Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? (16299 Views)

How Do I Cope? / How Can I Cope If I 'm Back To Study Medicine. / How Do You Cope When Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by sben2308(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Please come to my aid on how to cope with an unstable boss. This boss of mine is unstable. I mean any little things is I will sack you , you are going. Although I don't give a damn because I do my job and I have contributed so much to the growth of our sales in few weeks. I am the manager and whenever my junior staff makes mistake, I correct them and guide them but if he hears or I tell him, immediately he will fire the person.

But bear in mind the mistake of the person is minimal and I feel as a manager ,my job is to manage and help people bring out the best in them.

Please mature minds help on how to cope with this kind of person and note i am not scared of losing the job because I know I am an hardworking person ,who always contributes to any company I work for ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
Always go to work with 5000volt stabiliser.. thank me later

75 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Cpumping(m): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
d guy above me sha, grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by VampireeM(f): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
Your Boss reminds me of my previous madam. These type of bosses are greedy, the only thing that matters to them is their money. Better start looking for another job and pray too...

26 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Inioluwa01(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
Bro, many business owners today are what you rightly called your boss, BOSSES! They lack good man-management skills. All they do is boss around because they had access to capital, either self-accumulated or loaned from banks, investors...etc. I'm sorry to say, you ain't got any choice but to play by his dictates or man up and start yours.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by sben2308(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
VampireeM:
Your Boss reminds me of my previous madam. These type of bosses are greedy, the only thing that matters to them is their money. Better start looking for another job and pray too...

Getting a job isn't a problem for me but my fear is that if one don't try to make this bosses listen they might unintentionally close their biz down demselves.
Y i say this is cuz I av my own growing company I run but I listen to my staff cuz most cases they see wat i don't see.

9 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by falseman(m): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Become an unstable employee and your boss will come here to ask us how to deal with unstable employee.

10 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by vicostyle20: 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Space for sale
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Demmocrats(m): 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kill Him grin grin

BeeBeeOoh:
Always go to work with 5000volt stabiliser.. thank me later

I concur, since the OP is not smart enough to try to find the boss weakness and use it on him, he might be the type that likes newspapers in the morning then remember to buy one for him every morning or the type that likes football then become a football fan too than coming here wailing like PDP.
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Kelklein(m): 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
My advice: Always show composure when you with you boss (even when you re shivering inside.. lol)

Perform all assigned task diligently and promptly

Then Pray for Divine Strength to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can; and the wisdom to know the difference!

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by zizirecords(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
D
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by zizirecords(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
Learn to adapt to his leadership style and have the courage to give him feedback sometimes. Meanwhile start looking for another job.

Good luck.
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by muller101(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sack ur boss. After all u are the manager.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by scait(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
end time boss
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by AmakaDNBStories(f): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
With that story, I don't think unstable is the word... More like a sack maniac.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by publicenemy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kill him

Or

Quit.
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Sijo01(f): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
One of the disadvantages of one man company

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Nateben(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
End time boss!!!

In Obasanjo's voice. grin
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kill ur boss and become the boss angry grin grin.. just kidding ooo..

Nothing to contribute since I'm my own boss.. cool cool
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by idupaul: 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Is he from the South south

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Destined2win: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tell your boss to come and meet Destined2win so that he can reset him to default..
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by demsid(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
ppl funny sha one dey say make he carry stabilizer go office to regulate d unstable oga. another say make e become an unstable employee, one say make he sack him oga. all of una no well o. I Don laff piss for my landlord head o. d mumu think say na rain.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by emmyw(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Frustrated boss
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by thefakestan: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
This is what you should do.

Manage your Boss.
As a good manager that shouldn't be too hard.

ThefakeStan
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by raziboi(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
sack ur boss!!!
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Jengem: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
lol he seems harsh

the secret is to fire your boss and become le boss as it were

but many Nigerians are satisfied with mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by chynie: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
A
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by Bigdreams(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
Some responses here... Haba... Nairalanders!
Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by talk2omon(f): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
I think you should stop letting him know about mistakes from staff.Be very tactical when relating with him.

9 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by yomi007k(m): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Let him sack everybody, we will see who will remain.

Meanwhile, u can employ all d sacked workers in ur company.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? by miqos02(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter / Working Law Religiously For Self And Family At ₦225,000 Monthly / 10 Things You Can Do To Advance Your Career To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.