Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo (4617 Views)

I Handed Nigeria Over To Buhari As The African Largest Economy With A $574b-gej / PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo / PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Decibel: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
How much was oil being sold then? How much is it today??

From 1999 when PDP took over the reigns of power to 2015, the price of oil more than quadrupled on the average- did we see a corresponding growth in the economy??

I think the only industry that witnessed such massive growth as the price of oil is corruption.

I imagine what Buhari did with a few nairas saved from a reduction in subsidy when he oversaw PTF. Now, imagine what he could have done had he been given access to all Jonathan had access to as president... Just imagine that..

The same old shit, and the blame games continues. Hypocrisy!

4 Likes

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Wailing Soludo....
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Pidggin(f): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
I know this thread will not reach FP as it is pro-PDP grin

The truth will surely speak for itself regardless.

1 Like

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by emonkey(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:

From 1999 when PDP took over the reigns of power to 2015, the price of oil more than quadrupled on the average- did we see a corresponding growth in the economy??

I think the only industry that witnessed such massive growth as the price of oil is corruption.

I imagine what Buhari did with a few nairas saved from a reduction in subsidy when he oversaw PTF. Now, imagine what he could have done had he been given access to all Jonathan had access to as president... Just imagine that..

Decided to look up the site and was wondering what the "illuminati" graphic is doing there. Is that their logo or something?? Then I saw that all their stories follow one dimension- they are anti Buhari/Government and pro PDP and Biafra. I think this is another "BreakingTimes.com".

Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala, take note. These guys are trying to still promote all Rule9 forbids under a different cloak. Keep peeled eyes on them.

Read and become wise.
In 1999 oil price was $15
Today despite sharp drops oil price is still $35
Why are you so afraid of the truth ? How old were you in 1999 by the way ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by MrEverest(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Classic and indept analysis, APC goons made it appear as if GEJ left a destroyed country to them but in actual sense, they tried in many aspects. They will be very uncomfortable with this truism as laid bare by soludo. The fact is that we missed the golden opportunity of using true federalism to emerge a truely great country. Out of wickedness, laziness, greed, usurpation of the largely northern feudal elite, myopia etc we allowed the groundnut pyramids to disappear in kano, the cocoa farms of the west to stagnate and rot while we became an importer of palm produce, a commodity the east hitherto used to be a net exporter! How can a country of over 900,000 miles of arable lands be importing all manner of farm produce they can confortably grow?? Nigeria has two options left now @ that is true federalism or total break up, the Biafrans must continue until any of that is realised. The North wants to sink the ship of Nigeria, it is either they accept true federalism or we go our way!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by omenka(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
emonkey:

Read and become wise.
$15 then and $35 today, that is just over 100% increase. Under Jonathan, it reached an all time high of $120, that is a whooping 800% increase!! On the average, it sold for $90, that is still 600% increase!! Now, did we see any corresponding increase in our economic indices??

Yet you tell me to "read and become wise". You need to look in the mirror, point at the reflection you see and say those words to it mr. And let me return your question to you: how old are you today

Hatred wouldn't let most of you see beyond your tribes and region.

May God deliver you people.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Bevista: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
But, according to statistics from NBS, the PDP handed over a $550 billion economy (largest in Africa and 26th in the world), with 7.5% unemployment rate (better than European Union, France, Sweden, Belgium, etc although the underemployment figure is much higher)
The bolded statement is most ridiculous. Even the unemployed in those countries get benefits that are way above what the supposed employed in Nigeria gets.

Those countries are 1st world countries and way above our league. Their per capita income is $40k+ while that of Nigeria is $2k+. We should be comparing ourselves with Kenya, South Africa, Angola, etc - who by the way have much better living standards than us.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Decibel: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
I have told my brother Chukwuma Soludo to leave politics and get back to the classroom but longer throat for serving Zoogerian government has beclouded his sense of reasoning, his mates Tunde Lemo and Prof Agomuo are doing well without longing to loot
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by macklef(m): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
Despite the fact the source is questionslable
Must of yall dont indepthly understand d article ur only reading d topic

In a nutshell, what it says is this.
Pdp in 16yrs grew nigerias reserve from 5 to 30 as at
The end of jonahs administration among oda plaudable moves
Such as increase in GDP during this 16yr reign. Puting into consideration
AN overwhelming increase in oil revenues which if the country was well
Managed should have trippled its reserves.
If it took 16yrs to make 5 increase to 30 then it would only be fair enough to give
APC a reasonable period in time to see how well they can grow the rerve from what they inherited.

This is what d article is making us undetstand, its not in anyway saying Gejs tenure is best but its saying pdp made progress over a 16yr yard line and its stupid to compare it with Apcs less than 1yrs rule no matter how bad things are now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by emonkey(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
$15 then and $35 today, that is just over 100% increase. Under Jonathan, it reached an all time high of $120, that is a whooping 800% increase!! On the average, it sold for $90, that is still 600% increase!! Now, did we see any corresponding increase in our economic indices??

Yet you tell me to "read and become wise". You need to look in the mirror, point at the reflection you see and say those words to it mr. And let me return your question to you: how old are you today

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by emonkey(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:

Bros , we are not talking about what went on between takeover and handover. The point is that Buhari is starting from a better point than PDP started from and so he should not start giving the country unnecessary excuses. With luck, oil price will also rise during his tenure, then we will evaluate his overall performance on basis of that; otherwise we will evaluate him from what he had to work with.
I see that your signature sings high praises of the god Buhari, so I can understand your misplaced anger; but then let's work with the facts on the ground and not blind sentiments. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by stteejax(m): 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
One hungry man prayed to GOD that he should stumble on N2000 on the road and he promised to give GOD N1000 out of it. Not up to 5 minutes later after he had said the prayer, he saw N1000 on the road, he quickly picked it, looked up to the sky, shook his head and said,
''My Father in heaven, na now I come fear U o... U no like cheating at all, sharp, sharp U don quickly comot Ur own share.

1 Like

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by omonnakoda: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
Real2020:
If not for the selfish interest of some people, region and national character, Soludo would have been the most appropriate person to head the Ministry of Finance. Not that mere Ogun commissioner whom under her watch Naira has lost tremendous value, at its lowest in the history of Nigeria. She has no direction...
This is an emotional remark devoid of any objectivity whatsoever.
Soludo's tenure as CBN governor had many problems which only came to light after his departure. Blaming "MERE commissioner" seems rather churlish.

Ultimately the responsibility for the economy is that of the President who gets voted in and out.

When did the "commissioner resume office? It is not my place to defend her but to blame a person who has been in office for 2 months is bizarre why are we not blaming Fashola for the electricity situation?
No doubt having a competent Finance Minister is useful but the President has to follow their advice.

Our economic problem in Nigeria is quite simple though not easy. We have failed to industrialize and that means we rely heavily on imports in exchange for oil. When oil prices are high we increase our consumption and suffer immense pain when prices are low.

With Regard to Soludo's article he is right to a large extent but he is not making any earth shattering revelations that we do not know or which qualify him to run the economy.
Nigeria's economic problems will probably require 10 years of hard work and discipline with a focus on the power sector and industrialization. Whoever is in charge of it it will be very painful for the poor. If the security situation does not improve then we are in for very rough times indeed. Right now is not the time to play partisan but to support whoever is in power . The elections are over and we can return to politicking in 4 years. I will reserve my judgment on Buhari till we hear his first budget. I am not a fan of his at all but then I am not a fan of anyone I just want a better Nigeria and we should eschew pettiness and hate
People should ask why the Naira remained stable under Abacha at 80 for years and is free falling now. Nigerians need to look honestly at themselves. We like to CONSUME we consume and consume and consume but produce NOTHING what is it that entitles us to consume all the imports we buy.
Under Abacha consumption was curbed and so the exchange rate was stable.
Now we believe we are entitled to go abroad or online and order stuff in dollars with VISA cards. Well I ask what is anyone ordering from Nigeria. What have we AS INDIVIDUALS produced that entitles us to consume as we do. Under PDP like in the 70s our sense of entitlement was encouraged but the reality is it is all oil. If our consumption levels drop exchange rate will drop. but our appetite for imports is now at JUNKIE levels we are like "addicts" undergoing detox. No one can solve our fundamental problems in 4 years ,no one. We need to work hard to make the things we consume IN NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by omenka(m): 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
emonkey:

Bros , we are not talking about what went on between takeover and handover. The point is that Buhari is starting from a better point than PDP started from and so he should not start giving the country unnecessary excuses. With luck, oil price will also rise during his tenure, then we will evaluate his overall performance on basis of that; otherwise we will evaluate him from what he had to work with.
I see that your signature sings high praises of the god Buhari, so I can understand your misplaced anger; but then let's work with the facts on the ground and not blind sentiments. grin grin
First off, when I see someone try to make a case and use all those "happy" emoticons as you did, I see someone trying hard to hide their ignorance behind a smile, just as the ex-president does all the time.

Secondly, you sound quite dull honestly, you couldn't even differentiate between a "goodwill message" and a "praise". How does wishing the president God's blessings amount to singing high praises of the god Buhari Perhaps there's a part of the word praise I don't understand.

Dude, your argument is neither here nor there. You ask that we tarry and see if there'd be an increase in the price of crude and then judge his performance based on that, and still tell us Jo did better- all in the same breath! Are you sure you are okay

Honestly, I think it is unfair for a single individual to be so confused- you need to share dude.

And your moniker says e- monkey. Apologies for responding to you.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by funkyibodude(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
Mynd44:
But then, it is a matter of "we can be better than this" we had oil at +$100 and did nothing with that money.
you ehh angry
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by emonkey(m): 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
First off, when I see someone try to make a case and use all those "happy" emoticons as you did, I see someone trying hard to hide their ignorance behind a smile, just as the ex-president does all the time.

Secondly, you sound quite dull honestly, you couldn't even differentiate between a "goodwill message" and a "praise". How does wishing the president God's blessings amount to singing high praises of the god Buhari Perhaps there's a part of the word praise I don't understand.

Dude, your argument is neither here nor there. You ask that we tarry and see if there'd be an increase in the price of crude and then judge his performance based on that, and still tell us Jo did better- all in the same breath! Are you sure you are okay

Honestly, I think it is unfair for a single individual to be so confused- you need to share dude.

Where did I say this- that Jo did better ? Where did I even mention Jo at all ? You are a bloody almanjiri lun.atic. Go on shouting Sai Buhari! Shout it well; that is all you may ever achieve in your life grin grin grin
PS I am done with you. You are not worth my time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Ayoola171(m): 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Informative.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by obailala(m): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is simply a case of comparing the PDP to the military days, of course even a dumbo knows that the PDP was better. What's this write-up really all about?...

We are crawling when we ought to be running, that is not to say crawling wouldn't move a body forward.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by emonkey(m): 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
obailala:
This is simply a case of comparing the PDP to the military days, of course even a dumbo knows that the PDP was better. What's this write-up really all about?...

We are crawling when we ought to be running, that is not to say crawling wouldn't move a body forward.

So where do you propose we begin to measure progress from ? Before military we were down , military worsened situation and brought us to zero, and then after PDP took over people like you could dream of going to Dubai without hindrance and purchasing things online from USA without leaving your chair. That is not crawling bro...
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
obailala:

Apc need to move the country forwRd better than it met it. Enough of the excuses

Just as APC wants to blame PDP. The PDP can blame the army years for our failures. Remember Buhari was instrumental in the army years and can be blamed too for the challenges PDP faced!

However PDP did not complain, they improved the country they met

APC should do same
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by LadyExcellency: 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:

Decided to look up the site and was wondering what the "illuminati" graphic is doing there. Is that their logo or something?? Then I saw that all their stories follow one dimension- they are anti Buhari/Government and pro PDP and Biafra. I think this is another "BreakingTimes.com".

Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala, take note. These guys are trying to still promote all Rule9 forbids under a different cloak. Keep peeled eyes on them.

Why are you so much concerned on other people's opinions and comment?

This one na undiluted sadist.

Why call only Mynd44, Seun, Lalasticlala and not Buhari himself, the undisputed despot on second missionary journey to do your biddings?

1 Like

Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by obailala(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
emonkey:

So where do you propose we begin to measure progress from ? Before military we were down , military worsened situation and brought us to zero, and then after PDP took over people like you could dream of going to Dubai without hindrance and purchasing things online from USA without leaving your chair. That is not crawling bro...
I just believe as a nation that we have all the capacities and potentials to have achieved more.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by obailala(m): 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
krendo:

Apc need to move the country forwRd better than it met it. Enough of the excuses

Just as APC wants to blame PDP. The PDP can blame the army years for our failures. Remember Buhari was instrumental in the army years and can be blamed too for the challenges PDP faced!

However PDP did not complain, they improved the country they met

APC should do same
Did I blame anyone in my response?... What brought about this talk of apc vs pdp or apc giving excuses?
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by tomakint: 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
emonkey:

Read and become wise.
Stop wasting your time with that dude he is totally sold out to hypocrisy.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Sibrah: 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
Mynd44:
But then, it is a matter of "we can be better than this" we had oil at +$100 and did nothing with that money.
To Soludo, the cup of performance is half filled but to Nigerians it was three-quarter empty. Relatively, the PDP performance barely reflected the corresponding resource at its disposal. I score them 20%.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by Babacele: 2:24am On Dec 21, 2015
Even if Soludo may not have written that article, a careful read would reveal a veiled indictment of the PDP. until APC spends 16 years ,all these conclusions are speculative? So we should pretend that PDP rogues especially under the clueless one didnt loot d real economy they have represented falsely on paper? so how do you finance new policies n projects when oil prices ,d only blood of your economy, is falling; huge debts awaiting; and d national reserve had been tampered with?

simply you employ fiscal n moral discipline with some creativity in productive economy from the budget planning to the implementation which is what the Buhari administration is doing. Mind you, we are yet to implement the APC better budget ,slated for 2016, that is mostly non-oil based n more pro people with welfarism at the core. Let us wait and see after 4 years at least, anything short of that is mischievous.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:14am On Dec 21, 2015
Lifted from the article...

[size=20pt]...A minimum standard for measuring ‘change’ is the extent to which APC government beats the record of the PDP is identifying/defining goals and expectations of its citizenry[/size]

fvk PDP!
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by felifeli: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2015
Na so? From this day I go begin fear APC. Useless party.
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2015
In my own opinion/assessment, PDP( and APC )n the last 16 years failed woefully relative to the resources it received. The so-called statistics of 7% unemployment rate, 32% poverty rate and $550 billion economy does not seem to agree with the reality on ground.

It is however unfortunate that when we say PDP all fingers will point at Jonathan. The truth is that Soludo Chukwuma, Oby Ezeks, Atiku Abubakar, Obasanjo, Amaechi, Goodluck Jonathan and several others that held one position or the under since 1999 under PDP are to be held responsible for our problem. Even some opposition members that weren't in PDP but were holding leadership position at various level must share blame.

President Buhari has got to start on a new slate and he must realise that #Never Again Will Nigerians allow failure and impunity.

My score for PDP(and APC) since 1999 is 15%
Re: PDP Handed Nigeria Over In A Better State Than It Met Nigeria - Soludo by leofab(f): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2015
How APC report the news these days...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari With Ogun State Governor And Others In London / Nnamdi Kanu Replies Dambazzua, Slams Media For Lies Aganst Him / The Real Saraki VS FAKE Saraki(senate President) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.