Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Angels Do Not Pray For You. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angels Do Not Pray For You. (5821 Views)

Croatia Did Not Pray Once, Nigeria Prayed Three Times / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / Why Do Demons Answer Their Adherent Faster Than Angels Do To Worshipper Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
vooks:

The incense is not blown like dust, it is put in a censer with burning fire. The censer is cast down to earth. If the Angel was mediating and interceding as Carholicism would imagine he was, that effectively stops the moment the censer is cast to earth.

The reason you have NOTHING on the wisdom dispensed above is because it exposes the foolishness of excusing necromancy in the name of 'God is a God of the living so dead saints are not dead really'. If you were consistent in in applying your 'fellowship of saints' you'd be telling widows that they have superb fellowship with their hubbies from purgatory. This is Nonsense Incarnate. cheesy

Praise be to God for the valiant reformers who tore through Catholicism rot
VOOKS has managed to bring a charitable discussion down to insults, and harsh word. Syncan touch the issue of intercession in his provious post but u just couldnt wait to convict him of necromancy and incarnate foolishnes. clap for urself.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 9:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ubenedictus:
YOU are now spilting hairs, before whose presence do u appear when u interceed? d devil?
Ubenedictus:
U have managed to confuse the issue. Jesus is d sole mediator of d new convenant, does that anul intercesion?

Don't play dumb or try to get technical with me. God is omnipresent, so if you want to play the technicality card, technically we are all in God's presence everytime. Not only when we are praying, even when we are sinning. Because God is everywhere.

Anyone who is not trying to be sinister or play dumb, knows that what I mean is appearing bodily before the presence of God in heaven on behalf of men; which is the literal scriptural context of being a mediator.

And no human being, angel or heavenly saint does that under the new covenant, except Jesus Christ.

There is no scriptural account post-resurrection of Christ that shows angels interceeding for men, as they did under the law. Neither is there any epistle that admonishes believers to solicit for the prayers of saints in heaven.

The epistles only exhorted believers on earth to interceed for fellow believers on earth. And even doing that intercession does not make us mediators, because we don't appear before God's presence in heaven to do that; as our High Priest, Jesus Christ does.

Angels don't interceed for us anymore, heavenly saints don't interceed for us, and we are never admonished to solicit for their intercession. Earthly human can interceed for another earthly human, but not in the capacity as a mediator; to appear before the presence of God in heaven in any role on behalf of men.

Only Jesus does that.

Let's not go above what is written. The teachings of the apostles are the foundations of the tenets of Christianity. Let's build only on that. And not come up with what the epistles don't teach.

Shalom!
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

quality jokes are not appreciated these days tho
This was was almost funny. it seem d opposite is true, people hardly hear quality jokes these days.

mayb ur previous joke may b funny when used in a face to face discussion, here it was hardly funny.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
ayoku777:

Don't play dumb or try to get technical with me. God is omnipresent, so If you want to play the technicality card, technically we are all in God's presence everytime. Not only when we are praying, even when we are sinning. Because God is everywhere.

Anyone who is not trying to be sinister knows that what I mean is appearing bodily before the presence of God in heaven on behalf of men; which is the literal scriptural context of being a mediator.

There is no scriptural account post-resurrection of Christ that shows angels interceeding for men, as they did under the law.
u are spliting hairs again. been a mediator has little to do with 'appearing bodily in heaven', when moses mediated d old covenat he didnt appear bodily in heaven he simply was on sinai, when d old t priest mediated they didnt appear bodily in heaven! they simply went to d temple, when Jesus mediated d new covenant and atoned 4 sins his body was stil on calvary, ...
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ubenedictus:
u are spliting hairs again. been a mediator has little to do with 'appearing bodily in heaven', when moses mediated d old covenat he didnt appear bodily in heaven he simply was on sinai, when d old t priest mediated they didnt appear bodily in heaven! they simply went to d temple, when Jesus mediated d new covenant and atoned 4 sins his body was stil on calvary, ...
So been a mediator has little to do with appearing bodily in heaven. A mediator simply stands b4 God on behalf of others, it has nothing to do with 'appearing bodily in heaven'.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
ayoku777:

And no human being, angel or heavenly saint does that under the new covenant, except Jesus Christ.

There is no scriptural account post-resurrection of Christ that shows angels interceeding for men, as they did under the law. Neither is there any epistle that admonishes believers to solicit for the prayers of saints in heaven.

The epistles only exhorted believers on earth to interceed for fellow believers on earth.
put simply u think d angel of d kids have stopped beholding the face of God, becos u think d new covenant means only Jesus appears b4 d face of GOD. Is dat a good sumary?
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ubenedictus:
put simply u think d angel of d kids have stopped beholding the face of God, becos u think d new covenant means only Jesus appears b4 d face of GOD. Is dat a good sumary?

Angels can stand before God to worship or take instructions as errand spirits. But no longer to mediate as intercessors or advocates on behalf of men.

If you have scriptures that reveal they still do post-resurrection of Christ, feel free to share.

Your opinion does not count, we establish doctrine with scripture, and the teachings of the apostles.

Shalom.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ubenedictus:
So been a mediator has little to do with appearing bodily in heaven. A mediator simply stands b4 God on behalf of others, it has nothing to do with 'appearing bodily in heaven'.

Moses was not a mediator between God and man, get your facts right. He was a mediator between the angel of God and the people of God (the jews).

It was angels that mediated between God and Moses. The law was ordained (commissioned and commuted) by angels to Moses.

Gal 3v19 -Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

To mediate between God and man, you need to appear before the presence of God in heaven on behalf of men. That is the scriptural context of a mediator.

Hebrews 9v24 -For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

That is a mediator between God and man.

Shalom!
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2015
daviddext:

I was a Catholic. Catholics believe in both the intercession of the saints in heaven(triumphant church) and the intercession of the saints on earth(suffering church). The Bible only agrees with the latter and not the former. The intercession by a saint who is still alive on earth is approved in the Bible(ephesians 6:18) "Praying at all times in the (Holy) Spirit... For all the saints."
But the intercession by the saints before God's throne can not be proven directly from the Bible so the Roman Catholics governing body brought theirs by assuming some verses in the Bible. This costly assumptions wipes out possibility of eternity with God because it encourages absolute idolatory.

I am tempted to believe your powerful argument but then I read this See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. What exactly do you think their guardian angels will do in the face of Jesus' father in heaven? If it is just carry incense and worship, then the passage doesn't add up. Don't you think so? It makes more sense to admit that 'if you dare despise the little ones, their angel will see you and tell God.

You talk about assuming some verses in the bible, I wonder how that is possible. You mean fixing verses that are not there in the bible? Can you please elaborate.

I agree with you on the intercession of saints on earth, but I don't agree with you about the intersession of saints in heaven. I wouldn't have bothered because everyone is entitled to his/her belief but you said you were a catholic that's why I am interested. forgive my intruding into your conversation. How do you explain Heb 12:20-23? Do you believe that the body of Christ is separated by physical death?

I agree with you about some things encouraging idolatry if not properly explained and savored even some verses in the bible can encourage idolatry when one does not understand the message and by the help of the holy spirit the writer himself. The issue is that some catholics do not ask questions about their faith and very few search the bible themselves to see if the teachings tally. Few who bother to ask go to the wrong people "You want to know about a particular Christian teaching and you got to a Muslim?" That's what most people do. "You find it difficult understanding a teaching of catholic church and you go to a protestant".

In all I wish you all the best in your new found faith and I pray you that the Lord continues to grant you happiness and fulfillment in all your endeavors. Happy Xmas.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2015
ayoku777:

Moses was not a mediator between God and man, get your facts right. He was a mediator between the angel of God and the people of God (the jews).

It was angels that mediated between God and Moses. The law was ordained (commissioned and commuted) by angels to Moses.

Gal 3v19 -Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

To mediate between God and man, you need to appear before the presence of God in heaven on behalf of men. That is the scriptural context of a mediator.

Hebrews 9v24 -For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

That is a mediator between God and man.

Shalom!

It was angels that mediated between God and Moses (Man). Could this mean that angels are mediators between man and God?
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2015
dmandy:

It was angels that mediated between God and Moses (Man). Could this mean that angels are mediators between man and God?

Yes they were, under the old covenant. Angels beheld the face of God and interceeded for men under the law.

Read my posts from the first page of this thread. I explained it with scriptures.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2015
ayoku777:

Yes they were, under the old covenant. Angels beheld the face of God and interceeded for men under the law.

Read my posts from the first page of this thread. I explained it with scriptures.

Thank you, I have gotten what I wanted that it is possible for an angel to be a mediator between God and man.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
ayoku777:

Read the verse again;

Matthew 18v10 -Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven THEIR ANGELS do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

According to Jesus, from these scripture; He said we should not despise these little one, as though they are without help, because they have angels beholding the face of God on their behalf in heaven.

What does it mean to behold the face of God or to lift up your eyes to Him? Is it not for help or in supplication?

He wasn't talking about the angels just starring at God to look at Him, they are beholding the face of God relative to, or on behalf of these little ones.

That's supplication or intercession.

But we have a new intercessor and mediator now though, better than angels -Jesus Christ.

Shalom
what if I tell you that the beings we know the Bible literally call angels are not Omnipresent like Jesus is.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
"their" angels are messangers of God whom He has given to them. I think the messengers assigned to us ocassionally go back to God inorder to give feedback(Job1:6, 2:1). Apart from being in Heaven's General meeting, the primary assignment of this children's angel is to be with them. Satan can not be in two places simultanously. Only our Omnipresent Jesus is before the Father just to stay. Let us not quickly justify the possibility of OT angelic-intercession with Zechariah 1:12, 2:3-4 because we never can tell who the so called angels truly represents. God interacts too. Remember "THE LORD SAID TO MY Lord..."(Acts 2:34)

Consider the angel in the burning bush, who was he? (Exodus 3:2-4) Abraham met THREE men. Who were they?(Genesis 18).
(See Joshual 5:13-15)

You see,spiritual truth is not the game of the best minds. It is the fact revealed only by the Spirit of truth.

I learnt a lot but was almost carried away with some theology that has no scriptural witness. I don't claim to be all knowing either.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:06am On Sep 28, 2016
daviddext
The bible says the angels behold d face of God, they dont need to fly to heaven, heaven is a state of being not a geographical location, the state of beholding GOD. D bible clearly shows the angels interceeding and joining in prayer, if that doesnt teach u, nothing will.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:15am On Sep 28, 2016
ayoku777:

Angels can stand before God to worship or take instructions as errand spirits. But no longer to mediate as intercessors or advocates on behalf of men.

If you have scriptures that reveal they still do post-resurrection of Christ, feel free to share.

Your opinion does not count, we establish doctrine with scripture, and the teachings of the apostles.

Shalom.
THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THEY HAVE STOP PERFORMING THAT ROLE. The bible doesnt teach anywhere that the intercession of the angels have come to an end. Instead it shows us in rev that the angels still continue to offer d prayers of d saint to God.

the bible bears witness against u, it doesnt teach anywhere dat d role has stoped instead it shows us angel assuming dat role in heaven.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:36am On Sep 28, 2016
ayoku777:

The bible says u are lying.

New Living Translation

Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 2:39am On Sep 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:
THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THEY HAVE STOP PERFORMING THAT ROLE. The bible doesnt teach anywhere that the intercession of the angels have come to an end. Instead it shows us in rev that the angels still continue to offer d prayers of d saint to God.

the bible bears witness against u, it doesnt teach anywhere dat d role has stoped instead it shows us angel assuming dat role in heaven.

Stop debunking things with word of mouth. Doctrines are established with scriptures, not with personal opinion.

I've shown you from scriptures that angels no longer mediate as intercessors or advocates between God and men under the new covenant.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

If angels still mediate in heaven between God and man, Jesus would not be the only mediator. And the scripture that said there is only one mediator between God and men would be wrong.

Feel free to show me in scripture where angels were found interceding for man before God under the new covenant.

Shalom
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:17am On Sep 28, 2016
ayoku777:

I've shown you from scriptures that angels no longer meditate as intercessors or advocates between God and men under the new covenant.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

If angels still mediate in heaven between God and man, Jesus would not be the only mediator. And the scripture that said there is only one mediator between God and men would be wrong.

Shalom
it was earlier settled by syncan that d unique mediatorship of Jesus doesnt prevent those in christ from interceeding.
Jesus is d only mediator yet d bible shows that i and any one in christ can interceed,

The angel also interceed.
Rev.8:3-4 " [An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer and he was given much incense to
mingle with the prayers of all the
saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints...
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 4:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:

it was earlier settled by syncan that d unique mediatorship of Jesus doesnt prevent those in christ from interceeding.
Jesus is d only mediator yet d bible shows that i and any one in christ can interceed,

The angel also interceed.
Rev.8:3-4 " [An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer and he was given much incense to
mingle with the prayers of all the
saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints...

This is a very subjective interpretation of scripture. There is no where this act by the angel is interpreted to mean intercession. It was the saints that prayed.

Notice that the prayers of the saints was already on the golden alter before God's throne.

Rev 8:3 Another angel came and stood over the altar, having a golden censer. Much incense was given to him, that he should add it to the prayers of all the holy ones on the golden altar which was before the throne.

The prayers of the saints were already before the throne of God, the angel simply added the incense of sweet spices and pure frankincense (which are symbolic of Christ's grace and righteousness) so that the prayers of the saints can ascend to God in sweet fragrances and aroma.

Exo 30:34 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each shall there be a like weight:

35 And thou shalt make it a perfume (incense), a confection after the art of the apothecary, tempered together, pure and holy:

The angel did no intercede for the saints, he simply added incense to the prayers of the saints that was already on the golden alter before God's throne, and put them in the censer.

How this act got to be interpreted as intercession by you is ludicrous and desperate. Angels are ministering spirits to heirs of salvation (Heb 1:14) but they are no intercessors, mediators or advocates under the new covenant.

This scripture below is what it looks like for an angel to intercede for man.

Zec 1:12 Then the angel of the LORD answered and said, O LORD of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

13 And the LORD answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.

That is what an interceding angel looks like, and no angel does that anymore for any man under the new covenant. We have only Jesus Christ for that role now in heaven.

Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Shalom
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:24am On Sep 28, 2016
Ayoku77

Offering someone else prayer before God is called intercession. That is exactly what the angel did, he offered d prayers of the saints to God, That is very clear, an angel still present the prayers of the saint before God. That office didnt end when Jesus became d only mediator, instead all in Christ, both angels and the host of heaven still present ur prayers before GOD. The one who prayed is d saints, the one prayed to is God, the one who presented d prayers to God and mixed it with incense (i.e made it pleasing and acceptable) is an angel. clearly the angel is a go-between in this case, the angel interceeded.

Syncan clearly explained this and it is laughable that u find something this clear to be ludicrous
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by promise10: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2016
ayoku777:

Under the old covenant, angels did interceed for man.

Matthew 18v10 -Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

But that was because under the law, angels were the primary mediators of the old covenant. They were the disposers and ordainers of the law.

Acts 7v53 - Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Galatians 3v19 -Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

But now, under the new covenant, we have a new mediator -Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Son of man.

1Tim 2v5 -For there is one God, and ONE mediator between God and men, the man CHRIST JESUS;

We no longer need the intercession of angels or even of saints in heaven on behalf of the saints on earth. We have the intercession of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And that is as good as it gets.

Romans 8v34 -Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

And there is indeed no new testament account of angels or heavenly saints interceeding for saints on earth. Neither are we encouraged in any epistle as believers to solicit for the prayers of angels or of heavenly saints.

The intercession of Jesus for us in heaven and the prayers of fellow believers on earth is all the new covenant allows.

Infact, we are not even told to ask Jesus to pray for us; He does that on His own, whether we ask or not, as our High priest and mediator. We only ask for the prayers of fellow believers on earth.

Ephesians 6v18 - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

v19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

2Cor 1v11 - Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

Phillipians 1v19 -For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Soliciting the prayers of angels or of heavenly saints is heresis and extra-scriptural under the new covenant.

Shalom.
Correct!
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:
daviddext
The bible says the angels behold d face of God, they dont need to fly to heaven, heaven is a state of being not a geographical location, the state of beholding GOD. D bible clearly shows the angels interceeding and joining in prayer, if that doesnt teach u, nothing will.

"And He saith unto him, verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ASCENDING and DESCENDINH upon the Son of man."(John 1:51)
"...a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard...which said, COME UP HERE."(Revelations 4:1)

By these two biblical witnesses your view or inference about the spiritual location of heaven is HERESY. "Geo" means earth. But I want you to know that heaven is not earthly neither is it on earth. The Bible inferes that the angels of this little ones are not OMNIPRESENT beings. When they are down, they are not up they to PRAY FOR MEN. There was no time that they could. But Jesus does it well.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:

Talking about prayer,when Jesus says "Ask", what does He mean?
Now tell me, in Revelations 8:3, who did the asking, the angels or the saints?
I thank God you left the scripture intact when you said "the angels still continue TO OFFER the prayer of d saints."

(TO OFFER THE SAINT'S PRAYER) will never be translated by a sane translator as(TO PRAY FOR THE SAINTS). Although, sane interpreters like you and many others often do so to hide from God's convicting power like Adam did.
I hope you understand.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 9:25am On Sep 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Ayoku77

Offering someone else prayer before God is called intercession. That is exactly what the angel did, he offered d prayers of the saints to God, That is very clear, an angel still present the prayers of the saint before God. That office didnt end when Jesus became d only mediator, instead all in Christ, both angels and the host of heaven still present ur prayers before GOD. The one who prayed is d saints, the one prayed to is God, the one who presented d prayers to God and mixed it with incense (i.e made it pleasing and acceptable) is an angel. clearly the angel is a go-between in this case, the angel interceeded.

Syncan clearly explained this and it is laughable that u find something this clear to be ludicrous
THE LORD REBUKE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE IN ERROR, BEING DECIEVED AND DECIEVING OTHERS.
The angel of death in exodus, the angels sent to Sodom and Gomorrah, the angels sent to kill Israel because of King David's sin, dared not pray for them.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 28, 2016
Op you have said the truth.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 28, 2016
daviddext:

"And He saith unto him, verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ASCENDING and DESCENDINH upon the Son of man."(John 1:51)
"...a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard...which said, COME UP HERE."(Revelations 4:1)

By these two biblical witnesses your view or inference about the spiritual location of heaven is HERESY. "Geo" means earth. But I want you to know that heaven is not earthly neither is it on earth. The Bible inferes that the angels of this little ones are not OMNIPRESENT beings. When they are down, they are not up they to PRAY FOR MEN. There was no time that they could. But Jesus does it well.
do you have any proof in the bible?
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 9:41am On Sep 28, 2016
This is a typical words of intercession.
"FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO." by Jesus of Nazareth on the cross. He still have such words in heaven. Angels, the celestial beings were not created to have such words for mankind's sake that is why they could not dare interceed for man.

CONCERNING THE SCRIPTURAL CONTEXT ABOUT THE ANGEL THAT ASKED "HOW LONG" IN THE BOOK OF ZECHARIAH.

QUESTIONS:
What do the word "angels" in Revelation chapter 1 & 2 mean? Read them to know. Why did the Bible call God "three men" when He visited Abraham and Sarah in Genesis?

NOTE THAT:
Some places where angel is mentioned in the King James new testament meant human beings.

Learn to often compare your Bible version with King James Version, which English language is the closest translation to the original greek text. I got used to the thou, saith, ye, as I kept using it. So will you when you do.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by daviddext: 10:12am On Sep 28, 2016
solite3:
do you have any proof in the bible?
You are seeing proofs in my post that contains the words of Jesus and you do not see it.

YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
Read the last chapters of Matthew, Mark,Luke and John to understand that the Ressurected Jesus, who was no longer limited by law of human nature(terrestial nature), showed His God nature by appearing to His two travelling desciples and to the remaining desciples who were elsewhere all at the same time.
The Holy Spirit revealed this to me about 7days ago.

NOW CONCERNING ANGELS:
The spirit called "the angel of death" recorded in Exodus could only move from door to door, house to house, killing the Egytians ONE BY ONE because angels are not OMNIPRESENT.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2016
daviddext:

Talking about prayer,when Jesus says "Ask", what does He mean?
Now tell me, in Revelations 8:3, who did the asking, the angels or the saints?
I thank God you left the scripture intact when you said "the angels still continue TO OFFER the prayer of d saints."

(TO OFFER THE SAINT'S PRAYER) will never be translated by a sane translator as(TO PRAY FOR THE SAINTS). Although, sane interpreters like you and many others often do so to hide from God's convicting power like Adam did.
I hope you understand.

Thank you. The word in bold says it all.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 28, 2016
daviddext:

You are seeing proofs in my post that contains the words of Jesus and you do not see it.

YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
Read the last chapters of Matthew, Mark,Luke and John to understand that the Ressurected Jesus, who was no longer limited by law of human nature(terrestial nature), showed His God nature by appearing to His two travelling desciples and to the remaining desciples who were elsewhere all at the same time.
The Holy Spirit revealed this to me about 7days ago.

NOW CONCERNING ANGELS:
The spirit called "the angel of death" recorded in Exodus could only move from door to door, house to house, killing the Egytians ONE BY ONE because angels are not OMNIPRESENT.
OK. You are right! What I want to say is that angels cannot pray for men.
Thumbs up for your courage.
Re: Angels Do Not Pray For You. by ayoku777(m): 10:45am On Sep 28, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Ayoku77

Intercession is not offering or presenting someone else's prayer before God. Intercession is praying to God for someone else.

You had to manufacture your own definition of intercession to suit your doctrinal bias.

When you pray for someone else, you don't need the person's prayers. Infact, sometimes what you are praying might even be different from what the person himself is asking.

When Jesus intercedes for us, He prays in His own words to the Father, not present our own prayers to the Father. Many times, what Jesus even says to the Father is completely different from what we are asking the Father to do in our ignorance.

The angel here is not praying or interceding for the saints, he is mixing the prayers of the saints with incense and presenting the smoke of it to God.

If I wrote a letter to you, the post office delivery man that packages the letter and delivers it to you, did not write you a letter -anymore than the angel presenting the smoke of our prayers to God is praying to God for us.

Let the scripture say what it said and mean what it meant. Don't redefine intercession to suit your bias. What this angel is doing does not qualify for the scriptural definition of intercession.

I already showed you what angelic intercession looks like in Zechariah 1.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bolaino, Let's Discuss Our Beliefs. / Section Of The Sunday Worship Service You Like Most In Your Church? / An Account Of Exploits Many Have Never Heard About Pastor W.F. Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.