Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives (10416 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Bayelsa Man Shows His Two Wives On Facebook (Photos) / This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hello nairalanders,

I want to build a house and intend providing for two wives. How best do you think I should go about it? Do I separate their apartments or just their kitchen? Has anybody found himself in this situation before and how were you able to deal with it?

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Twaci(f): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Two kitchens

Two bathrooms

Two sittingrooms

Two balconies

Bros just build two houses abeg cheesy

35 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Twaci:
Two kitchens

Two bathrooms

Two sittingrooms

Two balconies

Thank you. I actually want all of us to be living under same roof.
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Twaci(f): 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
mostyg:

Thank you. I actually want all of us to be living under same roof.
Can't u use one roof to build two houses? cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
Twaci:

ok, I got your point. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by ggirl4real: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
Twaci:
Two kitchens
Two bathrooms
Two sittingrooms
Two balconies
Seconded ooo.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by SAMBARRY: 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
grin grin

Kanwuliajara come and look into this matter. I don't even know what to say again grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by tpiar: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
muslim section?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by EfemenaXY: 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin

Kanwuliajara come and look into this matter. I don't even know what to say again grin grin grin

There's nothing to say.

We're still expecting you to join us. There's enough rooms for side-chicks. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

There's nothing to say.

We're still expecting you to join us. There's enough rooms for side-chicks. kiss

I would rather prefer to have two wives than to keep any side-chick. I don't do side-chicking..

5 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by EfemenaXY: 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
mostyg:

I would rather prefer to have two wives than to keep any side-chick. I don't do side-chicking..

That post wasn't directed at you. Sambarry knows what I was referring to.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by cococandy(f): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Twaci:
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by tpiar: 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2015

11 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

That post wasn't directed at you. Sambarry knows what I was referring to.

I m sorry if I sounded offensive.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
tpiar:
op

aren't you American?

Your question would be better answered in the Muslim section.

Just because people are African, doesn't mean you should automatically assume they're interested in discussing polygamy.

its like people seeing an African and immediately switching the conversation to female circumcision- that's very patronizing.

1. I'm not American and I have never been to America

2. I have posted in the family section, the best section which my questions are based on. Marrying two wives is not peculiar to Muslims.

3. There are people who aren't interested in polygamy, there are also several others who are interested. My post is to seek advice and I would welcome advice from you

11 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by marbee(f): 12:38am On Dec 21, 2015
Only one" thing " you want two women,take am easy o.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 1:17am On Dec 21, 2015
marbee:
Only one" thing " you want two women,take am easy o.

Has there lived a man who never desired more than one woman?

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by tpiar: 2:07am On Dec 21, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Miami11: 5:19am On Dec 21, 2015
tpiar:
op

aren't you American?

Your question would be better answered in the Muslim section.

Just because people are African, doesn't mean you should automatically assume they're interested in discussing polygamy.

its like people seeing an African and immediately switching the conversation to female circumcision- that's very patronizing.
What indication made you think this dude is American with that kind of bush mentality? That there is a straight villager need I say more.

7 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Qualer: 5:30am On Dec 21, 2015
Twaci:
Two kitchens

Two bathrooms

Two sittingrooms

Two balconies

the speed wey you take put down this your answer na waa o!! you be second wife?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by PresVA: 5:47am On Dec 21, 2015
Build a house with different flats for ur own good o because if any trouble, e go land on ur head....

staying separately wouldn't stop them from keeping a cordial relationship if they wish... They'll also have their space and privacy too...

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by PresVA: 5:55am On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

Has there lived a man who never desired more than one woman?
Yes, there are men who stuck to a single woman till they died; they never cheated too...

Don't allow the world to deceive you; some men still do keep their vows and you can be one! Such men have more impt things to do other than shamelessly chasing small girls around. ..

Marrying two women wouldn't stop you from cheating too, it's a personal decision..

However, if you must keep two wives, let the first wife know of your polygamous intention beforehand, so that she can make her decision. ..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by sodiamond: 6:04am On Dec 21, 2015
Tufiakwa! One ddick two wives. If marrying two wives is good why are you bothering Yourself on how to build separate houses. OK you don't want wife 1 to know when your sleeping with wife 2, My friend that's pure cheating. Can u imagine another man sharing your wife with you? Better grow up man this is 21st Century!!

12 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2015
I have seen two instances.

1. built a compound with each flat to each wife. I think he has about 4 wives.

2. just one flat different rooms, same kitchen, same sitting room.

It all depends on how equal you can be between the two wives to make them very close.

Architects can advice you better sha.

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2015
tpiar:

where are you from?

My advice to you would be to help underpriviledged kids and others who need assistance.

In any case, your thread should be in Muslim section.

1. I am a Nigerian

2.I appreciate your concern about assisting underprivileged kids.

3. I am seeking advice that pertains to my family life in the family section, Is there anything wrong with that?
How would you feel if sections like Muslim family, Islamic Politics, Islamic jokes, Islamic Business,etc. are created on Nairaland? As a Muslim, am I not entitle to a post on Nairaland?Am I not entitle to freely interact with members of my society?

In the real world when issues such as Islamic court, Islamic bank etc are raised, you want Muslims to relate with the society without necessarily segregating, why the double standard?.

You want a simple family issue to be referred to Muslim section, are there no Muslim in the family section that has been given their advice and opinions on different issues without necessarily Islamizing such advice and opinions?

Please sir, let my post remain in this section as I have deemed it fit.

Thank you

14 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2015
Rukemi291:
I have seen two instances.

1. built a compound with each flat to each wife. I think he has about 4 wives.

2. just one flat different rooms, same kitchen, same sitting room.

It all depends on how equal you can be between the two wives to make them very close.

Architects can advice you better sha.

Thank you Ma.
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 7:42am On Dec 21, 2015
PresVA:
Yes, there are men who stuck to a single woman till they died; they never cheated too...

Don't allow the world to deceive you; some men still do keep their vows and you can be one! Such men have more impt things to do other than shamelessly chasing small girls around. ..

Marrying two women wouldn't stop you from cheating too, it's a personal decision..

However, if you must keep two wives, let the first wife know of your polygamous intention beforehand, so that she can make her decision. ..

1. Let me inform you that I have never cheated on my wife and would rather have another wife in my house than to cheat.

2. Marrying two wives would not stop me from cheating but would reduce my tendency to cheat, it is therefore a lesser evil.

3. She is well informed of my intention.

4. Thank you for your advice.

8 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2015
Miami11:

What indication made you think this dude is American with that kind of bush mentality? That there is a straight villager need I say more.

Sir, are there no villages in America?
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by thelish(f): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin

Is she still on nairaland? Its been a while I saw her post n that of GreatGod.
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by PresVA: 8:06am On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

1. Let me inform you that I have never cheated on my wife and would rather have another wife in my house than to cheat.

2. Marrying two wives would not stop me from cheating but would reduce my tendency to cheat, it is therefore a lesser evil.

3. She is well informed of my intention.

4. Thank you for your advice.
Your wife is well informed of your decision and what's her take? Did you tell her your intention before you married her or now?

I wonder why some guys feel they're the only ones that deserve to taste different 'soups' .. how will you feel if your wife keeps another man or you think women don't deserve to taste different 'soups' too?
Do unto others as you would want them do unto you!

Anyway, I think it's in the Muslim tradition so good luck. ..

7 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2015
PresVA:
Your wife is well informed of your decision and what's her take? Did you tell her your intention before you married her or now?

I wonder why some guys feel they're the only ones that deserve to taste different 'soups' .. how will you feel if your wife keeps another man or you think women don't deserve to taste different 'soups' too?
Do unto others as you would want them do unto you!

Anyway, I think it's in the Muslim tradition so good luck. ..

1. My wife is well informed of my decision and this was communicated to her before marriage.

2. You are definitely getting it wrong. It is never about tasting different 'soups'. If it were, I would have been cheating on her with different women but never did. Keeping more than one wife is not always about tasting different 'soups'. Have you thought of taking care of widows and divorcees?
Anyway, I would still prefer to have another woman in my house than to be womanizing around. It is a lesser evil.

3. Let me briefly highligh some points for your consideration on the issue of women deserving to taste different 'soups'. I still remember that
i. once a woman is married, her last name is changed to that of the husband
ii. children bear the last name of the father.
iii. it is the responsibility of the husband to take care of the financial needs of his wife and even to some extent the wife's family.
iv. it is the husband that pays bride price/dowry on the wife
Until the above changes, the status qua as regards polygamy remains.

4. Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Chubbiehills(f): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2015
You keep the two rooms at different ends making it ensuits then you make the sitting room to b centralised!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Virgin Husband, Experienced Wife: Is It Fair? / Christmas Gift Idea For A Mother-In-Law / Spanking Your Child In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.