Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. (31415 Views)

7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS / 16m Nigerians Unemployed In Q3 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics Reveals / N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by superstr: 10:55am On Dec 19, 2015
It goes without saying that unemployment is wide spread in Nigeria. However, most graduates can still live comfortably if they can follow the pieces of advice bello:

01. Don't demand for too much: Most unemployed graduates want to recieve huge salary immidiately after graduation which is not bad but unreasonable considering Nigeria's context and their connections. Their empty pride denied them of jobs because jobs are somehow "available" "everywhere" in Nigeria, the salary may be too lean though.Anyway, if you are influencial or you can build your influence, you can request for any amount. If not, you need to go for jobs that will atleast earn you living. With this, you will be able to develop you appearance , skills etc., and retain your confidence to seek better jobs. Don't ever see the current job as the dead end, look for better ones -- It is just a placeholder.

02. Build your skills and confidence: Any company needs skills and talents and they are looking for these as you are looking for job. For them to discover you, you must be outstanding. Look for the problems of companies or anything that will grow their profits. Don't let them come to you, go and show them what you "gat" but don't undervalue you worth. Build your confidence even if you soak garri everyday.

03. Create a job: You are having problem to get job because preceeding generations don't create sufficent jobs. Be realistic. If no one gives you job and the labour market is stagnant while labour force is increasing, create one for yourself. But most graduate deprive themselves of great opportunities with their empty pride. Pride without proof is useless -- get rid of your pride till the right moment. If you can create great things, join your talented friends or colleuges to create things. Jobberman founders are able to get job and employ many graduates through job seekers -- funny but true. Think out of the box.

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by stevealibi: 11:10am On Dec 19, 2015
I concor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ennon92(m): 11:40am On Dec 19, 2015
Meticulously written.

2 Likes

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by sholay2011(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
stevealibi:
I concur
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Afeezoladapo(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2015
True! Hoping not to forget dis after my grad.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Ojestas(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
OP forgot to mention this;
Reason 4: If you don't have connections

Who cares about your skills or what you v got to offer, as long as u know the Ogas at the top. C'est finis.

Next poster, pls let them know!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ERONX(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
1) The country is messed up
2) The country is F***kd up
3) The country is corrupt

6 Likes

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by free2ryhme: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
superstr:
It goes without saying that unemployment is wide spread in Nigeria. However, most graduates can still live comfortably if they can follow the pieces of advice bello:

01. Don't demand for too much: Most unemployed graduates want to recieve huge salary immidiately after graduation which is not bad but unreasonable considering Nigeria's context and their connections. Their empty pride denied them of jobs because jobs are somehow "available" "everywhere" in Nigeria, the salary may be too lean though.Anyway, if you are influencial or you can build your influence, you can request for any amount. If not, you need to go for jobs that will atleast earn you living. With this, you will be able to develop you appearance , skills etc., and retain your confidence to seek better jobs. Don't ever see the current job as the dead end, look for better ones -- It is just a placeholder.

02. Build your skills and confidence: Any company needs skills and talents and they are looking for these as you are looking for job. For them to discover you, you must be outstanding. Look for the problems of companies or anything that will grow their profits. Don't let them come to you, go and show them what you "gat" but don't undervalue you worth. Build your confidence even if you soak garri everyday.

03. Create a job: You are having problem to get job because preceeding generations don't create sufficent jobs. Be realistic. If no one gives you job and the labour market is stagnant while labour force is increasing, create one for yourself. But most graduate deprive themselves of great opportunities with their empty pride. Pride without proof is useless -- get rid of your pride till the right moment. If you can create great things, join your talented friends or colleuges to create things. Jobberman founders are able to get job and employ many graduates through job seekers -- funny but true. Think out of the box.

the law of man know man nullifies only this trash

3 Likes

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by chynie: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Correct but u missed no 1
Lack of connection
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ttemmi(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by free2ryhme: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
ERONX:
Ojestas:

una no dey tire
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
easy to say, the reality is dat graduates outnumber the available jobs, its only logic some will be jobless. also not everyone can be an enterprenuer even most pple dat venture into it get thier hands burnt . it is jst a sign of end times

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by dadebayo1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ok.. Noted
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Abuklaw(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Your suggestions are everyday thought of an average Nigerian but sadly, the environment is crippling. We are constantly brainstorming on how to make life easy for ourselves without or with little government intervention, but my brother, our plan frequently encountered harsh policies of the government and the widened economic gap prevalent in our nation.

2 Likes

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by MeesterMAN: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
lol
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nihilist: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
superstr:

VERY VERY TRUE.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by free2ryhme: 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
i have seen people with less skills that got mouth watering jobs

all your theories does not prove anything

when Oluwa is involved even schl cert holder can be a manager

forget that thing wey you type for up there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by menix(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
All these grammar nah for Man wey no sabi Man...

If ur uncle nah Director for MTN, will ur confidence abii demand in anyway matter when u don't even need to sit for an Interview..

2 Likes

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Trone: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Spot on! Sad I was the only one that liked it as at 14:19 after 4hrs of posting.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by xexy: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
cool God help us
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Funjosh(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Let me read and read again tongue
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by nmreports: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
Let me try as much as possible to make what the Op has said more practical.
The below is very important.

1st point. Do not demand too much. This is not rightly said. In as much as you are trying to motivate people, it is also important to consider the impact of our words. Sometimes, people are not as self assured as you may think and telling them not to demand too much can create in them some form of low self-worth.
Guys you deserve the best any company can offer. If you are at the stage where you have been asked to come in for interview it is best to envisage that they will ask you salary expectations.

What is the right thing to do?
Research on the salary scale of the company and ask the right salary accordingly. Its simple. There is no way you will research about most companies anywhere and you will not get their salary scale. Research and ask the right amount accordingly. Dont make the mistake of thinking you do not want to ask too much.

2nd point
. Build your skills and confidence. Not one person is totally confident. NOT ONE. So if you think your fears and fidgeting is unique to you, kindly think again. Even the best speakers and most intelligent and brilliant people in the world doubt themselves sometimes.

How do you build your skills and confidence
?
I will make it simple. Register for professional exams, read on skill acquisition online especially the niche you are looking to build your career and study confidence development strategies.
You have to practice them. Examples;
a) No matter what, do not look down when soeaking to people. It takes practice to learn this.
b) Do not walk too slow across a room. It shows you are not confident enough in your self.
c) Always breathe in and out intensively like drawing huge air in and silently release them before you walk into a room.
All these things are skills. Very few are in-born.

Lastly, third point. There is no way you will have qualifications and study hard extensively and not build your confidence. Kindly read more articles about this.

Create a job.
This is the most difficult part for me. I hear about so many employers and entrepreneurs and job creators and it is beyond my understanding how they go about it growing a business from small to big. I need help in this regard too.

However, what I can advice is try to figure out your passion. What comes natural to you. I think that is one of the best way to know what you should do in life.
Other ways to know what business to get into is what is thriving at the moment.
What are the things that picks your interest easily.
What set skills do you have that can bring in money for you if utilized and engaged.
What needs need to be met where you are.
Do not forget, you should study hard and hard and hard before you embark on any journey. Whether application, interviews, business even relationships as this will help you in your journey towards fulfillment.

SOURCE: www.HRtechnique.com

Tagged: Very Important

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by registration(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
well yeah... but at times one could be fortunate
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
stevealibi:
I concor
chai...u be FTC u come murder english like dat,concur not concor

1 Like

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by 22logos: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
Dont be lazy

Hustle your way to the top

Dont stay Idle

Learn something, anything

Don't be in mediocrity,sitting in one place, change base, connect,enquire,leave your parents house.

[size=16pt]
Need a Good company logo today?
[/size]
[size=16pt]
[/size]
[size=16pt]
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by loomer: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Three reasons are

1: no jobs
2: no money to pay workers
3: all of the above

2 Likes

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by YerYer: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
If you don't have that fake British or Yankee accent, some of these employers wouldn't look at your side.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Viktor1983(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
ERONX:
1) The country is messed up 2) The country is F***kd up 3) The country is corrupt
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ArcIbrahim38(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
You will be unemployed in Nigeria if the favour market is not at your favour....gbam

1 Like

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ibkgab001: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hummmmm ok
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Matttthew(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Really

End time reasons....

But op try make small sense
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by belamour(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Reason 4 . If you can't start from the bottom..

I mean start as Cleaner/Driver/Gateman/Messenger

One Of D Reason I Ventured Into Entrepreneurship

On Top 5yrs For Institution Nah to Come Dey Pay Me 50k Per Month

How I Wan Marry ?

How I Wan Born ?

How I Wan Buy My Dream Car ?

How I Wan Build My Dream House ?

How I Wan Go Vacation ?

How I Wan Do Shopping ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Graduate Can You Do This? .... / My First Major Job Interview In Germany (true Life Story) / ................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.