Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos (63494 Views)

Top 10 Most Notorious Places In Ibadan / The Ten Most Notorious Neighborhood In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Bekwarra(m): 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
anukulapo:
Bekwarra, Nice writing style. I love your details.

No pride in violence but Mushin tops island IMO but like you said,for sentimental reasons I rest my case.

Violence on the island is only when it starts and its really a heat BUT you can bear witness that streets in mushin are always on read alert everyday. E.g In Akala,if you don't belong to the hood/have any business with the guys on the street,you're not welcome. No smile on the faces of those street thugs o.

You can still walk in most places on the island only to be cautious of sudden pick-pocket and bag snatchers BUT mushin guys go "chance" you openly and ask you to hold your footwear and run. One of the reason for the common clash will be that the person might go and reload for a counter attack.
Ebute-meta should be on the list too. It will drop surulere off the list. I'm 'lere breed though.

Iyana-iba area also because LASU guys (na dem spoil that area)
Baba you too sabi o. Mushin guys no get joy. Constantly on guard and at alert. Fighting happens everytime. Like you said I've witnessed instances where someone was obtained and asked to run in broad daylight. If you stay out late you must be very rugged to walk the streets of Mushin at night. It's only in Mushin that guys can use broken bottles to pursue armed robbers. In Mushin when they start their street fights, you can hear one side counting the bullets the gangleader of the other side is releasing and they will be shouting the counts waiting for him to release the last before they "rush" him.

9 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Bekwarra(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
ta4ba3:

Confirm my guy... op those places u mentioned are learners in these area

They have cultism

They have political thugs

They have tout

They have fraudsters

In fact they are d reason nigeria is not moving forward
Bros you dey vex o. Are these guys Dasuki, Jonathan, OBJ, Buhari, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Saraki, Amaechi, Diezani, TY Danjuma, Muazu? Because these are the problems of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Vastjoy(m): 10:59am On Dec 22, 2015
I think Bariga is the baddest

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Dexema(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
yes lagos island has badass guys but most of the clashes takes place during election period, BUT MUSHIN, somolu, bariga in recent times have witnessed some bloody and deadly incidents.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nina4u(f): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
Interesting
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Bekwarra(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Vastjoy:
Bariga for where?
Nina4u:
Interesting
Vastjoy:
Bariga for where?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by God2man(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
@Bekwarra, you mentioned itire, what about itire? could you pls describe the place?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by jaido007: 6:44pm On May 24, 2016
OP 9ice one....the write up is as if u have once lived in those areas.... Proudly omo Agege.....you got that of Agege own....
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by SuperSupremo(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2016
nice information
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by riczy(m): 8:51pm On May 24, 2016
una no day rest always online!
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by godoluwa(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2016
chai! op makes me remember my days 4 mushin. oloruntosin, gbogbo sarumi! cc haywire1, where do u represent?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2016
Ebute Metta?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 24, 2016
Fadeyi boys?? Fear them....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by pinkyliceous(f): 8:54pm On May 24, 2016
You forgot Festac. You are a learner.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by JingoOAU(m): 9:00pm On May 24, 2016
Nothing is as good as being born and bred in Ikeja...I mean Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 24, 2016
In other words the ENTIRELagos except Ikoyi, VI, and Ikeja GRA is a cesspool of violence and crime.

3 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by haywire1: 9:05pm On May 24, 2016
godoluwa:
chai! op makes me remember my days 4 mushin. oloruntosin, gbogbo sarumi! cc haywire1, where do u represent?

I repesent OSHODI, gone r those days wey u no fit pass oshodi without holding ur pocket grin grin grin grin

#

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Heineken(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2016
No be lie.. I grew up in Orile. If you're not sharp ehn, you no go fit cope.. Lagos ain't for everybody. I respect them there..am in Abuja now... Don't even want to go back there again.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 24, 2016
Bekwarra:
5. Ijora/Orile
I grouped these two together due to proximity. Ijora I can say categorically has the highest number of brothels in Lagos state. It is a slum where people live in squalor and poverty. The abode of all sorts of society rejects. Wherever you see brothels, then you know all sort of criminals abound there from armed robbers to fraudsters and drug addicts. A trip to Ijora might save me the stress of trying to describe an area of chaos and sodomy. Not that every other person you see in Ijora is bad, there are good people in some parts but the huge slum on the swamps and the dump sites along Orile are something else. At times you might want to think there's no government presence there. Light robberies, bag-snatching, drug peddling etc are the order of the day. Ijora, Badia, Orile are not for gentlemen.

4. Oshodi
I don't think Oshodi need introduction to any Lagosian. If you don't know Oshodi, then you don't know Lagos. Arguably the busiest bus stop in Lagos with inter state parks scattered everywhere. Oshodi is so notorious and despite Babatunde Fashola's best efforts to sanitize it, it still retains its notoriety. London Boys and Railway Line guys are still holding it by the jugular. The de facto emperor of Oshodi Musiliu Akinsanya AKA MC Oluomo is still holding sway with occasional gun battles for the soul of the NURTW cash cow by the different factions. The Railway Boys and London Boys are perennially at loggerheads. There are scammers, fraudsters, pick pockets and bag snatchers everywhere. When you are in Oshodi, always hold your pockets or bag firmly. Never allow a stranger you don't know hug you or get too close to you. Don't stop to talk to anyone claiming he just returned from Cotonou with good and looking for direction. Enough said for now.

3. Ajegunle
Twale 23million times. Is there anyone in Lagos that has never heard of Ajegunle? Chai! I still have a girl in Boundary sha *licks lips*. I respect Ajegunle a lot when it comes to being notorious. All crimes I mean all crimes you can think of as far as Lagos state is concerned are situated in that slum called Ajegunle. Apart from producing some of the best musicians Nigeria has ever known and some of the craziest lyrics and dance moves, Ajegunle also has many ugly side including but not limited to prostitution, drug-peddling and abuse, fraud, scam, thievery, vandalism, robbery, kidnapping etc. A real definiton of a slum and a ghetto.

2. Mushin
Well, I grew up here and I can rant about Mushin for the whole day. Mushin is notorious to a fault. In fact when you tell anybody that you are from Mushin, their countenance changes immediately. Mushin strikes fear into the heart of many people. Too much of everything chai! In fact some people find it hard to believe their are actually cool peeps in Mushin despite the fact that there are some totally perfect gentlemen. Mushin is so blessed with some rough neighbourhoods that will make even angels shiver with fear. Idi Araba, Morgan, Kekere-owo, Olushoga (OPC), Oloruntosin, Idi Oro, Ojuwoye, Moshalasi, Oju Ina, Wey, Akala, Olateju, Olorunsogo, Ile Epo Isale, Itire, Ladipo, Alasalatu, Alhaji Otta etc. These areas are just too notorious and not for gentlemen. You can't just walk through them anyhow. Robbery, fights, scam, fraud are in abundance. There was a time that hardly will a day go by without you hearing gunshots. If you are a policeman and you are posted to Mushin, go and beg the police service commission. Cultism is a thing of pride and most guys are engaged in it. It is so rampant that it is gradually becoming an identity. There are robbers, scammers, gangsters, fraudsters, kidnappers everywhere. You might not know your neighbour whose room precedes yours is an armed robber. You might not know that guy who plays the keyboard in church is Aiye Number One. Mooshine City is something else. God will one day deliver Mushin from Baba Alado guys, Idi Araba guys, Moshalashi guys and Ojuwoye guys. I miss that place though.

1. Island
Personally I think this is the only place that can trump Mushin in the whole of Lagos state. Lagos Island popularly called Isale Eko has been notorious since the 60s. They have the most vicious gang battles, they engage in fraud, they do forgery (Oluwole things), they are scammers, they "wash" currencies, they rob, they process travelling documents etc. Do you know how much they collect before containers can be offloaded. It's only in Eko that you'll see guys with singlets, dirty jean trousers, WHITE dunlop slippers and a chain worth hundreds of thousands of naira on their necks. SMH! They are the omo onile, they sell lands as if God is their biological father, they disturb developers, they can kill at the slightest provocation and they have real "instruments". English toh bad.

Do you have any additions or subtractions? Your comments are welcome.
I'm a freelancer and I write features. If you need articles for your blogs or websites contact me on 08097843667- whatsapp only.
Wow!
Fantastically written cheesy
You would captured EVERYTHING if only you added iyanaba.
That place is also haven of criminals.
Housed LASU boys, alaba boys, okoko boys etc
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 9:08pm On May 24, 2016
Those areas are now mostly offices and business area so less people live there undecided

Babzilla:
In other words the ENTIRELagos except Ikoyi, VI, and Ikeja GRA is a cesspool of violence and crime.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by RedBororo(m): 9:08pm On May 24, 2016
I rep Ajeginle die, but they do not just musicians and footballer but great Manager with the biggest french group in Africa. Am suprise you never mentioned Festac town and okokomiko
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by godoluwa(m): 9:08pm On May 24, 2016
haywire1:

I repesent OSHODI, gone r those days wey u no fit pass oshodi without holding ur pocket grin grin grin grin

#
I love Lagos swaggz pass anything

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by cardoctor(m): 9:09pm On May 24, 2016
Alaba suru nko?

Iyanaba. Very deadly place.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Panelbeater(m): 9:11pm On May 24, 2016
Oh boy don't joke with those printer boys at Shomolu, Fola Agoro, Morocco e.t.c .
They are devilish, my necklace was obtained in broad daylight .

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by WIZGUY69(m): 9:12pm On May 24, 2016
Very Accurate Rating, But those place are overhyped when one compares them to places like : mpape, agwandodo(Abuja) or Koto (Ibadan)

Reping Lere!grin
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by ajebuter(f): 9:13pm On May 24, 2016
You forgot to mention Ebute Meta and Otto axis of Lagos, and recently shomolu is becoming something else but I guess Bariga and fadeyi take care of shomolu.

However you forgot Ketu and alapere, I hear some crazy thugs also reside in those hoods

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Intrepid01(m): 9:13pm On May 24, 2016
Bekwara , good job. I be Yaba guy. I can tell you that the kind of horror and havoc Bariga boys commits on a daily basis is not from here o. classifying them with anoda group is actually disrespectful. Guy u go fear Bariga boys o.....then badhhh gannn
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by calliope(f): 9:17pm On May 24, 2016
Bekwarra:

Bariga for where?
Bariga for where?
help me ask em oo... bariga is quiet and boring
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 24, 2016
WIZGUY69:
Very Accurate Rating, But those place are overhyped when one compares them to places like : mpape, agwandodo(Abuja) or Koto (Ibadan)
What are you saying?
Small mpape and agwandodo for Abuja? I have lived there b4. Those places combined can't even stand small oshodi in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Bellfun(m): 9:21pm On May 24, 2016
talk2archy:
Egbeda travel?

Egbeda kwa? I stay in egbeda and its a relatively peaceful neighborhood!

@OP...where's Ebute-metta? Where's Agodo ikotun?

Me no fear anything for iyana-ipaja ooo

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Arebay(m): 9:23pm On May 24, 2016
Haha....where ebutte metta dey on your list...op,,if I report you to som ppl in my area,u might get killed in 30 mins time...

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by oviejnr(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2016
Ezeokwu! grincheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jay Bloom Turned Down Seats On Titan Voyage / Man Parks Wrongly At Abuja Airport & Comes Back To Meet This Crazy Note / Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.