Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:21 PM

4 Things Worse Than Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Things Worse Than Death (4288 Views)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 10:50am On Dec 19, 2015
What are four things that are worse than death for the
Christian?

A Wasted Life
A life that’s not lived is a life that is wasted. That might be worse than death. For much of my youth, I did waste it. I spent it on frivolous things that will all pass away someday. I pursued a life of wealth while ignoring a call to eternal life. Like the old Shakespearian phrase, “Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all,” which we can say like this, “It is better to have lived and lost than to have never lived at all.” As long as someone is drawing a breath, God is not done with them. Someday God will demand an account from us for the life we have been freely given and what we did with it.

Denying Christ
This might be the worst thing of all. Jesus said that “many are called but few are chosen” (Matt. 22:14), and on the day of His visitation, “many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness’ ” (Matt. 7:22-23). We can deny Christ by our silence. Instead of obeying the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20), we live out the “great omission.” “ For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels ” (Luke 9:26). That is far worse than a physical death because it includes a spiritual death (Rev. 20:12-15; 21:cool.

Wrong Purpose in Life
Even Christians can get caught up in the trappings of the world. There is a “Judas” in every human heart that seeks to have financial security and sometimes even at a great cost. I don’t think Judas knew they were going to crucify Jesus when he betrayed Him because he later regretted what he had done and gave back the 30 pieces of silver. Jesus told Judas the purpose for which God created him, but Judas had his own purpose, which was to accumulate wealth. It backfired–it accumulated him. If only he knew that “ the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs ” (1 Tim. 6:10).

Unredeemed Time
It is very frustrating when you try and use your coupons only to discover that they’ve already expired. Then you wonder if you would have bought that item in the first place. God commands us “redeeming the time, because the days are evil ” (Eph. 5:16), and James adds “You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life?
For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes ” (James 4:14). What will you do when you see Jesus for the first time? The Apostle John considers that when he wrote, “Now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming ” (1 John 2:28), indicating that some apparently would shrink back in shame, not so much for what they did but what they should have done. Not redeeming the time is wasting a life.

Conclusion
We won’t get a second chance at His return. We only get to do this life once. There is no “Plan B,” so Paul recommends that “ whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men ” (Col. 3:3) and to “serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people ” (Eph. 6:7). A life spent not living is a life not lived.

God bless you
By Pastor Jack Wellman

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Ezedon(m): 10:58am On Dec 19, 2015
5; Living in Borno state

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:02am On Dec 19, 2015
Noted, Tanx
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by benedictnsi(m): 11:04am On Dec 19, 2015
You've got some cool points nigga
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ichommy(m): 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
Denying Christ grin
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
The worst thing that ever happen to a man is being born.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
aaronson:
The worst thing that ever happen to a man is being born.

I understand that life sucks sometimes too many, Life was never meant to be lived without God.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:
I understand that life sucks sometimes too many, Life was never meant to be lived without God.
Just like how God was never meant to be seen among men because Life sucks.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
aaronson:
Just like how God was never meant to be seen among men because Life sucks.
On the contrary, God is ready to help us through life if we put our hands in His hands.

@Bolded, do you only believe in the visible or is it about God alone.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:
On the contrary, God is ready to help us through life if we put our hands in His hands.

@Bolded, do you only believe in the visible or is it about God alone.
that's why he helped pastor Bimbo Odukoya died in the infated plane crash she was involved in.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
aaronson:
that's why he helped pastor Bimbo Odukoya died in the infated plane crash she was involved in.
Lol, In short you are still confused on why bad things happen to "good people".
No human declares that there is no God through "logical reasoning", it all has to do with emotions. Even though some employ "logical reasoning" as a facade to validate their emotion-deducted conclusion.

just like a similar minded atheist created this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2806657/father-not-healed-before-year/4#41133797
Its all emotions.

Logic/science and atheism are two lines that never meet.

You really need to ask yourself who a "good person" is.

John the baptist was beheaded, and so what.
Stephen was stoned, and so what.
Some disciples were murdered, and so what.

Look, We do not look up to the one who is able to attack the flesh
God forbid me to forgo a celestial glory for a terrestial. Flesh is just dust, glory is all.
Afterall, death is just a transition.

So my friend, you need to stop thinking that death is the ultimate, its just a transition to Glory. A glory that cant be compared to any other.

Stop caging your mind, it didnt begin here and so it dosent end here. Late Bimbo odukoya might just be in a better place.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ifenes(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
1. Being an idiot

2.Being a christian

3 Not having enough sex

4 Fear of hell fire

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
ifenes:
1. Being an idiot
Whatever this means
ifenes:

2.Being a christian
Thought it should be Being religious undecided KingEbukasBlog, you see what ive been saying undecided...Atheism is not against religion, its against christianity. Its a conscious effort to rebel against God, the One true God.
ifenes:

3 Not having enough sex
Yeah, having your way without remorse and no one to call you to order. Isnt that the point of atheism.
ifenes:

4 Fear of hell fire
We dont fear hell, We fear God. Not "fear" in the wordly context, Just reverence, consciousness of a Creator. Yirat adonai. The Kind of Honour/reverence/fear i have for my parents, yeah. Think of a much more serious honour for the Creator of all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:

Thought it should be Being religious undecided KingEbukasBlog, you see what ive been saying undecided...Atheism is not against religion, its against christianity. Its a conscious effort to rebel against God, the One true God.

Everywhere ! Atheism is fighting a war against Christianity . How many atheists are dedicated to fighting Islam , or any other religion ?

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
ifenes:
1. Being an idiot

2.Being a christian

3 Not having enough sex

4 Fear of hell fire

@ winner01 ... Christianity restrains someone from immoral life that's the reason for two and three . Christianity also says there's everlasting punishment for the immoral ones - evidently what he is afraid of
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:
No human declares that there is no God through "logical reasoning", it all has to do with emotions. Even though some employ "logical reasoning" as a facade to validate their emotion-deducted conclusion.

Its all emotions.

God forbid me to forgo a celestial glory for a terrestial. Flesh is just dust, glory is all.

So my friend, you need to stop thinking that death is the ultimate, its just a transition to Glory. A glory that cant be compared to any other.

Stop caging your mind, it didnt begin here and so it dosent end here. Late Bimbo odukoya might just be in a better place.
If late Bimbo is in a better place and death is just a transition, I wish for you death tonight and you would never see the new year, can I get an amen in capital letter.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
aaronson:
If late Bimbo is in a better place and death is just a transition, I wish for you death tonight and you would never see the new year, can I get an amen in capital letter.
Dont sweat it, when im done declaring the works of God on earth, I hope for a greater glory with my Lord Jesus Christ.

So death is your issue , since you hate death so much, why not just say it too dosent exist undecided grin
Sorry bro, reality keeps smiling at you. grin

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:
Dont sweat it, when im done declaring the works of God on earth, I hope for a greater glory with my Lord Jesus Christ.

So death is your issue , since you hate death so much, why not just say it too dosent exist undecided grin
I just asked you a simple question and you wrote me back a long essay skipping out on the answer to my question, let it be known that as an atheist I'm prepared and never scared of death anytime it comes knocking at my door, now as the christian you claim to be who sees death as going to somewhere great outside earth, again, I wish for you death tonight and you shall never see the new near but die to go to a great place, can I get an amen to that?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
AMEN is all the young man asked you to say nah. grin
Death is just a Transition, like seriously? How come your pastors have armoured body guards following them everywhere? I guess they don't believe in same God they preach about and afraid to be in that 'everlasting-enjoyment-place' I laughed at your ignorance!!

The greatest STUPIDITY is when my pastor, surrounded with armed body guards say to me: I shall send angels to watch over you and I believed him.

winner01:

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
It is my greatest problem with all these religious fanatics.
He claimed to know that Pastor Bimbo is now enjoying in that 'great place' but refuses to leave this sinful world to join her and others.

Another STUPIDITY is when a pastor (with armed to the tooth body guards) say to me: The Bible says "unless God watches over a man, the watchman watches but in vain" and I failed to remind him of his guards!

aaronson:
I just asked you a simple question and you wrote me back a long essay skipping out on the answer to my question, let it be known that as an atheist I'm prepared and never scared of death anytime it comes knocking at my door, now as the christian you claim to be who sees death as going to somewhere great outside earth, again, I wish for you death tonight and you shall never see the new near but die to go to a great place, can I get an amen to that?
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
ScofieldBello:
He claimed to know that Pastor Bimbo is now enjoying in that 'great place' but refuses to leave this sinful world to join her and others.

Another STUPIDITY is when a pastor (with armed to the tooth body guards) say to me: The Bible says "unless God watches over a man, the watchman watches but in vain" and I failed to remind him of his guards!

Don't mind those indoctrinated delude christians, they never think, they only programmed mentally by their bible.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
aaronson:
and i replied simply
winner01:
Notice "when im done". I have a purpose, a mission. Jesus completed his mission on earth before ascending to heaven.

So, when im done, i wish to live eternally.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:
and i replied simply

Notice "when im done". I have a purpose, a mission. Jesus completed his mission on earth before ascending to heaven.

So, when im done, i wish to live eternally.

You are too wise to be discussing with fools . Your response was coherent enough , it was a brutal blow and the dummy is not responding sensibly because he has not fully gained consciousness
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
ScofieldBello:
AMEN is all the young man asked you to say nah. grin
When im ready dude, ill surrender the flesh. For now, the devil has no power over it, till im done declaring the works of God.
ScofieldBello:

Death is just a Transition, like seriously? How come your pastors have armoured body guards following them everywhere? I guess they don't believe in same God they preach about and afraid to be in that 'everlasting-enjoyment-place' I laughed at your ignorance!!
You need to keep laughing man, at least till you can think well about what u just wrote.
Who are your pastors?
I look up to God not pastors.
ScofieldBello:
The greatest STUPIDITY is when my pastor, surrounded with armed body guards say to me: I shall send angels to watch over you and I believed him.
Naah, the greatest stupid1ty is turning to atheism after judging the deeds of a man pastor.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You are too wise to be discussing with fools . Your response was coherent enough , it was a brutal blow and the dummy is not responding sensibly because he has not fully gained consciousness
I noticed aaronson is going through so much, and needs help. lol. Sometimes he also does not comprehend well as a result of being filled with so much hate.
I just wanted to see if he would accept my offer to help him understand lifegrin, obviously he dosent want it, not this time at least.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:
I noticed aaronson is going through so much, and needs help. lol. Sometimes he also does not comprehend well as a result of being filled with so much hate.

This is so true . Vooks calls it antitheism . Atheists on nairaland need to understand the difference but apparently I doubt there is a difference

I just wanted to see if he would accept my offer to help him understand lifegrin, obviously he dosent want it, not this time at least.

grin . He has to regain full consciousness first because without consciousness one cannot understand grin
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by CoolUsername: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
winner01:

Its all emotions.

This is untrue, while some base their decisions on emotion., it isn't all. I deconverted when I saw how flawed the bible is both scientifically and morally, coupled with the fact that there is no evidence of a god. But I don't think you'll understand that.

Why? Because you've been programmed to discredit logical reasoning and science once it comes into conflict with your religion.

One thing I've noticed in life is that logic is constant, the scientific method is constant and they have both worked out for us with appreciable evidence (such as: the vehicles we ride in, the internet we're using, etc).

Religion on the other hand, comes with several factors, the religion of your family, geographical location, the people who colonized you, etc.

Any belief that cannot be questioned by a believer is exactly the kind of the belief you SHOULD question. You shouldn't be close-minded or afraid, take a small step to see where the atheist is coming from, instead of blocking out all that they say.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
ScofieldBello:
Oh man, sorry bouh that but your problems arnt going away anytime soongrin
[email]
ScofieldBello:

[/email]I choose my words carefully, notice the use of "might" when i referred to pastor Bimbo. I hope shes in Heaven though.
ScofieldBello:

You failed. Well, you just failed again.
Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
GULLIBILITY and INDOCTRINATION are your problems.
Lemme know when you receive sense.
winner01:

Oh man, sorry bouh that but your problems arnt going away anytime soongrin
[email][/email]I choose my words carefully, notice the use of "might" when i referred to pastor Bimbo. I hope shes in Heaven though.
You failed. Well, you just failed again.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
CoolUsername:

This is untrue, while some base their decisions on emotion., it isn't all. I deconverted when I saw how flawed the bible is both scientifically and morally, coupled with the fact that there is no evidence of a god. But I don't think you'll understand that.
It is very true and i just cited examples. you keep emphasizing flaws. KingEbukasBlog asked you to mention them, you became dumb, why then should i take you serious.
There is no evidence of God but there is evidence of the human mind. Do you mind showing us a picture of the human mind as proof that it existsundecided, Any attempt will be appreciated.
CoolUsername:

Why? Because you've been programmed to discredit logical reasoning and science once it comes into conflict with your religion.
Typical, sorry dude, logical reason and science have absolutely nothing to do with atheism. Like i said, you guys are desperate and will cling on anything to remain relevant.
Logical reason or science does not support creation out of nothing. Dont flatter yourself, think instead.
CoolUsername:

One thing I've noticed in life is that logic is constant, the scientific method is constant and they have both worked out for us with appreciable evidence (such as: the vehicles we ride in, the internet we're using, etc).
Most of the worlds greatest inventors and scientists believed in God, go figure.

CoolUsername:
Religion on the other hand, comes with several factors, the religion of your family, geographical location, the people who colonized you, etc.
Do you remain poor cos you were born into a poor familyundecided
Why do you struggle to succeed when you werent born into successundecided
Got itundecided
You could be born into anything, i care less, the most important thing is to be free, and only the truth will set you free.
CoolUsername:

Any belief that cannot be questioned by a believer is exactly the kind of the belief you SHOULD question. You shouldn't be close-minded or afraid, take a small step to see where the atheist is coming from, instead of blocking out all that they say.
You are mentally caged, thats why you have restricted your thinking to the visible.
You cant see force or energy, but you can feel and sense its effects, does it mean it dosent exist.
The universe was created by forces, and its definately not natural forces, and those forces act on the natural.
Open your mind, you will find answers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by ScofieldBello(m): 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
I rest my case.

Re: 4 Things Worse Than Death by winner01(m): 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
ScofieldBello:
GULLIBILITY and INDOCTRINATION are your problems.
Lemme know when you receive sense.
Lemme know when you stop your desperate and unreasonable obsession with God or religion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Powerful Prophet Of God / Feast Of Trumpets, Roshhashanah, 1st Day Of Tishri & The Second Coming Of Christ / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.