Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? (39042 Views)

Best Courier Company To Ship From USA To Nigeria. / Need A Courier Company To Handle Pay-on-delivery / Best Courier For Retail Ecommerce In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2009
Let's say I want to ship small packages (to residential addresses - no more than 3kg per package) from Lagos to other parts of Nigeria quite frequently (maybe 30 packages a week) - which courier company/service can deliver within 2 days max & is affordable but reliable?

A friend suggested EMS Speedpost Economy.

http://www.emsng.com/tariff-ems.htm

Any thoughts and/or other suggestions? Reliability to deliver within 2 days is a MUST.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2009
Someone also mentioned Nipost Parcel Post.

[url]http://www.nipostparcelpost.com/Rates.aspx
[/url]

Seems very cheap but I dey fear for it's reliability sha.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by MyPeace(f): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2009
Tranex is good, and you can negotiate their prices. www.tranex-ng.com

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by curioscat: 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2009
try fedex. they are very reliable smiley
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by bolseas(f): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2009
since it is within nigeria, just go to one of the parks, meet the pple in charge of parcel handling, if there is any vehicle going on night journey, d parcel will be deliverd the following day i mean within 24hrs and that is if there is some1 on ground to receive it at the park.

courier- i think Ifex is okay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Kay1kay1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
DHL and DHL alone.You cannot afford to lose time or resend packages.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Redman44(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
I have heard about the EMS Speedpost delivery systems, but I'm not sure if they are reliable. DHL is good but very expensive.

@ Poster

There are many courier companies in Nigeria. Some are registered while others are not. The Luxury Bus Companies also offer parcel and goods delivery services. It will be very hard to point out the best courier company in Nigeria. Some of the well established Courier companies in Nigeria sometimes lose parcels and have their own issues. Conduct an online search and call them up for their locations and prices. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by otokx(m): 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2009
DHL is cool
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by slimtoney(m): 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
tradeways express has gotten a domestic network that is unrivalled and their price is pocket friendly too
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Bonie(m): 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2009
i use FEDEX but is somehow expensive, at times if the message is so urgent i just work into a recorgnised pack and locate vehicle going to the state am sending my percel to, meet the driver one on one and give him, collect his vehicle number, tele number but that will be on the condition that you either have someone on a stand bye that the driver will deliver to as soon as he arrived. Text those particulars to the person through your mobile phone and address it to him. i always do that almost everyday but just that you will always pay for the seat of one passenger.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by dapyjay: 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2009
EMS speed post is ok and affordable. A friend recently sent a laptop to me here in Jalingo, Taraba state from Lagos at a price less than N2000 and i received it within 3 working days.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by showbobo(m): 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2009
UPS is quite reliable but pretty expensive lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2009
Bus companys and drivers are OK,some are even registered and u wud be issued a reciept,the Only problem is that they dont deliever to your doorstep ,someone have to go their office/park to pick it.
DHL and Fedex are cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2009
bolseas:

since it is within nigeria, just go to one of the parks, meet the pple in charge of parcel handling, if there is any vehicle going on night journey, d parcel will be deliverd the following day i mean within 24hrs and that is if there is some1 on ground to receive it at the park.

courier- i think Ifex is okay.

nice one grin
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2009
u sef cheesy
Ifex na Ifesinachi transport comp. courier service lol
the name just upgrade am.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Owugal(f): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2009
I didnt even know Nigeria had that facility. Gosh I have a low opinion of Nigeria. does Nigeria have postal service??
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2009
Thank you everyone. Kai, that DHL/Fedex/UPS will be expensive o, my poor customers cry , but it'll be more expensive if I use a crappy courier service and I end up losing packages. That wont be good at all.

I've heard Tradeways are also very good, but I dont know. I'll call them tomorrow for quotes

I've never heard about these bus/drive courier sha, e dey do me one kind. undecided

So EMS is a definate no?
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
Owu gal:

I didnt even know Nigeria had that facility. Gosh I have a low opinion of Nigeria. does Nigeria have postal service??

What did you think they use ? Smoke signal? undecided angry See this one. angry grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by ohaechesi(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
@poster

if na money you won deliver, why don't you try me. i'm efficient, transparent, sincere and i'm also pay as you go. i bet you, no courier company has ever beaten my record. what is my name and location? well my names are GOOD FELLOW and you can locate me in any newly opened beer parlour. why don't you give me a trial? you never hala.

you are asking for reliability in Nigeria, what if the labour should go on strike, there wont be fuel or gas to facilitate swift transportation either by air, sea or by road. what if armed rubbers should attack the delivery truck on transit. omo forget reliability in Nigeria only pray and cover your parcel with the blood of Jesus, period.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by ohaechesi(m): 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2009
@poster

it seems you just want to advertise your newly invented delivery means called Tradeways. omo, e no go work here laye laye, lol
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2009
ohaechesi:

@poster

if na money you won deliver, why don't you try me. i'm efficient, transparent, sincere and i'm also pay as you go. i bet you, no courier company has ever beaten my record. what is my name and location? well my names are GOOD FELLOW and you can locate me in any newly opened beer parlour. why don't you give me a trial? you never hala.

you are asking for reliability in Nigeria, what if the labour should go on strike, there wont be fuel or gas to facilitate swift transportation either by air, sea or by road. what if armed rubbers should attack the delivery truck on transit. omo forget reliability in Nigeria only pray and cover your parcel with the blood of Jesus, period.

Funny guy  grin Afi good fellow na. Na only good fellow, una never jam 419 fellow kwa?  grin

I am not so sure when last I heard DHL/FEDEX went on strike, but if and when they do, as a business person, our job is to find alternative measures. Alternative measures could include leveraging a few willing drivers (people who own cars and dont mind making some extra bucks) for deliveries  wink or negotiating customer collection of their own packages with the a discount off the total merchandise as an incentive.

No long thing, as an enterpreneur, I am always one step ahead  wink grin
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2009
ohaechesi:

@poster

it seems you just want to advertise your newly invented delivery means called Tradeways. omo, e no go work here laye laye, lol

Nah, mate. It woudnt make any sense for me to have mentioned EMS if that was the case, but I am pretty sure you are pulling my legs grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by amaechijay: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2009
UPS UPS UPS, as far as reliability is concerned
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Owugal(f): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ HYNMAN, who said "What did you think they use ? Smoke signal?
See this one"

Sincerely, I didnt even think Nigeria was sophisticated enough for even smoke signal. I thought they just prayed that they could deliver the mail. or simply hoped for the person they wanted to deliver the message to just show up for a chance visit.

When I was in Nigeria, I did not think anything worked except armed robbery. though I never tried to practice the means.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by hackney(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2009
Someone mentioned Nipost ; i thought they went on strike since '89. cheesy cheesy grin

@poster
I think DHL is the way forward for you.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2009
Owu gal:

See this one"

Sincerely, I didnt even think Nigeria was sophisticated enough for even smoke signal. I thought they just prayed that they could deliver the mail. or simply hoped for the person they wanted to deliver the message to just show up for a chance visit.

When I was in Nigeria, I did not think anything worked except armed robbery. though I never tried to practice the means.

I like your sarcasm sha, true talk . grin

The armed robbery issue is however a huge dilema. It's so sad how rampant it is.
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2009
AYAMATANGA Express! lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Hynman: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

AYAMATANGA Express! lipsrsealed

Ofe!  shocked Magic Post Express  grin
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by Redman44(m): 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2009
One thing we need to realize is this: Nigeria is not that bad as we sometimes paint it. The problem with us is simply that too many people are not thinking deeply enough in our country. It is what we keep professing with our mouths that will manifest physically in Nigeria. It is really disheartening that many Nigerians don't see anything good about their country. Though we have a crop of largely corrupt leaders, we also have a good number of citizens who are doing well in their different spheres of influence. NIPOST is not as bad as we think it is. I still get letters [ including those coming from Europe ] being brought to my house by NIPOST staff. NIPOST has some agencies scattered in our neighbourhoods, if you care to know. I have sent important documents through EMS Speedpost in the past and they got to their respective destinations cool cool

I've also been lucky to travel to the western countries. I want to let you know that sometimes letters go missing in Britain. In the States, Parcels are sometimes not delivered promptly and are stolen sometimes. These are facts and incidents that the Britons and Americans will not put on the pages of their Newspapers and Magazines. We need to work on our psyche as Nigerians. We need to change the way we perceive our country. I agree that things are not going on smoothly, but the challenge before us is that we should strive to come up with solutions to our problems, instead of being critics all the time.

@ Poster

You'll be amazed at how many honest courier companies you'll come across as time goes on. Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by showbobo(m): 12:01am On Jun 09, 2009
Owu gal:

See this one"

Comport yourself abeg. . . Borrow yourself Brain jo. . . How dare speak ill of my beloved country angry angry angry
Re: What's The Best Courier Company For Shipping Within Nigeria? by hubreality(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2009
Safe delivery is worth "peace" then customer satisfaction is King. DHL, FEDEX, ABC CARGO, UPS, AERO CARGO, and IFEX are pretty doing well. No Stories, and less fears.
New ones are encouraged to emulate and do the same.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Balogun Market, Lagos On Fire (Video) / Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria / Which Business Can One Start With ₦200K In 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.