Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? (46174 Views)

"Africans In Diaspora Are Jealous Of Each Other" - U.S Lady Cries Out / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
bayulll01:

You stupidity and ignorance no get part 2,firstly ask yourself.

Can you bring america master card or visa and use it here in nigeria.

Can you open a bank and deposit naira in america or other european nations.

Can you use america bank master card and shop here in nigeria,if you can answer those questions first I will help you reset your brain.

N.B there are many loop holes that this current administrator is trying to block since its now paramount that both yam and goat cannot live together,instead let's keep the yam from the goat or both kept apart.

Its a temporary policy,most banks are paying too much for your silly amount you withdraw in another country or your idiocy 5dollar hosting you are paying
I was just reading comments before I spotted an ignoramus like you. I won't even answer your questions but make thunder dismantle your blokkus.

5 Likes

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Ustec: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
GREAT NEWS,...I hope this will help in the fight against money laundering

some people wey no sabi anytin 4 economics and commerce will come and start texting rubbish about monetary policies....

we asked for change, so lets wait and see the effect of those changes 1st...

3 Likes

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
nuru:
For paying school fees, just obtain the official invoice from the school, fill from A at the bank and support it with documents such as the invoice, the admission letter and international passport. Issue an instruction to the bank to debit your Naira account and it will be done.

You annimals speak as if it's so straightforward. Another fowl just got on my nerves
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by ImpactWorld(m): 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
drnoel:

Oh ok didnt know there was restriction of buying dollars in nigeria. What of funding ur dorm accounts by wire transfer via foreign account sources or via money transfer? I have always used that and it has not yet failed me. Beside I have a friend that funds his dorm account with western union and he just stays in Ghana.

For someone who lives and works in Nigeria, it is a serious problem to transact abroad.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Excellent7:

Sir, it is very obvious that you are either too dense to understand these matters, simply not well exposed at least to international "ish", simply deluded or uninformed.
Let me answer your questions, perhaps you can now be educated a little on these matters.

1. Can you bring america master card or visa and use it here in nigeria.

Yes Sir, you can bring your American, European etc. Mastercard, Visacard etc to Nigeria and use it here. In fact it should be possible for a tourist to spend weeks in other countries without touching the local currency if all service providers are card enabled. When you are doing that your local currency transactions are converted to dollars and the dollar equivalent of your local currency expenditure removed from your Dollar denominated Mastercard. Doing this is equivalent to "importing " Dollars to Nigeria or the country you are making the transactions in. This is the reason informed folks are against the "demarketing" of Nigeria that can make foreigners not come here to spend there hard currency here.

2. Can you open a bank and deposit Naira in america or other european nations ?
No Sir, In principle no, because our Naira is not an "international" currency.
For Dollar and Euro , you can have accounts in such denominations in many countries. For the Chinese Yuan I am not sure.
This is what Naira can become one day, if we are able to get Nigeria and her economy to grow up to its full potentials.
I am aware that it I can have a Dollar denominated account in European countries if I do not want to convert to Euro.
For Dollar and Euro

3. Can you use america bank master card and shop here in Nigeria, if you can answer those questions first I will help you reset your brain.
Sir this question has been answered in the answers to question 1 above.

Sir, now that answers have been provided to your questions, you might wish to proceed and "educate" us with your now exposed and magnificent ignorance.
You even had the time to respond with intelligence. These APC sheeples and their Stockholm syndrome never cease to amaze me. It's really sad to know that there are several of them who think like this.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by sonnie10: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
urchmanx:

What of personal upkeep? I guess that is were the question is.

Cost of attending includes fees, tuition, boarding, personal upkeep and others charges. You may be able to transfer up to the official estimated Cost of attending, which includes personal upkeep amount. All schools are able to provide you with estimate and invoice for that amount.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by uzolexis(f): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
bayulll01:

Can you use america bank master card and shop here in nigeria,if you can answer those questions first I will help you reset your brain.

N.B there are many loop holes that this current administrator is trying to block since its now paramount that both yam and goat cannot live together,instead let's keep the yam from the goat or both kept apart.

Its a temporary policy,most banks are paying too much for your silly amount you withdraw in another country or your idiocy 5dollar hosting you are paying

Yes, you can use American master card in Nigeria, they will just deduct the dollar equivalent of the naira amount you are paying.
No, you cant deposit Naira in any bank outside Nigeria but you can deposit dollars in any bank in any country in the world. This is because dollar is a world currency, whether we like it or not that is a fact. I lived in Hungary, I had a dollar account and a Euro account, even though the hungarian currency is forint. I didnt even have a forint account, I lived in Belgium and had a dollar account too.
International transactions are in dollars, world trade is usuallly in dollars.
This is a terrible policy and is not closing any loopholes, it is making life more difficult than it already is for the average Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by ozor1: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Okay, what happens to goods with no local substitutes??
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by 2n2k(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
ajbabs:

More so, read wide sir. Sanusi (one time CBN governor and currently emir of Kano) spent from one time to another, a total of 117 billion dollars to defend naira during his tenure. The money was from external reserve .

Even if we are to take your unverifiable figure of $117bn allegedly used to defend the naira, it was because oil price was high and govt revenue was soaring. Where do you expect Buhari govt to source forex to defend naira when oil price is extremely low? That is why the CBN is using monetary policies to defend naira for now. By the way, foreign reserves of Nigeria never reach $117b level in its history.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by klax(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
signature2012:

Is so annoying and devastating.The reduction was still cool to me,but saying u can't withdraw is just pure wickedness.

Have got biz I run in naija in which my account has to be credited after each transaction to enable me make withdrawal where I am despite with the high exchange rate.With this policy now,how does one cope?

But we warned you guys then but nobody listen. I was here all the time telling people APC plus Buhari are not the alternative the end product will be hunger and failure now see it happening. What shock me most is the guy who head Apex bank is extract from a business genius region the East and yet he lack senses he lack policy he lack business reasoning a bloody lunatic shame of a tribe.

Only considering the number of our citizen outside and those on business trip abroad a sane boss or a sane business minded man will know the best policy not this anuofia goat confused man. by THE WAY DO NIGERIA HAS GOVERNMENT AT THE MOMENT AT ALL HELL NO OOO OOOOOOOOOO.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by sonnie10: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
drnoel:
This just affects the debitCards attached to a naira account and not the ones attached to a Dollar account. Pls People should have their informations right. If anyone has contrary Information that can prove me wrong pls paste link.

Nigeria banks do not accept dollar deposits anymore. So how do you fund the dollar account?
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by uzolexis(f): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
Most of those bashing me are self centred, we are talking about national interest. I've a well established business abroad to those who are calling me guard man. If our local industries are not making huge sales how would they sound good. The Nigeria of today is living outside it nationhood. We lack patriotism, anything made in Aba will not be your paramount in your purchasing list. We want to develop how can we develop when we dont appreciate our God giving talent. The policy has come stay, all those schooling abroad must come back, all those going for medicine abroad must come back, all those going tourism abroad come here we have it here.
Review yourself don't insult or names calling.

I understand what you are saying, we need to invest, we need to make our economy better but this is the wrongest way to go about it. Economic studies has shown over and over again that closing your economy almost always makes it worse.
Don't you think a better solution would be for the govt. to invest in our local industies, give them tax breaks and all that, that would give them a better platform to compete with the imported or foreign ones and would spur them to even be better.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
Most of those bashing me are self centred, we are talking about national interest. I've a well established business abroad to those who are calling me guard man. If our local industries are not making huge sales how would they sound good. The Nigeria of today is living outside it nationhood. We lack patriotism, anything made in Aba will not be your paramount in your purchasing list. We want to develop how can we develop when we dont appreciate our God giving talent. The policy has come stay, all those schooling abroad must come back, all those going for medicine abroad must come back, all those going tourism abroad come here we have it here.
And you keep exposing your ignorance. I don't blame you. GEJ built almajiri schools for you, go it's free. Why don't you take your business to Nigeria and promote business in Nigeria? Why don't you send ... I wanted to go on before I remembered even 7 year olds with smartphones are on nairaland these days.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by cizy: 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
bayulll01:

You stupidity and ignorance no get part 2, firstly ask yourself.

Cc mynd44

The bolded...

Since mynd44 wouldn't do the needful..

Cc Seun..

this guy broke rule number 2 and I was kind enough to show it to your mod..
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by cizy: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
chinedu1nig:

Read before you comment... connect your mouth to your brain idiot... did you read anywhere ban is placed importation of machines?
this is a welcome policy except your family is into illegal business..

Cc mynd44,

The bolded..

**Modified**

Since mynd44 wouldn't do the needful..

Cc Seun..

this guy broke rule number 2 and I was kind enough to show it to your mod.. smiley
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by linearity: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
It appear the answer is to open a dom account in Nigeria, base on my understanding from what I have read so far, this policy only affects naira accounts.

Yes, buying dollars on the streets to fund your dom account can be expensive, but what is the use of that money, when you can't spend it.

Another method is to look for 9ja abroad who operate accounts in Nigeria and strike a deal with them, do Internet transfer into their 9ja account and they can pay you cash abroad in hard currency or make a reciprocal transfer into your foreign accounts. I have done this for countless friends, it is a win-win, but again be ready to make the transaction at the prevailing market rate.

Many 9jas abroad having one or two on going projects in 9ja or the constant need to pay someone in 9ja and as such can be open to such one way transactions i.e. Money going into their 9ja naira account without needing back abroad.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
signature2012:

First,i expected you to reply my post without insult,but since have opened your stinking dirty mouth to spew trash I will give u what u need.

You are a bloody illiterate,you can use your American mastercard to make withdrawals in naija.

2)You are a big FOOL,if you are to open account in a foreign country,u are meant to use their currency to do that and not your naira.

3)You are a disgrace to your family,u can use your American mastercard to shop anywhere in the world so as far their is a mastercard logo their.

4)Is you that need a brain reset,cause u know nothing,you are just been gullible,call you an illiterate is an under statement and a slap on those who are illiterates.....bloody idiot saying someone is stupid where as you are the most STUPID person on this planet earth.

#EKPA.

Signature2012... Ignore the fool, you even took your time in answering his questions lol....

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
linearity:
It appear the answer is to open a dom account in Nigeria, base on my understanding from what I have read so far, this policy only affects naira accounts.

Yes, buying dollars on the streets to fund your dom account can be expensive, but what is the use of that money, when you can't spend it.

Another method is to look for 9ja abroad who operate accounts in Nigeria and strike a deal with them, do Internet transfer into their 9ja account and they can pay you cash abroad in hard currency or make a reciprocal transfer into your foreign accounts. I have done this for countless friends, it is a win-win, but again be ready to make the transaction at the prevailing market rate.

Many 9jas abroad having one or two on going projects in 9ja or the constant need to pay someone in 9ja and as such can be open to such one way transactions i.e. Money going into their 9ja naira account without needing back abroad.
there is a ban on dom accounts in Nigeria. It's been on for a while now. But good suggestion anyway
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
Jacko1:
I blame all you dumb people dat did not see the signs from september.... 2 things were obviously gonna happen to the naira ....... Its free fall for sure 1.5milluon naira is worth lik 1 million in usd now..... 2Bd stuff was dat wif time ur daily spendin limit wud reduce further yet u dumb ppl stayed comfy wer seein freefall of naira and left ur money in ur naira mastercard...... Your naira is worth poo now tongue una neva see anyfin..... Western union charges 14% of wat u wanna send not sure of moneygram so still losses fo u...... Dis newest policy wil ride on til at least march next year .... And usin western union beta get ready fo stories of 419 cos some ppl once u dem ur naira i aint seeing no rand ntoi tongue
Before you refer to anyone as dumb you should first go get an education, which clearly by your text speak you leave no doubt. smh, whoever paid for your internet.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by sucre2(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
AbuMaryam1:

Reason why you should also bring your well established business to Nigeria and close down the one abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by ajbabs(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
2n2k:

Even if we are to take your unverifiable figure of $117bn allegedly used to defend the naira, it was because oil price was high and govt revenue was soaring. Where do you expect Buhari govt to source forex to defend naira when oil price is extremely low? That is why the CBN is using monetary policies to defend naira for now. By the way, foreign reserves of Nigeria never reach $117b level in its history.

http://www.cenbank.org/Intops/Reserve.asp?MoveDate=12/21/2015%206:00:23%20AM
@ your last statement sir, that was why I said that "from one time to another"
Since 11/11/2015 update, our external reverse has been decreasing everyday. Do you know what they are using it for? To stabilize naira against dollar "among other things."
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by linearity: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheSixthSense:

there is a ban on dom accounts in Nigeria. It's been on for a while now. But good suggestion anyway

hmmm, are you such about that? I have friends that have and operates dom accounts in Nigeria...and when I google 'opening dom account in Nigeria' I got lots of hits...see some:

https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/products/personal-banking/domiciliary-accounts/domiciliary-account/
https://www.ubagroup.com/countries/ng/personalbanking/domaccounts/dom
http://www.naijaonlinebiz.com/how-to-open-a-domiciliary-account-with-gtbank-firstbank-zenith-bank/
http://www.stanbicibtcbank.com/Nigeria/Individual/Saving-and-investing/Domiciliary-Account

...and there are more.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by teehef: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
A Silver Corolla 2004 model with plate number KUJ 181 HN (abuja) was stolen on Sunday at Ilupeju. Please call 08098980717 if you have any information that can help find it
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by ideylaff: 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
YerYer:

Is this a new development due to the dollar scarcity? I know you can send money via western union and money gram from Nigeria.

The limit on Westen Union is enforced and you can only send monogram once every quarter

This is very sad.

The policy is not for the rich who have forex at home or in their foreign accounts abroad

It's a step backwards nothing more. FACT

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by ideylaff: 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
linearity:

hmmm, are you such about that? I have friends that have and operates dom accounts in Nigeria...and when I google 'opening dom account in Nigeria' I got lots of hits...see some:

https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/products/personal-banking/domiciliary-accounts/domiciliary-account/
http://www.naijaonlinebiz.com/how-to-open-a-domiciliary-account-with-gtbank-firstbank-zenith-bank/
http://www.stanbicibtcbank.com/Nigeria/Individual/Saving-and-investing/Domiciliary-Account

...and there are more.

You don't know websites and links are never in sync with the current.

Even Board members of the same bank issue conflicting policies

This town is known as ORGANISED CHAOS.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by linearity: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
ideylaff:

You don't know websites and links are never in sync with the current.

Even Board members of the same bank issue conflicting policies

This town is known as ORGANISED CHAOS.

These links are directly from the source, like they say from the 'horse mouth' aka from First Bank, UBA, Stanbic Bank, GTB, etc; are you saying these Banks can be parading what they no longer offer online? It is understandable when one bank fails to take down such products from their websites, but all of them can not just forget to take it down at the same time.

If you say, their are some restrictions in obtaining a dom account, I will agreed, but a total ban? Haba, Nigeria never bad like that na....I know there was a time the Banks were complaining of been flooded with foreign currencies in dom accounts, because according to the Banks..'their faults were full": http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/cbn-domiciliary-account-and-the-economy/

..and as such they implemented some restrictions...in any case..it appear those same faults no longer have foreign currencies and they have gone in the opposite direction in terms of policies/restrictions...

That is 9ja for you, but I love that country die, it is the only place on earth where my body, soul, spirit and mind are in unison.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
linearity:

...and there are more.

Yes. The ban is on cash deposits into domiciliary accounts. I can only withdraw

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by 989900: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
JayJustus:

exactly...use western union and moneygram...and the exchange rate they use is real time live exchange rate not some bogus mallam street rate...I've been using western union and moneygram and no problem for the past one year...let them keep dulling with atm bullshyte...but note that the card has only been suspended from atm withdrawals but pos and online transactions are still available...

Can someone double confirm the part emboldened?
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by Edoblakky(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
bayulll01:

Sorry to burst your bubble bro. You seem to be the ignorant and stupid one here. A master card can access any currency anywhere in the world hence it's name.
Too many without knowledge commenting on topics they know nothing about.
This policy, if true, is anti-developmental. We are not the only country in the world and I don't know why we have this sort of anti-people policy that is not obtainable anywhere else in the world.
If the CBN has run out of ideas, let them say so.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by 989900: 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
repogirl:
you are not depositing cash... The agent will transfer from his dollar account to yours. You understand?

@what rate . . . banks are currency racketeering in broad daylight.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by ibnjarir93(m): 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
santos247:
The new CBN policy is no more news.
Read details here: https://www.nairaland.com/2434811/cbn-restricts-use-naira-denominated#35603203.

However, as a Nigerian in diaspora, i want guys to advise what avenues can i explore to access my funds. I am currently schooling in South Africa and my monthly salary is my major means of survival. My naira Master card has been my regular shopping partner.
Smart guys in the house, what options do i have??

This isn't a smart answer bro. wire transfers to your SA bank account could work.
Re: How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? by macminista(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
dunlie:

Read your comment once more and digest your stupidity...."you stay abroad" imagine the nonsense, when people on ground here in Nigeria is talking....a western slave like you go wan make noise say you stay abroad. please shut your crap , stay your abroad and allow we village people to battle with our problems...ok? Good.
...Na only I'm dey abroad? I live in the us..honestly our cbn governor is as clueless as ever...just had my bvn setup last week in Chicago after endless wait for the cbn to setup a centre here now they come up with another Yeye policy..how do we that do business do withdrawals with this kinda of policy...dis ppl dey think at all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Crushed To Death In Anambra Accident Between Truck & Keke (Graphic) / Accident In Adamawa Kills White Man And All Passengers (Graphic Pics) / Train Hits A Toyota Camry In Mushin, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.