Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,064 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:15 AM

The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos (63311 Views)

Top 10 Most Notorious Places In Ibadan / The Ten Most Notorious Neighborhood In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by knightsTempler: 9:25pm On May 24, 2016
I rep Opebi, we don't have such hooligan in my hood, strictly residential. tongue grin
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 24, 2016
3rd mainland bridge at night and very early in the morning
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Twizzy30(m): 9:27pm On May 24, 2016
Ketu/Ojota
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 24, 2016
bigtt76:
Those areas are now mostly offices and business area so less people live there undecided

Ah! thats serious
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by nkemdi89(f): 9:34pm On May 24, 2016
Okoko used to be a very quiet place in those days,due to rural urban migration, couple with the availability of houses for mostly low income earners, the environment changed. Lasu staff far back then were given accommodation there, couple with the presence of ppl. The stench from the gutters alone will change the
mentality of any thinking man.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by aspirebig: 9:35pm On May 24, 2016
Where is Otor wharf , Mile 2 where phones are stolen daily on traffic, where is Ojota, where Ojodu Berger, Badagry, where is Ikeja bus stop?

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Aremu01(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2016
What is ikorodu n iyana ipaja doing on that list? Where is computer village, ikeja?

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by hustla(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2016
Omo I sale Eko here
Even though I've been there just once.the kain faces wey I dey see ehn.. No be here
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:38pm On May 24, 2016
Bekwarra:
5. Ijora/Orile
I grouped these two together due to proximity. Ijora I can say categorically has the highest number of brothels in Lagos state. It is a slum where people live in squalor and poverty. The abode of all sorts of society rejects. Wherever you see brothels, then you know all sort of criminals abound there from armed robbers to fraudsters and drug addicts. A trip to Ijora might save me the stress of trying to describe an area of chaos and sodomy. Not that every other person you see in Ijora is bad, there are good people in some parts but the huge slum on the swamps and the dump sites along Orile are something else. At times you might want to think there's no government presence there. Light robberies, bag-snatching, drug peddling etc are the order of the day. Ijora, Badia, Orile are not for gentlemen.

4. Oshodi
I don't think Oshodi need introduction to any Lagosian. If you don't know Oshodi, then you don't know Lagos. Arguably the busiest bus stop in Lagos with inter state parks scattered everywhere. Oshodi is so notorious and despite Babatunde Fashola's best efforts to sanitize it, it still retains its notoriety. London Boys and Railway Line guys are still holding it by the jugular. The de facto emperor of Oshodi Musiliu Akinsanya AKA MC Oluomo is still holding sway with occasional gun battles for the soul of the NURTW cash cow by the different factions. The Railway Boys and London Boys are perennially at loggerheads. There are scammers, fraudsters, pick pockets and bag snatchers everywhere. When you are in Oshodi, always hold your pockets or bag firmly. Never allow a stranger you don't know hug you or get too close to you. Don't stop to talk to anyone claiming he just returned from Cotonou with good and looking for direction. Enough said for now.

3. Ajegunle
Twale 23million times. Is there anyone in Lagos that has never heard of Ajegunle? Chai! I still have a girl in Boundary sha *licks lips*. I respect Ajegunle a lot when it comes to being notorious. All crimes I mean all crimes you can think of as far as Lagos state is concerned are situated in that slum called Ajegunle. Apart from producing some of the best musicians Nigeria has ever known and some of the craziest lyrics and dance moves, Ajegunle also has many ugly side including but not limited to prostitution, drug-peddling and abuse, fraud, scam, thievery, vandalism, robbery, kidnapping etc. A real definiton of a slum and a ghetto.

2. Mushin
Well, I grew up here and I can rant about Mushin for the whole day. Mushin is notorious to a fault. In fact when you tell anybody that you are from Mushin, their countenance changes immediately. Mushin strikes fear into the heart of many people. Too much of everything chai! In fact some people find it hard to believe their are actually cool peeps in Mushin despite the fact that there are some totally perfect gentlemen. Mushin is so blessed with some rough neighbourhoods that will make even angels shiver with fear. Idi Araba, Morgan, Kekere-owo, Olushoga (OPC), Oloruntosin, Idi Oro, Ojuwoye, Moshalasi, Oju Ina, Wey, Akala, Olateju, Olorunsogo, Ile Epo Isale, Itire, Ladipo, Alasalatu, Alhaji Otta etc. These areas are just too notorious and not for gentlemen. You can't just walk through them anyhow. Robbery, fights, scam, fraud are in abundance. There was a time that hardly will a day go by without you hearing gunshots. If you are a policeman and you are posted to Mushin, go and beg the police service commission. Cultism is a thing of pride and most guys are engaged in it. It is so rampant that it is gradually becoming an identity. There are robbers, scammers, gangsters, fraudsters, kidnappers everywhere. You might not know your neighbour whose room precedes yours is an armed robber. You might not know that guy who plays the keyboard in church is Aiye Number One. Mooshine City is something else. God will one day deliver Mushin from Baba Alado guys, Idi Araba guys, Moshalashi guys and Ojuwoye guys. I miss that place though.

1. Island
Personally I think this is the only place that can trump Mushin in the whole of Lagos state. Lagos Island popularly called Isale Eko has been notorious since the 60s. They have the most vicious gang battles, they engage in fraud, they do forgery (Oluwole things), they are scammers, they "wash" currencies, they rob, they process travelling documents etc. Do you know how much they collect before containers can be offloaded. It's only in Eko that you'll see guys with singlets, dirty jean trousers, WHITE dunlop slippers and a chain worth hundreds of thousands of naira on their necks. SMH! They are the omo onile, they sell lands as if God is their biological father, they disturb developers, they can kill at the slightest provocation and they have real "instruments". English toh bad.

Do you have any additions or subtractions? Your comments are welcome.
I'm a freelancer and I write features. If you need articles for your blogs or websites contact me on 08097843667- whatsapp only.
! where is Bariga & somolu?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Slitman: 9:38pm On May 24, 2016
Mushin for life . . . . I am a mushin made . You are welcome to the dirty and crazy outskirt of Lagos . . . Once you don cross your street make you gentle o . . . Boys dey vex
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by kessling: 9:39pm On May 24, 2016
I rep Ketu/Ojota and it ain't anywhere near the places on this list. Op Mushin toh bad

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by WIZGUY69(m): 9:39pm On May 24, 2016
bulldoza:

What are you saying?
Small mpape and agwandodo for Abuja? I have lived there b4. Those places combined can't even stand small oshodi in Lagos.

Though, i quite agree with you concerning that of Oshodi, you know Abj is still developing? Those places will be Abj oshodi in years to come. grin

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Charlesdock(m): 9:49pm On May 24, 2016
Most of these thugs are from Ibadan. Ibadan rough kidi gan. No offence Ibadan pple
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by saintkeppy(m): 9:51pm On May 24, 2016
pinkyliceous:
You forgot Festac. You are a learner.
. Bros Festac is cool compare to these areas. Twale to Oluwole boyz, these guyz get PhD in forgery Technology. If u need Obama & Queen of England's signature on a document with seal, u go get am sharpaly with konfam Letter head from oluwole boyz. Lol Mushin? O'boy! Ur body go send u SMS. From Mushin2Mo'hit *in wande coal's voice

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by tonaydo(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2016
damn I miss surulere, I have been in enugu for a while cos of the rest of mind here. . .I remember ojuelegba, that place is just dangerous most a times while coming back from church its a marathon back home cos say agbero and police dey fight. empire hmmmm their ashawo there na die, I have a friend dat stay there that yr, you will see categories aging from 10yrs to 90yrs. . .remember when a friend of mine wanted to strafff 1 elderly ashawoo like that na so them use rope tie him amadioha begin flog am lols

mushin nkor ewo any small fight them go carry am come my area(akobi crescent) opc sef don't help matter as them like fight pass food

lawanson. itire and idi araba hmmmm back then for high school we do go for school war and na only Fridays after school the fight dey happen most of the students there are from this places including mushin o

lag was fun sha. . .I miss surulere gan

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Presidential22(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2016
Ajah
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2016
Funjosh:
I was Expecting to see Mile2, OP Ajegunle is still safe to walk at Night but Mile2 Hmmm I reserved my comment lipsrsealed
Depends on the area in ajegunle and mile 2

I go to Mile 2 many times at night and trust me I have Neva experienced anything like harassment or thieving..
Ajegunle same thing depending on the street though..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2016
porshuch:
You have said it all all. What of OKOKOMAIKO, Ajangbadi grin, the type of fake drugs they prepare at ajangbadi dey shocking. WHEN YOU'RE AT AJANGBADI, YOU WILL THINK YOU'RE INSIDE OGBE ONITSHA, ODOAKPU.LOL
Okoko, ppl, iba, shibiri and the rest can't be compared with ajegunle or mushin when those places are still very hot..
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2016
charcoal:

Ajangbadi my birth place.
most of the bad guys in ajangbadi migrated from ajegunle many of den are wanted for murder/Robbery case.

This is very true
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by seanwilliam(m): 10:01pm On May 24, 2016
chai, just planning of relocating to lagos finally.mushin precisely...me wey be 'OMO OLE', kai! Wetin man go do oh**?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 10:01pm On May 24, 2016
pinkyliceous:
You forgot Festac. You are a learner.
Them dey call meat kpomo de show face.
Festac no bad jo.. except you talking about boys around maza maza and mile 2
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Msrchyma(m): 10:02pm On May 24, 2016
I did not see Igando in this list.

That place is evil! The abode of wicked and evil men.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Chukazu: 10:07pm On May 24, 2016
I think the ones in Lekki-Aja axis will soon eclipse all the area and group you mentioned
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2016
seankay:
OP that list is not complete without Lekkiangry
lmao, lekki no follow at all!
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by phemolala07(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2016
After oshodi na stil oshodi... If nt for fashola embarassed
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by bolajeebabz(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
Waow!!! Op! You nailed everything perfectly... I rep mushin. Born and grew up there. But unfortunately, I AM A PERFECT GENTLEMAN grin
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by saintkeppy(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2016
Odunharry:

Them dey call meat kpomo de show face.
Festac no bad jo.. except you talking about boys around maza maza and mile 2
. Exactly bro' Festac's Kool, police station, banks, cool joints, car stands, houses are well arranged, the streets are neats too.
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by Realdeals(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2016
Chai! a post from 2015, nevertheless its still on point. I pride myself as a Mushin breed, yet I'm a gentle soul.

A tip, if you have your bag or any of your belongings snatched anywhere in Mushin, just know the location it occurs and contact "Baba Alado"

Beside Mushin get grade, Mushin ilupeju is different from Mushin Papa Ajao. We have Mushin central which is the Alasalatu and Ojuwoye axis

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by macaranta(m): 10:24pm On May 24, 2016
In summary 80% of Lagos isn't safe.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by seunshrek(m): 10:26pm On May 24, 2016
Calliope you stay in bariga?
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by calliope(f): 10:31pm On May 24, 2016
[img][/img]
seunshrek:
Calliope you stay in bariga?
nope
Re: The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos by fullz: 10:34pm On May 24, 2016
I respect these Lagos guys for the nineteen but are they really that gangsterized when compared with Rivers State guys?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine / AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa. / Airpeace Embraer E195-E2 Jet Was On Display At The Dubaiairshow2019(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.