Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,179 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) (1657 Views)

Erotica Piece / The Better Mirror (short Piece) / Now That Buhari Is Dead (satirical Piece) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
It's really been a while around here and I must admit that I've missed the whole glam in writing.
I guess it's finally time to post something. Hope it's worth the read.

I've missed you all loads and I'm sure I won't stop typing if I begin with invites...... kiss kiss
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
MY SUICIDE NOTE

As I lay back on the duvet, I realize that more than ever, I'm succumbing to it. I'm giving in as much as I've tried fighting. The thought of suicide is becoming as appealing to me as it was to my family. Now more than ever, I'm reminiscing the days I was a living human. A free one. I'd been happy before.

Now I realize, I'm suicidal.

Hold on, reader. Don't rush into judging my decision, rash it may seem. The Almighty indeed is the giver and taker of life but he does allow us decide when to give back the life to him sometimes. For me, I doubt the life I'm handing to him is even worth crap.

I've lived the past decade of my life, believing I couldn't be happier. Gaining admission into a respectable institution. Graduating with honors from a prestigious university in my dream career. Some even wish for less. But I did have that. I did smile on the convocation. But it faded soon enough. After service alongside friends, I realized there was much more to life than a university degree. Getting employed wasn't what I imagined.

People complain that the system is poor. I say it's more of rotten than poor. They all wanted something. Your back down and you get the employment letter. Disappointment rang forth from those I trusted the most. My dad had believed so much in a few of his friends but they turned out to be typically selfish. They weren't ready to help even in the least possible way.

Relatives began asking questions. 'How much longer?' They asked over and over.

My father began advising it was better I stayed indoors whenever they came around. I complied easily (laughs). I couldn't be a leech and be stubborn also.

Now I've received the final straw upon my frail camel's back. It's definitely tearing apart right now. I've been sentenced to the slowest form of suicide ever.

Sentenced finally to a union to be despised forever on my part. Sentenced to what looks like a heavenly reward to my father, a gift from saints to my mother. But it's suicide for me.

Starting on Saturday morning, I take the first dose for my suicide elixir. A vow to be bounded to someone I despise. All because I've been found to be a possessed cargo that can never bring fruits due to the massiveness of the demons within. Woe to the doom ministers my parents so cherish. They finally got me suicidal. Teemed up to make me murderous. Handed me to the facilitator of doom, one of them, devilish as Lucifer to be my correlative because he's got it all (or so it appears).

Now I'm going to shut my eyes. Savor my last moments, because the lady that walks down the aisle tomorrow morning is a dead version of me. She's committed the worst bit of suicide. The one that kills over and over again up until she's finally slipped away.

#Qetsiyah

4 Likes

Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by LarrySun(m): 12:05am On Dec 20, 2015
Beautiful. Poetic. Leaves me yearning for more.
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by Aceed: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2015
suicide shocked ...eeewwww angry
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by harjibolar10(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2015
Hunmmmm mm mmm.... Thank God say I came on time, mehn, I've miss ya gaan ni

Oya, let me sidon and jejely dey read am
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by labaski(f): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2015
kizzykeziah:
It's really been a while around here and I must admit that I've missed the whole glam in writing.
I guess it's finally time to post something. Hope it's worth the read.

I've missed you all loads and I'm sure I won't stop typing if I begin with invites...... kiss kiss
and when it comes from d blessed kizzykeziah.. I can't but follow it up.. ride on ma'am..
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
LarrySun:
Beautiful. Poetic. Leaves me yearning for more.

I'm humbled, sir. Fhanku smiley
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Aceed:
suicide shocked ...eeewwww angry

Lol. Not literally suicide wink
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
harjibolar10:
Hunmmmm mm mmm.... Thank God say I came on time, mehn, I've miss ya gaan ni

Oya, let me sidon and jejely dey read am

cool cool Miss you double
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
labaski:
and when it comes from d blessed kizzykeziah.. I can't but follow it up.. ride on ma'am..

I definitely feel blessed to have you as a follower. Too bad I'm not continuing on this one.....
Love ya smiley wink
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by VanTee20(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
You are a terrific writer, Keziah. You seriously are.
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by Oche211(m): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
"Pilot stop, park. i'm finally here" this is a beautiful, awesome, classic piece of writing. kizzy, u still d best.
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by adegwurulez(m): 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
You do have your way with words don't you? Never knew you paint pictures this perfect. Glad I found this, It made my day.
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 12:08am On Dec 30, 2015
VanTee20:

You are a terrific writer, Keziah. You seriously are.

Yeah, loads of thanks to you. You're awesome. smiley
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 12:10am On Dec 30, 2015
Oche211:
"Pilot stop, park. i'm finally here"
this is a beautiful, awesome, classic piece of writing.
kizzy, u still d best.

My able PRO, even you are 'bestest', if there's a word like that. cool
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2015
adegwurulez:
You do have your way with words don't you? Never knew you paint pictures this perfect. Glad I found this, It made my day.

Yay, I made someone's day cheesy
I've always been humbled following tracks of great writers like yourself. Boss, sir.
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by Zeeenas(f): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dis is ur 2nd piece i'm coming across nd ol i can say is "wow." u paint real life events in short but concise write up.
Re: My Suicide Note (A Short Piece) by kizzykeziah: 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Zeeenas:
Dis is ur 2nd piece i'm coming across nd ol i can say is "wow." u paint real life events in short but concise write up.

Thanks ma'am, I'm glad you think so cheesy
To think that I just started concise writing....

(1) (Reply)

Secondary School Love / The New Neighbour / Titanic Didn’t Sink Because Of An Iceberg, New Documentary Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.