.Plateau
4.Enugu
5. Anambra
6. Rivers
7. Abuja
8. Osun
9. Akwa Ibom
10. Cross River
11. Osun
12. Ekiti
14. Delta
15. Abia
NB: not 100% sure about the ranking

2 Likes

Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by romelady(f): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Maxcollins042(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Best state to serve in Nigeria in terms of what and what?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
Majikals:
It quite depends on your definition of BEST, for example, BEST in terms of payment, security, climate, job prospects or entrepreneurship...

From data online and information from friends, I think the best paying states are
1.Ogun
2. Lagos
3.Plateau
4.Enugu
5. Anambra
6. Rivers
7. Abuja
8. Osun
9. Akwa Ibom
10. Cross River
11. Osun
12. Ekiti
14. Delta
15. Abia
NB: not 100% sure about the ranking
what's the best state in terms of pay and comfort (affordable housing, clothes, foodstuffs, etc)
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
Maxcollins042:
Best state to serve in Nigeria in terms of what and what?
I am looking for the best state in terms of pay nd comfort (accomodation, clothes, etc) and also better job opportunity after NYSC
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Maxcollins042(m): 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
PHATE007:
I am looking for the best state in terms of pay nd comfort (accomodation, clothes, etc) and also better job opportunity after NYSC
In terms of better job opportunities Lagos is the state for you. In terms of better pay and accomodation, Akwa- Ibom and Enugu state are good at it. But one thing about NYSC is that all these terms can present itself at one unexpected state.
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Maxcollins042:
In terms of better job opportunities Lagos is the state for you. In terms of better pay and accomodation, Akwa- Ibom and Enugu state are good at it. But one thing about NYSC is that all these terms can present itself at one unexpected state.
thanks dearest!
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Majikals(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
Phate007, I guess max's answer has comfortablely dished out the appropriate meal.... By the way, where do you rep (school)?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
Majikals:
Phate007, I guess max's answer has comfortablely dished out the appropriate meal.... By the way, where do you rep (school)?
UNIBEN
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Danfemi(m): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
Best state to serve is Akwa ibom state
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by stephano100(m): 2:20am On Dec 19, 2015
Danfemi:
y is every1 interested in did state,
is there any additional pay?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by stephano100(m): 2:25am On Dec 19, 2015
PHATE007:
UNIBEN
fellow grad,I hail o...I'm also trying 2get info abt d best state 2 serve in.
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Majikals(m): 5:47am On Dec 19, 2015
PHATE007:
UNIBEN

Nice....
I grad. 4rm UAM, having akwa Ibom, enugu or minna as my preferred states to serve.
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by ifeanyija(m): 11:19am On Dec 19, 2015
Danfemi:
yeah, akwaibom is cool expecially when u are in uyo. Serving in uyo, @ministry of rural development
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by chumaster(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
In terms of pay and comfort, it's actually Akwaibom and Enugu. Am a 16A PCM, I have set my eye on Akwaibom, Enugu and Abuja.
Mind you that all your preferred states might not all be available during you time of registration hence, you need to have additional states in mind. like in my case, I'l chose any of crossriver, Delta, Ogun, and Oyo incase any of or all my first 3 choices aren't available at that time
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Akeroko(m): 1:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
I rep Federal polytechnic ilaro
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by Akeroko(m): 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
I am looking for the best state in terms of pay nd oetter job opportunity after NYSC in terms of better job opportunit
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by stephano100(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
chumaster:
In terms of pay and comfort, it's actually Akwaibom and Enugu. Am a 16A PCM, I have set my eye on Akwaibom, Enugu and Abuja.
Mind you that all your preferred states might not all be available during you time of registration hence, you need to have additional states in mind. like in my case, I'l chose any of crossriver, Delta, Ogun, and Oyo incase any of or all my first 3 choices aren't available at that time
interesting info bro..as 4me am thinking of choosing oyo, imo and , crossriver....but d thing is i've nt been to any of these states nd dnt have pple there,hope dats not a problem bro?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by ireneidiva(f): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
You guys want to serve in boring Enugu because of 10, 000? House rent there is expensive and there are hardly job opportunities. Why not think a little bit beyond that money?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by henrixx(m): 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
PHATE007:
nawa... All these for you?? Kuku go serve for london

5 Likes

Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
Majikals:

Nice....
I grad. 4rm UAM, having akwa Ibom, enugu or minna as my preferred states to serve.
prolly I will pick akwa ibom or enugu too.......nice meeting u
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
henrixx:
nawa... All these for you?? Kuku go serve for london
y d beef?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
ireneidiva:
You guys want to serve in boring Enugu because of 10, 000? House rent there is expensive and there are hardly job opportunities. Why not think a little bit beyond that money?
like what dear? Your suggestion is needed too
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
Akeroko:
I rep Federal polytechnic ilaro
nice one dear
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
stephano100:

fellow uniben grad,I hail o...I'm also trying 2get info abt d best state 2 serve in.
wow! Nice meeting u! What department?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by stephano100(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
PHATE007:
wow! Nice meeting u! What department?
and u?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by PHATE007(f): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
stephano100:
ecostat, and u?
chemistry
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by stephano100(m): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
PHATE007:
chemistry
oh cool, physical sciences...so have u made up Ur mind on 3 states?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by chumaster(m): 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
stephano100:

interesting info bro..as 4me am thinking of choosing oyo, imo and , crossriver....but d thing is i've nt been to any of these states nd dnt have pple there,hope dats not a problem bro?
I have a friend that served in C.river, according to him the place is ok but for Imo, I heard they dnt pay any kobo. Oyo is ok in terms of accomodation and I heard the state pays up to 5k
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by stephano100(m): 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
chumaster:
I have a friend that served at C.river, according to him the place is ok but for Imo, I heard they dnt pay any kobo. Oyo is ok in terms of accomodation and I heard the state pays up to 5k
oh I see, so I think I'll decide on anoda state in d Southeast zone,which do u think is beta?
Re: What State Is The Best To Serve In? by chumaster(m): 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
stephano100:

oh I see, so I think I'll decide on anoda state in d Southeast zone,which do u think is beta?
enugu is the best in s.east Anambra is also good, they pay 5k and most communities provides accomodation to corpers, you will only have accomodation issue in Anambra if you got posted to Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka for ur ppa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi Batch A15:: Let Meet Here ; / Need Clarification About JAMB Regularization / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.